Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So. What do you think of the new content? (Read 32696 times)
Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Re: So. What do you think of the new content?
Reply #25 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Love the shit out of HH, it's just gaming goodness, end of.

The raids, if the lag and stupid dungeon alert was fixed, would be pretty damn sweet. The timing and cooperation needed in the shadow dragon one especially is a breath of fresh air.

Just.Fix.The.Lag !!!  Cheesy

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #26 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:38am
Print Post  
the eidolon necklace's 'eidolon summon' is an asshole. he pulled reaver in an FoT, and almost killed a prepped reaver in a different FoT. Who the fuck wants to swap +4 dex AND con OUT any time you have to prep a mob? They should convert that shadow douche to a clicky; people should bitch.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #27 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:38am:
the eidolon necklace's 'eidolon summon' is an asshole. he pulled reaver in an FoT, and almost killed a prepped reaver in a different FoT. Who the fuck wants to swap +4 dex AND con OUT any time you have to prep a mob? They should convert that shadow douche to a clicky; people should bitch.

wow. does it have pretty good dps? for some reason I thought they mainly made those things to cc monsters...

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #28 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Fuck Cormyr, give us Ravenloft!

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #29 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Not impressed.  The new bow are worse than pinion, so what's the point?  New robes are only useful for a caster or stunning fist monk too.  Both new raids are interesting, but I've got no reason to run them.  Unless they change the raid items, looks like another fail from Turbine.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #30 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I think it's all decent. Loot is a step up for most toons. Explorers are pretty with some unique mechanics. Raids are solid.

Is it mind-blowing? No.

Is it worth getting? Yes.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #31 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Here's 75 dmg mod

Pinion: 25.5base+75dmgmod+61.2avgdmg above base from critsw10seeker+11.5sonic=173.2 avg basic dmg per hit

Wyrm: 32.25base+15fire(+vulnerable)+75dmgmod+31.95avgdmgabovebasefromcritsw10seeker+5%
paralyze+36forcedmg=190.2 avg basic dmg per hit

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:56pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Does Wyrm have expanded crit range?  If not, then Pinion will still come out on top for a lot of builds.  For Furyshot, I don't think it will matter, but for regular pew pew, the crit profile is a big deal.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #33 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:38pm:
Does Wyrm have expanded crit range?  If not, then Pinion will still come out on top for a lot of builds.  For Furyshot, I don't think it will matter, but for regular pew pew, the crit profile is a big deal.

It does not. Pinion crits twice as often.

The question is, how high will the dmg mod have to be? We know it has to be over 50.. Also, consider there are other factors like the paralyze, the mortal fear 1/2 health proc, and slots.

I'd say the Wyrm has a lot going for it for MOST builds.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:52pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #34 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Yeah, most builds greatly benefit from Toxic Shitcloud on armour and weapons.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #35 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Edited my maths where even @ 75 dmg mod Wyrm is ahead.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #36 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
How about 100?

Pinion: 25.5base+100dmgmod+76.2avgdmg above base from critsw10seeker+11.5sonic=213.2 avg basic dmg per hit

Wyrm: 32.25base+15fire(+vulnerable)+100dmgmod+39.45avgdmgabovebasefromcritsw10seeker+5
%
paralyze+36forcedmg=222.7 avg basic dmg per hit

Even @100 dmg mod Wyrm wins.

Kthxbai

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #37 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:13am:
6 bucks for a dungeon is stupidly overpriced?

Go buy a module for pen and paper--I just dropped 35 bucks for one.

I thought 6 bucks was pretty retro--that is what every module was in the 80's. Since HH is a retro cool thing we were trying out, it seems appropriate.

If we were ever going to do such a thing again-is there any particular module you would love to see in DDO?

I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks' but the robots scare people off of it. Hell, I'll learn Maya and make the damn robots myself to see that module in a video game.

Another classic would be G1-3, D1-3 and Q1. We have every single asset already built to pull that off.

thoughts?

Haunted Halls is great.

I would also like to see:
Tomb of Horrors
Hommlet/Temple of Elemental Evil/Return to

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Are the numbers you're using factoring in the expanded crit range?  You're only listing one line of damage for each, so I think that's where the confusion is coming in.  If you're using a damage calculator that factors in the crit range already, then that makes sense, but if you're looking at just the base damage for a regular (not critical) hit, then those numbers aren't as meaningful.

Mostly, I guess I'm asking where the calculated numbers you're using are coming from.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #39 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:16pm:
Are the numbers you're using factoring in the expanded crit range?  You're only listing one line of damage for each, so I think that's where the confusion is coming in.  If you're using a damage calculator that factors in the crit range already, then that makes sense, but if you're looking at just the base damage for a regular (not critical) hit, then those numbers aren't as meaningful.

Mostly, I guess I'm asking where the calculated numbers you're using are coming from.

I'm absolutely taking the expanded crit range into account.

Here's the detailed version:

Pinion: 25.5base (avg base dice plus wep enh)+100dmgmod (total dmg mod BEYOND wep enh)+76.2avgdmg above base from critsw10seeker([((base+dmgmod+seeker)*3)-base)*.2]+11.5sonic=213.2 avg basic dmg per hit

This is where expanded crit comes into play. For pinion you crit 20% of the time. For wyrm you crit 10% of the time. So, for wyrm that number is .1

EDIT: as a matter of fact, you don't WANT most of your dmg to come from crits if you have a choice because it's more sensitive to fortification. In this case, Wyrm only gets better compared to pinion as you add fort of mosters (undead, constructs, bosses, etc..)
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:54pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks.  I didn't realize you were already counting the crits in your formula.  In that case, the Wyrm bow looks obviously better than Pinion (at least when the Wyrm bow is upgraded).

I'm still happy with my welfare weapon for now, though.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #41 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:57pm:
I'm still happy with my welfare weapon for now, though.

Grin  Indeed.

Pinion is still quite a bit better than 3rd place.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #42 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I really like how its actually a grind now, in earlier content everything was hit or miss.  I like the change in item attainment.
oh and I LOVE the shadow dragon raid, fire raid is kinda boring though.  more mindlessness

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:15pm:
Haunted Halls is great.

Tomb of Horrors

^^seconded^^

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Boo
Korthos Resident

Uh-May-Zing.

Reply #44 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
I love it. Haunted Halls is awesome, the loot is good, only tried the Dragon raid but had a blast even tho I joined a gimp pug leading it without knowing and failed twice  Shocked  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #45 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:02pm:
How about 100?

Pinion: 25.5base+100dmgmod+76.2avgdmg above base from critsw10seeker+11.5sonic=213.2 avg basic dmg per hit

Wyrm: 32.25base+15fire(+vulnerable)+100dmgmod+39.45avgdmgabovebasefromcritsw10seeker+5
%
paralyze+36forcedmg=222.7 avg basic dmg per hit

Even @100 dmg mod Wyrm wins.

Kthxbai

Are you applying the extra 20% vulnerable damage to the Wyrm bow? This 20% vulnerable debuff applies to the whole group/raid effectively increasing party dps by 20%. Also, are you applying the 5% chance of cutting the monster HP in half? My rough calcs also show the Wyrm bow coming out ahead. I used 35% armor piercing for tier 2. The Wyrm bow still comes out ahead on 0% fort mobs and comes out way ahead on 100% fort mobs. Vs 100% fort dragons the Wyrm bow is leaps and bounds ahead of Pinion.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
hgm-chi wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 1:15pm:
Haunted Halls is great.

Tomb of Horrors

Elemental Evil trilogy won't happen.

Ah tomb of horrors..be warned I will not let that ship unless it does what it was meant to do.
Kill players often.
Always a great one to pull out with a group of cocky players. Never did play the revamp.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:19pm:

I haz a sad naow Sad

Saal Sad

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #48 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 3:42pm:
Are you applying the extra 20% vulnerable damage to the Wyrm bow? This 20% vulnerable debuff applies to the whole group/raid effectively increasing party dps by 20%. Also, are you applying the 5% chance of cutting the monster HP in half? My rough calcs also show the Wyrm bow coming out ahead. I used 35% armor piercing for tier 2. The Wyrm bow still comes out ahead on 0% fort mobs and comes out way ahead on 100% fort mobs. Vs 100% fort dragons the Wyrm bow is leaps and bounds ahead of Pinion.

I was applying neither of those. They only add to what I was saying.

Part of why I didn't add vulnerable is because it's available via AA.

In any case, it's clear Wyrm is better.

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #49 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:19pm:

Ah tomb of horrors..be warned I will not let that ship unless it does what it was meant to do.
Kill players often.
Always a great one to pull out with a group of cocky players. Never did play the revamp.

Aw, that's too bad.  It's an amazing module.
Tomb of Horrors I could see as some kind of challenge... high water marking how far you get through with no real chance of actually making it.  Or something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint