Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Loot gems working properly ? (Read 2214 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

Loot gems working properly ?
Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Is it just me ( aka no statistics or anything ) but I constantly get ml 26 -27 shit from EE Wheloon, Tracker, Break in Ice with 2 gem going.
Or are Wondrous ml 28 ( +11 ) in separate or bonus table ?
My lower level friend keep pulling better loot than me, no gem or anything.

In general it almost seems I get worse shit with a loot gem despite higher reroll costs ( that would indicate higher chest level ).

Or maybe it's all in my head.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Re: Loot gems working properly ?
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Loot gems are a crapshoot, in my experience. Only ever use them to free up inv space.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
I don't know where I've gotten my loot gems from in the past (honestly, I have genuinely no idea - they just show up sometimes), but I would only bother using them on +Loot weekends.  That's why I still have them lying around.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I agree with Pope.

If I know I am not going to run a quest again, I don't get the end reward.  Such as, you know a holiday weekend is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Don't cash your end reward.

When a loot weekend happens, I also consume a gem, and the end reward loot is noticeable better.  Personally, I have always thought loot gems never worked and just the fact of the loot weekend makes them seem better.

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
I agree with Pope.

If I know I am not going to run a quest again, I don't get the end reward.  Such as, you know a holiday weekend is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Don't cash your end reward.

When a loot weekend happens, I also consume a gem, and the end reward loot is noticeable better.  Personally, I have always thought loot gems never worked and just the fact of the loot weekend makes them seem better.

Yes, that's a nice "tactic".

One strange thing that happen to me, I have some low level quest rewards pending for my future TR (space problem) and with the coming of Risia I wrote one end reward with a nice low level weapon, so go there to claim it and found that the entire list had changed, don't know if it's because I used a LR or the past two updates change that, but I go through all that rewards pending to be sure, yes, all rewards were new.

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

dfour
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
There is a post on the official forums about loot caps.

You can look at your plat/gold to determine the chest level that you received.

At least at high level loot caps at level+5 or 30 without a jewel of fortune or 31 with a jewel of fortune.

So you need to be level 26+ with a jewel of fortune to get level 31 loot.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Athanor wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
Yes, that's a nice "tactic".

One strange thing that happen to me, I have some low level quest rewards pending for my future TR (space problem) and with the coming of Risia I wrote one end reward with a nice low level weapon, so go there to claim it and found that the entire list had changed, don't know if it's because I used a LR or the past two updates change that, but I go through all that rewards pending to be sure, yes, all rewards were new.

When they restart the servers, the loot lists change.  That can be useful when you are sitting on your 20th completion and don't like anything that's on the list. 

I'll freely admit that I don't know how restart-y the "restart" has to be, so don't count on it after every patch or update.  I tend to just say fuck it and pick some crap instead of waiting, but lists absolutely can change.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
+21 loot (+11 on a single affix) is in the random loot table, but only seemingly at an extremely low %. Hard to say what chests would be good for it or whether gems help much without someone dumping the tables.

+20 loot is so extremely common because of the static drops in chain rewards. If there weren't the static +20 drops in Wheloon/Storm Horns chain reward, +20 would be pretty rare.

dfour wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:29pm:
There is a post on the official forums about loot caps.

You can look at your plat/gold to determine the chest level that you received.

At least at high level loot caps at level+5 or 30 without a jewel of fortune or 31 with a jewel of fortune.

So you need to be level 26+ with a jewel of fortune to get level 31 loot.

That was prior to the tables getting FOSed with U19. All bets are off now until the tables get dumped again.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:37pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Jewels worked before ( like many I famed EH Highroad chests with jewel or during bonus loot, or adq or chains of course  for 4 - 5 upgrades ).

At lvl 28, with 2 gem, in EEs it seems all wonky.
Or maybe those +11 stat items are in special table.
My friend at lvl 26 and no gem pulled 11 wis wizardry goggles in EE Mirror beholder chest .
Then later 11 wis accuracy neck from EE Break in Ice.
And I can be 28 with 2 gem and keep pulling 26 - 27 shit  Angry

Bah, who knows. And thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 6:30pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:04am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:39pm:
I don't know where I've gotten my loot gems from in the past (honestly, I have genuinely no idea - they just show up sometimes), but I would only bother using them on +Loot weekends.  That's why I still have them lying around.

You can get them from the daily dice rolls and also from the achievements in the monster manuals where you have to click on the accomplished achievement to get the corresponding award (some of which are jewels of fortune) transferred to you.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I believe there are other factors involved in loot rolls that are not documented or proven to exist, which have an unexpected interaction along side chest buffing or loot boosts.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

dfour
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:33pm:
+21 loot (+11 on a single affix) is in the random loot table, but only seemingly at an extremely low %. Hard to say what chests would be good for it or whether gems help much without someone dumping the tables.

+20 loot is so extremely common because of the static drops in chain rewards. If there weren't the static +20 drops in Wheloon/Storm Horns chain reward, +20 would be pretty rare.

That was prior to the tables getting FOSed with U19. All bets are off now until the tables get dumped again.

No those numbers were as of the introduction of the level 28 quest.  That is why I ditched chest blessing.  Watch your gold/plat amounts and compare different level characters with and without a chest blessed.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Those things rob me.. fuck using them..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint