Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The real reason for heavy moderation on main forum (Read 14470 times)
NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: The real reason for heavy moderation on main forum
Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
This entire shenanigans were a long time in the planning - right Majmal?

The bring out dice which are Turbine (broke).

The hotfix that they're bringing out to fix the Turbined (broken) stuff would probably Feather (fuck up) stuff.

They hope that the higher ups won't notice the Turbined (broken) and Feathered (fucked up) stuff at least until they've jumped ship, so they Cordovan (heavily censor everything they want to) with Tolero (EXXXTREME PREJUDICE!!!) until they figure up some way to fix (no DDO term for fix) this.

Seriously though - I appreciate how Cordovan attempted to help celebrate the anniversary. Commendable as the Community Manager. However, wtf, man. Wtf are they doing by deleting stuff that are in no way against the forum policies. Gestapo much?

Majmal - there are thousands of posts sucking up to turbine. Why aren't those being deleted?

This was all Majmal'ed? (Claimed to be a long time planning).

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:46am:
Maybe it is because 30 theads on a single thing is enough.

I don't know, is it? "Enough" is what is required to actually get a fix for what you guys break. If you are seeing 30 threads on a subject, it is because prior experience has shown that 29 threads are not enough to get you guys to do what quite obviously you should be doing.

Turbine's own arrogance has crafted the DDO customer experience. The cause, and solution, is staring right at you in the mirror every single morning.

I love you guys.

Your request to fellate me is denied.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:31pm by GermanicusMaximus »  

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:30pm:
I don't know, is it? "Enough" is what is required to actually get a fix for what you guys break. If you are seeing 30 threads on a subject, it is because prior experience has shown that 29 threads are not enough to get you guys to do what quite obviously you should be doing.

Turbine's own arrogance has crafted the DDO customer experience. The cause, and solution, is staring right at you in the mirror every single morning.

Your request to fellate me is denied.

You have to understand that over at Turbine, they see their forums and all they choose to see is a bunch of whiners. It would take something drastic for them to shape up. The lay-offs weren't enough.

What we need is someone who'll march up to their office, get their attention (preferably in a non-violent, non-criminal manner), and tell them to their face that they fucked up yet again.

Times like these are why they broke and will probably never fix the bug report feature, and why they'll almost always delete DDOforum posts that points out their ineptitude.

Also - I don't understand why you'd turn down fellatio.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:47pm:
Also - I don't understand why you'd turn down fellatio.

He don't want it from another male?

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
deftest wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 3:29pm:
the mythical dickupine

Ahem... that's "Prickupine".  As in:

"If she had as many sticking out of her as she's had stuck in her, she'd look like a damn prickupine."

Wink

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:50pm:
He don't want it from another male?

How would he be able to tell if he had his eyes closed and if it was a really, really good effort?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #31 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 3:53pm:
That's pretty much what I was gonna reply to his post, thank you for saving me the trouble <3

Agreed.  Pretty much had this conversation with the guy I carpool with (re: complete and utter lack of trust between players and Turbine).

He's been trying to get me to play GW2, but after hearing about this latest escapade (he hears about all of 'em from me), he said "You know what? Maybe I'm wrong - GuildWars might be too boring for you."

Yeah, he never has any cool war stories like this.  Just plays his nice stable game and special holiday events that work and shit.  Logs on in a few seconds and the game just starts first time.  *Yawn*

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
How would he be able to tell if he had his eyes closed and if it was a really, really good effort?

It's OK. I don't judge. If you want MajMal to blow you, its alright by me. I would request, however, that you do NOT post the video on the Vault.  Cool

Oh, and by the way, if you are not watching the person blowing you, you are missing half the fun.  Wink

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:00pm:
Agreed.  Pretty much had this conversation with the guy I carpool with (re: complete and utter lack of trust between players and Turbine).

He's been trying to get me to play GW2, but after hearing about this latest escapade (he hears about all of 'em from me), he said "You know what? Maybe I'm wrong - GuildWars might be too boring for you."

Yeah, he never has any cool war stories like this.  Just plays his nice stable game and special holiday events that work and shit.  Logs on in a few seconds and the game just starts first time.  *Yawn*

DDO.........game of drama lovers............

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #34 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 10:38am:
Ask the QA Kobold Chief since he is lurking in the dark corners of this thread :
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437895-The-TRUE-reason-for-the-AKAMAI-....

You're right, that is helpful and informative. I missed it because you'd said to check the posts today, hence my snarky comments, sorry.

Flav wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 10:38am:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437895-The-TRUE-reason-for-the-AKAMAI-....

Ok, you're just missing a bit of information, some of them are in my post, others are not in my post...

Um, yeah. Maybe I'm missing more than a bit, maybe a kilobyte or two? This one, on the other hand, totally deserves a snarky comment, Flav  Wink I mean seriously, a censored reply to an unlinked and unspecified post by a prolific poster that doesen't even have all the information being referenced? I'm supposed to find that satisfying?

But this just proves we still have the same old Turdbin. This issue was raised on Lamania and we were lied to, and our concerns ignored. Then Turdbin thought they could ram it down our throats anyway. Meanwhile the forums are in an uproar, dissenting opinions are silenced with jackbooted efficiency, and the producers are silent. The only thing resembling communication is a vague paragraph from the head of QA.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #35 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
You can't blame them for the fuckup. It's what they're supposed to do. If the game ran smoothly without any fuckups, then what purpose would QA serve?

What's the official Players' Council stand on this? "We told you so, Turbine." or "Holy shit." or "This has been planned for a long time."?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #36 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I love you guys.

Maybe it is because 30 theads on a single thing is enough.

This.

IP Logged

Jackknife of Sarlona
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:13pm:
DDO.........game of drama lovers............

Some of us love drama so much, we have to come to the Vault for more, and it's usually better. Smiley

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:23am:
My speculation ( yes I got several posts deleted... ) : He was in full damage control mode and just tried to keep his head out of the the water. If that meant that he had to make some collateral damages so be it.

Also, At that time Turbine was trying to flush the thing under the carpet ( they didn't have any numbers how bad it was )... Jerry was just being a good little soldier and followed orders to flush it.

If you look at Today's posts ( read what MajMal just wrote for example ), it seems that somebody at Turbine finally understood that there was a problem and that between the people that switched to Alternate Launchers and those that just stopped playing, it's going to hurt their bottom line pretty fast.

Now we just have to see if it's going to be the usual Turbine Meltdown ( go for something abusive that gets everybody irritated, to manage to sneak something ) or if they are really going to take into account what us ( the end customers ) say.

"puckering"

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 3:19pm:
Love you too snookums.

I stand by my original hypothesis that Jerry is a bag of dicks so full it looks like a porcupine covered in dicks.

Rape is virtually unknown among Porcupine

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #40 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Why can't they just shut down the main forum for "maintenance" or some bullshit reason if they just want to avoid input?

When I was at home, I saw a perfectly logical, well-thought out, step-by-step guide to fix, delete, and bypass the Turbine-brought malware. And it got deleted. Is Turbine so insecure that they have to delete forum posts from users who are more capable than they are?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:25pm:
What's the official Players' Council stand on this? "We told you so, Turbine." or "Holy shit." or "This has been planned for a long time."?

wouldnt they asume that were going to be just as inefectual as mournlands was
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2014 at 11:04pm by deftest »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 4:55pm:
That's what I said about QA when I realized the superawesomeD&D40thanniversaryD20 was broken.

I 100% forgive them for the broken d20.  Maybe even more than 100%.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #43 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:50am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 7:53pm:

Because a good effort does not equate to a job well done.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #44 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:50am:
Because a good effort does not equate to a job well done.

Link please?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:39pm:
This.

You love us too? Awwww how sweet!!! Im touched.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:55am:
Link please?

Link to what? Ask your father.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #47 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:17pm:
Um, yeah. Maybe I'm missing more than a bit, maybe a kilobyte or two? This one, on the other hand, totally deserves a snarky comment, Flav  Wink I mean seriously, a censored reply to an unlinked and unspecified post by a prolific poster that doesen't even have all the information being referenced? I'm supposed to find that satisfying?

He was commenting on my post where I linked Akamai website and especially Akamai Brochure about CDN and the related products.
From reading it it is clear that they were sold the Netsession thing as THE WAY to go for what they needed. ( replacing Pando )
When actually what they needed [ based on what MajMal said in the previous post : a mean to provide an efficient mass download for the whole game ] is the HTTP download service offer. ( the one just above the Netsession )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 3:59am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 12th, 2014 at 8:25pm:
You can't blame them for the fuckup. It's what they're supposed to do. If the game ran smoothly without any fuckups, then what purpose would QA serve?

Officially, I can say without any question :

I warned you, you didn't listen...

I said so several time ( here and on the official forum ) and I stand by it, NDA or not :
I wrote a post Sunday that if Akamai was going live they were going to have lots of unhappy people.

The Council is not monolithic, on a specific topic you will get the whole range of answeres : from the gut reaction against to the I love it so much that I want to sleep with it going through the I don't care one way or the other.

The only difference with the main forum is that in all the cases, so far, we have managed to stay on topic and to give ideas to improve, fix or change in a good way for the game ( we hope ) what has been shown to us.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 13th, 2014 at 3:51am:
He was commenting on my post where I linked Akamai website and especially Akamai Brochure about CDN and the related products.
From reading it it is clear that they were sold the Netsession thing as THE WAY to go for what they needed. ( replacing Pando )
When actually what they needed [ based on what MajMal said in the previous post : a mean to provide an efficient mass download for the whole game ] is the HTTP download service offer. ( the one just above the Netsession )

So the akamai people recommended the net session? haha cunning..................er whatever but still it stumps me as to why we need the net session over the HTTP download thing, use it to update and done till the next update, I don't see or understand how having netsession running all the time is going to make the game run better, they really need to do a better job explaining what it does and the benefits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint