Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Comm Farming (Read 5590 times)
Klozzer
Waterworks Kobold

OMGZ! Time!

Comm Farming
Jan 3rd, 2014 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Currently this seems slow and burdensome.  Maybe I am doing it incorrectly.  Anyone have a fast way to do it or is just a grind to everyone that does not have a bunch socked away?

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Re: Comm Farming
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
WAI

Undecided

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
If it weren't annoyingly tedious, then we wouldn't be driven to buy them in the store.  Which is pretty much the whole point.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Welcome to the world of micro-transactions.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 8:00am
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 7:13am:
Welcome to the world of micro-transactions.

I wouldn't call 1300/1500 TP micro thats 7-13€ depending on what point pack you bought, mirco is  <2€

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Yeah, doesn't look like there's much of a way to 'boost' your comm farm.  Just look at a long slog ahead of you, I guess.

This is why I'm not holding out hope of getting an Epic TR going in a long while XD.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Make it the Zonnixx way: 6x boxing.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Quote:

Then finding a tons of exploits and getting named loot and selling it for real money and then making a bunch of money then being banned?

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:

That worked until they disabled guild chests. Theoretically there's the mail exploit I guess.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:46am:
That worked until they disabled guild chests. Theoretically there's the mail exploit I guess.

Meh, forgot that.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
The price they're asking for equivalent TP to buy an epic/iconic heart takes the piss. On a brighter note, I've managed to spend no time or money on DDO in about 2 months now, bar logging in for free daily roll and logging out again.
If the hearts were 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost in store, and at least 1/2 cost in Commendations of Gullibility, I might have considered it, but not any more.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Remember the Yellow Dopant, or how they managed to fuck up a good idea by trying to monetize it for a ludicrous price.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #12 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
What i've found is the higher end quests on ee with a good party can be ground out quickly gianthold,wheloon and stormhorn quests. if your ransacked dont run it.toonswap and turn leftover comms into heartseeds and they are bta easy way to move and messing with the shared bank exploit. takes me about 4-5 days of grinding at prolly 7-8 hours a nite.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Just dupe them.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #14 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
exploytoften wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 4:19pm:
What i've found is the higher end quests on ee with a good party can be ground out quickly gianthold,wheloon and stormhorn quests. if your ransacked dont run it.toonswap and turn leftover comms into heartseeds and they are bta easy way to move and messing with the shared bank exploit. takes me about 4-5 days of grinding at prolly 7-8 hours a nite.

What confuses me about this is, if you can do it without the Epic Tr, why grind to get it?

I am not a great player by any means, but most of my EE runs are either duoed for the favour with my running partner, on a first life FvS, usually off destiny, but in fairness often in a destiny with more HP / PRR / summat, or I have stupidly agreed to hjeal puggles while shitfaced, with occasional hilarity, but more often than not a smoothish run.

I just dont get why you would want or need them, the sad thing is the bar is set so high for a casual player I would never bother to experiment. I might save them all up and Epic TR my Soul when I have run out of stuff to do, but honestly it is a system I am basically just ignoring right now....

IP Logged

Residue
Korthos Resident

down trodden, with the
rest of you refuse

Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Well, if nobody were to buy them in the store, and if nobody were to epic TR at all, they would have to lower both the price and that ridiculous 4200 requirement amount.

Unfortunately, there are too many idiots who epic TR anyway, and so this ruins things for the rest of the masses.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 5:48pm:
Just dupe them.

Pm pls. I will repay you in buttocks.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #17 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Ive figured out a couple ways...what you wanna do is get some soloable toons in epic levels and run quests quickly on ee. 
What Ive been doing is running ee impossible demands (the starting room way), ee blades, ee deal and the demon, and ee trial by fury.  you can do all of these in about 40mins depending on your DPS.  Some people also enjoy running on EE graves, ee vulkoor, and ee fathom but I find it negligable since I can just swap to another toon and do the same thing over and over again till i puke :3 

Get 5 toons that can do the first list and do it each day then run it every 18 hours.  Youll get 145 CoVs per toon every 18 hours.  and 145x5= 725  4200/725 rounds out to be 6 days for an epic heart of wood.  IF you want to get them fast either make more toons and increase your daily rounds or run more content that takes longer.  Id rather just make more toons and run more of the same content I run everyday to keep efficiency high, but most people like running different stuff everyday (slower CoVs per hour though which I find really distasteful).

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Grumlee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 5:48pm:
Just dupe them.

please share.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 11:15am
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Jan 5th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
Ive figured out a couple ways...what you wanna do is get some soloable toons in epic levels and run quests quickly on ee. 
What Ive been doing is running ee impossible demands (the starting room way), ee blades, ee deal and the demon, and ee trial by fury.  you can do all of these in about 40mins depending on your DPS.  Some people also enjoy running on EE graves, ee vulkoor, and ee fathom but I find it negligable since I can just swap to another toon and do the same thing over and over again till i puke :3 

Get 5 toons that can do the first list and do it each day then run it every 18 hours.  Youll get 145 CoVs per toon every 18 hours.  and 145x5= 725  4200/725 rounds out to be 6 days for an epic heart of wood.  IF you want to get them fast either make more toons and increase your daily rounds or run more content that takes longer.  Id rather just make more toons and run more of the same content I run everyday to keep efficiency high, but most people like running different stuff everyday (slower CoVs per hour though which I find really distasteful).

That sounds an awful lot like actual work.

Somebody PM me on how to dupe.

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Be a decent game cheating person and share with me how to dupe them, please.

Farming them is such a pain in the ass....

IP Logged

Klozzer
Waterworks Kobold

OMGZ! Time!

Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
So far I only see a monster time sink.  I was hoping there was a way of earning them that I had not thought of.... it seems it is 3 hours and 20 mins of farming a day for 6 days = 20 hrs.. and that is not time for anything else does not seem fun. So just to do the epic or iconic TRs = 48 Farms of 20 hours each to max out your TRs 960 hours and that is only for 1 char  Undecided Not including the level up from 20-28 or 15-28. Now I am not sure if anyone ever would do 3xcompletionist/max etr/max itr... but seems like a ton of farming besides playing to do it without any *extra help.   Angry

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Are you guys serious about being able to dupe em? Sarcasm doesn't translate over the net that well.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Wouldn't it be faster/easier to farm favor for TPs to buy the Hearts? Or dupe the TPs? PM Epoch for TP duping details.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
itsmineisawitfirst wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 12:24pm:
Are you guys serious about being able to dupe em? Sarcasm doesn't translate over the net that well.

Check the fire caves.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint