Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't update the game... (Read 3523 times)
Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Can't update the game...
Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:23am
Print Post  
New beastly machine and I figure I'll get back into DDO since raids were like slide shows when I left however the launcher won't get past "waiting" and "retry" and "Failed" and... you get the idea.

I jumpd through all the hoops with firewall exceptions etc and even tried installing from the old 4 CD's but no dice.

Anyone know anything about this?  I'm on windows 7 64 bit now.. from XP when last we spoke.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:27am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Can't update the game...
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:23am:
New beastly machine and I figure I'll get back into DDO since raids were like slide shows when I left however the launcher won't get past "waiting" and "retry" and "Failed" and... you get the idea.

Just in case it helps, raids no longer look like a slideshow, they're extinct.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:55am:
Just in case it helps, raids no longer look like a slideshow, they're extinct.

Angry no they're not. They still exist out there somewhere...

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Anything here that relates to your problem?
http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/ArticleFolder/75/Launcher-Err...

I have the same Win 7 64 bit as you and I had an obscure problem that took ages to diagnose and fix.  From memory, I think it related to Microsoft .NET v1.1.
Latest versions from 3.0 to 4.5 are all backwards compatible, but v1.1 wasn't and the Turbine Launcher (at the time) needed it.
However, I think I read that the launcher has now been updated, but if you've installed an old version, that will be a problem.  It was not straightforward soln - outlined here.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-...

Hope that helps bro.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 9:42am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:12am:
Anything here that relates to your problem?
http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/ArticleFolder/75/Launcher-Err...

I have the same Win 7 64 bit as you and I had an obscure problem that took ages to diagnose and fix.  From memory, I think it related to Microsoft .NET v1.1.
Latest versions from 3.0 to 4.5 are all backwards compatible, but v1.1 wasn't and the Turbine Launcher (at the time) needed it.
However, I think I read that the launcher has now been updated, but if you've installed an old version, that will be a problem.  It was not straightforward soln - outlined here.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-...

Hope that helps bro.

Thanks for the ideas, I thought that would be it and went through those steps and strangely it didn't work.  I'll wait and see what Turbine support has to say about it.   I downloaded NFW 1.1 and disabled 3.5 that is on my machine but I didn't update 1.1 which someone in that post mentions.  The whole thing is really strange in my opinion, that the Steam version, which looks brand new, the launcher is definitely recent looking from this year and it just doesn't work.   Sounds like maybe they have enough players and don't need any more f2p people... only problem is that I've spent about 400 bucks over the years as a VIP and they are basically probably shoving me in the queue with people who haven't paid a dime.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I don't think you'll be classified as f2p, mate. If you're no longer subscribed as VIP, you're probably now a premium player.

Chances are, the problem would be with your system and/or internet connection. I suggest trying the game on an alternate system and an alternate connection before you try micro-managing the kinks.

Just my thought. I once uninstalled/reinstalled the game, then tediously read through forums trying to figure out what was wrong (I had a similar problem). After a week of this, I tried playing DDO at work. Viola. It worked!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Have you tried pyLotro ? On one of my machines, the official launcher has been unable to do anything from time to time, but pyLotro worked each time.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Is your ISP Verison?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint