Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New DDO Vault Guidelines (Read 5051 times)
eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

New DDO Vault Guidelines
Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Soon we will be revising our DDO Vault Community Guidelines to largely match a recent update to the Community Guidelines implemented by our friends at Dungeons and Dragons Online. As some folks may know, both games have shared our Community Guidelines for years, and we plan to bring this update to the Vault within the next week or so.

In general, you will find that the rules have not changed. In a few cases we have added specificity to the Community Guidelines to clarify what kinds of violations can lead to which kind of infraction. We found over on DDO that players largely preferred these new guidelines due to their increased clarity and readability, but please give us your feedback as well.

One relatively minor change (but something people who have run into this will appreciate) is that when you receive an infraction or warning under the revised rules, we will more clearly explain what the violation is, and there should no longer be instances where text is cut off.

Without further ado, here is the text:

Community Guidelines

The Vault Community Team strives to foster the community by bringing you up to date information, engaging in discussions, and providing a welcoming environment where players can share their opinions, offer suggestions, and promote their guild, server, and in-game events to each other.

We have created the following guidelines for players to use while participating on the official DDO Vault Community Site. They are by no means all inclusive. We reserve the right to take appropriate actions if we feel any post, thread, or comment is, in the sole discretion of the Vault Community team, inappropriate for our forums or sites, even if it is not specifically called out in these guidelines.

Violations of the community guidelines can lead to disciplinary action against your forum account, including but not limited to the permanent removal of your forum privileges and/or being labeled (Blacklisting). Because every situation is different, all enforcement and application of the community guidelines are at the discretion of the Vault Community Team. These rules are subject to change without notice; please review them regularly.

1. One person, One Account.
You are permitted one Community account for posting on the Community Sites for each target you choose to troll or bait. Players who are found posting from more than one account will be asked to choose an account to use for this trolling, and the other posts will all be edited to "I'm gay on the internet". Additional or secondary accounts created or used for the purpose of trolling, circumventing a ban, or otherwise violating these Community Guidelines, are still acceptable and encouraged when used appropriately.

2. Harassing, Insulting and Abusive posts.
We do not tolerate any comments that are intended to be  abusive or insulting, involve name calling, or attempt to disparage, harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players, guilds, Fansites, groups, the developers, community team, Turbine/WB employees, or other companies, but fail to deliver. Doing so is considered a serious offense and will not be tolerated. Be correct, and funny, or don't bother trying.

3. Grammar Police.
Any post or comment made with the intention of embarrassing another player based on spelling, typos, or grammatical errors is stupid. Not everyone thinks this is funny. Keep in mind that the person you are addressing may not give a fuck, heard that joke 10 years ago, or is baiting you out.

4. Calling out other players.
Calling out other players for their actions in game, or attempting to shame them for actions you deem unacceptable, is mandatory. If you feel someone has acted in a way that is inappropriate or violates your opinion, please use the ‘Create New Thread’ button or /joinchannel defense on Sarlona in game to report in-game behaviors.

5. Profanity.
The use of profanity is 50% of our content. The forums will filter in specific words like boobies and , but you are responsible for adding your own edginess and cool-factor. Please do not attempt to circumvent obscenity with creative thinking, use of valid examples or other logic.

6. Derailing/disruption of official discussion threads.
Official threads are created by the Community, Development, and other teams to gather feedback and create a focused discussion around a given topic. Attempting to derail these threads by posting unrelated comments or bringing other issues into the discussion is not permitted.

7. Fabricated and misleading information.
Deliberately posting fabricated or misleading information about another member of the community, other companies, or Turbine/WB or its employees will not be ignored. We consider this a very serious contribution, and pending true comedy, we reserve the right to archive and discuss your statements.

8. Provoking, Trolling, and “baiting.”
Threads or posts that are intended to create a strong negative or emotional reaction, provoke conflict, or are made simply for ‘shock value’ are considered trolling. Debating a topic on the merits or holding a strong opinion are acceptable, however making posts to provoke conflict or incite, bait, or mock others who disagree with you, is equally acceptable. You reserve the right to choose which role to play, and accept happily any potential consequence as a result of that freedom.

9. “Self Defense” posts.
Please respond to attempts to provoke, troll or bait you. Posts you feel violate the community guidelines should be reported using the ‘Start New Thread’ button. Responding in kind usually results in both parties becoming famous and everyone else becoming erect.

10. Spam.
Posts that contain less than 10 unique characters are considered spam. Posts that fail to relay any concept unto the reader are also unacceptable. In addition, “Cross posting” without permission, “Bumping” and “Necro posting” are considered forms of mental retardation and are not to go without insult.

11. Polls and Petitions.
While we consider this spam, we felt we should explain why. We don't give a fuck what you think.

12. Reposting and Quoting.
PLEASE re-post, quote, and screenshot any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which will be closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team, in-game impossibilities, steamy PMs, and channel based drama.

13. Discussion of Disciplinary or Moderations Actions.
We publicly discuss moderation decisions, or disciplinary actions taken against members, on the Infractions board. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. should be posted there. If you have a question about an infraction or warning, please use the search feature to see if it has been previously discussed before creating your own thread.

14. Impersonation.
Impersonating another community member, guild, famous person, or any Turbine employee is no longer funny. This is considered a very old joke and “it was funny 10 years ago”. Impersonation includes, but is not limited to, using images or signatures to suggest you are an employee or any person other than yourself. Making statements claiming you are someone other than yourself, forging, editing, or otherwise modifying posts of a moderator, Turbine employee, or forum member (i.e., “fixed that for you” style edits in quoted texts that change the wording or meaning of a post in an attempt to embarrass or misrepresent the original posters comments) is lame now matter how funny you feel you are. Non-direct allusion and implication are still acceptable.

15. Non-Disclosure Agreements.
You may PM any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement (from any source), including but not limited to spoilers, screenshots, and videos, directly to Epoch.

16. TOS, COCK, EULA.
Users should not publicly violate, or promote the violation of, Turbine’s terms of service, codes of conduct or end user license agreements. This includes, but is not limited to, the posting of materials or comments that call out possible exploits or encourage others to participate in exploiting game miscues and errors. You should PM all TOS, COCK, and EULA sensitive information to Epoch to protect yourself and your sources.

17. Copyrights.
You may not upload or transmit copyrighted material without the express consent of the copyright holder.

18. Illegal activity.
You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws, or regulations.

19. Personal information and Private conversations.
You should not post the personally identifiable information of another user, including but not limited to their real name, address, phone number, email address, or links to personal websites without the express consent of that user. You should not re-post Private Messages, emails, or other private or personal communications of others on the Community Sites without the express consent of the sender. You shouldn't smoke cigarettes either, honestly. Ugly habits.

20. Hate Speech & Groups
You may form or participate in groups whose ideology promotes intolerance directed at others based on their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle, ethnicity, etc. The posting of any comment or material that promote or exhibit intolerance are also acceptable. This is considered a freedom and will likely result in the immediate and permanent counter-response from any equally free peers who disagree.

21. Inappropriate content.
You may not use, distribute, or spotlight, or post links to sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, nationally, ethnically offensive content or language, or other content deemed inappropriate unless you include NSFW in the thread title.

22. Religion and Politics.
While we respect the right of all players to hold their own beliefs and political affiliations and opinions, we ask you not post comments or start threads of a political or religious nature in any forum aside from "Politics and Religion". These types of discussions rarely end well and are truly deserving of their own forum. Any threads or posts of this type not in the proper forum will be moved and the poster ridiculed.

23. Fuck you and Choning.
We appreciate that players have made meaningful personal connections while playing our games and we also appreciate that sometimes it’s time to say goodbye and delete your forum account. We feel that heartfelt goodbyes are best done in "The Drama Initiative." Posts of that nature typically should blame someone else for your shortcomings, reference several community members by name, and a eventual appearance from a second eye witness to contradict the claims made in the original post.

24. Inactivity.
If you go inactive, here, that means we offended you enough to stop visiting. Thank you for validating our efforts.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Re: New DDO Vault Guidelines
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:39am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:32am:
1. One person, One Account.
You are permitted one Community account for posting on the Community Sites for each target you choose to troll or bait. Players who are found posting from more than one account will be asked to choose an account to use for this trolling, and the other posts will all be edited to "huehuehue".

ftfy
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:43am
Print Post  
TL;DR

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Am I allowed to /sign this, or will that result in an infraction and removal of my post?

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:54am
Print Post  
awesome   Grin

IP Logged

Lurp
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Nice, but needs more "Fucks" in there. It was a little tame to start and I just started skimming. Some boob gifs would help too.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:39am by Lurp »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
tl;dr

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:32am:
14. Impersonation.
Impersonating another community member, guild, famous person, or any Turbine employee is no longer funny. This is considered a very old joke and “it was funny 10 years ago”. Impersonation includes, but is not limited to, using images or signatures to suggest you are an employee or any person other than yourself. Making statements claiming you are someone other than yourself, forging, editing, or otherwise modifying posts of a moderator, Turbine employee, or forum member (i.e., “fixed that for you” style edits in quoted texts that change the wording or meaning of a post in an attempt to embarrass or misrepresent the original posters comments) is lame no matter how funny you feel you are. Non-direct allusion and implication are still acceptable.

ftfy

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
TLDR

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ironwolf2
Korthos Resident

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  

Who fracken banned my original account!!!

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #11 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Rule number one: you do not talk about community guidelines

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Hey rest, why did you post a picture of turquoise deer ?

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:55pm:
Hey rest, why did you post a picture of turquoise deer ?

TeaL;DeeR

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Dullknife wrote on Feb 5th, 2014 at 4:03pm:
TeaL;DeeR

lol

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks, this is why I can't be on the Council. I don't speak internet or young people.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
TeaL;DeeR

Hmm..  Thanks.  I missed that one completely.

Edit:  Mainly because I keep needing to be reminded what color TEAL is.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2014 at 2:29pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #17 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Admittedly I only worked it out when I saw the image URL.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
TeaL;DeeR

I thought it was more brony bullshit tbh.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Edit to shorten then sticky - funny, had potential, lost the ADHD crowd.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint