Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Player character Balance (Read 8350 times)
Vault Piker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Player character Balance
Reply #25 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 21st, 2014 at 11:44pm:
Shiradi needs boost. Greaze almost doesn't proc!!111
Make it proc like radiant forcefield.

YES!
That grease proc is one of the funniest things i've seen. It's a part of the appeal to shiradi.
I say make it proc more and add the removed boom from mnemonic as well!
Then we can play shiradi-roulette!

IP Logged

Logar
Korthos Resident

Being awesome is the way.

Reply #26 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
One thing that makes game unbalanced is the power given to ranged (ranged and spells) characters VS melees. Greater risk should have greater reward.

Playing DDO since it's very launch. PM me if you wish to know who I am.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Realism51 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 2:57pm:
Paladins and Bards need the biggest boost out of all classes. They arent getting much love. Pally seems just a rehash enhancement of stalwart and a cross of occult slayer and avenger. Think everything else sits about right at the moment with pos and negs. Course Epic content could give a bit more of a boost to arcanes that focus on DC and direct damage. DC casters are about useless since everything saves no matter how high you get yours. Killed the PM quickly, but so tired of seeing caster shiradi.
Seems every update sees a favorite rise to the top to be replaced by next update favorite. Remember when Clerics where the hot stuff, now clerics are rare and pure clerics as rare as pulling a Lolth IX card.

The initial post implied, at least to me, that they weren't planning to boost anything.

It sounds like they are looking at certain abilities as being overpowered and targets for nerfs.  Mind
you, if that survey is anything to go by the are going to completely fuck it up.  It will be the usual
Turbine effort of cutting off a leg to fix an ingrowing toenail.

I just wish people would learn to play better instead of crying not fair all the time.  I just can't understand
why someone, if they or their build sucks, want others to suck too.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #28 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Vault Piker wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 3:20pm:
YES!
That grease proc is one of the funniest things i've seen. It's a part of the appeal to shiradi.
I say make it proc more and add the removed boom from mnemonic as well!
Then we can play shiradi-roulette!

You and Booga should GTFO and get a room. Go suck up something other than board space.

IP Logged

Logar
Korthos Resident

Being awesome is the way.

Reply #29 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I agree with you knockcocker, nice to see you around here  Smiley .
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:53pm by Logar »  

Playing DDO since it's very launch. PM me if you wish to know who I am.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #30 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Logar wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:37pm:
One thing that makes game unbalanced is the power given to ranged (ranged and spells) characters VS melees. Greater risk should have greater reward.

I agree to a certain extent. Melee options should be a tad more powerful ... QP I'm looking at you. They should bring back the sundering to it as it was a higher DC for an up close effect.

Flipside of that is monks are powerful enough as it is ... as is Legendary dreadnaught and Fury of the Wild .... can't really be too mad at the fact that archers use those same ED's and classes ...

Archer's and thrower builds have been turds for years. They finally got made viable if not preferred and everyone screams nerf .... ffs.

All you really need to do is buff the tank/damage absorption abilities of melee and it will be even imho. No need to nerf a damn thing.

Oh and yeah bards ... also barbarian rage ... they both need some changes.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:00pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Why dont they just make bard sobgs +% to damage scaling with levels and capstone. War chanter could be weapon damage, spell singer should be offensive spell damage or DC buffs like it is now, but just less fail.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #32 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:20pm:
Why dont they just make bard sobgs +% to damage scaling with levels and capstone. War chanter could be weapon damage, spell singer should be offensive spell damage or DC buffs like it is now, but just less fail.

Alot of enhancements and buffs need to be %ages, I think it would be even better if difficulty levels applied a bonus or -modifier to % based buffs and abilities.

eg. Draconic burst does xdamage * (200% spell power * difficulty level mod)

EEmod = 1
EHmod = .5
ENmod = .25
He = .75
Hh = .5
Hn = .25

Now you can make an ability for EE that's not stupidly op in EH/EN content.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:40pm:
Alot of enhancements and buffs need to be %ages, I think it would be even better if difficulty levels applied a bonus or -modifier to % based buffs and abilities.

EEmod = 1
EHmod = .5
ENmod = .25
He = .75
Hh = .5
Hn = .25

Well yes, but whats the point of making EH harder? For people who don't totally optimize, sometimes EH is hard enough (not for me, but I don't make fanciful builds for whimsy) so I mean, if you weakened already poorly built and played characters in order to make EH more challenging but not enough to matter for the top 5-10% of players who really smash EE content, I'm not sure that's actually a good thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2014 at 7:09pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
It's more to allow abilities to scale as the devs intent across all dificulties, balancing something to work in EN and EE is currently not working.

For all I care, EN could be as it is now with a mod of 1, and EE could have a mod of 4.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 23rd, 2014 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
i'm all a twitter, contemplating what ways they will find to reduce the fun of playing ddo, with this round of "fixes".

IP Logged

Barcode
Korthos Resident

File Not Found! WTF

Reply #36 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Balance is a fucking joke, and so was that survey.  Where was the questions about multiclass. This is just a prelude to a nurf. Take Days, weeks, months to get your chr fine tuned and get fucked in 1 update.   Always the same

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:50pm:
You and Booga should GTFO and get a room. Go suck up something other than board space.
GFY. There's no more KAABOOOM from PoW... and adrenaline procs are too low to have fun with it. WE NEED MORE FUN SHIRADI PROCS.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #38 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:42pm:
GFY. There's no more KAABOOOM from PoW... and adrenaline procs are too low to have fun with it. WE NEED MORE FUN SHIRADI PROCS.

There's your ticket out of the gene pool ... have a nice ride!

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:01pm:
http://i.imgur.com/8rpWQ83.gif

There's your ticket out of the gene pool ... have a nice ride!

I DON'T WANNA SEE PICTURES OF YOUR MOM, BEHAVE YOURSELF.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #40 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:07pm:
I DON'T WANNA SEE PICTURES OF YOUR MOM, BEHAVE YOURSELF.

Her bed was made at Ikea ... that one was created from sherman tanks.

As for behaving myself GFY and let your piker friend join maybe you'll get a kaboom.

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2014 at 5:15pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #41 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
My mind has been assaulted by GIFs in this thread.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #42 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:48am
Print Post  
We'd see so many more cool things if the Devs stopped mucking about with balance.

Who cares which class is OP. If you're bored because you have 12 monkchers then, "Duhh".

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:07am
Print Post  
About bards... my first and main toon was a bard. But I stopped playing him since the enhancemet pass hit us. I was hoping to be able to make a viable pure bard warchanter build, but since enhancement pass made multiclassing even stronger than it was I somehow dumped him because I was disappointed. And with my other toons it's so much easier to be a viable party member.

It's a lot easier to play a monk split und carry your own weight in a party than playing a bard. So if you need to be very good to make a class shine and other builds/classes can do well, even if they are played by a noob or newbie, then it is not balanced.

And even if you say bards can do everything if they need to and a good player and builds is combined... noone needs that anymore. Helping out the divines? Even raids are often byoh now anyways, no need to have a bard as backup heals.

Tank is dead... most time this only results in the next dps toon tanking or monkcher kiting the boss/mobs.

Bard songs? At the current powercreep they doesn't matter anymore.

Most of the 'not casual' players seem to aim for self sufficient builds now and even mocking divines who are build for raid healing(healbots).
I know no one in the endgame of ddo who is interested in playing an RPG where different classes cover different roles and one has to trust other players that they do their job. Most players build for toons who can solo everything if needed.
In such an environment there is no room for bards, healbots and even rogues. Most people don't care about traps anymore and just bypass them or know how to survive them.

And in every other MMO I would understand that the most players support that. But a game which is based upon a pen&paper RPG... I would have thought the players want the online game to be an RPG too.
But the current builds and opinions of the endgame players has nothing in coming with RPG anymore. There are no roles, just DDs who can heal themself.
Only difference is if you are ranged/spellcaster or melee...

And first I was happy to see the thread and survey about character balance.... Then I saw their questions in the survey and I closed it again... Not wasting my time for something like that.
I am better of wasting my time in the vault. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:11am by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #44 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #45 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm:
The initial post implied, at least to me, that they weren't planning to boost anything.

It sounds like they are looking at certain abilities as being overpowered and targets for nerfs.  Mind
you, if that survey is anything to go by the are going to completely fuck it up.  It will be the usual
Turbine effort of cutting off a leg to fix an ingrowing toenail.

I just wish people would learn to play better instead of crying not fair all the time.  I just can't understand
why someone, if they or their build sucks, want others to suck too.

yep, that was my interpretation too and what I said in that thread. the way Varg wrote the OP in that thread it sounded like he already had his mind set to sledgehammer nerf stuff and he just wanted to get buy-in from people ahead of time so that he could defend his actions afterwards. If he nerfs monkchers and shiradi there are going to be a lot of people quitting/taking long vacations from the game....

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #46 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 6:40pm:

EEmod = 1
EHmod = .5
ENmod = .25
He = .75
Hh = .5
Hn = .25

no. that would defeat the purpose of having different difficulty levels.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:28pm:
yep, that was my interpretation too and what I said in that thread. the way Varg wrote the OP in that thread it sounded like he already had his mind set to sledgehammer nerf stuff and he just wanted to get buy-in from people ahead of time so that he could defend his actions afterwards. If he nerfs monkchers and shiradi there are going to be a lot of people quitting/taking long vacations from the game....

Yeah, it seems to now have regressed into a forum for a few people to preach about how they
'see the game' - like anyone really gives two fucks what they think (I include Turbine in that).

We're back to happy-clappy everyone contributes, party roles, nerf this, nerf that etc. etc.  Whoever
posted that pic. of crabs in a bucket was right on the money.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:31pm:
no. that would defeat the purpose of having different difficulty levels.

No it wouldn't, as it stands it really is impossible to balance abilities across difficulties.

DC's , extra mobs, improved mob buffs and ai should be the point of difficulty levels, not stat inflation.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #49 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 2:42pm:
No it wouldn't, as it stands it really is impossible to balance abilities across difficulties.

DC's , extra mobs, improved mob buffs and ai should be the point of difficulty levels, not stat inflation.

I must be dense today because it sounds like you are saying player character spells/buffs/enhancements and stuff should only be 25% as effective (or 25% as much damage) on EN and they do on EE...? So my fireball does 300 damage on EN and 1200 damage on EE? So, no matter the difficulty, I have to cast 5 fireballs to kill a monster.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint