Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So.. theres this douch spamming crap.... (Read 7460 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: So.. theres this douch spamming crap....
Reply #25 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 11:31am:
Alright. The prizes from Cordovan are currently as follows:

• x5 Point Codes valued at 500 TP per server
  • xY Wayfinder Sceptres per server (really pretty sceptre.. it really is)
  • Possibly a cosmetic robe - Hide and Sneaky in features, similar to the robe of knowledge, im
    inquiring upon the man to have it made.. Cheesy

I take it back - that is excellent news that Turbine are supporting you.  Good on you for doing this and for Cordo supporting it.
+1 Olath!   Grin

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Agreed. It is awesome that the did something for the players.

Why didn't they start this sooner? Like... 8 years ago? Loving their customer base would have given them more players.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
Wasn't Carrianne doing something like this too? You're not Carrianne, no? Or are you?

Carrianne (Guerric) and I are both doing Trivia on Saturday the 8th at 2pm eastern.

I am also doing a second run Through on Orien with my own game, hide and seek trivia, as well as a run through all the other servers.

All of my alts that matter on Orien are listed in my Sig, there are a lot of mules, event toons, and the such that are not listed, but id need moar room.. Cheesy

NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
Also, I suggest you host it in "scenic" areas - atop a tower in the harbour, near the (now-gone) reincarnation trainer in house J, just outside the bank in house K, et cetera. Also, make sure that the hidey places are in the same instance - you wouldn't want folks with Teleport to outdistance those that don't. And try to limit it to areas where any new guy can go - meaning you don't need wings to get there.

And there should be something in Korthos!

I already have all of my hide spots picked out, and the clues for finding them. One spot for each house, enclave, Korthos, harbor, market, and 3bc. all locations are easily gotten to on a level 1, str dumped, jump dumped toon, ive tested it.. Cheesy A few spots are more easily gotten to with feather fall, however it is not required to access the locations.

The meeting points once found have almost all been determined, im still working out a few to fit the basis of lore questions ive currently thought up. Most of the questions are easily answered if you payed attention to the story lines of each house. If not, oh well Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:45pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #28 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Isn't 3bc a p2p pack?

Cuz... I don't remember quests there...

Also, I suggest *starting* the event with another toon, then log off and into the pre-hidden toon. Just to prevent imaginative (Sunnyshadow!) minds from scoping you out prior to the start of the event.

And the channel used should be awesome. Suggestions:

/joinchannel Titan
/joinchannel Hideandseek
/joinchannel Sunnyshadow
/joinchannel HappyDisciplinedDedicated

=D

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #29 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:50pm:
Isn't 3bc a p2p pack?

Cuz... I don't remember quests there...

Also, I suggest *starting* the event with another toon, then log off and into the pre-hidden toon. Just to prevent imaginative (Sunnyshadow!) minds from scoping you out prior to the start of the event.

And the channel used should be awesome. Suggestions:

/joinchannel Titan
/joinchannel Hideandseek
/joinchannel Sunnyshadow
/joinchannel HappyDisciplinedDedicated

=D

Doh.. ment ataraxia.. not 3bc.. was thinking one thing.. typing another (Reading up on epic 3bc stuff while i work ^-^)

and, the channel is simple, as it will be used for any/all of my events, not just this one..

/joinchannel Events

as far as using one toon to start the event, all my event toons are already placed on each server where they will be starting at for round one. they are also /anon so as to not use the /who tab to find their house location..

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #30 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
You have to start the event in the area involved, with the hiding toon already pre-hidden.

You see, the problem with NOT starting in the house is that higher level folks can teleport via spells and scrolls. A poor paladin can't keep up with that.

As an alternative, you can start the event with the players near an unrelated teleport portal, like the ones in House K, house D, house P, and house J. That way, *everyone* gets to have a teleport handy to the area that they think they can go to.

Also - isn't Ataraxia level restricted?

Waterworks instead =D

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #31 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Scratch waterworks. That's a slayer area.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #32 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:16pm:
You have to start the event in the area involved, with the hiding toon already pre-hidden.

You see, the problem with NOT starting in the house is that higher level folks can teleport via spells and scrolls. A poor paladin can't keep up with that.

As an alternative, you can start the event with the players near an unrelated teleport portal, like the ones in House K, house D, house P, and house J. That way, *everyone* gets to have a teleport handy to the area that they think they can go to.

Also - isn't Ataraxia level restricted?

Waterworks instead =D

im checking the level restriction, not sure if its 5.. or what.. ~shrug~ might just can ataraxia. not sure

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #33 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:19pm:
im checking the level restriction, not sure if its 5.. or what.. ~shrug~ might just can ataraxia. not sure

Ataraxia is also a slayer area. Except for the resort, each player/party will have their own instance.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #34 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Bored.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #35 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Poor Ataraxia

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:19pm:

Wiki says Ataraxia is ml 7.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:17am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:34pm:
Carrianne (Guerric) and I are both doing Trivia on Saturday the 8th at 2pm eastern.

I am also doing a second run Through on Orien with my own game, hide and seek trivia, as well as a run through all the other servers.

All of my alts that matter on Orien are listed in my Sig, there are a lot of mules, event toons, and the such that are not listed, but id need moar room.. Cheesy

I saw Guerric (this name I don't know, so that's why I called him Carrianne) spamming titan and social channels about the event.

I'm awful at trivia, so I do not plan to participate, but I think this is a great idea to get players, and especially new players engaged.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #38 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:19am:
I saw Guerric (this name I don't know, so that's why I called him Carrianne) spamming titan and social channels about the event.

I'm awful at trivia, so I do not plan to participate, but I think this is a great idea to get players, and especially new players engaged.

It is my intention to do a few rounds of strickly Hide and Seek, just for those who normally would not join the event for lack of knowledge on the Lore. These rounds will be set up a little differently. Im still thinking of a way to include others. XD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint