Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) looks like Rowan's gone . . . (Read 22484 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: looks like Rowan's gone . . .
Reply #75 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:54am:
What doesn't make sense to me is why someone would say I am not going to spend money on DDO now because 5 years from now it might not exist. You pay $10 per month for current/short-term entertainment value ....I don't see how it is reasonable to expect my my February 2014 $10 "investment" to reap big returns 5 years from now. I don't say I am not going to spend $15 to go watch a movie because they might not create a sequel....If I think I'll enjoy the movie I'll spend $15, If I don't think I'll enjoy the movie I'll give it a pass. Investment is not the right word....

You are probably more cut out to be a lurker instead of a commenter here.

Under the premium model which DDO has offered since 2009, it's probably around $300 for all of the packs, $50-100 or so for shared bank, races, and classses, and another $50-150 for Shadowfail and MoTU. Add on character-specific items such as store bank and inventory slot and you're talking enough money to expect a substantial playtime into the future.

If I dropped $400 during a Steam sale, I'd have enough games to keep me going for quite a few years. I would have a reasonable expectation for them to be available to me in perpetuity, and absolutely expect them to be there for at least the next five years. There is no reason for anyone to expect a $400 expenditure on DDO as a premium player to be treated any differently.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #76 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:33pm:
You are probably more cut out to be a lurker instead of a commenter here.

Under the premium model which DDO has offered since 2009, it's probably around $300 for all of the packs, $50-100 or so for shared bank, races, and classses, and another $50-150 for Shadowfail and MoTU. Add on character-specific items such as store bank and inventory slot and you're talking enough money to expect a substantial playtime into the future.

If I dropped $400 during a Steam sale, I'd have enough games to keep me going for quite a few years. I would have a reasonable expectation for them to be available to me in perpetuity, and absolutely expect them to be there for at least the next five years. There is no reason for anyone to expect a $400 expenditure on DDO as a premium player to be treated any differently.

So you've already spent the $400 or you are thinking about spending $400 now? I'd think most people here would be closer to the former than the later. If so, then people are thinking...should I spend another $30. Or....should I spend another $60. The $400 is already a sunk expenditure.

I have 3 questions for you (and others who would like to respond)...how many months have you played, what is the average number of hours you play per month and how much have you spent on DDO?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #77 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:33pm:
If I dropped $400 during a Steam sale, I'd have enough games to keep me going for quite a few years

Yes.
I set my limit to 100 €  when I joined shortly after f2p, still didn't cross that.
You prolly want packs, some races maybe, shared bank.
You certainly don't need cosmetics, inv/ bank space or all that shit. Buy stuff on sale.

Unless you want everything right NOW, then you prolly better go vip.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #78 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:51am:
Investment is not always used for exact financial meaning.  You can invest in love, etc.
People invest their time and money in the game while expecting returns such as entertainment and good times.
If the return does not occur as expected, people get frustrated.
Normally there is no need to explain this to anyone here in the vault.
But you are a fanboi so...

Well said, Sim.

I do invest both time and money in this game, not in the expectation of a financial payoff but in expectation of an entertainment payoff. And not necessarily an immediate payoff, either.

Even though I'm taking a break from the game, I gave Turbine $50 this winter and that was certainly not for immediate entertainment. I had some money in my entertainment budget, and my thinking was TP don't go bad. Well, that was before the layoff announcements, my perception of their durability has considerably lessened since then  Roll Eyes

And the lifespan of the game absolutely matters - My wife and I own Sands and VON, for example, but there isn't much point buying those packs for a kid. If one of those packs goes on sale I might buy it for the rest of our family accounts if and only if I think the game is going to be around long enough for the next generation of gamers to grow into it.

The "will I enjoy this movie" analogy does hold up for some DDO purchases - SP pots, XP pots, and event keys come to mind. But it breaks down when applied to reusable purchases like adventure packs, tomes (especially now that they persist through TR), and character slots. Those items do require an expectation of game longevity and activity to be worthwhile.

I've got enough TP to cover my purchases of the former, and I'm holding off on the latter because I'm unsure of the future of DDO. So 2014 could be the first year since I started playing that I might actually pay nothing.

And Hathorian, invest is absolutely the right word. If one of my family members wants to run Sorrowdusk to get a Denieth quiver, I'll buy a pass for a few dozen TP if I think the game might not be around for long, but I'll invest in the full adventure pack if I expect to get years of play out of it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #79 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:46pm:
Well said, Sim.

I do invest both time and money in this game, not in the expectation of a financial payoff but in expectation of an entertainment payoff. And not necessarily an immediate payoff, either.

Even though I'm taking a break from the game, I gave Turbine $50 this winter and that was certainly not for immediate entertainment. I had some money in my entertainment budget, and my thinking was TP don't go bad. Well, that was before the layoff announcements, my perception of their durability has considerably lessened since then  Roll Eyes

And the lifespan of the game absolutely matters - My wife and I own Sands and VON, for example, but there isn't much point buying those packs for a kid. If one of those packs goes on sale I might buy it for the rest of our family accounts if and only if I think the game is going to be around long enough for the next generation of gamers to grow into it.

The "will I enjoy this movie" analogy does hold up for some DDO purchases - SP pots, XP pots, and event keys come to mind. But it breaks down when applied to reusable purchases like adventure packs, tomes (especially now that they persist through TR), and character slots. Those items do require an expectation of game longevity and activity to be worthwhile.

I've got enough TP to cover my purchases of the former, and I'm holding off on the latter because I'm unsure of the future of DDO. So 2014 could be the first year since I started playing that I might actually pay nothing.

And Hathorian, invest is absolutely the right word. If one of my family members wants to run Sorrowdusk to get a Denieth quiver, I'll buy a pass for a few dozen TP if I think the game might not be around for long, but I'll invest in the full adventure pack if I expect to get years of play out of it.

Yeah, I've only really thought about it from a VIP perspective. I maybe play about 120 hrs per month give or take so VIP is a no-brainer for me. I get all content for about 8 cents per hour of entertainment. Lol. Where else can you get entertainment for about 8 cents an hour? Movies are about $5-$10 per hour. Restaurants are about $50 per hour. Sporting events or concerts are probably close to that. Going to a bar or night club (don't do much of that anymore)...maybe $20 per hour? Cable tv...well....that really depends on the number of people in your family and how much they watch tv but it is typically $ per hour as opposed to cents per hour.

Extra bells and whistles cost more which is fine and is my choice. The thing I don't agree with is that expansion packs aren't free for VIP. That is BS but I don't get too worked up over it.

I have trouble imaging being so poor that I can't afford $10 per month..... I am sure that some are but most aren't. Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time so I guess what I am trying to say is if you are VIP rather than premium I don't see it as an investment. $10 per month goes into the entertainment budget. It comes down to how much you play and if you enjoy playing though. If you are taking a break then it definitely makes sense not wanting to spend any money.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #80 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I am also a VIP so I don't worry how long the game will be here. I didn't drop $$$ to "own" the content. I just lease it. And when it's gone, I'll spend my 10 bucks elsewhere.

Well I did buy MOTU (preorder) and shadowfail (for TP that I had from VIP/favour) so guess I do "own" some stuff.

Realistically I've paid more than I would have if I purchased everything rather than being a VIP for years. But I am ok with that. I don't have this whole "sunk cost" fallacy so many premium people who "own" the packs seem to have. I pay my 10 bucks, I play my characters in any content and that's good for me.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:34pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #81 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:42pm:
I have 3 questions for you (and others who would like to respond)...how many months have you played, what is the average number of hours you play per month and how much have you spent on DDO?

I've played since about May 2010 with a few one to two month breaks. Never been VIP. I own all the permanent content except Half-orc.  When I play, it's about 2-4 hours a day.  I bought both expansions, but not the collector's editions or extra super bonus crap.  I would guess I've spent ~$300 over the years on points and the xpacks. 

I've been on a break from the game since the beginning of the year, just burned out.  I'm sure I'll give it another whirl in a few weeks.  I mostly feel as though I've got my money's worth over the years.  When the game dies, I'll move on, but not likely to any other MMO or subscription-type game.  Maybe I'll even accomplish something with my life.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #82 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:05pm:
Yeah, I've only really thought about it from a VIP perspective. I maybe play about 120 hrs per month give or take so VIP is a no-brainer for me. I get all content for about 8 cents per hour of entertainment.

OK, that is a great deal. I play maybe 10-20 hours a week total across all computer games I play, and I buy content for my own plus 4 additional family accounts, all of whom play less than I do. Turbine makes a bit more per hour off me Wink

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
Realistically I've paid more than I would have if I purchased everything rather than being a VIP for years. But I am ok with that. I don't have this whole "sunk cost" fallacy so many premium people who "own" the packs seem to have. I pay my 10 bucks, I play my characters in any content and that's good for me.

I think it is less about sunk costs than it is about efforts to minimize the lifecycle costs. My biggest sunk cost on DDO would be the time I spent leveling characters, which is probably worth far more than the money.

I kept my overall expenditure lower than VIP over time, and have everything except Shadowfail. I don't fret too much over squeezing even more value out of what I spent in the past as I had enough fun from 2009-2012 to justify the expenditure.

If I completely walk away from DDO (and I've already spent most of the time since April 2013 not playing DDO), my biggest regret is not going to be over how much I spent, but it will be over how badly the game was mismanaged by Turbine - ie, I will only stupidly regret something over which I had zero control. If the game somehow gets turned around, I will do even better on the lifecycle aspect, but I've already had my money's worth.

Lifecycle costs are the biggest difference between VIP and premium, just like leasing versus purchasing. Leasing makes more sense in the short term. At this point in the game, there might not be a long term left, and I would have difficulty recommending the premium route anymore.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #84 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:47pm:
I've played since about May 2010 with a few one to two month breaks. Never been VIP. I own all the permanent content except Half-orc.  When I play, it's about 2-4 hours a day.  I bought both expansions, but not the collector's editions or extra super bonus crap.  I would guess I've spent ~$300 over the years on points and the xpacks. 

I've been on a break from the game since the beginning of the year, just burned out.  I'm sure I'll give it another whirl in a few weeks.  I mostly feel as though I've got my money's worth over the years.  When the game dies, I'll move on, but not likely to any other MMO or subscription-type game.  Maybe I'll even accomplish something with my life.

So, likely well over 2000 hours and something in the 10-15 cents per hour range. Very nice.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #85 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 3:06pm:
OK, that is a great deal. I play maybe 10-20 hours a week total across all computer games I play, and I buy content for my own plus 4 additional family accounts, all of whom play less than I do. Turbine makes a bit more per hour off me Wink

Yes they do. Everyone is in a different situation and to each his own. If you each average 5 hours per week that is about 20 hours per month each for a total of 100 man hours per month. If you had 5 VIP accounts that would be about 50 cents per hour of entertainment.

But...how much more enjoyable would it be for your family if you were all VIP (or even had 1 VIP account)? None, some, a lot?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #86 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:32pm:
So, likely well over 2000 hours and something in the 10-15 cents per hour range. Very nice.

Yup, not gonna complain.  Met some decent folk in that time, too, which in economic terms I guess you could call "Value-added."  Cheesy

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #87 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:39pm:
Yes they do. Everyone is in a different situation and to each his own. If you each average 5 hours per week that is about 20 hours per month each for a total of 100 man hours per month. If you had 5 VIP accounts that would be about 50 cents per hour of entertainment.

But...how much more enjoyable would it be for your family if you were all VIP (or even had 1 VIP account)? None, some, a lot?

Yeah $0.50/hour isn't terrible - it beats a movie or going out to dinner - but it's not great either. It's a much better value to buy a console game for $50 or 10 used DVDs at $5 each.

DDO would be a much better value for me if there was a higher enjoyment per hour factor - failing a quest because the client lags or the boss gets stuck in a wall is hugely frustrating, comparable perhaps to buying a DVD and having it skip and go unplayable on the last 5 minutes. I've only had that happen once or twice, and I got my money back. In DDO it happens fairly often.

I also resent the time I spend managing all the crafting systems, the tight inventory, and re-learning things like enhancements or how new loot works. That isn't fun, and it takes away from my rare and precious play time. That stuff doesn't affect the price, but it certainly lowers the value.

So would I enjoy the game more if I had VIP? Yeah, a bit. The longer logout timer would be nice, and opening higher difficulties on a first life (at 10 hours a week, I don't have any 2nd life characters), but I can't think of anything else I'd really gain. I already have way more TP than I use because I've tried to pay for my entertainment so the 500 per month isn't very meaningful. What else do VIPs get? I own a ton of content I've never played even once, I own character races and classes I've never played.

What would make me enjoy the game more is stability and bug fixes.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #88 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:12pm:
So the new producer is Athena Peters who studied BFA Drama at Southwest Texas State.  Drama, hmm, I guess that could be helpful in producing a fantasy game.

In a letter to alumni in Dec 2011, here's what she wrote:

Just sounds like video games are the number one thing in her professional life, eh?  Expect more owlbear costumes reciting MacBeth in future DDO videos.

We should sum your life up in a couple lines as well.
Guess what they will say!

I am also a VIP so I don't worry how long the game will be here. I didn't drop $$$ to "own" the content. I just lease it. And when it's gone, I'll spend my 10 bucks elsewhere.

Well I did buy MOTU (preorder) and shadowfail (for TP that I had from VIP/favour) so guess I do "own" some stuff.

I'm the same. I have lots of money and I will pay to be entertained. I am still entertained 8 years later so I still hand my money over as rent. No mess and no fuss.

Anything else making Turbine some evil empire is silly but entertaining for me to read. I hope peons keep that fairy tale going because cracked is going downhill.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2014 at 5:57am by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:46pm:
[...]

[...]

The movie analogy doesn't fit because it's more a DVD,blue-ray analogy there. You pay around 5-15$ for an adventure pack, right?
Each adventure pack has a story and quests to entertain you. If you really try to enjoy and explore an adventure pack the most packs lead you through a story for at least one hour.
It's like an interactive movie or book you could buy. I don't see why you think they wouldn't hold the movie/dvd/book analogy.

If you have fun and enjoy the story the first playthrough of the adventure is well worth the money compared to other entertainment offers in the real world. At least it returned enough 'profit' to be a good investment.
And on top, whenever you want to read/play the story again you can do so, like with a DVD/blue-ray or video.

Longevity of the game for adventure packs is only needed if you are aiming for the items they offer. But the items are more like bonus content, even if the items are often the main reason to decide which adv pack to buy next.
But especially VoN... this is one of the few raids which are still run regularly, at least on Orien. And in my opinion VoN is by far the best raid in DDO, I really like the velah raid mechanic.
It's even more fun with a raid group which is not able to beat it down with pure dps and needs to use some kind of tactic to beat her (not standing in the fire breath and killing eggs for several rounds).

And stat tomes... they have an immediate impact on your build increasing the fun you can have with your toon. One life from 1-20 or even 28 should be enough to justify the investment.

So longevity is only needed if you have to buy that many packs and stuff that you would have to pay 100$ or more and don't want a net investment of more than 10$ a month. Because otherwise it would have been better to go VIP.

But especially the adventure packs can be seen as buying a story and entertainment for at least one hour. It's practically the same as going to a movie or buying a video/book. And after that time they offer a lot of bonus content(items, replaying).

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #90 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Feb 28th, 2014 at 5:54am:
We should sum your life up in a couple lines as well.
Guess what they will say!

I don't give a shit.  What I listed was what I found with a quick search.  The point I was making, and one which went right over your head, is that the new producer is heavily into Drama and not gaming.  If you were to pick someone to run your game, which do you want? 

I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but she sounds like the blueprint of what's wrong with DDO Development: the people making the decisions are not playing the game at the depths most players do.  There's a reason Microsoft began the "eat your own dog food" drive and DDO needs to develop a similar "play and know your game" mentality.

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
I don't give a shit.  What I listed was what I found with a quick search.  The point I was making, and one which went right over your head, is that the new producer is heavily into Drama and not gaming.  If you were to pick someone to run your game, which do you want? 

I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but she sounds like the blueprint of what's wrong with DDO Development: the people making the decisions are not playing the game at the depths most players do.  There's a reason Microsoft began the "eat your own dog food" drive and DDO needs to develop a similar "play and know your game" mentality.

It's a letter directed at alumni of a drama program, highlighting her gaming experience would not be a priority in that context.

However in her letter to the forums she states
Quote:
Some of you may already know a bit about me, but I might be a new name for others. I've been a Producer on the DDO Team for the past three years, working behind the scenes to keep the gears turning and trains running on time. I've been playing DDO since the original Stormreach Beta, and have been working in the MMO business for more than a decade (my resume includes work on City of Heroes and Guild Wars as well.) I am also a tabletop D&D and LARP gamer. Expect to be seeing more of me lurking around the boards, reading your feedback, and occasionally answering a question or two!

Which tells me several things

-She is a 10 year veteran of the gaming industry working on at least 3 MMO's
-She has been playing DDO since 2006 despite only being with Turbine for 3 years.
-She is a table top gamer and LARP'er.

It's called speaking to your audience, when she was speaking to Drama alumni she talks up one aspect of her life, when speaking to DDO gamers she talks up that aspect of her life.

I have no idea how she will do as Exec Producer, but looking at her linkedIn profile tells you a lot more about her qualifications than her letter to her old drama school schoolmates

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Print Post  

Same here.  DDO is exceedingly cheap entertainment in the grand scheme of things.

I find people that "count" every entertainment dollar to be the xanax of a good time.  Can't we save the cost-to-benefit analysis to more important matters?  Like how much it is going to cost me for that dancer to let me pet her kitty.   Shocked

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The point I was making, and one which went right over your head, is that the new producer is heavily into Drama and not gaming.

Sounds perfect for the Vault.  Smiley

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #94 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  

Right, a quick search. If you'd like to make points that go over my head you're going to have to aim the quality of your searches a bit higher.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #95 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Feb 28th, 2014 at 9:20am:
The movie analogy doesn't fit because it's more a DVD,blue-ray analogy there. You pay around 5-15$ for an adventure pack, right?

Actually, I was responding to Hathorian, who had said "go to a movie" not "buy a movie on DVD". And the big difference between "buy a movie" and "rent a movie" or "go see a movie" is how long you have access to the movie. Well, "go see a movie" has the added benefits of better sound system and bigger screen, but we are talking about how longevity affects value.

And the market has clearly shown people find value in the extended access, otherwise either renting a movie and buying a movie would cost the same, or nobody would buy movies, neither of which is true.

So I guess we could quibble about the diminishing returns of longer and longer access, but there is no question longevity adds value. And the fact that we're having this discussion proves that it has different value for different people, and that's cool too!

So by all means, enjoy yourself, buy what you want, it's your money!

Conversely, if I tell you I'm not spending any more on the game because the apparent lower longevity has reduced the value I perceive, don't sweat it, it's my money.

I'm not screaming for my money back, I'm not accusing them of stealing from me, or even accusing them of dealing in bad faith. I'm calmly explaining how their actions have influenced mine. That's good data for any company smart enough to use it. And by "use it" I don't mean "do what I want" I mean "weigh the costs and benefits and make an informed decision".

EDIT: And in case you missed it earlier, I'm a very casual player, leveling a character from 1-20 takes me YEARS, and I don't have any characters at 24, nevermind 28! So while you might squeeze a "full use" of a tome out in a month or two, I need much more time to get the same value out of that purchase. I agree that DDO is a great value for people who play DDO 30 hours a week, but that's not their entire customer base.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2014 at 4:33pm by Meursault »  

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #96 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I want to see the day Jerry and Amanda will be kicked out or quit.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

She has over a decade in MMO's two or 3 of them on this game, a couple on my favorite MMO ever, and yes she plays. She doesn't like spotlight that is why you don't know her.
If you looked me up you would see all sorts of weird shit- Television, regular software,Coach,lead designer of a digital non-linear editor, NCAA sports...but I too have 10000 hours in this game stuff. No one over 30 in this industry has a 'game degree' we all came from elsewhere. If you think that all our collective experiences don't have any input into creating experiences...that is when you end up with "dry ass game number 17". Trust me I pull on film processes all the time. Personally I rather have developers and testers that are not 'uber gamerz' and have some real education in psych, philosophy, lit, and other liberal arts. I've hired a mechanic, a librarian, a submarine driver, a sound engineer, a pilot and game degree kids. No one that admits their favorite art is game art, or they only listen to game music. No one who has no other hobbies. Just like film you need to experience life to make good art. For example nothing makes me groan more than having to explain J. Campbell to a budding designer of videogames..at least I have a videohttp://youtu.be/yZxs_jGN7Pg to explain it with puppets.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:08pm by majmalphunktion »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #98 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Cordovan doesn't play...

Maybe he used to, but not anymore.

Seen his little escapade on video recently? Case in point.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #99 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Also - what's your favourite MMO ever?

SWTOR?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged