Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is WoW Done? (Read 202 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Is WoW Done?
Dec 14th, 2013 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Never played it. Don't plan to.  But hey, it is 75% off...

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: Is WoW Done?
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Meth good?
In that price you have 30 days subscription, then you have to pay. So I donīt see any bargain there.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Kung Fu Panda was the shark jump of WoW. Getting involved now would be like getting involved in DDO after MOTU.

If you treat it as a game to play for 30 days and be done, it might not be bad. But who has that kind of strength of will?

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Considering I didn't have the strength of will to play it for more than a week back in '08, not going to bother now.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2013 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
only 7.6 million suscribers left. Yep... must be dead.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2013 at 11:08pm by Milton »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2013 at 9:42am
Print Post  
WOW is not worth your time or money if you plan playing casually, but is the best thing if you like the idea of progress raiding and "serious" commitment.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Ok... I played WoW around 2 years I guess and stopped playing 3 months after the second expansion came out.
I had a very nice raiding group and really liked the raid progress and how relaxed everyone was, but as we progressed further in the raid dungeons the relaxed raiding and having fun went missing for me. (ok the raids never were relaxing as a healer, but even if mistake were made no one freaked out, we just tried again. Unless some really stupid mistakes happend)
Too much preparations for the next raid and too much yelling if someone made even a slight mistake, which most of the time wiped the group. That's what happend in the hardest two raids before the second expansion hit WoW... the encounters mostly allowed not the slightest mistake or the whole group would wipe and you needed to restart.

If you like raiding in DDO, don't think you would like raiding in WoW too. Not sure about the new raids, but compared to the first few raids in WoW raiding in DDO is a joke.
But I start to blame the players of DDO for the situation. With all the self sufficient toons such high level group play which was needed back in the early months/years of WoW isn't possible.

I only started playing WoW because of the druid class, I really didn't like the character design. If a friend wouldn't have 'forced' me to play on his private server I would have never started playing WoW. ^^
And WoW had the best druid class implementation I every played. It might not be true to the dnd druid class rule books and such stuff, but it's the most fun class I ever played.

Even if you play it casual you can have a very nice time in WoW, biggest problem is that the low level instances are rarely run anymore because most players are stuck in endgame. (But not sure if this changed with the last 3-5 expansions)

But if you like the comic style landscape graphic you get many nice areas to explore.

And the different PvP arenas, battlefields and what not hey are offering atm can be much fun too.

The biggest concern for me is, that lately I spoke to several people who played WoW around the time I played it and they tried it again in the last year. They said many things changed and that WoW would have become more and more casual and too easy...

Even if you play it casual... it costs what now? around 10-15$ each month I bet... of you play more than 2 hours each weak it was worth your money if you like leveling and exploring new areas. Especially if you know that skilling fishing, cooking, alchemy and such stuff is going to be fun for you too. ^^

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
As far as I know DDO raids are 100 light years more forgiving than any raid in a mainstream MMO.

It comes with the philosophy : there is many ways to do the same things with different groups and classes from D&D.
you can't have a raid that needs the perfect group with the perfect set of items and acting perfectly in, sync in DDO. you need to allow for imperfect things at all the stages because that's how PnP is played.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 16th, 2013 at 1:59pm:
As far as I know DDO raids are 100 light years more forgiving than any raid in a mainstream MMO.

It comes with the philosophy : there is many ways to do the same things with different groups and classes from D&D.
you can't have a raid that needs the perfect group with the perfect set of items and acting perfectly in, sync in DDO. you need to allow for imperfect things at all the stages because that's how PnP is played.

Although the above is true, it was less true in the past than now.

There is a huge difference between raiding in DDO today and raiding in DDO 5-6 years ago.  Many raids took months for the first completion when they came out.  Elite runs were actually challenging.

Today not so much.  Sure, Epic Elite is more difficult, but there's no reason to run them, so nobody does. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint