Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Double Fire Dragon Raid (Read 14843 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Double Fire Dragon Raid
Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
EE is rough.

Does anyone know how the trash spawns work in particular?

-Do they every stop?
-What triggers them? (time, dragon HP, killing trash, etc..)
-Other tips for EE?
- Anyone know what the reflex req is for EE on the fireballs?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: Double Fire Dragon Raid
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
They never stop, EE is almost impossible witht he Dungeon Alert red atm

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
it wont be so hard when everyone has full loot from all the new content

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:55pm:
it wont be so hard when everyone has full loot from all the new content

Of course. Too fucking bad you have no clue what you are talking about.

I'm starting to believe that the fire raid on EE is much harder than the Temple one on EE.

Anyway, when the Devastators spawn, you might want 1-3 EiN users, 1 Druid with Earthquake up all the time and at least 1 kiter for the Brutes.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
The problem with ein is keeping them alive between uses but yes 3 i would think would go along way on the trash.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Red dungeon alert is guaranteed when the purple named ellies spawn. And that alert is a bitch on ee. All I know. Oh, and don't go in there without fire absorb. Smiley

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
Of course. Too fucking bad you have no clue what you are talking about.

I'm starting to believe that the fire raid on EE is much harder than the Temple one on EE.

Anyway, when the Devastators spawn, you might want 1-3 EiN users, 1 Druid with Earthquake up all the time and at least 1 kiter for the Brutes.

not just EiN users... but users who have a 50+ Ein, its very helpful to obliterate a full wave at a time.

Also, kiting the dragon who has adrenaline is key, if you dint already know that. typically fight one at east, one at west (or was it north and south.. ~shrug~), have 2 "tanks" with 2 devoted healers, one on each.

Full group break down for EE should look something like this

Healer 1
Healer 2
Tank 1
Tank 2
Druid/CC 1
CC 2
Melee 1
Melee 2
Melee 3
Melee 4
Melee/Ein 1
Melee Ein 2

Heal 1 and tank 1 on dragon 1, Heal 2/Tank 2 on dragon 2. Melee 1-4 bouncing back and forthe between each dragon, as the adrenaline ebbs and flows from the opposite dragon. the CC/Druid 1 and 2 along with Melee/Ein 1 adn 2 on trash duty, alternating Eins every 3 mins or so. whatever the cooldown is on it now.. THis method has worked for EH

If its 5 mins, EIn 1 at 10:00, ein 2 at 8:30, Ein 3 at 5:00.. so there is always an ein going off, every few minutes.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:13pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:11pm:
not just EiN users... but users who have a 50+ Ein, its very helpful to obliterate a full wave at a time.

Also, kiting the dragon who has adrenaline is key, if you dint already know that. typically fight one at east, one at west (or was it north and south.. ~shrug~), have 2 "tanks" with 2 devoted healers, one on each.

Full group break down for EE should look something like this

Healer 1
Healer 2
Tank 1
Tank 2
Druid/CC 1
CC 2
Melee 1
Melee 2
Melee 3
Melee 4
Melee/Ein 1
Melee Ein 2

Heal 1 and tank 1 on dragon 1, Heal 2/Tank 2 on dragon 2. Melee 1-4 bouncing back and forthe between each dragon, as the adrenaline ebbs and flows from the opposite dragon. the CC/Druid 1 and 2 along with Melee/Ein 1 adn 2 on trash duty, alternating Eins every 3 mins or so. whatever the cooldown is on it now.. THis method has worked for EH

If its 5 mins, EIn 1 at 10:00, ein 2 at 8:30, Ein 3 at 5:00.. so there is always an ein going off, every few minutes.

Some good thoughts. Ein is really helpful and Druid cc is almost a must.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:14pm:
Some good thoughts. Ein is really helpful and Druid cc is almost a must.

I try to post only working methods.. this weekend i have done 7 runs, with my above mentioned method on EH, im not sure if it will function on EE, as the lag from red alert sux massivly..

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
That is a good setup we tried something similar on our ee attempts but the lag my god the lag.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:20pm:
I try to post only working methods.. this weekend i have done 7 runs, with my above mentioned method on EH, im not sure if it will function on EE, as the lag from red alert sux massivly..

Depends, I've gotten my EiN to 64 before buffed. I dont know how well it would work on the mobs in there as their cr is higher than stormhorns where it worked about 80%. im sure it targets the lowest save because my qp of 79 missed more than EiN whiffed.

Drifting lotus is really good too, reflex saves same dc as your EiN if in 60s puts anything on its ass all content.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Been working a bit on my druid, looks like I might need to focus a little more on him after all. low 50s  earthquake DC isn't going to cut it, but I'm too lazy for past lives. Guess I'll twist in that 15% chance for -10 saves thing from magister instead of +3 DCs. Hopefully everyone has their own FoM pots now so I can spam sleet storm on top of my EQ  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:28pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:25pm:
Depends, I've gotten my EiN to 64 before buffed. I dont know how well it would work on the mobs in there as their cr is higher than stormhorns where it worked about 80%. im sure it targets the lowest save because my qp of 79 missed more than EiN whiffed.

Drifting lotus is really good too, reflex saves same dc as your EiN if in 60s puts anything on its ass all content.

My EiN is 64ish as well. On EE it works fairly well. I know it worked on Skellies, dogs, and salamanders.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:27pm:
Been working a bit on my druid, looks like I might need to focus a little more on him after all. low 50s  earthquake DC isn't going to cut it, but I'm too lazy for past lives. Guess I'll twist in that 15% chance for -10 saves thing from magister instead of +3 DCs. Hopefully everyone has their own FoM pots now so I can spam sleet storm on top of my EQ  Grin

Just wait until U21.1 you may love Angel with its new stuff. Shadows "SHould" be like an aoe thing or something.. not sure though.. but its like.. -10 to all saves

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:29pm:
My EiN is 64ish as well. On EE it works fairly well. I know it worked on Skellies, dogs, and salamanders.

Nice to know,It's why I assumed EiN uses lowest save - will or fort- on mobs, since it can sweep rooms on low to mid 60s dc.

I tr'd out of The Fist of the North Star build since they butsexed combat mastery to not stack with qp.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm:
Just wait until U21.1 you may love Angel with its new stuff. Shadows "SHould" be like an aoe thing or something.. not sure though.. but its like.. -10 to all saves

Last I knew it's single target.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm:

It's single target, unfortunately. I'm counting on eq + mantle of the icy soul save debuff + sleet storm + twisting in the 15% chance of -10 saves. Maybe get a friendly bard/wiz to cast crushing despair.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:00pm:
It's single target, unfortunately. I'm counting on eq + mantle of the icy soul save debuff + sleet storm + twisting in the 15% chance of -10 saves. Maybe get a friendly bard/wiz to cast crushing despair.

Damn... i had heard on lama they were thinking of increasing the CD, but make it aoe... guess not XD

The rest of that though should work flawlessly (its what the druid used this weekend for EH)

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:00pm:

In our runs, we had two druids with 54ish DC. It was working nicely with the debuffs you mention. This did NOT include crushing despair. I don't think we had that.

One more tip to peopel out there: Bring plenty of res scrolls/clickies on EE.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:19pm:
One more tip to peopel out there: Bring plenty of res scrolls/clickies on EE.

No lockout as of yet. Simply reenter.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #20 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Druid casters are useful again? Too bad I TR'ed lol. I was hitting a 74 EQ dc (still missing some things) with magister -10 twist. Nice part is that it procs on every tic of ice storm and earthquake, so it happens fairly quickly. I think the icing on the cake is that you can also rock a sexy ein with a druid too  Cheesy

I'm guessing with the new stuff you could easily hit 80 now....
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 6:23pm by tachyon »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #21 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Hmm. I have a max wisdom druid (SHUT UP!) maybe I should try and fix her Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
Hmm. I have a max wisdom druid (SHUT UP!) maybe I should try and fix her Smiley

EQ is probably the best cc spell in the game.Targets reflex saves, which is generally weakest in game on mobs. And it has no SR. Straight up save or sit down.

IP Logged

Shat
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:05am
Print Post  
The group setup we had on our EE completion looked like this:

Monkcher
Monkcher
Ranger Monkcher
Wizard AA
Shiradi PM
GMoF Monk
GMoF Monk
GmoF Monk
GMoF Rogue
Blitzer
Blitzer
Healer's soulstone

The idea was to have me and Nix kite the dragons and all ranged/casters DPSing them, while all of the melees deal with trash. It worked well till a point when too many people died and it turned into Rez > EiN > Die while me and Nix deal with dragons. We need to work on making people deal with trash not on the path of dragons lol. Possibly casting some AoEs at mob's spawn points and pulling them somewhere safe to deal with, wouldn't be a bad idea.

@Note:

The group setup didn't look like that because we planned it that way. People just happened to come on those toons without much thinking. The only person who's been told to switch was our Shiradi PM, who wanted to come on Monkcher, but I figured that we could use some arcane lol.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:08am by Shat »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #24 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Shat wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:05am:
The group setup we had on our EE completion looked like this:

Monkcher
Monkcher
Ranger Monkcher
Wizard AA
Shiradi PM
GMoF Monk
GMoF Monk
GmoF Monk
GMoF Rogue
Blitzer
Blitzer
Healer's soulstone

The idea was to have me and Nix kite the dragons and all ranged/casters DPSing them, while all of the melees deal with trash. It worked well till a point when too many people died and it turned into Rez > EiN > Die while me and Nix deal with dragons. We need to work on making people deal with trash not on the path of dragons lol. Possibly casting some AoEs at mob's spawn points and pulling them somewhere safe to deal with, wouldn't be a bad idea.

@Note:

The group setup didn't look like that because we planned it that way. People just happened to come on those toons without much thinking. The only person who's been told to switch was our Shiradi PM, who wanted to come on Monkcher, but I figured that we could use some arcane lol.

Healer's soulstone?
You brought Thazara?!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint