Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Game Controllers and Macros (Read 1854 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Game Controllers and Macros
Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Hiyall,

I've been using a Logitech G13 gamepad and a Razor Naga mouse to play DDO for about 4 years now.

At the moment I have the G13 set up for Bar1 1-0, Jump, PTT, Map, Tab to Select, Use, For, Rev, Strafe Left and Right.

I am not entirely new to creating macros but am wondering if anyone around here uses them with this gamepad or a G15 keyboard.

I am wondering if the macros can be setup to reduce or eliminate the global CDs of spells/abilities etc...

For Example:  Could I set up a hot key to trigger a macro that casts Cure Mod and Cure Ser (or whatever buffs etc) on a single target w/o the CD associated with casting them from single key strokes?

I ran into a cat on Khyber that could jump in the air, tumble and jump again even higher and other acrobatics.  He mentioned macros but didn't go much further.

I guess I realize the convenience of macros for normal gameplay but am really looking for things macros can do above and beyond what one can do with simple keybindings and mouse clicks.

Take it easy.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Re: Game Controllers and Macros
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:47am:
I ran into a cat on Khyber that could jump in the air, tumble and jump again even higher and other acrobatics.

Hit space + block + forward at the same time, airtumble!

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:47am:
For Example:  Could I set up a hot key to trigger a macro that casts Cure Mod and Cure Ser (or whatever buffs etc) on a single target w/o the CD associated with casting them from single key strokes?

I really dont think there is just by looking at the key mapping, but if your savvy with coding you could set it up to when you press this certain key, that right before you press this key you would select the player you wish to heal, but thatd require some coding.  Either that or vice versa, target then immediantly perform csw.

I may not be understanding your question fully...but are you trying to get it to heal yourself once you go below a certain% of HP?  You could do this as well but youd have to get into the coding with the macro your setting up, which really isnt ideal since coders are scarce

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
you can pretty much do anything in this game, if you can make it occur after X but before Y

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:14pm:
you can pretty much do anything in this game, if you can make it occur after X but before Y

I'm beginning to wonder if this is why we keep getting 3rd party software bolted on to the DDO client and forced down our throats, in an attempt to prevent or limit cable jockeying antics.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Well, really I was wondering if the GCD could be eliminated/all but eliminated through macros...

Like Icestorm/Earthquake/Sunburst SLA or any combo of spells buffs w/e.

I guess I'll have to try it and hope to remember to save the work in a different profile.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Well, really I was wondering if the GCD could be eliminated/all but eliminated through macros...

Like Icestorm/Earthquake/Sunburst SLA or any combo of spells buffs w/e.

I guess I'll have to try it and hope to remember to save the work in a different profile.

You can make macro's with that setup to do just about anything.  The only issue I had the last time I was messing around with them, was making sure to swap profiles when I swapped characters.

For example..  1 macro was for clerical mass buffing. 

I put in a macro to swap to that specific hotbar, hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 with a small delay in between each one, and then swap back to the main hotbar.

I haven't really messed with it myself for more speed sensitive items like combat spells, but it should work fine.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:19pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.ďż˝ And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint