Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) turbine layoffs (Read 122674 times)
BaublePouch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: turbine layoffs
Reply #25 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 2:59am
Print Post  
ooooh.  pretty blue writing.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Fellow Vaulties,

Lets wait and see what facts emerge, as I am sure they will in time.

But that said, let's not be a bunch of asshats and make light of the possible retrenchment of others.
Sure these things happen in work and life, but we don't need to stick the boot in while their down.

I'm not a fan of Turbine's professionalism, but I do not wish to see them fail or the games they run close.  My wish is to see them take pride in what they push out the door, and improve the product that we pay for.

Anyone who has been through a retrenchment knows it is unpleasant as it creates uncertainty for those people and their families.

So while this news bores and amuses some of you, let's keep this discussion above the belt on this one eh?

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #27 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 5:09am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 4:26am:
let's keep this discussion above the belt on this one eh?

I got a better idea: How about you pull your nose out of Jerry's ass and wipe the sperm of your lips?

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #28 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 5:17am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 5:09am:
I got a better idea: How about you pull your nose out of Jerry's ass and wipe the sperm of your lips?

Ass and sperm. Hmm.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 6:40am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 4:44pm:
community manager gets replaced by a low-paidl, yet-unknown peon that we shall for now label as "Flav?"

I'm too expensive. Trust me I'm way too expensive.

And You really do not want me as a Community Mangler.
I'm known for my ability to tell customers that they are idiots and to shout at them.
I'm a good technical bear to produce around in a middle manglement level circus where things gets heated because I shout louder than anybody else.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #30 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Wow what a fucking bunch of sad idiots.

You think of yourself as th avant-garde of DDO yet you are unable to part valuable info from boobie-spam.

How you want proof when you get first hand info form a whistleblower right out of the Turdbine offices????!!! You dumb motherfuckers!

The whistleblowers is choosing this forum to announce the inevitable downfall of that company, at least the imminent switch to maint mode for our game, and nobody seems to understand? Wow. Unbefuckinglievable.

I wanna thank ghostwriter for this inside snip. Mant mode is coming, but kudos to their marketing dept, all this BS about council etc. seems to distract even the critical players from the real facts.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #31 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:43am
Print Post  
And interestingly, no fucks were given about this info.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #32 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:45am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:43am:
And interestingly, no fucks were given about this info.

This is what shocks me. Could turn out to be true. Well, the message is clear: No more whistleblowers will chose this place, because this .... community ... not only looks like a bunch of immature half-wits on the surface, ir really IS.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

soloartiste
Korthos Resident

Whoa.

Reply #33 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:45am
Print Post  
1 was.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #34 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Oh predictions were in the game would die before this. No one in touch with reality could believe its going to last forever. It frustrates me no end though that the game has never been sold on its strengths.

see what happens fri I guess.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #35 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Did I yawn in this thread already?

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #36 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:59am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:45am:
This is what shocks me. Could turn out to be true. Well, the message is clear: No more whistleblowers will chose this place, because this .... community ... not only looks like a bunch of immature half-wits on the surface, ir really IS.

Lighten up Francis.

p.s. eat a bag of dicks

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:41am:
Wow what a fucking bunch of sad idiots.

You think of yourself as th avant-garde of DDO yet you are unable to part valuable info from boobie-spam.

How you want proof when you get first hand info form a whistleblower right out of the Turdbine offices????!!! You dumb motherfuckers!

The whistleblowers is choosing this forum to announce the inevitable downfall of that company, at least the imminent switch to maint mode for our game, and nobody seems to understand? Wow. Unbefuckinglievable.

I wanna thank ghostwriter for this inside snip. Mant mode is coming, but kudos to their marketing dept, all this BS about council etc. seems to distract even the critical players from the real facts.

The game is dead. No one cares anyway. So..

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Ra wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:50am:
Did I yawn in this thread already?

http://media.giphy.com/media/2XsvoCNOX7qh2/giphy.gif

Butthurt because nobody gives a fuck about your retarded DDO licence thread?

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #39 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Butthurt because nobody gives a fuck about your retarded DDO licence thread?

You guys are seriously failing to entertain me. My popcorn is getting moldy.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #40 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:47am
Print Post  
I guess that the Crack there doesn't know that not everything you read on the interwebs is true.

In other news, Justin Beiber has just been made lead promotional model for World of Warcraft.
(post other interwebs stuff below, and insinuate that it's from an insider source or a "whistleblower right from Turdbine offices." Have fun!)

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #41 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:47am
Print Post  

What doesn't shock me, is how every single post you create is completely fucking retarded. It has indeed turned out to be true, and the message is absolutely clear- you are an ignorant bellend and a right herbert. Your doctor should substitute your Xanax with Bisolax, as your mental instability is barely noticeable compared to how full of shit you are.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #42 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:52am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 8:41am:
... How you want proof when you get first hand info form a whistleblower right out of the Turdbine offices????!!! ...

How can you be so sure that the OP is not a fake?
Do you know him?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #43 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  

OK, first, what do you expect us to do? This isn't actionable intelligence - we can't buy up or sell off stuff ahead of the change, and we can't avert it by protesting on the bridge and hoping Producer Glib deigns to notice us.

Creating widespread panic will just anger Turdbin even more, and maybe start a witch hunt for the leak.

So even if this were from a verified source, what response would be better?

Which brings us to the second point, we have no idea who this is, it could as easily be a prank as a leak. Layoffs the day after the shutdown of Mournlands?

I'm glad the OP chose The Vault, it make for fun drama if it's a prank and it was cool to hear it first if it's true, but in neither case is it an insult to the OP or a poor reflection on the community to give it the generally flippant response it's gotten.

Come Friday, if it proves true I'll offer my condolences to the staff involved (because I'm sure the people who actually deserve to get laid off are too smarmy to be included), but I don't see how getting all worked up about it now would be of any use.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #44 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:48am
Print Post  
SoloArtiste is still lurking... that's awesome.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #45 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Ghostwriter wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:15pm:
friday a lot of temps were laid off
this thursday is the full time layoffs.
rumor says it will be up to half of the devs on ddo and lotro and up 25% of the entire studio

kanbeki wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 9:25pm:
Guys if you want insider info you can just send an e-mail to 404error/Ninja/Brian Gould at bgould@turbine.com....oh wait

Annual culling of the herd.

If you're wondering why it was in January this year instead of "ha ha - right before Christmas!", did you expect an annual event to happen in a timely manner at Turbine?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #46 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:10am
Print Post  
This is just in.

Honeyspammer has bought Turbine.

-from an inside source, citation not available. Just believe it cuz it's on the Interwebs at a public forum where anyone can post just about anything.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #47 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 4:50pm:
If Jerry gets laid off, who will be the Council's new sugar daddy?  does that mean they will have to start going down on Tolero instead of Jerry?

I just puked in my mouth a little.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
I have doubts about the veracity of the OP's message.

Rowan's producer letter was only two months ago. Layoffs would not let them finish the work outlined in the letter. With the revenue from the game, how many full time equivalent staff can they have working on it? I'd guess maybe as many as 20-ish FTE, and probably  fewer since some departments seem to be shared across games. One thing I noticed is that he only used the word "update" in his letter, not "expansions".

Given the upcoming level cap increase and content in the pipeline (which Rowan stated was confirmed), I would be surprised to see any layoffs before the end of 2014, if at all. Posts from MajMal indicate that they're already almost a skeleton crew with all available Turbine resources devoted to Infinite Crisis. Maj also made one post recently saying something about not bugging one group of devs about DDO for the next few months. Several people moved from the DDO team over to IC - Eladrin and also the guy who wrecked secret doors on his way out? Madfloyd too?

The last round of layoffs after MoTU overlooked people who carried on destroying the game for the past year, and got rid of some people who genuinely cared and who could interact well with players. For that reason alone, I'd not want to see another round. If and when the game goes into maintenance mode, it would be nice if they could at least un-break a few FoS'd things like loot tables - I want invis clickies back, and many other things, along with addition of more effects to Cannith Crafting, which desparately needs an update to level 30. It would be nice if they also left a few people to focus on the known issues for a year.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #49 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I find it hard to believe that prior notice of layoffs are announced at a tech company such as Turbine.  The possibility of sabotage by those notified they were being laid off is too strong, especially after Feather's weekend escapades recently.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Send TopicPrint