Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dead Island (Read 108 times)
Brosef
Korthos Resident

Master Baiter

Dead Island
Mar 20th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
So I got the kids an Xbox 360 for christmas and got myself a copy of Dead Island (not Riptide). What I'd like to know, is it possible to change/modify skins of the zombies? I have pictures of several people I work with and I'd love to be able to put their faces on the zombies.
Have a bad day at work? Go home and load up Dead Island with your bosses face on zombies. Enter the game and equip your bat. Smash face until stress starts to dissolve.  Keep smashing faces until you start to giggle. Go back to work the next day with a silly grin on your face. Win!!

So, anyone know if it's possible? And if it is, the easiest way to go about it?

I saw a mod somewhere where a guy made the skin of one of the playable characters look like spidermans suit, so it should be possible.

"One of these things is not like the others... one of these things just doesn't belong..."

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Re: Dead Island
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2014 at 3:58am
Print Post  
I don't know anything about xbox but I liked the idea.
Hope you can manage it.
Smiley

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 12:44am
Print Post  
You'll have to have access to resources of the game, if you want to reskin some zombies. It's probably doable on pc, not so sure about xbox. Good luck anyway.

IP Logged

Brosef
Korthos Resident

Master Baiter

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 22nd, 2014 at 12:44am:
You'll have to have access to resources of the game, if you want to reskin some zombies. It's probably doable on pc, not so sure about xbox. Good luck anyway.

I've looked into it and, as you said, it seems it's only possible on the pc. Kinda makes a guy sad that he can't come home from work and smash his way through a horde of zombies with his bosses face on them. Sad

"One of these things is not like the others... one of these things just doesn't belong..."

IP Logged

fuckFoS
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
This would be such a good feature to have... upload pics from your phone to the game, have the game model every enemy from those pictures. Gears of war in particular would have been so satisfying.

"Fuck you grandma, last year you sent me a 50, what is this 20 bullshit!" *Chainsaw to the face*

IP Logged

Realism51
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
I liked the first Dead Island game - dissapointed with the amount of bugs before many got fixed, but still enjoyed it so much I bought the second one, sadly still havent played it. Must have been the zombie phaze I was caught up in.

I think opening it up for others to create mods for it would be super sweet. Otherwise it loses its flavor after a while when you hit those levels where it takes 5 minutes of beating on a zombie cuz you're both like lvl 97.  Reminds me of first time I encountered lvl scaling in oblivion.

IP Logged

Guru-Meditation
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Brosef wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 11:21am:
So I got the kids an Xbox 360 for christmas

So you dont like them...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint