Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Do people still Tabletop? (Read 564 times)
AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Do people still Tabletop?
Reply #25 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 2:05am
Print Post  
I use to own a shop and ran games 3 times a week - whatever system that would bring in the regulars. I also use to work in the industry and I have had mug shots in KODT multiple times. Last 8 months I haven't been able to do any pnp, my wife moved us literally to the middle of no where (hour drive for a supermarket or fast food joint).

I am going to be looking for a solid online tool set to start GMing again sometime after August. Real life is just crazy busy with new jobs and new training.

Miss my shop, wish I hadn't let my wife talk me into giving it up. Money wasn't great but paid the bills and I loved life.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #26 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 2:50pm:
Do people still Tabletop?
I'm curious. If so, what game(s)? How often?

Pathfinder every other Friday night, every Friday night if we can get 2 GMs going. And one-shots about every other month on a Saturday.

Our group has been running together since the early to mid 1990s, with occasional changes as people move, get married and divorced, etc.

Our current group is 11 regulars, with another 3 occasional players.

All but 2 of the 14 used to play DDO, as of this year none do. 7 of the 11 regulars are currently acive on Neverwinter, plus we have some other real life friends join us there (all of which have gamed tabletop with us) who are too far away to join the tabletop sessions, including playing from South America and Europe.

We do occasionally play other games - Shadowrun, Toon, and some of the Ken Jackson games are favorites, usually relegated to a Saturday session, though. We tried D&D 4e and hated it, we made it through a 4 month campaign but unanimously agreed not to ever play it again.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 2:05am:
I use to own a shop and ran games 3 times a week - whatever system that would bring in the regulars. I also use to work in the industry and I have had mug shots in KODT multiple times. Last 8 months I haven't been able to do any pnp, my wife moved us literally to the middle of no where (hour drive for a supermarket or fast food joint).

I am going to be looking for a solid online tool set to start GMing again sometime after August. Real life is just crazy busy with new jobs and new training.

Miss my shop, wish I hadn't let my wife talk me into giving it up. Money wasn't great but paid the bills and I loved life.

What kind of shop was it? Sorry for the question, but I love stories about shops. I would also like to have a shop.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Adventure gaming shop technically by the trade's definition. Basically card games (collectible and non), board games, role playing games, war games, dice - we did some food and drink sells as well. For awhile had a full blown kitchen. Large 100+ player MtG tournaments occasionally, at our height we had 5 private rpg rooms.

If anyone remembers the old Wargames West (look in your old Dragon magazines in the advertisement section, if you have them). I was one of the owners of its remnant from 2007 to 2011. I also use to work for Wargames West Distribution from 1994 to 2001.

Good times. I definitely miss it most days.

On a different note, anyone have a favorite online tool package they like using for GMing? I need to start checking that stuff out.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 1:26pm:
Adventure gaming shop technically by the trade's definition. Basically card games (collectible and non), board games, role playing games, war games, dice - we did some food and drink sells as well. For awhile had a full blown kitchen. Large 100+ player MtG tournaments occasionally, at our height we had 5 private rpg rooms.

If anyone remembers the old Wargames West (look in your old Dragon magazines in the advertisement section, if you have them). I was one of the owners of its remnant from 2007 to 2011. I also use to work for Wargames West Distribution from 1994 to 2001.

Good times. I definitely miss it most days.

On a different note, anyone have a favorite online tool package they like using for GMing? I need to start checking that stuff out.

Thanks for the story.

I use www.roll20.net
Sometimes it gets laggy. But it is very very easy to use.

Then, Maptools. It works very good and very fast, but it is a bit of a PITA to learn.

Both are 100% F2U (Free to Use)
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2014 at 2:02pm by »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #30 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 1:26pm:

Sounds awesome!

All the cool places like that in my area are closed now.  Sad

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  
My kids (twin 9 year old boys and a 14 year old daughter) just started playing about 5 weeks ago with me DM'ing and running a toon to round out a 4-man group. We've been following the new 5th edition Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle but with some wonderful added lore that's coming together really nicely about the opening for a god of undeath in the current pantheon.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
5th April is Tabletopday.

www.tabletopday.com

IP Logged

Onceler
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I play 3.5 with my wife and a friend weekly.  Smiley

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #34 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I was playing Pathfinder but I made my DM rage quit. So, I guess I won.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Yes

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #36 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 2:55am
Print Post  
I play Cthulu as once offs. I stopped playing tabletop a while back when I got a family and other addictions.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #37 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:52pm:
Yes

Holy random rare encounter with Eladiun Batman!

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Oh, hi Eladiun, long time no see.

I would play, but I am not a "party" person so our last dm quit. I like to go off and do my own thing because sometimes I gets stuck with people who are not on the path to power, and power is all I believe in. Give a kid a silver because he is homeless? Fuck that, I want xp and money, not to give it away. You want charity? Go to a fucking orphanage bitch.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #39 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:05am:

I would play, but I am not a "party" person so our last dm quit. I like to go off and do my own thing because sometimes I gets stuck with people who are not on the path to power, and power is all I believe in. Give a kid a silver because he is homeless? Fuck that, I want xp and money, not to give it away. You want charity? Go to a fucking orphanage bitch.

You could make the kid kill someone for the silver.

That's a two-fer.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #40 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Nope

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #41 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:05am:

Good to talk to you again as well.

This is a classic DM's dilemma so much so that the 4e DMG has a whole section on it.  Building and balancing a game that keeps multiple gamer types engaged.  I played in a bunch of encounter sessions in RI and it can be a real challenge keeping the guy who wants to talk to every NPC in line with the guy who is ready to bounce from encounter to encounter.

I fall somewhere between powergamer and roleplayer.

Since I have moved I haven't picked up a new group.  There is a hobby store close by the runs sessions and a couple of gaming cafe's I plan to check out.  I have also been looking to get on a game on Roll20.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #42 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Once a month.  4th Edition right now. Good escape from DDO.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint