Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Did WB tell Turbine something??? (Read 17114 times)
DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Did WB tell Turbine something???
Reply #50 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I didn't like most of 2013's stuff, but I didn't dislike it either, really.

Enhancements - I left when the enhancement pass was on Lammania. Everything cost too much and I didn't think they'd change the pricing of enhancements, so I left. I came back, and I was wrong. They had changed it. I'm fine with the enhancement pass. Is it better? I don't know, but it's doable.

Shadowfail - This was an awful update. Especially wheloon. And I run EE wheloon, and stormhorns. Stormhorns has the worst stat inflation ever, but at least the quests are fun. Wheloon? Ugh. They're all awful, and the quadruple spawning in the slayer area is idiotic. I NEVER LAG, yet I lag constantly in the slayer and in the quests. These quests need to be nuked from orbit. Why the hell does a starving prisoner have 250,000 hp on EE? Start using logical enemies in your epic quests.

Etr - Leave the double comms as they are. I now get enough just levelling to buy a heart. If you do this, my major problem with the system is quelled. The only other thing I'll say is this: Everything an arcane wants is, rightfully, in their sphere.
On my melee? I need martial for double strike, primal for colors, and divine for PRR + Saves. All of these are awesome for melee, but it involves me running around in the worst friggin destiny ever for one (Divine Unyielding) and a destiny I don't prefer (Martial Dreanaught) as opposed to fury. I'd prefer the karma requirement to be cut in half so I can at least spend half my life in a destiny I like. So overall, I wish ETR was tweaked, but I don't hate the system itself. It's sure as hell better than the original mess they had with it bumping you 38 and then um... skipping some AP and lower levels... that was a mess.

EGH - A. Could be an A plus if you fixed the double damage from TOR giants Epic Elite. I don't like madstone on EE either, those skellies have too many hp, so I end up using my VIP skip on Madstone (Even over crucible).

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:09am:
No I compared the like of Little Death Star and Clash of Clans to an average shit.

I reread your post and seen you mention LDS but no mention of Clans, just previous mention of how ddo was going towards that model. You then went on to compare "those" to an average shit.

Anyways, I understand what you were trying to say now, but I sure laughed when I first read it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #52 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Dec 27th, 2013 at 6:51am:
"They will create reasons for us to go on" to some other game or pastime.

LOL, yeah. They had a profitable year, but at the expense of the future years they could have had. Like the lottery winners who take the payout in a lump sum and get half what they would have gotten if they had taken it over time Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #53 - Dec 28th, 2013 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Lump sum over annual payments every time

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:24am:
i'm not sure I think F2P was ever good for this game.

F2P basis was not the issue with DDO.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
I've definitely felt the decline in DDO lately.  On the whole, I like the Enhancement Pass.  It was a nice change, and the UI desperately needed modernising. 

More or less everything else though, I could live without.  Haven't enjoyed any of the new quests they've put out.  The Stormhorns is a beautiful explorer, but it's not something I want to have to trek in order to get to a quest.

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Dec 30th, 2013 at 9:18am:
I've definitely felt the decline in DDO lately.  On the whole, I like the Enhancement Pass.  It was a nice change, and the UI desperately needed modernising. 

More or less everything else though, I could live without.  Haven't enjoyed any of the new quests they've put out.  The Stormhorns is a beautiful explorer, but it's not something I want to have to trek in order to get to a quest.

None of the quests take long to get to once you find the camps. Which you have to do once per life. It's not fun, I agree, but do it once before you run the chain. The whole chain, even on EE, takes under an hour minus WGU. That one alone takes almost that long on EE, which does suck.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #57 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I don't play that crap anymore. Will login when theres a new exploit. PM me (and EPOCH, as usual) with the new goodies.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #58 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Dec 30th, 2013 at 9:18am:
I've definitely felt the decline in DDO lately.  On the whole, I like the Enhancement Pass.  It was a nice change, and the UI desperately needed modernizing. 

Agreed here.

I also like FoS' Augment System. It could really use a bunch of new augments though. Hopefully they will expand the kinds of things you can add, especially to weapons.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Dec 30th, 2013 at 11:48pm:
I don't play that crap anymore. Will login when theres a new exploit.

Really? Seriously? Going to wait for yet another exploit? As it stands today in DDO, there is an exploit to dupe xp and one for items. There are also exploits to give you practically infinite offence and defence. I am not sure any game company has ever let so many exploits run so rampant for so long.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #60 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 31st, 2013 at 5:16pm:
There are also exploits to give you practically infinite offence and defence.

Shr plz.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 31st, 2013 at 5:16pm:
Really? Seriously? Going to wait for yet another exploit? As it stands today in DDO, there is an exploit to dupe xp and one for items. There are also exploits to give you practically infinite offence and defence. I am not sure any game company has ever let so many exploits run so rampant for so long.

PM plstyvm

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Jan 9th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Dec 21st, 2013 at 8:45pm:
The second one was ok. The first one, however, hoo boy.  Roll Eyes

[imagineblinkhere]*Dah' modahhhhrr!*[/blink] 

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #63 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
I just started playing again now after 9 weeks. Its the same crap, so it wont last long. And what brought me back from World of Tanks/real life was 3 people I used to run with for 3 years calling me from halfway across the world to come and play again.

MajMal - Its still a great product, for what it is. Its the public relations, in game GM, forum mods that IMO fucked the rest of it over. Time for some new people/fresh faces with a new perspective in that department.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #64 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:47am:
You make the mistake of thinking WB gives even one single fuck about DDO.

You make the mistake of thinking of WB as one entity with one mind. 

WB is a company of around 10,000 people.  A few of whom give a fuck about DDO.  There is a junior assistant VP somewhere right above Turbine's exec staff who cares about the revenue Turbine generates and where it comes from, and maybe a few more piss-ant middle managers as well.  Mostly because their personal bonuses are based on it, amongst other things. 

Do the shareholders give one fuck?  No.

Does the board?  No.

Does the CEO or anyone in senior management? No.

But, honestly, in a company that size, the overwhelming majority of decisions about products and services are made at a level below senior management.  The decision to discontinue of DDO as a product probably wouldn't even raise to an AVP level.  The decision to invest more in it, likewise, doesn't rest there.  Whoever is making those decisions, though, does give a fuck.  Because it's their small little kingdom in the empire.  And they only raise up the chain of command if their kingdom outperforms the other kingdoms. 

Oddly, the guys who care now are probably completely different from the M&A guys who made the decision to buy Turbine in the first place.  That decision was made without consideration for DDO as a revenue stream, most likely.  So, even the guys who made the buy decision probably didn't give one fuck about DDO.  But, they are on to the next acquisition project.  Operations are not their concern.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint