Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 21 eVon3 XP Nerf (Read 25776 times)
HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Update 21 eVon3 XP Nerf
Reply #75 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 9th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
Eh, even at 20% less, the xp/min won't be bad.

130k for 10 minutes work. They could halve the XP and it is still 3 or 4 times as good as pretty much any of the content released in the last 18 months.

My hope is that it gets no more than halved, while all the "new" content is at least doubled. Some should be tripled - especially when you factor in the 5 or 10 minutes of running just to get to the dungeons.

Speaking of... teleporters. They should have them for all dungeons in explorer zones. Once you done the dungeon done once, or got the nearest explore, the teleporter should become available. And land you right next to the dungeon.

What kind of idiot designs a game where the 5 year old stuff is far superior to the brand new stuff? It just shows how completely and utterly clueless they are.

IP Logged

Klozzer
Waterworks Kobold

OMGZ! Time!

Reply #76 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I am on the thought that 50% would still be okay, but as always I believe the will F this up beyond all get out and prolly make it a 25k run.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #77 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Jan 9th, 2014 at 2:27pm:
thats what i keep telling ppl. wiz king gives great exp, chains of flame will b boosted, they can farm von5 without doing von6... but it must be von3 and only von3. cuz ppl play only 20 min per day doing 2x von3 and thats it? -.-

I dont mind the changes that they r adding, i like that they r boosting quest xp in eveningstar, these quests give more comms anyway.

You're assuming they won't lower the xp of wiz king or other quests.  the announcement implied they might change other xp amounts not specifically listed in that post.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Klozzer wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 8:15pm:
I am on the thought that 50% would still be okay, but as always I believe the will F this up beyond all get out and prolly make it a 25k run.

There is no doubt at least 2 issues will arise from every 1 thing they introduce.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 8:22pm:
You're assuming they won't lower the xp of wiz king or other quests.  the announcement implied they might change other xp amounts not specifically listed in that post.

Back in October, there was more than just implying that there would be more quests with XP reductions. There was a statement that future quests would be reduced in the future. The four quests that some assholes kept throwing under the bus were Von3, WizKing, ShadowCrypt and Litany. Don't be surprised if all of those suddenly get nerfed because a bunch of assholes already greenlit them for the fucktards.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:13pm by Barkabout »  

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 3:49am
Print Post  
I must say, I am looking forward to this change. I hope they fuck it up somehow and will get my esos shard in evon3 chest in the next update.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #81 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:02am
Print Post  

That's for the next round...

They tweaked XP in the last patch for a few quests, they are going to tweak it in this one for some more ( including VON3 )...

Expect them to look at where we go and nerf things to try to force us to go where we don't want.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:21am
Print Post  

Well... what about the normal player that needs a ton of time to do wiz king, because of getting lost and so on? I know I did as I was beginning with the game.
Same with chains of flame. Normal guy needs 30 minutes, older player like 5 minutes.
They could nerf everything if they begin with that idiocy.

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well... what about the normal player that needs a ton of time to do wiz king, because of getting lost and so on? I know I did as I was beginning with the game.
Same with chains of flame. Normal guy needs 30 minutes, older player like 5 minutes.
They could nerf everything if they begin with that idiocy.

you got some point, my first shadow crypt took more than 2 hours Cheesy

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #84 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Proudexploiter wrote on Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:56am:

Most horrible experiences: The Pit and Proof is in the Poison (4 hours for Proof, with pauses, regrouping and so on...)

Since "The Pit", two friends of mine do not play together anymore (I have to add, they weren´t very close friends anyway from the beginning)
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2014 at 5:39am by »  

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
Most horrible experiences: The Pit and Proof is in the Poison (4 hours for Proof, with pauses, regrouping and so on...)

Since "The Pit", two friends of mine do not play together anymore (I have to add, they weren´t very close friends anyway from the beginning)

when istart ddo i hated those quets, now im solo pit 20 min evry life;P proof poison takes 10 min;P

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #86 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  

So did mine. 3 hours in Wiz King and I think I must have asked every friend of mine for some bit of advice.
2 or 3 hours in Genesis.
You learn that shit and get better.
Then you can do stuff drunk or baked at 3 am while eating and watching football.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #87 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Kinda annoyed me last nigh that EE VON3 paid more XP than the whole EE High Road chain.  it's just fucking stupid.

Of course Turbine's solution is to nerf VON3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #88 - Jan 14th, 2014 at 1:35pm
Print Post  

Maybe I should start with my 194 Minute Long VON3 ( yes the one they are nerfing XP on )

Ok, I was a LVL 5 Cleric in a LVL 5/6 party, when it was actually worth something to challenge quest difficulties.
Ok, I don't remember the death count ( high, just the beholders took us half an hour and required many runs to the shrine to raise the deads. ) but the fun factor was awesome.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #89 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Shitty quests are shitty quests.  No amount of XP buffing is going to make me enjoy them.  No amount of XP nerfing of other quests is going to get me to enjoy the shitty quests.  If it gets to the point where I absolutely have to run quests I don't enjoy in order to progress, then guess what - the "game" just became work, and I'm gone.  They're already inching towards that with every "improvement" they make...  I guess I'm not their ideal customer (which appears to be the "M" in an S&M setup).

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #90 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Von5 is the new Von3, 100k per run

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #91 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 1:37pm:

No.

What time is it?

Are you out of options?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #92 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 14th, 2014 at 1:35pm:
Ok, I was a LVL 5 Cleric in a LVL 5/6 party,

This was the my first Von3 run.  I was a level 6 cleric being dragged through by a higher group on Elite.  I died 0 times, they died combined total of 71 times among 5 people.  They were doing the 'we'll run back to you for heals' thing.  It was horrible.  I quit DDO the first time shortly there after.

IP Logged

ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
I am sad to see the game get renamed from "The Jungle of DDO"

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 1:37pm:

In a good group maybe its as good as VoN 3. Otherwise it is 30 minutes hard work in a pug full of pikers.

There are plenty of quests which give 3k XP/min.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 14th, 2014 at 4:02am:
That's for the next round...

They tweaked XP in the last patch for a few quests, they are going to tweak it in this one for some more ( including VON3 )...

Expect them to look at where we go and nerf things to try to force us to go where we don't want.

I agree with you and honest question....why are they doing this shit......the key i would think is that we are playing why must they force us to run things we do not want to ...that just drives us away.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #96 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 3:56am
Print Post  
They're nerfing it be ause they think we only run von 3 for the xp, and that by boosting the other quests "substantially" we'll accept the nerf and appreciate the new xp options that have become more viable.

Their xp boosts arent significant enough for us to appreciate them, but I understand their thought process.

Also, not like it really matters, grinding von 3 is now more com effective.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #97 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
This was the my first Von3 run.  I was a level 6 cleric being dragged through by a higher group on Elite.  I died 0 times, they died combined total of 71 times among 5 people.  They were doing the 'we'll run back to you for heals' thing.  It was horrible.  I quit DDO the first time shortly there after.

I found it fun, but it wasn't my first VON3 run, and I was with great peoples, our death toll was higher than that IIRC, but everybody was laughing and having fun ( me included, as I was watching them die here and there for no obvious reason in some case [ or for stupid reasons like forgetting the FF item in the big jump and hitting the ground instead of the water ]. )

Also it was actually challenging, a party of LVL 5/6 in VON3 had to be careful if they wanted to avoid a wipe.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #98 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I remember the first time I got to the int runes, nobody in the party could use them Sad

Only took around an hour to get there too, was a really good run.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #99 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I used to love Von3 when it was a challenge.  Having the cleric stay back so they don't get killed and be your res-bitch was always a lame tactic, I thought, but it got weak groups through. 

I remember the days of needing someone who could at least scroll raise dead.  Or relying on Undying Call.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint