Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Did WB tell Turbine something??? (Read 17125 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Did WB tell Turbine something???
Reply #25 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 8:21am
Print Post  
WHAT??? What about the epic win epic tring is?!?! Lets not not just make everyone rerun old boring content multiple times a character, but lets do the same with epic - for epicless past lives!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 8:21am:
WHAT??? What about the epic win epic tring is?!?! Lets not not just make everyone rerun old boring content multiple times a character, but lets do the same with epic - for epicless past lives!

Extra win for all players who get stuck with bugs causing all their karma + epic heart to disappear.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #27 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:31am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 12:36am:
We had a very good year.

I'm glad to hear that, though I'm having some trouble reconciling that with my personal experience. And from the tone of the other responses, others are too.

So how about some numbers to back that statement up? Doesn't have to be raw data, though that would be welcome, a ratio to show relational gain would be enough.

How about giving us the ratio of Player Game Hours for 2012 vs 2013 as a metric of how good the year was?

And for how much of a critical hit ShadowFell was, how about the ratio of Player Game Hours for one week approximately 3 months before ShadowFell to Player Game Hours for one week approximately 3 months after ShadowFell.

Of course, if those numbers aren't so good, it's probably better to deflect this question, give a snarky answer, or even ignore it completely. Because if your definition of "good" is "we only lost 20% instead of the 40% we projected" then you probably don't want that getting out here.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #28 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Dec 22nd, 2013 at 1:22am:
Hot Fucking fudge sundae up my ass with a coconut!

I don't know about anyone else, but this pretty much sums up everything in a Hitchhiker's Guide scale of everything.

This should be news feed.   Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #29 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:31am:
So how about some numbers to back that statement up? Doesn't have to be raw data, though that would be welcome, a ratio to show relational gain would be enough.

What makes you think they're gauging the success of 2013 by the same metric you would use.  My guess is that the quarterly or annual bonus checks have been quite nice this year and a vast improvement against prior years.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
this year was rough for ddo, expansion sucked still sucks, and will probably continue to suck forever. (2 adventure packs? really?) 
epic tr was neat idea. the actual execution of epic tr (cov drop rates, turn in rates, past life feats, and bugs) makes me completely uninterested in the steaming pile of turbine that it is.
enhancement pass was a complete pile of meh.
chest reroll was and still is crap. (shitty money grab is shitty)
feather fucked the loot harder than he ever had before.

unwanted changes, spirit crushing bugs, and crap content caused my guild to become a ghost town.

money grabs and getting screwed by turbine is how 2013 felt to me.

edit to add that system changes for the sake of change all over the place also was pretty damn frustrating.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2013 at 3:19pm by sadface »  

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
and you guys fucked the launcher so bad that i have to use a third party program to launch the game.

and can you please add more awesomunian procs to my task list?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 1:35pm:
What makes you think they're gauging the success of 2013 by the same metric you would use.  My guess is that the quarterly or annual bonus checks have been quite nice this year and a vast improvement against prior years.

Ah, of course! What was I thinking? And right after I told Harharhar I thought dollars were the metric of most interest to a for-profit corporation, how could I forget so soon?!

Well, if that's the definition of very good, then congratulations and I hope they gave you a nice cut, Maj, because even if I don't always agree with you, I most definitely respect you for being the only Turbine employee to have the balls to come here, and I do sincerely hope you get hazerdous duty pay Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Maj did what an employee should do. The company at large is a dick sucking on her toothless gums crack whore. They shouldn't be surprised when jizz flies and glues their eyelashes.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Residue
Korthos Resident

down trodden, with the
rest of you refuse

Reply #34 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
We had a very good year.

He could have very well meant monetarily.  It's a business, and at the end of the day, the numbers are all that matter.  Now some die hard geeky pointed head players may not like the game the way it is now, but it is what it is.

Hi, welcome.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 1:35pm:

Ding!
Hardcore jaded don't make the bills get paid. Sad, but true. And yeah, Enhancements I think was a win, TR for the most part too. Shadowfell is what it is. I think it's biggest failing is it didn't understand where the players are at. I see the same thing throughout all of MMO land. We live in a place of 'retention or acquisition'. It takes discipline and no small amount of courage to stay the course on one of those tracks. Sometimes we haven't had that conviction sadly. Hopefully those days are done. I can hope anyway.
Endgame--it's coming. we know.
Money grabs--here is my take on it. F2P is very unfortunately named. It is more like F2 Try, or F2 browse...or something. Sadly, any game moving away from the subscription model is going to have it. If you don't like it, don't use it. People seem to like the clicking though...and yes, even one who is in this industry can get sucked in to those 'traps'. Damn you Little Death Star...damn you to hell. I know those games suck, but they have their place...during an average shit anyway.
Loot-we know. Working on it.
Network stuff- We know...and it sucks for us too.

Anyway Merry Christmas and stuff.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #36 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 25th, 2013 at 1:45pm:
Ding!
Hardcore jaded don't make the bills get paid. Sad, but true. And yeah, Enhancements I think was a win, TR for the most part too. Shadowfell is what it is. I think it's biggest failing is it didn't understand where the players are at. I see the same thing throughout all of MMO land. We live in a place of 'retention or acquisition'. It takes discipline and no small amount of courage to stay the course on one of those tracks. Sometimes we haven't had that conviction sadly. Hopefully those days are done. I can hope anyway.
Money grabs--here is my take on it. F2P is very unfortunately named. It is more like F2 Try, or F2 browse...or something. Sadly, any game moving away from the subscription model is going to have it. If you don't like it, don't use it. People seem to like the clicking though...and yes, even one who is in this industry can get sucked in to those 'traps'. Damn you Little Death Star...damn you to hell. I know those games suck, but they have their place...during an average shit anyway.

Merry christmas mal, hope you are having a great day Smiley

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #37 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Ding!

Thanks for stopping by.  It's always good to see your posts here.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
thanks maj your willingness to talk with us and share your insight is very appreciated.

happy holidays.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #39 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Nice doom.
None of it at all accurate, but nice doom. We had a very good year.
Recent communication is because of leadership change, nothing to do with WB.

Hi MajMal,
We've heard Producer Rowan's version of why he believes it to be a good year - how about your reasons for believing it to be good year?
Maybe it has nothing to do with content - perhaps it is cultural change?
Plenty of points have been made against - here's an opportunity for you to make counter points without draconian moderation interfering.
Don't hold back, most of us can take it.  Smiley

IP Logged

DaveTeMage
Korthos Resident

Reply #40 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
NWe had a very good year.

Wow if you believe that I have some timeshares you would be an idiot to pass up.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
I know those games suck, but they have their place...during an average shit anyway.

LMAO, you just compared ddo to taking an average shit.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #42 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 26th, 2013 at 6:58pm:

That's mostly when I use this forum.  during an average shit.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #43 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Ding!
We live in a place of 'retention or acquisition'. It takes discipline and no small amount of courage to stay the course on one of those tracks. Sometimes we haven't had that conviction sadly.

Thanks for the updates, gratz on a bonus that made your work year a good one.
I'm glad to hear that financials are solid, gives me hope that DDO gets another year.

So what is the course now with the changing of the guard? Sounding like retention from the Producer letter?

I have no complaints with DDO's F2P model. More focus on cosmetics and conveniences is the way to go.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #44 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Nice doom.
None of it at all accurate, but nice doom. We had a very good year.
Recent communication is because of leadership change, nothing to do with WB.

I still enjoy playing DDO.  The problem is that the reasons I enjoy playing the game are, for the most part, because of things you did before this year. 

I enjoy TRing (heroic version).  I enjoy running Raids and Epic raids (not named CITW).  I enjoy getting loot with a moderate level of grind.  I enjoy STK, Tangelroot, Deleras, Tear, Gwylans, VoNs, Desert, GH, Vale, Amrath, Necro IV, Epic GH, The High Road, Sschindlryn, and The Kings Forest. 

The only two things that added to my enjoyment of DDO this year were: FoT (I like this raid and epic GH quests in general) and the enhancement pass (after getting used to it, I actually like the new options and the customizability.  It could DEFINITELY use some modifications and additions, but as a core system, I like it).

Stormhorns didn't suck, but I can't go so far as to add it to my list of likes.

Things you did that I didn't like:
Epic GH Loot - WAAAAAY to easy to get.
Level Cap Raise to 28.
Iconics
Wheloon
Epic TR
Level Cap Raise to 28 (Did I list that twice?  Must be a mistake.  No, wait.  It's not.  I really hate it when you guys raise the level cap too fast without raids and content to support.  Nothing kills end game faster).

So, yes, I am still here and still playing and I still love the game and still supporting it financially, but not because of what you guys did this year so much.  More despite it.

What you guys really need to do is give us some content to support level 28 cap (with raids!) and lower the number of CoV needed (or up the earn rate/options) and fix the loot grind level to balance things out.

Make that you goals for 2014.   

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #45 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I like that you guys did what you did and it made me realize that I only have the time to play one character. All of my other toons are retired. I only play my monk. I finished all of my iconic trs and am working on my epic. Soon I will be done then I can take a leave of absence - because there is no longer any gear for me to farm in that game - I already have my perfect little setup.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 27th, 2013 at 3:17am:
I like that you guys did what you did and it made me realize that I only have the time to play one character. All of my other toons are retired. I only play my monk. I finished all of my iconic trs and am working on my epic. Soon I will be done then I can take a leave of absence - because there is no longer any gear for me to farm in that game - I already have my perfect little setup.

Time to let FOS loose on your gear?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #47 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 8:21am:

You know they will create reasons for us to go on.
Such as level cap increase to 30, new raids, new gear, etc.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Dec 27th, 2013 at 5:11am:
You know they will create reasons for us to go on.
Such as level cap increase to 30, new raids, new gear, etc

"They will create reasons for us to go on" to some other game or pastime. There I corrected your sentence for you, since that has been the results for many players when the cap with MOTU.

There hasn't been anything to realistically support Epic levels in the game. There is no character building via leveling past level 20. Besides more HP, SP, saves and UMD, the Epic commoner levels don't give much worthwhile to players, except maybe more BAB for non-warrior classes. So players are strictly dependent on Epic Destinies and gear for advance characters since there will be a 10 level cap next year between the actual character's build and the levels for quests. Epic Destinies have been narrowed to a handful of decent ones and the rest are weak. The Epic gear got trashed and the few decent pieces of Epic gear means that everyone is using the same gear. Forcing players to stick to a particular ED or gear to increase DCs, damage, etc just means more cookiecutter builds and gear layouts. And more 6 levels of Monk tacked onto a huge chunk of builds.

IMHO, MOTU's cap increase was the start of bad decisions for the game. I think it did more to drive people from the game any anything else. Since then, almost every decision has been ball trippingly bad. Why ball trippingly? Because the guy who pushed out Shadowfail as an expansion instead of a regular pack while at the same time attempted to destroy the worth of the stupidly-priced-but-heavily-neglected Vaults of the Artificers must have testicles so huge that his scrotum must scrap both walls in the hallway when he walk down it.

So yes, they very well may be creating reasons for players to go on to something else.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 26th, 2013 at 6:58pm:

No I compared the like of Little Death Star and Clash of Clans to an average shit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint