Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Clerics need some love! (Read 10662 times)
RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Clerics need some love!
Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I know it would not be a game changer, save against Beholders, but they need to give clerics SLAs of Healing spells!!! Doesn't even have to be Heal, say Cure Crit?  Just a thought. Oh and maybe they can fix the Exploit of bugging on the ladder, hit Ctl, opening a HUGE Green bag, then hitting Alt+F4.  It closes the game and when you log back in you will still have your green back and just wasted your time.   Seriously though HEAL SLAs!!!!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: Clerics need some love!
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
put on a PLIS. Or destruction the beholder before it looks at you.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:19pm:
put on a PLIS. Or destruction the beholder before it looks at you.

Already do.  Just would be nice to not have to worry so much about spending SP on healing when I could be helping do dots or something.  Have a bunch of XP regen items but would be nice if Bauble hit for more than 268 on average for me....

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
At least you have a bauble. All I have is the twisted talisman, an epic twisted talisman, and hoping for mana procs on my GS.

The secret to divine casters are consumables - scrolls and wands. It costs plat, which most folks are willing to provide for a smooth run.

What I do personally is play like an offensive caster. I put on high-offense (spellpower) gear and just go to town. Dead mobs don't hit back.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Agreed. Too many people can't scroll and Spell cast. They burn SP then drink pots, that have low drop rates now, like water. Learn your class people.  I might work more on offensive stuff.  Positive spell power is over 400 without buffs so I am sure it will be fine.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Clerics have needed love for years and it's been clear the Turbine has no idea what to do with Clerics.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Fuck healing.
Burst, Cocoon, Renewal and Wrath ( I think, dont have since i need 6 bloody wis in destiny to kill shit ) work in antimagic anyway.

LOL, do people still buy scrolls and wands ?
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:31pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:28pm:
Clerics have needed love for years and it's been clear the Turbine has no idea what to do with Clerics.

I have heard the last few years, "Clerics don't new shit beyond level 14 gear."  Same dumbasses that are WF, barbarian, in CitW, with no healing amp, and over 700HP and wonder why they die when my cleric with over 400positive hits them on a crit for about 64HPs!

Scrolls are a good help still for REAL players.  Besides as seen above Raise dead is cheaper than Heal  Wink

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Dear retard, Burst works in an antimagic field. Cocoon also does.

And any dumbass that needs a hjeal after reaching lvl 20 deserves a slow and painful death.

XO, fleshies with Cocoon and Bladeforged
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:21pm by NOTdarth »  

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:20pm:

And any dumbass that needs a hjeal after reaching lvl 20 deserves a slow and painful death.

Not anymore(in U21):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

Bug Fixes:
NEW: Many spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities now correctly cannot be used in anti-magic fields.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:20pm:

Not everyone is self-heal capable immediately at level 20. It takes a while for some folks to learn that.

I like how clerics are. It just seems that there are so many conflicting views on how to play clerics. In my cleric life, I play it like a wiz. A DC-based wiz. Heightened Slay Living, Destruction, max empowered blade barrier. More often than not, mobs are too dead for them to threaten my party. My only issue is that if there's a party member who's faster than I am (which happens quite often), I have to save arses. It makes the game more challenging, though. I can cure wounds, heal, remove curse, raise dead - but I can't cure stupid.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:25pm:
Not anymore(in U21):

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! WHY THE FUCKING FUCK CAN'T WE FUCKING HAVE SOME FUCKING NICE THINGS?

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:26pm:
Not everyone is self-heal capable immediately at level 20. It takes a while for some folks to learn that.

Ok, given that it's a first lifer he should reach self-sufficincy by level 25.

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Another nerf!?!?! That is bull. It is SLA for a reason.  Damn them all!!!!  And agreed not all self-sufficient even at 28.  For zergers and stupid can't fix that.  But they have a special place in my inventory until a shrine comes up or a lava pit, whichever is closer.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Damn it. So masters of the arcane, prodigies of the elements, and the beloved (chosen and worshipers) of the gods and nature would be helpless against big eyes, whereas some punch-monkey in pajamas can just poke them?!

The blind spell should really be able to kill them stupid beholders.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
RynD wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:14pm:
Scrolls are a good help still for REAL players.  Besides as seen above Raise dead is cheaper than Heal  Wink

Amen.  When I played I had almost a full bag slot of scrolls, back when VoD was hard I bailed out more than one run by burning a stack or two of heal scrolls.  I always tried to use scrolls over spells as much as possible and save the blue bar.  It's how we learned to play when SP pots didn't exist.

I'll still stand by the statement that Turbine has never had a clear vision for Clerics and tend to pigeon hole them.  On the same note, this can be said for a lot of classes. 

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
It only goes to show how much the developers (or how little, in this case) play the game. Clerics = hjealers for most, which is about the same thinking as most newbies in korthos who have just discovered hirelings.

However, I stand by my opinion: Clerics are divine casters, not hjealers. If you have a problem with a divine having more kills than you, instead of just following you around to hjeal your gimp ass, you have to reroll your toon or play another game.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #17 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Oh back "when Vod was hard" absolutely.
Now anyone worth hjealing has cocoon themselves, Renewal ticks em for 300+.
When Citw was being run, still Cocoon, Spring x2 twisted, Renewal or Wrath again.

All this shit now, + echoes, scrolls are pointless on a cleric ironically .
On a melee, still great.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
No love for them.... thats turdbine policy...

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
I remember a thread in the motherforums complaining about clerics not being healbots or somesuch nonesense.

Stuff like "play your class" ran abound.

That would've been awesome if it was saved somewhere.

It was probably a Shade post.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Sun elf needs a heal sla. If bladeforged can recon sla than elves can heal sla. Almost fair except bladeforged still get over.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #21 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Not seeing why all the "clerics need love" Meh Battle Tank is doing nicely in regards to healing.. that aoe smite with 300 Pos power is freaking beast... (still working out how to get her more PSP.. 300 is pushing her limits.. :/)

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #22 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Halflings get the heal dragonmark...

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #23 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:48pm:
It only goes to show how much the developers (or how little, in this case) play the game. Clerics = hjealers for most, which is about the same thinking as most newbies in korthos who have just discovered hirelings.

However, I stand by my opinion: Clerics are divine casters, not hjealers. If you have a problem with a divine having more kills than you, instead of just following you around to hjeal your gimp ass, you have to reroll your toon or play another game.

Agree Play class how you want and throw up the BYOH!
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:41pm by RynD »  

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #24 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 8:40pm:
Amen.  When I played I had almost a full bag slot of scrolls, back when VoD was hard I bailed out more than one run by burning a stack or two of heal scrolls.  I always tried to use scrolls over spells as much as possible and save the blue bar.  It's how we learned to play when SP pots didn't exist.

I'll still stand by the statement that Turbine has never had a clear vision for Clerics and tend to pigeon hole them.  On the same note, this can be said for a lot of classes. 

Ah VoD Those were the good ole days!  Scrolls have saved a few raids for me too.  I still try not to use pots if can help it.  You can Mana conserve a lot with scroll and still be more effective than a person burning through the SP.  My cleric uses half mana sometimes to peoples 5pots and still running empty.  Scrolls are maxed and PSP is very high for most cleric healers I hear though. So those two things help. Plus Caccoon
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:45pm by RynD »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint