Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I need someone with a special type of MMO skills (Read 23115 times)
iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

I need someone with a special type of MMO skills
Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
If you have deep experience understanding the profit model of MMOs as they mature, how to scrub their books, and all the business angles, PM me your background and contact info.

I'm absolutely not interested in amateurs/player only/etc.  You either know the mature end of the business or you don't.  We will verify that of course.  Please no bullshit inquiries.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:39am by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: I need someone with a special type of MMO skills
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Hey, people! ATENTION!!

No bullshit inquiries. Be mature. Please do not send him tons of fucking obnoxious PMs.

Please show this person that The Vault community can be also serious and honest.

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey, people! ATENTION!!

No bullshit inquiries. Be mature. Please do not send him tons of fucking obnoxious PMs.

Please show this person that The Vault community can be also serious and honest.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I know right.  Sometimes you have to fish in the swamp.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:04am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:39am:
If you have deep experience understanding the profit model of MMOs as they mature, how to scrub their books, and all the business angles, PM me your background and contact info.

I'm absolutely not interested in amateurs/player only/etc.  You either know the mature end of the business or you don't.  We will verify that of course.  Please no bullshit inquiries.

I have all of these skills and I am not a bullshit inquiry.

I am curious to know why I should give a crap that you want such a person.  Are you going to pay money for expertise or do you just want to bug the shit out of that person and waste their time?

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:04am:
I have all of these skills and I am not a bullshit inquiry.

I am curious to know why I should give a crap that you want such a person.  Are you going to pay money for expertise or do you just want to bug the shit out of that person and waste their time?

I'm lining up a resource for a potential spec deal.  All parties involved would be compensated in some fashion.  Details can be discussed at length.  You don't like the final proposal, no skin off my back, I'll find another.

I'm not here to waste anyone's time, I wouldn't have bothered posting if I was.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:18am by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
hello random vault faggot. I meet all prerequisites and have sent you a PM with my name, address, social security number, routing number, bank account numbers, 3 grams of semen, 10k inner cheek cells, 4 fluid ounces of urine, a picture of my parents, a notarized copy of my birth certificate, my past 2 1099g's, and my christianmingle.com account name. I anxiously look forward to seeing what you plan to do with this information. Thank you in advance!

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:17am:
hello random vault faggot. I meet all prerequisites and have sent you a PM with my name, address, social security number, routing number, bank account numbers, 3 grams of semen, 10k inner cheek cells, 4 fluid ounces of urine, a picture of my parents, a notarized copy of my birth certificate, my past 2 1099g's, and my christianmingle.com account name. I anxiously look forward to seeing what you plan to do with this information. Thank you in advance!

First, I'm bisexual, get it right.

Second, I don't need your social, I've already got that.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Let me guess: no fatties?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Third, I've already reached out to some people privately elsewhere to see if their "background" matches their "talk".  In summation, it appears it does not (not that I'm totally surprised), so I'm having to cast the net a little wider.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:26am:
Let me guess: no fatties?

Pleasantly plump only.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Well, that's me out.

I'm more "festive."

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
What's your big idea?  Gonna offer WB a buck twenty five and a couple of Applebee's coupons for the rights to run DDO?

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Whether or not it has anything to do with DDO specifically is indeterminate.  I'm only here because I know there's at least some tiny amount of non-idiots on this board who might be exactly the cross-section of skills to participate in something with lots of zeros.

You never know what happens.  My friend sold his first business he was a partner in in '00 - '01, took home 800k in cash and 8m in stock (which subsequently got crammed down to shit in the recession).  Blew his 800k in two years.  Yes, some of us play that game, and that's what this is about.  Sometimes we need people with skills we don't have to keep playing.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Let me guess the thesis here.

It's probably something relating to the life cycle of MMOs. The central part of his/her theory being MMOs start with a subscription model. It's popular at first then stagnates. Games then go F2P which increases the player base and makes the noobs easy pickings for micro-transactions because that's the easiest way noobs can "catch up" to the vets.

This results in a lot of cash coming in in a short time. Of course, this is unsustainable and the companies that do this know it. They're just trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest time in order to maximize profits, thus pleasing shareholders.

The MMO life cycle sort of reminds me of a star's. The 2009 move to F2P was DDO's supernova and as a supernova's brilliant flash signaling the beginning of the end dies down, so does the game after F2P. Until eventually both the game and the remains of the star collapse under it's own weight (mass in the star's case and broken promises/crappy implementations in the MMO's). What finally is left are white dwarfs and games in maintenance mode. Eventually, both will completely burn out and just disappear.

The star's life cycle may not be a perfect analogy but you get the idea.

Some games go through a faster life cycle than others (SWTOR vs. DDO) but I surmise, in this day and age, they will all go through it.

Edited:
The key, of course, is to make good decisions before the F2P phase so the game doesn't stagnate. That whole 1.5 year or so period before F2P just killed DDO.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:10pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:17pm:
What's your big idea?  Gonna offer WB a buck twenty five and a couple of Applebee's coupons for the rights to run DDO?

This is fat tits here

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:24pm:
Blew his 800k in two years.  Yes, some of us play that game, and that's what this is about.

I'm sold on this sound monetary action.  Please contact my financial advisor ImaRanger regarding financing in this lucrative opportunity.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
what about bo staff skills?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Okay, I'm in.  I have few computer skills and no practical experience in anything business-related, but I'm quite creative, learn easily, and am Canadian, so you don't need to pay health care.  I'm happy with a little Blue Cross dental, prescription coverage and glasses every two years.

rest wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:49pm:
what about bo staff skills?

Gosh.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Somehow it reminds me to this kind of super-duper offers:

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=24943&page=1

(pages 1 to 11, read it , is really funny)
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:14pm by »  

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:48pm:
I'm sold on this sound monetary action.  Please contact my financial advisor ImaRanger regarding financing in this lucrative opportunity.

He's got expensive tastes, and low spending control.  Of course that really doesn't mean anything.  Plenty of people blow their money thinking they've got 10 times that sitting in assets.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #21 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:39am:

Contact info? Is that like home address, phone number and social security number? Where can I sign up?

Fucktard

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:42pm:
Let me guess the thesis here.

It's probably something relating to the life cycle of MMOs. The central part of his/her theory being MMOs start with a subscription model. It's popular at first then stagnates. Games then go F2P which increases the player base and makes the noobs easy pickings for micro-transactions because that's the easiest way noobs can "catch up" to the vets.

This results in a lot of cash coming in in a short time. Of course, this is unsustainable and the companies that do this know it. They're just trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest time in order to maximize profits, thus pleasing shareholders.

The MMO life cycle sort of reminds me of a star's. The 2009 move to F2P was DDO's supernova and as a supernova's brilliant flash signaling the beginning of the end dies down, so does the game after F2P. Until eventually both the game and the remains of the star collapse under it's own weight (mass in the star's case and broken promises/crappy implementations in the MMO's). What finally is left are white dwarfs and games in maintenance mode. Eventually, both will completely burn out and just disappear.

The star's life cycle may not be a perfect analogy but you get the idea.

Some games go through a faster life cycle than others (SWTOR vs. DDO) but I surmise, in this day and age, they will all go through it.

Edited:
The key, of course, is to make good decisions before the F2P phase so the game doesn't stagnate. That whole 1.5 year or so period before F2P just killed DDO.

You're reading too much into it.  It has initially nothing to do with the exact way an MMO is run, although the business cycle angle isn't too far off part of what's being considered.

People who understand the tech/vc/finance game will get it as soon as I explain it.  I don't feel like explaining it to more than one qualified resource, that's all.  Why would I either, so some knucklehead can tell his dad who might also be tech/vc/finance?  That just makes prices go up for me.

Most people are naturally suspicious.  They're also mostly stupidly suspicious and that's why they don't get shit done.  That's why only a tiny amount of us start businesses, and an even tinier amount of us are successful at multiple times.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Do you own a boat?

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 1:31pm:
Do you own a boat?

A hole in the water you throw money into, absolutely not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint