Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So. What do you think of the new content? (Read 32726 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: So. What do you think of the new content?
Reply #50 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:19pm:
Elemental Evil trilogy won't happen.

Ah tomb of horrors..be warned I will not let that ship unless it does what it was meant to do.
Kill players often.
Always a great one to pull out with a group of cocky players. Never did play the revamp.

No surprise here : ToEE is in Greyhawk.
No surprise there : ToH is the archetype of what we call a PMT ( Porte-Monstre-Trésor ) with a twist.... It's best described as PPPMPTP ( Piège-Porte-Piège-Monstre-Piège-Trésor-Piège )

Translated that's :
- Door-Mob-Loot ( who play Munchkin around here ? Crash the Door, Kill the Monster, Grab the Loot )
- Trap-Door-Trap-Mob-Trap-Loot-Trap

There's a few MERP locations in the various adventure modules that are as deadly as Tomb of Horror ( the Citadels from Courts of Ardor, Angmar, Dol Guldur, Moria, stuff in Shadow in the South... my MERP is bit rusty, oh and Shadow World stuff is worse... the Citadels from the Ahrenreth, the Cloudlords Complex, the Dragonlords Lairs... )

And if you really really hate want to kill your players, there's always all the traps from the old Grimtooth books.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:13am:
6 bucks for a dungeon is stupidly overpriced?

Compared to what you get for $10, yes.

A single dungeon with some average gear - even when that dungeon is huge - just does not come close to Vault of Night, Gianthold, Desert Sands and Vale.

I havent bought a D&D module in 30 years so have no idea what they currently cost - however I know there are plenty of PDFs which can be purchased cheaply. Often free (though I dont know about their legality).

Go buy a module for pen and paper--I just dropped 35 bucks for one.

I thought 6 bucks was pretty retro--that is what every module was in the 80's. Since HH is a retro cool thing we were trying out, it seems appropriate.

If we were ever going to do such a thing again-is there any particular module you would love to see in DDO?

I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks' but the robots scare people off of it. Hell, I'll learn Maya and make the damn robots myself to see that module in a video game.

Another classic would be G1-3, D1-3 and Q1. We have every single asset already built to pull that off.

thoughts?

Ask the PC !!

Smiley

Ive always thought Tomb of Horrors with random trap locations. Maybe even a variable ending so the players are never sure which Lich/Demi-Lich they are facing.

Barrier Peaks would be fun. But players would want to keep the weapons. Perhaps drop on exit for the tech weapons, but the gear remains.

Isle of the Ape would be a great equalizer. Severely limited magic, so the players must rely on their own ability. And even better... no pots, but will have us actually using Heal skill and Healing Kits !!

Ravenloft the module, not the realm.

Desert of Desolation series.

Replace Korthos with The Village of Hommlet (or the player gets the choice where to start). Leads in to Temple of Elemental Evil.

Dont really think we need Vault of the Drow series or Q1. Would be far too similar to what we already have. G1-G3 would be fun.

An entire expansion of Dragonlance would be good. Imagine having lots of dragons in a D&D game !!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  

I thought 6 bucks was pretty retro--that is what every module was in the 80's. Since HH is a retro cool thing we were trying out, it seems appropriate.

If we were ever going to do such a thing again-is there any particular module you would love to see in DDO?

I keep screaming 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks' but the robots scare people off of it. Hell, I'll learn Maya and make the damn robots myself to see that module in a video game.

Another classic would be G1-3, D1-3 and Q1. We have every single asset already built to pull that off.

thoughts?

Yes, S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks just screams to be made into a PC game. If there are plans to convert more modules into packs, this would be the module that I'd focus on.

I'd suggest S1 Tomb of Horrors, but that would be retreading the Necro packs and I'm not sure many people be happy for a retread.

Personally, I'd like to see H1-4 The Bloodstone saga used, but it ain't going to happen.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #53 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Ah tomb of horrors..be warned I will not let that ship unless it does what it was meant to do

I used ToH to end friendships I no longer wanted lol.  It was that brutal.  I got half the party with the blackball.  The other half didn't make it to it.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #54 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Hey Maj, just like to say that the Halls is fricking awesome, it's just like a classic D&D module.  Hell, the map on graphpaper, I love it.  That is a dungeon that would be great if there was a heroic version @ level  12-15 range as well, so more people could experience it. 
Love ed's commentry, it's like having a GM at the table. 
I mean, it's .. it's D&D!  that's what I signed up for. 

Thunderholm explore area - wow.  just wow, great dwarven ruins.

Elemental Evil trilogy won't happen.

Dang.

GDQ series would be great to have. 

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #55 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Ah tomb of horrors..be warned I will not let that ship unless it does what it was meant to do.
Kill players often.

You think you'd ever be able to kill players often without relying on lag / dungeon alert?  LOL

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:16am:
Fuck Cormyr, give us Ravenloft!

Fuck both of those, i came to this game for Eberron. How about you pretend to mix in some planescape and offer us another one of eberron's planes? Fernia or some shit.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #57 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:16am:
Fuck Cormyr, give us Ravenloft!

Ravenloft is the absolute gayest D&D setting of all time. Only Kara-Tur comes close.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #58 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:23am
Print Post  

thoughts?

Got most of them for free from play testing and doing convention work.  Wink

I am particular to the Slavers Series for personal reasons.

IP Logged

The Oak
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:53am
Print Post  

thoughts?

Nah, value is decent for HH and the new raids. Also if you already have the necessary assets, what are you waiting for? Roll out that new content already instead of epicing old stuff Tongue

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #60 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:29pm:
Ravenloft is the absolute gayest D&D setting of all time. Only Kara-Tur comes close.

Because dressing up in our minds isn't?

Personally I'll take 2nd Ed Dark Sun and I would kill for a Slavers module Cheesy (or to be able to play a Mul)

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #61 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:38am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #62 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 4:13am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:38am:
the eidolon necklace's 'eidolon summon' is an asshole. he pulled reaver in an FoT, and almost killed a prepped reaver in a different FoT. Who the fuck wants to swap +4 dex AND con OUT any time you have to prep a mob? They should convert that shadow douche to a clicky; people should bitch.

Um, mine died in the Vale by trash mobs on a test run.  You do know the Reaver resets aggro when he throws, right? (not trying to sound like a dick, just asking)

On a side note, little shadow buddy was loads of fun in tonight's Temple of the Deathwyrm until I got told to take it off.  Angry Grin

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Robairee
Korthos Resident

Message Epoch for Fire
Cave details!

Reply #63 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:55pm:
In any case, it's clear Wyrm is better.

Yea, you're right.  I should have run the numbers.  Not sure if it's better to have something to work towards or better to avoid that grind in the first place.  At least I won't have to worry about the crappy armor choices for monkcher.

IP Logged

Freshly Snipes
Korthos Resident

Beware of the Madstoned
Healer!!!!

Reply #64 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I thought the new content was pretty good, until I ran one of the raids last night for the first time.  I like the Haunted Halls and the explorer area.  Both are loads of fun until you run around with people who dont listen or are fucking idiots. 

Did the Temple of Deathwyrm last night. We didnt get completion and one of our party members was stuck on the shadow side.  Neither got remedied until someone put in a ticket.  Oh yeah, fuck the Mario brothers part in the Deathwyrm.  Never seen so many people want to rage quit before.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #65 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Freshly Snipes wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:52pm:
I thought the new content was pretty good, until I ran one of the raids last night for the first time.  I like the Haunted Halls and the explorer area.  Both are loads of fun until you run around with people who dont listen or are fucking idiots. 

Did the Temple of Deathwyrm last night. We didnt get completion and one of our party members was stuck on the shadow side.  Neither got remedied until someone put in a ticket.  Oh yeah, fuck the Mario brothers part in the Deathwyrm.  Never seen so many people want to rage quit before.

When I have wings I always offer to carry soulstones up the jumping puzzle. Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #66 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Purple Haze blinds me for 10sec every time it appears and  gives me headache after a few time.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #67 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:40pm:
Purple Haze blinds me for 10sec every time it appears and  gives me headache after a few time.

Racist.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #68 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:42pm:
Racist.

Nope Frog.

IP Logged

Freshly Snipes
Korthos Resident

Beware of the Madstoned
Healer!!!!

Reply #69 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
When I have wings I always offer to carry soulstones up the jumping puzzle. Smiley

Yeah that happened last night.  They will find a way to change that.  Also people were getting yo-yo'd back to the start of the raid after dying.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Freshly Snipes wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:10pm:
Yeah that happened last night.  They will find a way to change that.  Also people were getting yo-yo'd back to the start of the raid after dying.

Go to the trap room let mobs kill them, then collect soulstones exit and go into the block jumping puzzle.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Barba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
This thread inspired a proper DnD wiki binge that ended with me downloading copies of Tomb Of Horrors/Temple Of Elemental Evil that I'm gona try and convert into Pathfinder rules for my group.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Tomb is definitely worth it:)

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #73 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:59pm:
Tomb is definitely worth it:) if you no longer want friends

ftfy

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  

heh, maybe i have friends who dont take it so seriously:)

and when we were playing actively we rotate the DM after party wipe, so all have their chance for revenge:)

i think i got it badly at Ravager of time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint