Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So. What do you think of the new content? (Read 32703 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: So. What do you think of the new content?
Reply #125 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
jaggedmonk wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:22am:
Its a pipe dream, but I'd like to see Dragon Mountain. 
The quest to find the mountain could be placed as multiple short flagging quests. 
Kobold AI would have to vastly improve for the mountain portion, as they should be kept with low HP and devious tactics to maintain module flavor. 

Yes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Realism51
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I don't really care too much for the raids, but the Haunted halls makes it worth it. Very immersive and massive, not as massive as the original by Ed, but man alive can you spend hours in that place just hunting around. Just really wish I could hear the ambiance - keep being told its really great.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #127 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 8:24am:
You've never read the Tomb of Horrors module or you've never been at the receiving end of it.

The rewards suggested by The Oracle are fitting.
Forget Mana Pots, Forget Bells, The most important Items are going to be : Raise Cakes and Efreeti Anvils. ( you'll need to have a big stack of the first one... the second one is to repair your gear once you've died enough time for it to start breaking )

ToH is THAT nasty.

I wasn't commenting on ToH, I was commenting on what I know about Mr. DDO Oracle.

From what I know about ToH, its a whole bunch of no-save PC instadeath. Collapsing rooms, soulsuck gems, poisoned spikes, and then the sphere of annihilation of course.

Basically: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:26pm:
I wasn't commenting on ToH, I was commenting on what I know about Mr. DDO Oracle.

From what I know about ToH, its a whole bunch of no-save PC instadeath. Collapsing rooms, soulsuck gems, poisoned spikes, and then the sphere of annihilation of course.

Basically: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies.

Or have a choice between 2 identical portals. One leads to instant death, the other leads to the next room. And you cant communicate back either.

In a DDO setting it would need to be random each time you go through, because voice chat would mean only the 1st one through is risking anything.

Perhaps also, rather than insta-death at every turn you have buff stripping that includes Guild Ship. Item nullifying like in ADQ1 (also good for something like Isle of the Ape). And the occasional insta-kill with no save.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
if i remember well, there s pretty fine clue how to traverse ToH at very start of it (well, if u enter it via good entrance heh) and couple other clues along the way

IP Logged

Barcode
Korthos Resident

File Not Found! WTF

Reply #130 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Nice size location, but the lag can be a big pain in the ass.  Took my band of misfits guildies in and had 2 wipes the first day do to the Lag monster.  Nice to see a different way to flag for a raid, did not take to much time to flag.

As for the HH's  Sweet,  Back in the early 80s we ran this mod in PnP. it was killer to see it come to life.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #131 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Personally, after completing both Raids and after one exploration of the Haunted Halls, I really like the update.

The only bad thing I see is that fucking purple haze, it blinds me for 10 seconds every time it appears.
At least the raid is long enough that it can be run twice in a row... otherwise I would end up with a headache every time we do a Raidathon.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

SpearNMagicHelmet
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Red Dragon Raid = Typical (Meh), Shadow Dragon Raid (much like Abbott) over thought, wish there was a middle ground.

Haunted Halls was spot on, I wish more quests were designed after beloved modules.  However after a couple of runs thru HH you realize you can skip 75% of the dungeon, grab the two crests and off to the names/chests you go...way to go Turbine.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #133 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:32am
Print Post  
SpearNMagicHelmet wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:38pm:
However after a couple of runs thru HH you realize you can skip 75% of the dungeon, grab the two crests and off to the names/chests you go...way to go Turbine.

It was meant that way...

If you look at the talks in the Lammania Forum it is clear that how they wanted it.

You can go for the Fast Completion and XP/Loot, or oyu can just spend a lot of time in there to get all those optional XPs and Named Loot that lies hidden all around.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #134 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:32am:
It was meant that way...

If you look at the talks in the Lammania Forum it is clear that how they wanted it.

You can go for the Fast Completion and XP/Loot, or oyu can just spend a lot of time in there to get all those optional XPs and Named Loot that lies hidden all around.

Should've done that with Temple of Deathwyrm. First time was quite fun, 2nd time... "Fuck this stupid raid!"

Should double or even triple the exp and chests. Otherwise this shit's not worth running.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #135 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:37am:
Should've done that with Temple of Deathwyrm. First time was quite fun, 2nd time... "Fuck this stupid raid!"

Should double or even triple the exp and chests. Otherwise this shit's not worth running.

They should also increase the drop rate for Phlogistons.
After spending so much time in EH Temple of Deathwyrm, I got 0. This is total BS. I can understand a reasonable grind but this is just BS.

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #136 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:56am:
They should also increase the drop rate for Phlogistons.
After spending so much time in EH Temple of Deathwyrm, I got 0. This is total BS. I can understand a reasonable grind but this is just BS.

They should not only increase drop of Phlogistons but also Dwarven Ingots and Scales.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:28am
Print Post  
yeah, imho its the meaningless grind what is killing this game slowly...turning fun into hamster wheeel. why they cant it make like they do with shroud - when they incresaed drop rates, gave extra chests and some random raid rewards into quest reward lists, i was running it daily with several toons (well, i m not talking about yellow dopant droprate - but who need this when u can complete item in like 12 runs?)

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #138 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:39am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:28am:
yeah, imho its the meaningless grind what is killing this game slowly...turning fun into hamster wheeel. why they cant it make like they do with shroud - when they incresaed drop rates, gave extra chests and some random raid rewards into quest reward lists, i was running it daily with several toons (well, i m not talking about yellow dopant droprate - but who need this when u can complete item in like 12 runs?)

It's been killing the game for years... that's why MoTU/EDs came in. Hamsters abandoned their wheels because... wasn't fun anymore.

Higher difficulties have to offer higher rewards. Good example of this is... FoT. You get guaranteed CoH from EN + base item. On EH it's 1d2 comms + item with tier 1 upgrade. Etc.

Yellow dopant rate is nonexistant. In about ~50 runs I haven't seen ONE drop...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #139 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:08am:
They should not only increase drop of Phlogistons but also Dwarven Ingots and Scales.

The number of Phogistons, Ingots and Scales has been increasing exponentially and landed on every alt I have. Thank you Turbine!

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #140 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
I did 2 more Temple of Deathwyrm tonight and I got 0 phlogistons again.
Total BS again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint