Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So. What do you think of the new content? (Read 32635 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

So. What do you think of the new content?
Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I haven't touched the new raids, but am curious as to what people think.

I sort of feel I spent 1200 TPs (which I don't regret, they were there and it was a sunk cost and I always say I will shell out for content and it felt the right thing to do) but I don't know I feel I have gotten bang for buck yet, unless the new raids are really fun.

The Haunted Halls felt like a giant Cannith challenge a little, although I enjoyed the doppelganger encounter. The layered explorer area actually feels quite small, the relay puzzles were interesting the first time but I am not sure I felt replayability. My running partner is out of TPs and asked if he should buy and my honest answer was it didn't feel good value.

What about everyone else?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: So. What do you think of the new content?
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Haunted halls is really fun, for me at least. And I loveee the fire dragon raid. No BS, just bam into lair of a pair of reds that definitely lift bro

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
The raids are kinda sorta nice. HH are ok-ish and have a nice D&D feel to them.

I'd say that the price of them is pretty spot-on.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
Haunted halls is really fun, for me at least. And I loveee the fire dragon raid. No BS, just bam into lair of a pair of reds that definitely lift bro

Are you a D and D head? Is this a huge nostalgic thing?

I also played it on a FvS and didn't get a fair few of the secret doors, although some with boosts. I don't know if grabbing a rogue or a pocket rogue would have been more enjoyable.

Speaking of which, has anyone deployed a pocket rogue in there?

(I play solo a lot because I am mostly interruptable and have to afk a lot - did an emergency afk tonight because a bat was circumnavigating my head in the office, and that isn't unknown. So I always rate packs on how much I can solo, which probably isn't fair. But the next level thing I have with rogue skills is a 21 battlebard....)

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Get raids if you have to pick one.
Although recycled skins, that horrible smoke effect and party wiping lag at peak hours are starting to suck.

Haunted Halls is nice to earn some shards maybe but after 10 runs,there is not much to do.
And everything is unbound from there.

Still solid 10 hours of fun imo. You earn that TP during one TR anyway.

You can run EH solo HH without trapper or evasion easily.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:00pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:59pm:
Get raids if you have to pick one.
Although recycled skins, that horrible smoke effect and party wiping lag at peak hours are starting to suck.

Haunted Halls is nice to earn some shards maybe but after 10 runs,there is not much to do.

Still solid 10 hours of fun imo. You earn that TP during one TR anyway.

You can run EH solo HH without trapper or evasion easily.

What I thought. I was a wuss and popped in on normal because I just wanted to explore but I didn't feel pushed. I don't feel strongly about the stuff so I am not hunting gear but I would say if I was short I would pick Thunderholme. I do fear it will turn into another LOB but at least you have a teleport this time.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:56pm:
Are you a D and D head? Is this a huge nostalgic thing?

I also played it on a FvS and didn't get a fair few of the secret doors, although some with boosts. I don't know if grabbing a rogue or a pocket rogue would have been more enjoyable.

Speaking of which, has anyone deployed a pocket rogue in there?

(I play solo a lot because I am mostly interruptable and have to afk a lot - did an emergency afk tonight because a bat was circumnavigating my head in the office, and that isn't unknown. So I always rate packs on how much I can solo, which probably isn't fair. But the next level thing I have with rogue skills is a 21 battlebard....)

Im not a DnD head, but yeah nostalgia. it reminds me of playing paper. When a dungeon takes hours, traps at every corner.

They got the spawns right with the ghosts screaming when they spot you. There is the kobold room where you can man a giant repeating crossbow at the red named kobold shaman. The secret rooms, optional fights, all the boses are red named.Nice little flavor. The music in the new packs nice too, about time.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Stupidly expensive. A single dungeon for 600 TP...

How long til they offer it at 75% off?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
IIRC the Haunted Halls is 550, Thunderholme 650.

I do think were it not obsolete content I would pick GH and Amrath over the Haunted Halls. Thunderholme is the new end game raid so is an easier buy (I hope all you keen buggers haven't duped anything because I would like to try the raid at least).

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Well, flogiston is btc so even with duped scales you still need to run the raids, no ?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 8:37pm:
Well, flogiston is btc so even with duped scales you still need to run the raids, no ?

It was and still is bagABLE. They never learned from Shroud shards.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Haunted halls and the raids are great but the freaking dorf runners, OMFG! Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow, Stun, trip, slow, knockdow...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
For an expansion, not bad. Except huge lag with full party in explorer area and raids.
Wipe wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 7:59pm:
Libram of Silver Magic isn't. It's Btcoa

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
I just got dragged into the Thunderholme raid as an IP last human being in and I am now confused. A nice chap from Loreseekers came to collect me as apparently there was getting lost and Mario to deal with, then everyone died and we wandered around lost for 15 trying to get back to find out wtf happened. I think I has a confuse.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Haven't bought either pack, probably will at some point but not in a hurry and might wait for a sale on either tp or the packs themselves.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:23pm:
Libram of Silver Magic isn't. It's Btcoa

Oh yes I forgot that.
DrOcto said that it will be fixed in some patch. Stats at least, now I am not sure about btcoa thing, but probably.

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 5:21am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:13am
Print Post  
6 bucks for a dungeon is stupidly overpriced?

Go buy a module for pen and paper--I just dropped 35 bucks for one.

I thought 6 bucks was pretty retro--that is what every module was in the 80's. Since HH is a retro cool thing we were trying out, it seems appropriate.

If we were ever going to do such a thing again-is there any particular module you would love to see in DDO?

I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks' but the robots scare people off of it. Hell, I'll learn Maya and make the damn robots myself to see that module in a video game.

Another classic would be G1-3, D1-3 and Q1. We have every single asset already built to pull that off.

thoughts?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:59am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:13am:
Another classic would be G1-3, D1-3 and Q1. We have every single asset already built to pull that off.

thoughts?

That would be amazing, but I'd really like to see a Bloodstone expansion.

HH is worth it, just the first night blind EE was worth the price.

The raids are kinda shitty, but if they can fix the lag the shittiness level might reach tolerable.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:59am:
That would be amazing, but I'd really like to see a Bloodstone expansion.

HH is worth it, just the first night blind EE was worth the price.

The raids are kinda shitty, but if they can fix the lag the shittiness level might reach tolerable.

The Halls of Myth Drannor.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:59am
Print Post  

I thought 6 bucks was pretty retro--that is what every module was in the 80's. Since HH is a retro cool thing we were trying out, it seems appropriate.

If we were ever going to do such a thing again-is there any particular module you would love to see in DDO?

I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks' but the robots scare people off of it. Hell, I'll learn Maya and make the damn robots myself to see that module in a video game.

thoughts?

Never played any of these modules. I had to look them all up.

We already have Q1-3, D1-3, Q! sort of kinda. Gianthold, Menace of the Underdark and the raids to match. And like 4 wilderness areas.

Barrier peaks seems like it has potential for a long many phased quest. All the S series are unusual. White Plume Mountain, and Tomb of Horrors would be fun, guess at that point you just do S-4 too.

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh could also be goofy in a Delirium quest sort of way. I hear it's scobby doo spooky mansion like.

Think you guys can pull of something like Dead Gods? Many quest flagging system that takes us in search of an artifact in a race with The Demon Prince's minions. And then a raid against Orcus, cos we're level fukin 30.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:05am
Print Post  

thoughts?

Dark Sun.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:12am
Print Post  
I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks'

Fuck yeah!

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I'm dating myself here but resurrect D&D gold box stuff. pools of radiance. that would be awesome IMO.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:59am:
Barrier peaks seems like it has potential for a long many phased quest.

H1-4 are set not far from Cormyr....
And yeah, Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bond and Pool of Darkness would be awesome.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #24 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:22am:
H1-4 are set not far from Cormyr....
And yeah, Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bond and Pool of Darkness would be awesome.

the story is already written so that would save some time. now that would be a return to a classic!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint