Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exploit (Group): Favor, CoV, XP Farming (Read 11357 times)
Free-Beer
Korthos Resident

Exploits - One Day I'll
Write a Book

Exploit (Group): Favor, CoV, XP Farming
Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
This group exploit has the advantage of speeding up your favor farming, CoV Farming or acquiring XP. It requires a minimum of 3 players and works best with a full group of 6. Thus, this exploit is best for members of a guild or group of players that tend to quest together.

-Basic Method-
Be in a party with 2 people (Must be in party). Player 1 enters a quest (i.e. Kobolds New Ringleader), and Player 2 stays outside. Player 1 finishes quest. Player 1 stays inside quest and informs Player 2 to enter quest. Player 2 then enters quest, RECALLS from quest, then enters quest a 2nd time. Upon entering the quest a 2nd time, Player 2 is granted quest completion and XP.

Pros: Speed up Favor Farming (Up to 70% faster), Speed up CoV Farming, XP Farming (Good for Off-Destinies)

Cons: Requires 3 players in Party, Requires a player to Solo or 2 Man a Quest, 50% or Less Chests Loot, Lots of Running,
Can't be done with Ordered Quests (Sorrowdusk, Threnal, etc)

-Suggested Method Example-

Here is a method for a group of 6 running High Road Epic Hard Quests. Six Players (named Player 1,2, etc) start in High Road Epic. Player 1&2 go to Detour, Player 3 goes to Lost Swamp, Player 4&5 go to Stay at Inn, Player 6 goes to Rest Stop. They all start their quests on Epic Hard.

Part 1: Round-Robin. In order to avoid 80% late penalties to XP, you must leave the quest and enter the other ones to start them. Yes, this drops XP by 20% with a re-entry penalty, but you will make it up by completing all 4 quests in half the time. In this example, player 2 leaves High Road and runs and enters all 3 other quests. Although he started with Detour, the last one he entered was Rest Stop. So he decided to complete that quest for full XP. Once Player 2 was in Rest Stop, he took over and Player 6 left and did his round-robin of quests.

The math is up to how you want to do this, but to avoid a late 80% XP penalty, remember to enter all other quests before running the one you are in to completion.

Part 2: When quests are all finished, you MUST have one party member stay in the quest to let others perform their enter/recall/enter to get XP and  completion.
This does NOT have to be the original party member who completed the quest. Just someone holding the instance.

Part 3: If you want XP in your off-destinies, 1st complete your quest, then recall to cityzone, change your Destiny, then perform the round-robin of finished quests to acquire your XP in new destiny.

Part 4: Chest Loot. Since you can only acquire the chest loot from a quest you are inside, this is up to your party members on which chests to open
and when.

Part 5: Acquire all your CoVs from all of the finished quests.

-Summary-

Some of the best places for this to save time are places where quests are bundled together. High Road, Schyndyllryn, and VON are all great because quests are so close to each other for running round-robin. Gianthold, Kings Forest and Stormhorns (Not tried, but guessing) take more time due to distances ran to each quest.

However, you also gain Saga Rewards much faster, which is more XP.

A good group of 6 can zerg easily (and super-fast) through a EH quest let alone an EE quest. However, this method can give a 30% bump in time saving if done properly.

----
(As with all exploits, always remember to tip your bartender. DDO wont be around without a monthly tab .. or layoffs)
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:41pm by Free-Beer »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Exploit (Group): Favor, CoV, XP Farming
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Free-Beer wrote on Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:38pm:
-Basic Method-
Be in a party with 2 people (Must be in party). Player 1 enters a quest (i.e. Kobolds New Ringleader), and Player 2 stays outside. Player 1 finishes quest. Player 1 stays inside quest and informs Player 2 to enter quest. Player 2 then enters quest, RECALLS from quest, then enters quest a 2nd time. Upon entering the quest a 2nd time, Player 2 is granted quest completion and XP.

----
(As with all exploits, always remember to tip your bartender. DDO wont be around without a monthly tab .. or layoffs)

lol this bug is still active? too funny.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Hell.. dint even try to see if this was still working... Kudos to Free-Beer if it is and for testing it Cheesy

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Nicely done, thanks for the great writeup!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Werebadger
Dragon Raider

Jazz hands!

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:40am
Print Post  
With the Basic Method, if player 2 enters twice, completes, grabs his reward, re-enters to hold the instance, can player 1 exit, claim his reward, re-pick-up the quest and re-enter twice and get completion?

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Werebadger wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:40am:
With the Basic Method, if player 2 enters twice, completes, grabs his reward, re-enters to hold the instance, can player 1 exit, claim his reward, re-pick-up the quest and re-enter twice and get completion?

just tested, the exploit does work. but droping quest, sharing, and repeating does not seem to work sadly Sad

IP Logged

Werebadger
Dragon Raider

Jazz hands!

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 2:16am:
just tested, the exploit does work. but droping quest, sharing, and repeating does not seem to work sadly Sad

Oh well.  Something to keep in mind when I'm chatting with friends running other quests.  Finishing up?  Hold on, BRT.

Shit, maybe start a user channel just for this.  "/joinchannel groupsploit" or something.   Just report in when nearing the end.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2014 at 3:12am by Werebadger »  

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Now to just find some others to do it with (;

and yes to the /joinchannel groupsploit idea lol

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
thx for sharing

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
wow I thought this one went away.  too damn funny.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 3:48pm:
wow I thought this one went away.  too damn funny.

I believe they only made it so that doing so does not count toward saga completion.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #11 - May 3rd, 2014 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Giving this a bump so that the self absorbed dick bag in Propogandas thread can see that the quoted text is in fact not in the special section or even the self absorbed dick bags quoted text, but right here in the open from 2 1/2 months ago.. so.. here you go you self absorbed dick bag.. used to be 13 god damned pages back.. good day

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #12 - May 3rd, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 12:15am:
Giving this a bump so that the self absorbed dick bag in Propogandas thread can see that the quoted text is in fact not in the special section or even the self absorbed dick bags quoted text, but right here in the open from 2 1/2 months ago.. so.. here you go you self absorbed dick bag.. used to be 13 god damned pages back.. good day

awehs did i hurt the wittle babies feelings... dawhs.. i sorry.. here... have some more tolero milk. Its the best your daddy could buy.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #13 - May 3rd, 2014 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Oh noes, went right to tolero milk. What's next? Cordovag?

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

Vaultknight
Korthos Resident

something something some
saying

Reply #14 - May 3rd, 2014 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Welcome to XP Dome!
"One toon enters, 6 get xp!"
(well technically all 6 need to enter but you get the idea)

IP Logged

shineys
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 3rd, 2014 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Free-Beer wrote on Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:38pm:
This group exploit has the advantage of speeding up your favor farming, CoV Farming or acquiring XP. It requires a minimum of 3 players and works best with a full group of 6. Thus, this exploit is best for members of a guild or group of players that tend to quest together.

-Basic Method-

Pros: Speed up Favor Farming (Up to 70% faster), Speed up CoV Farming, XP Farming (Good for Off-Destinies)

Cons: Requires 3 players in Party, Requires a player to Solo or 2 Man a Quest, 50% or Less Chests Loot, Lots of Running,
Can't be done with Ordered Quests (Sorrowdusk, Threnal, etc)

-Suggested Method Example-

Here is a method for a group of 6 running High Road Epic Hard Quests. Six Players (named Player 1,2, etc) start in High Road Epic. Player 1&2 go to Detour, Player 3 goes to Lost Swamp, Player 4&5 go to Stay at Inn, Player 6 goes to Rest Stop. They all start their quests on Epic Hard.

Part 1: Round-Robin. In order to avoid 80% late penalties to XP, you must leave the quest and enter the other ones to start them. Yes, this drops XP by 20% with a re-entry penalty, but you will make it up by completing all 4 quests in half the time. In this example, player 2 leaves High Road and runs and enters all 3 other quests. Although he started with Detour, the last one he entered was Rest Stop. So he decided to complete that quest for full XP. Once Player 2 was in Rest Stop, he took over and Player 6 left and did his round-robin of quests.

The math is up to how you want to do this, but to avoid a late 80% XP penalty, remember to enter all other quests before running the one you are in to completion.

Part 2: When quests are all finished, you MUST have one party member stay in the quest to let others perform their enter/recall/enter to get XP and  completion.
This does NOT have to be the original party member who completed the quest. Just someone holding the instance.

Part 3: If you want XP in your off-destinies, 1st complete your quest, then recall to cityzone, change your Destiny, then perform the round-robin of finished quests to acquire your XP in new destiny.

Part 4: Chest Loot. Since you can only acquire the chest loot from a quest you are inside, this is up to your party members on which chests to open
and when.

Part 5: Acquire all your CoVs from all of the finished quests.

-Summary-

Some of the best places for this to save time are places where quests are bundled together. High Road, Schyndyllryn, and VON are all great because quests are so close to each other for running round-robin. Gianthold, Kings Forest and Stormhorns (Not tried, but guessing) take more time due to distances ran to each quest.

However, you also gain Saga Rewards much faster, which is more XP.

A good group of 6 can zerg easily (and super-fast) through a EH quest let alone an EE quest. However, this method can give a 30% bump in time saving if done properly.

----

LMAO!!!! anyone in the party can enter the quest up to 10mins after completion and still get xp its not an exploit or a bug its working as intented and theres no need to recall just wait in quest for a few seconds lol
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2014 at 11:06pm by shineys »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - May 4th, 2014 at 6:12am
Print Post  
shineys wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 11:06pm:
LMAO!!!! anyone in the party can enter the quest up to 10mins after completion and still get xp its not an exploit or a bug its working as intented and theres no need to recall just wait in quest for a few seconds lol

You get a penalty.... for late entrance...
I think the trick is to get full XP from the completion.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #17 - May 4th, 2014 at 6:28am
Print Post  
5 days... Gime me strenght so I will be able to farm a tons of xp/favor/etc with all my mule accounts. Although twelve accounts is a lot to farm ]:->

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #18 - May 4th, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
has anyone tried if that works also, when a toon is DCed at completion, but reconnects after it?
for example, if my RAM is enough for just 2 ddo clients, then upon quest completion, 1 client remains active to hold the instance, and logout the 2nd client, so i can login with a 3rd account.
provided that i have already logged all 3 (or even 6) accounts, made a party, then logout and stay logged in with the 2 accounts. and then do the quest.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 9:42am by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #19 - May 4th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 2:16am:

Do the other part members need to be online during completion? or can the log in and do the round robin?

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint