Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) help (Read 7018 times)
klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

help
Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
someone show me the ladder exploit please, or just explain it so that someone who doesn't understand anything exploits can make it work

please, sharing is caring.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: help
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:20pm:
someone show me the ladder exploit please, or just explain it so that someone who doesn't understand anything exploits can make it work

Dude, we can't tell you the specifics. There are Turbine employees in here, too. So, if we give you the specifics, they might fix it. And we don't want them to fix the ladder bug anymore.

If you know about the ladder bug, then you can go find it, glitch it on purpose, and then try the many, many things you can do with it.

Just experiment. Sorry - like I said, can't give details. It'll take you around 5-10 minutes. If it doesn't work for you, then no biggie, just keep playing the way you were.

They won't be able to fix the ladder bug for a loooooong time, it has been in existence since ladders appeared in DDO.

But still - no specifics.

The other exploits might also be worth looking into. Again, EXPERIMENT.

Cheers!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes

First of all, unless I'm being sarcastic, I almost never b.s./troll people on purpose.

There may or may not be an exploit having to do with ladders. You can use ladders to create a kind of lag. Any time you get hung up on a ladder where you go up/down/up etc. at the bottom can cause this lag. You can make it happen on purpose on some ladders by jumping and landing at the bottom of the ladder while moving forward to go up the ladder.

Turn on auto-run, now you have a little instance of self-made looping lag.

Ok, certain things can be used during lag without being lost. This is NOT 100% reliable.

Put those pieces of information together, and you have a potential exploit. Some people claim some ladders work better than others.

That's all I got.

I don't personally use the ladder thing. But I know that it works sometimes.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
As the self-appointed ladder bug researcher, I'd have to agree with Meat there. This is not 100%.

Just have it that certain... interesting things... can be done and can happen whilst bugged and lagging.

Also, there might be an ultra-uber-cool-kids' club in here who are able to access a super secret thread where they share their most intimate secrets that we don't know about.

May the ladder bug glitch you out in a positive way.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:09am
Print Post  
PM epoch...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:21am
Print Post  

I'm not sure where to start helping you because there's so much help you seem to need.

Would you like to buy the ladder Exploit book I wrote?

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

We cannot openly post this here on forum - it would get fixed asap.

So, either figure it out from what you read here, or PM Epoch for exploits...

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:09am:
PM epoch...

Yes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:50pm:
As the self-appointed ladder bug researcher, I'd have to agree with Meat there. This is not 100%.

0% for me, so far.

I consumed 9 stones at 9 different times, bugging out on 9 different ladders.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:11pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Er... you don't just find a ladder, bug yourself, and *exploit.* You missed out on a step or two.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:58pm:
Er... you don't just find a ladder.

Ladders find you.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:45pm:
Ladders find you.

I liked this for some reason.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:58pm:
Er... you don't just find a ladder, bug yourself, and *exploit.* You missed out on a step or two.

That's curious... I've read what instructions were available 274 times over. Not sure what I happening to be blindly looking past, But I will continue to try things out, as I've been doing.  Tongue

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Haha!

Sorry, man. It might have something to do with my system and slow internet which helps any "hidden feature" attempt.

Did you try the GS mouseover thing as suggested before?

Oh. Attempt to use the xp gem BEFORE you glitch yourself. Then when you're bobbing up and down, while you're doing the ultra super secret method of awesome exploitative hidden feature easter egg, hit okay.

If not, no biggie, it's only XP gems.

What I want to know is if this will help with the *other* hidden features (box duping) that I keep hearing about. Find a bank near a ladder. Do the regular stuff - glitch on ladder - ultra super secret method of awesome exploitative hidden feature easter egg - profit.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:38pm:
Haha!

Sorry, man. It might have something to do with my system and slow internet which helps any "hidden feature" attempt.

Did you try the GS mouseover thing as suggested before?

Oh. Attempt to use the xp gem BEFO... *Snip*.

I have found it quite difficult to mouse over while clicking "yes" if you know what I mean. But yes, I've tried that.

As for the "hidden feature"... If that is what I think it is,  Then I have to say, I never really considered applying that to here.... Hmmm...  Wink

Unless it's not what I think it is. Roll Eyes Back to work! (not real work, experimenting work)

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #15 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
I have found it quite difficult to mouse over while clicking "yes" if you know what I mean. But yes, I've tried that.

As for the "hidden feature"... If that is what I think it is,  Then I have to say, I never really considered applying that to here.... Hmmm...  Wink

Unless it's not what I think it is. Roll Eyes Back to work! (not real work, experimenting work)

Good luck!

If you find anything, remember Fight Club.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #16 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Don't be stupid. They will NEVER with the ladder bug. Unless they remove all the ladders from the game!

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 6:19am
Print Post  
CanIHazYourStuff wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 9:20pm:
Don't be stupid. They will NEVER with the ladder bug. Unless they remove all the ladders from the game!

That is the intention though. They're replacing them all with wind turrets. We discussed it on ML before it closed down.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:45pm:
In Soviet Russia, ladders find YOU!

FTFY
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 8:07am by Persiflage »  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
actually..uhm thanks everyone for replying

it made me realize that even though this place often tends to have bad rep from people on the motherboard forums im am actually truely surprised by the nice posts and messages that actually do help me in a more positive direction and light.

So, thank you honey and meet, and ladders finding me.

Just one question...since im a gimp at doing the "ultra super secret method of awesome exploitative hidden feature easter egg"...Why Epoch? and is he banned or something? or like a lead developer in bug expoitation development..in which him and a handful of others know other "ultra super secret method of awesome exploitative hidden feature easter egg".

In all honesty, thanks for the positive feed back, and yeah i guess I was kind of trolling at first, but I get it now.

So thanks for your contributions and explanations.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:00am
Print Post  
The pm Epoch thing is, as far as I can surmise, a way to troll Epoch.

Also, you can PM Yobai, too.

Yeah - the Vault is actually a collection of people who are actually pretty nice but likes to pretend to be dicks.

Also, you'll find a lot of awesome stuff here. Funny, sometimes racist, insulting, depraved - but funny.

I recommend checking out the Vault of Drama. Some of those threads had me giggling at work, which was most unbecoming.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 3:00am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:00am:
Yeah - the Vault is actually a collection of people who are actually pretty nice but likes to pretend to be dicks.

What? How can you give away our secret?

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 8:11am
Print Post  
I'm not sure what everyone is so worried about; as far as I an tell, Turbine doesn't even understand what the ladder bug is, to begin with.

I remain convinced that they have a policy of not hiring anyone who is actually interested in video games or D&D.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #23 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:00am:
Some of those threads had me giggling at work, which was most unbecoming.

Mortician?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #24 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Mar 7th, 2014 at 12:49am:
ac
Just one question...since im a gimp at doing the "ultra super secret method of awesome exploitative hidden feature easter egg"...Why Epoch? .

PMing Epoch is a strong Vault tradition. Epoch has a long reputation for being filled with hate, violence, anger, and hatefulviolentanger. So, he was appointed Vault PM Inbox as a way to benefit both himself and Vault newbs. It's a win-win.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint