Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) A new era for LAMA land. (Read 13245 times)
pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: A new era for LAMA land.
Reply #25 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
They are already fucking up by only letting the VIP people try the new content. It is great and all for vip players for some random new dungeons, but as soon as they release a raid to test its gonna be like 9 vip folks as fucking usual on Lamaland!. Fuck, they never learn! We been through all this shit before. They need to make it for everyone. A call to arms to test new shit. No discriminating. 

History repeats itself again and again with this fucking company. This is gonna be huge setback for testing real content if they keep the vip bullshit on lama.

They release some new stuff, have some events and everyone gets excited the first day or two and logs on... After that it is just a ghost town. Gotta drop the vip only for this to work.

It is almost like they are so afraid premiums will see the  new content before its released and not bother buying it do to whatever reason. That is the only thing i can figure.

Either way it is already off on the wrong foot as usual.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
It's nothing personal.
They have nothing against premiums/FTP, but they are desperate to try and differentiate the VIP package so that (a) they retain what they have; and (b) get new VIP's.
They had the VIP promotion in Dec, so they want to keep all the temp VIP's they got.

Regarding access - it does say, initially it will be VIP and then open to all, so calm down a little - we'll get our chance.
If Lamaland is ghost town, it will get opened to all sooner.  let's wait and see on that one.  Smiley

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 21st, 2014 at 8:46pm:
and Maj's comments are that internally Turbine thought they had a fabulous year in 2013 - so hardly negativity.

Just wanted to point out that the majority of man hours in 2013 were probably spent on IC. Lotro would be next, followed by ddo then ac(in maint mode).

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #28 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:36pm:
Just wanted to point out that the majority of man hours in 2013 were probably spent on IC. Lotro would be next, followed by ddo then ac(in maint mode).

Yeah, agree.
But Maj made some comments about DDO team getting bonuses.  Assume the respective Dev teams might get a Turbine overall component, but also a product related bonus as well.  So the DDO team are probably patting themselves on the back.  Smiley

Maybe we could set more relevant KPI's for them?  Might be a bit more immediate than profitability, which can be a lag indicator in a fast moving sector like this.

They seriously need to get their Customer Service sorted.
People can tolerate bugs for a bit, but not when the CS are clueless and unwilling to help.
The Turbine bug reporting tools are a joke (I guess the intern that wrote them never came back), and the overall quality of the GM's suck (some individuals are good) and they need to empower and enforce their GM's to actually fix problems and not close the fucking tickets without interacting with the client!  There must be a friggin ticket closing trophy in the DDO CS team.

IP Logged

Jasongnc
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Haunted Halls is to be a 1.5 hour quest?  Hope its actually several quests that add up to that, or it will get run as often as the Pit.

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:46am
Print Post  
WGU without good group is long quest too. At least it feels so Smiley

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Funny we do nothing for VIPs people bitch. We give them some stuff...people bitch.

It's a week. Deal.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #32 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:53am:
Funny we do nothing for VIPs people bitch. We give them some stuff...people bitch.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing, reading the motherforums threads.

"VIPs don't get enuff stuffz, I'ma not be VIP NO MO."
"What? VIP only!  GRARGH!"

It seems to be the same people, too.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 1:16pm
Print Post  

Welcome to every fan base ever.  it's when they stop bitching that you need to worry.  then they just don't give a shit.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  

True story.  Reality is, they like to bitch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Jasongnc wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 10:15am:
Haunted Halls is to be a 1.5 hour quest?  Hope its actually several quests that add up to that, or it will get run as often as the Pit.

One of the great things about DDO is that most quests are 30 minutes or less.  I would much rather see long quests broken up into 30 minute or less chunks and have a chain. 

Raids can be a bit longer, but even then, 45 min is max (except on epic elite.  people are ok with spending more time on an EE run)

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #36 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  

It's a week. Deal.

It won't make a difference but: I am not VIP and I am perfectly fine with their early access.

On a related note, I've gotten into pointed disagreements with Chai on the motherforum over his denigration of the "pay to win" concept. Turbines gotta pay the bills. If the product is good enough, I'll do my share and contribute to the upkeep/development by buying items I feel are worth it. 

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #37 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:49pm:
The Turbine bug reporting tools are a joke (I guess the intern that wrote them never came back)

From the in-game bug reporting tool:
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time the in-game bug reporting tool is down." 

It's hard to even feign an interest in fixing bugs when things like that are left permanently.  I doubt the Llama-land changes will result in less broken shit going live because the problem has never been that Turbine isn't aware of all the problems...

*Read by QA, ignored by all of Turbine?*

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
just use

http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic&deptID=...

it sucks that it is broken in game but you can still report them.

I am not saying that they will be addressed mind you just that you can still report them

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #39 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
arko wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 3:18pm:
just use

http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic&deptID=...

it sucks that it is broken in game but you can still report them.

I am not saying that they will be addressed mind you just that you can still report them

Yea, most people aren't going to go to that much trouble to try to help them make their game better.  If turbine cared, they would fix the in-game one.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Robairee wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 4:17pm:
Yea, most people aren't going to go to that much trouble to try to help them make their game better.  If turbine cared, they would fix the in-game one.

It would be a pretty good first step to convincing us that they acknowledge the bugs we find.

I know someone who has submitted hundreds of bug reports over the years. I dont know why he bothers. They never get looked at.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:31pm
Print Post  

It's a week. Deal.

I think your missing the point. People are upset that many folks that would be willing to test out stuff for turbine cannot do so for the first week. Lamma has always been dead after a few days, so waiting a week to allow all players means nobody will bother.

Please change your policy and let all players test. This is not a VIP perk and should never have been implemented. Give VIP's the advance access of new content on live servers not on a fucking test platform. for christ's sake man.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #42 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:48pm
Print Post  

It's a week. Deal.

I am cool with that, Maj, but can you pretty please make sure the Lama store kobolds remember to add in whatever the heck we need to buy to see the stuff? That hasn't always happened and it gets a little old.

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:31pm:
I think your missing the point. People are upset that many folks that would be willing to test out stuff for turbine cannot do so for the first week. Lamma has always been dead after a few days, so waiting a week to allow all players means nobody will bother.

Please change your policy and let all players test. This is not a VIP perk and should never have been implemented. Give VIP's the advance access of new content on live servers not on a fucking test platform. for christ's sake man.

I would expect the content to be on there a lot longer than you are used to.So a week will not mean much in the long run.
And VIP's used to get access for a week on live before premiums and f2p but that died out pretty quick because it delayed sales.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:51pm by arko »  

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
if they are showing really very early stages of development... I think most companies would start with a smaller portion of players who are allowed to test and give first feedback before more players can check it out.
Makes it a bit easier to notice the real big problems/bugs. If there are many players testing something there are also many who just start some forum rage threads without any valuable feedback.

So the VIP only feature is just an easy solution for showing new stuff to a smaller player base first.

And really... who cares? The stuff is in early stage... won't change much if you test it one week earlier or later.

And since most players won't be able to log in until it's open for everyone there should be enough active players on lama as soon as it's open to everyone. ^^
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2014 at 9:07pm by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #45 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There will be some growing pains—Developers –and QA can be a superstitious lot—but over the past 6 months we have become more comfortable talking about things publicly and earlier than ever before. It has been kind of awesome.

Then they need to seek out Rodrak, apologize for banning him and plead with him to come back so he can tell them what's wrong with so many loot-oriented bugs.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:46pm by Bill Z Bubb »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #46 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 10:56pm:
Then they need to seek out Rodrik, apologize for banning him and plead with him to come back so he can tell them what's wrong with so many loot-oriented bugs.

He wasn't actually banned, at least not permanently. You can still send him PMs, add him to your Friends List/Contacts, or whatever that list is called now, etc. You cannot do these things to people who were actually permabanned from the DDO Forums.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:26pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #47 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:25pm:
He wasn't actually banned, at least not permanently.

That'd be news to him:

Rodrak wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 8:48pm:
A couple of days ago I got tired of "yet another broken abbot loot thread" and decided to help turbine fix it. I posted some info here: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4302375&postcount=28. Turbine finally acknowledged the problem and seems it's going to get fixed in the next lama release. As a reward I got permabanned

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #48 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
And to follow up just because I'm bored, I found Turbine's response to his query as to why he was banned:

Quote:
Rodrak wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:51pm:
After reviewing your account in detail, we see that it was banned due to a violation of the Terms of Service and repeated violations of the Forums Community Guidelines.
The Terms of Services violation that occurred was under the line of 'Limited License' that states:
" You may not copy, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game Client or any portion thereof..."
The Forums Community Guideline that was broken specifically states:
"20. You may not post, repost, or link to any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to spoilers, screen shots, and videos."
Please note that this violation of disclosing materials and information is true whether or not you are under an NDA agreement, as it is referring specifically to the materials covered by an NDA and not a specific NDA itself.
Based on the review of these violations, we have determined that this account was warranted of a permanent violation.  The only way this ban would be able to be lifted would be to prove that the information that has been posted on the forums was not obtained via a violation of the Terms of Service and that the game client was not used to obtain this information.  We would need to know the specific source and method or which this information was obtained, in which case the only violation that has occurred would be the forums violation, and the ban of the account could be potentially lifted.  Without this proof, this account will remain permanently banned.

I find the highlighted portion quite interesting and might explain how/why the perma was lifted.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #49 - Jan 23rd, 2014 at 12:28am
Print Post  
I don't know what to tell you Bill. It is currently possible to send him a PM on the DDO Forums right now. You cannot send me a PM, nor can you send anyone else who is currently banned a PM, however.

I am actually permabanned. Rodrak is not.

Try it yourself by sending him a PM. You may not get an answer especially if Rodrak is still under the mistaken belief he is permabanned. I assure you, he is not.
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2014 at 12:30am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint