Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Clerics need some love! (Read 10713 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Clerics need some love!
Reply #50 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:10pm:
Clerics need Domains, and better ED options.  I doubt we'll see Domains any time soon, though.  They're claiming to be working the ED angle for a patch; we'll see how that pans out.

Given the majority of that thread contains commentary by people who do not actually play Clerics, I have little to no hope.

I've actually unsubbed by this time.  6 years is a long fucking time to wait around for some dev to be bothered making a half hearted attempt at making divine classes what they should be.

Be happy to come back once they get their heads out of their asses.  Until then it's Skyrim until ESO launches here.

Been saying for years that Divine classes are not support only.  If I want to play a cleric the way it's fucking intended I'll stick to a PnP group.

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:10pm:
Clerics need Domains, and better ED options.  I doubt we'll see Domains any time soon, though.  They're claiming to be working the ED angle for a patch; we'll see how that pans out.

when enhancements were first previewed on ML cleric domains were going to each have their own tree, I think once they realized how much work that would be it got scrapped.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #52 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:15pm:

What exactly about that post is ungetted?  The proposed changes to EA look really powerful, perhaps even overpowered, and clearly even better than magister or draconic. 

Spell penetration and DC boosts - I assume that this is what divine people wanted. 

Shadows Upon You - depending on spell cost and cooldown, this could be insanely powerful.  +6 to +16 to DCs is way better than anything magister gets.  If it works on bosses, that is a massive increase in DPS. 

Divine wrath not requiring ardor stacks - I assume clerics wanted this change.  Also it'll probably be easier to use, since it'll now show the cooldown.  Sun bolt SLA on top of that is awesome. 

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:25pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #54 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:20pm:
Given the majority of that thread contains commentary by people who do not actually play Clerics, I have little to no hope.

No shit.
But since there are like 10 clerics/fvs on a server lol, not actually surprising.

Oh they went with the Renewal move, that will surely help "tanking" paladin ( haha ) in Sentinel.

How more fucking stupid they can be.
I would be sorry to see you go Cow.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:35pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:24pm:
Shadows Upon You - depending on spell cost and cooldown, this could be insanely powerful.  +6 to +16 to DCs is way better than anything magister gets.  If it works on bosses, that is a massive increase in DPS. 

Magic Missile is the new Energy Drain.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #56 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
The problem is the general concept of clerics. Clerics = healbots. Basically player-controlled hireling healers.

But I believe it's more of *how* clerics are played. Most think that it's enough for the clerics to stand aside and hjeal. Heal the insane charge-into-traps monk/barbarian. Hjeal from across the map. Hjeal through walls.

Best way to play cleric is to sprint past the entire party and kill everything in the dungeon. Tell the rest of the party to break boxes.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #57 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:15pm:
Best way to play cleric is to sprint past the entire party and kill everything in the dungeon. Tell the rest of the party to break boxes.

FvS already does what Cleric does and with Style!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #58 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:33pm:
FvS already does what Cleric does and with Style!

True. Wings do help a lot.

But I think it looks cool when the party/raid I'm in completes with me having around 80% of the kills. I feel like going /flex and typing in partychat "not a hjealer - I'm an offensive divine caster."

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #59 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:38pm:
But I think it looks cool when the party/raid I'm in completes with me having around 80% of the kills. I feel like going /flex and typing in partychat "not a hjealer - I'm an offensive divine caster."

Yes, making a strong char out of an inherently weaker class is truly commendable.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Clerics aren't weak... they're just misunderstood.

Racist.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #61 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:15am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:54pm:
Racist.

No.

Classist.

Yes.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #62 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Clerics aren't weak... they're just misunderstood.

Racist.

I thought clerics were there to carry soul stones?

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #63 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 3:37am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 11:15pm:

Smiley this. love it.

I can't stand healbots. Honestly. If someone joins my lfm and does nothing but stands around and heals, I get irritated. I don't consider it useful at all. Ppl need to learn to carry their own heals. And why do I say this? Because I played the healbot. It's a huge pain in my ass, because ppl do not understand how healing works. They assume u can teleport like hirelings and heal through walls, etc. I've had barbarians zerg around from one part of the dungeon to the other, yelling at me because I'm not healing him. ffs. Heal yourself.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:18am:
I thought clerics were there to carry soul stones?

That's my bard.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #65 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 4:26am
Print Post  
I don't think preaching " get your own hjeals " like every shitty newb bio is the way to go now.
Back when you could implode all Fens, yes, you could play a demigod/dess, no need for "puny melees that can't get their hjeals".

My cleric shits on most fvs, palemasters and melees DC wise or kill count wise but I better hjeal some to justify bringing the toon instead of ranger or monkcher or Cetus.

Heroics gives you wrong impression but have no illusion in EE against 300k bosses, you IN FACT do no fucking dps at all spamming SLAs in Shiradi or DPing.

Got godly DCs, killing "power per shrine" ? Then go ahead without ONE Renewal on anybody but if you don't do shit and feel like Cleric icon gives you some superpowers, drop the primadonna nonsense.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2014 at 4:32am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #66 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 4:39am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 4:26am:
My cleric shits on most fvs, palemasters and melees DC wise or kill count wise but I better hjeal some to justify bringing the toon instead of ranger or monkcher or Cetus.

Heroics gives you wrong impression but have no illusion in EE against 300k bosses, you IN FACT do no fucking dps at all spamming SLAs in Shiradi or DPing.

I'm not saying that divine shouldn't heal at all. If you can heal (on any toon that isn't meleing a boss), I think you should try and keep your party members from dying. It's not too hard for a dp'ing divine to switch target and throw a mass cure/ heal between cool downs. But, if the melee dies in 1-2 hits from that 300k boss, he shouldn't be meleing it in the 1st place.

Also, if you're running ee's and you need a healer tied to your ass to be able to dps, reroll.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2014 at 4:41am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #67 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Oh yeah, just saying that be careful pulling the "I am a caster sent to Earth from baby Jesus, I don't need you silly melees to do this" card these days.

Too many are still one their high horses, how many " I am a battle cleric" , "scrolls are not cheap", " don't like the way I hjeal ? fuck you", are there ?
Then when they face 2 or 3 trash mobs, suddenly they cry for help™.
Primadonnas living in the past.

Don't cuss at pugs Micki !

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #68 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:37pm:
Oh yeah, just saying that be careful pulling the "I am a caster sent to Earth from baby Jesus, I don't need you silly melees to do this" card these days.

So, what you are saying is that you have no fucking clue as to how a divine caster should be played. Really, no one should be surprised.

In this game, melee toons are played by unskilled hacks who probably spend their days asking "You want fries with that?" They are the absolute bottom of the heap, and should be treated as such. That applies to their toons as well.

If your divine caster can't solo all non-raid content on EE, it is time to reroll into something more suited to your limited skill level.

By the way, baby Jesus calls my 17/2/1 cleric/FvS/wizard "daddy". Smiley

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #69 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 4:37am
Print Post  
You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Hehehe, reroll into what ? Some dumb ass Shiradi ? Ten year old can play that.
Your anti melee hysterics were fun on motherforums 2 years ago, I'll give you that.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:37pm:

Too many are still one their high horses, how many " I am a battle cleric" , "scrolls are not cheap", " don't like the way I hjeal ? fuck you", are there ?
Then when they face 2 or 3 trash mobs, suddenly they cry for help™.
Primadonnas living in the past.

Don't cuss at pugs Micki !

What happens when the melee is not worth the effort of healing? You know the type the ones you spam heals at and they still find a way to die and take forever to kill a mob, those ones I just cut my loses and resign myself to carrying their soul stone between shrines.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #71 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
What I find sad about the whole thing is the one thing I decided to cap is a FVS. And it is the toon I am least comfy pugging with random humans Sad

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #72 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 9th, 2014 at 6:53pm:
What I find sad about the whole thing is the one thing I decided to cap is a FVS. And it is the toon I am least comfy pugging with random humans Sad

Only humans?

Racist.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 1:03am
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Mar 8th, 2014 at 2:45pm:
So, what you are saying is that you have no fucking clue as to how a divine caster should be played. Really, no one should be surprised.

In this game, melee toons are played by unskilled hacks who probably spend their days asking "You want fries with that?" They are the absolute bottom of the heap, and should be treated as such. That applies to their toons as well.

If your divine caster can't solo all non-raid content on EE, it is time to reroll into something more suited to your limited skill level.

By the way, baby Jesus calls my 17/2/1 cleric/FvS/wizard "daddy". Smiley

It's not a monkcher. GTFO.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #74 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 1:14am
Print Post  
I like fries.

Hm... I wonder what are the odds that the theory where melee toons = bottom of the player pile skills-wise is? I mean... Stoddard is a sorc.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint