Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) PC is not a Fight Club (Read 15411 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

PC is not a Fight Club
Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: PC is not a Fight Club
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
need...

more...

popcorn!  Cheesy

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I would but that update is way too long to read while I'm supposed to be working

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:38pm:

Turbine's cheerleading themselves again.

Turbine: Yay us!!!!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Flav! OMG, you made it into an official Turbine publication in a positive way!

How does that make you feel?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Bunch of bloody cynics Smiley

I do think it's a better direction than Mournlands - stupid ideas stand a stronger chance of being squashed if they haven't made it to near production and it is good they are genuinely appearing to be using you as a sounding board. Time will tell, of course, but it does seem a more sensible approach. The dev team is such a small team that if time's been spent on coding it you do risk a severe amount of "it's my baby"itis if you do it the other way.

IP Logged

Barcode
Korthos Resident

File Not Found! WTF

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
And how much of that feedback and fanboy shit will every make it to live. Only the crybaby put in a easy button crap is my guess.  If they want real feedback they need to NOT babysit there forums and open there eyes.
Put in some easter eggs   up up down down left right left right b a b start

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I posted my feelings about your update on twitter.

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
how is it not a fight club, what exactly did we learn form that post other than how PC members felt about being on the council, everything was either publicly released already or referred to as the thing we discussed that we can't talk about.

It's really not any different than ML except you might be seeing  stuff earlier(which on occasion we did as well).

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Lol, not a fight club. The only thing this update is good for is pr spin.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
arko wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:08pm:
how is it not a fight club, what exactly did we learn form that post other than how PC members felt about being on the council, everything was either publicly released already or referred to as the thing we discussed that we can't talk about.

It's really not any different than ML except you might be seeing  stuff earlier(which on occasion we did as well).

I am not sure if it is because the PC is new and fresh, or ran by Community instead of QA but it does feel different.  PC seems to be far more open to early communication about ideas, and possible changes then ML ever was.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Anyone else get the feeling that Fran exclamationmark got kicked out because he couldn't exclamationmark write a response exclamationmark!one
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:15pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:13pm:
I am not sure if it is because the PC is new and fresh, or ran by Community instead of QA but it does feel different.  PC seems to be far more open to early communication about ideas, and possible changes then ML ever was.

What exactly have we learned from the PC not already released by Turbine? Telling us they are talking about stuff isn't communication, because I would be disappointed if they weren't talking about things that are coming down the pipe.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
*munches popcorn* watching thread unfold....

still they NEED to finish the guild system...

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
arko wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:15pm:
What exactly have we learned from the PC not already released by Turbine? Telling us they are talking about stuff isn't communication, because I would be disappointed if they weren't talking about things that are coming down the pipe.

I was comparing the operation of the program to Mournlands as were you.  The contents and discussion in Mournlands was never made public either.

What I can say is the proposed ideas and flow of communication inside of the PC is far different then what I experienced in ML.  Again, it may only be because the program is "new and fresh", but we are seeing content ahead of time, and the feedback from members is being listened to, and more importantly responded to.

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
I was comparing the operation of the program to Mournlands as were you.  The contents and discussion in Mournlands was never made public either.

What I can say is the proposed ideas and flow of communication inside of the PC is far different then what I experienced in ML.  Again, it may only be because the program is "new and fresh", but we are seeing content ahead of time, and the feedback from members is being listened to, and more importantly responded to.

What happens inside the PC is not what I am talking about, it 's the claim of transparency which is in reality an illusion.

I would also say thhta the last year of ML we saw stuff in various stages of completion and were on occasion asked to comment on things not yet programmed, and yes you could easily say we had much more effect on something the earlier it was seen. this was entirely dependent on what dev we were dealing with. I would say many of the devs who liked to operate in a vacuum are no longer working on DDO, which in general has made the devs more open about future stuff
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:04pm by arko »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:01pm
Print Post  

You're forgetting the other half of this - a lot of what was done in ML has been devolved to Lammania over the last year. And there has been fantastic feedback and actual response from devs over there. Hoping that continues and it's not just a starting off well thing.

Hilarious the stuff that Coldin typed that got out. I seriously thought that would be deleted but no. I basically used my response as a shout out to friends Cheesy

edit: grammering myself... oops.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:06pm by Meli »  

IP Logged

arko
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:01pm:
You're forgetting the other half of this - a lot of what was done in ML has been devolved to Lammania over the last year. And there has been fantastic feedback and actual response from devs over there. Hoping that continues and it's not just a starting off well thing.

Hilarious the stuff that Coldin typed that got out. I seriously thought that would be deleted but no. I basically used my response as a shout out to friends Cheesy

edit: grammering myself... oops.

Agreed I think dev communication has improved in leaps and bounds over the last year, and I hope that continues.

I just think its foolish For Cordovan to say the PC will be transparent when by its very nature it is a closed focus group. Unless they make discussions public after the topic is no longer secret, then the most we will ever see from PC to player communications is the vague we are talking about stuff post that Cordovan put out today.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
arko wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
What happens inside the PC is not what I am talking about, it 's the claim of transparency which is in reality an illusion.

I would also say thhta the last year of ML we saw stuff in various stages of completion and were on occasion asked to comment on things not yet programmed, and yes you could easily say we had much more effect on something the earlier it was seen. this was entirely dependent on what dev we were dealing with. I would say many of the devs who liked to operate in a vacuum are no longer working on DDO, which in general has made the devs more open about future stuff

Well, that sounds like it's headed in the right direction. doesn't it?

(I do have some experience but not in this industry - done a lot of BA / UAT for financial services and also worked for a very tiny and opinionated dot com. And I know once someone has made their thing their baby there can be no stopping them. More floating ideas before someone starts coding can only be good in my book)

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Turbine should stop wasting effort with the bull shit PC and the self sucking and get back to coding.  How about fixing something for a change?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Good to see Muggins Mai is still as retarded as her introduction post showed her to be.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  

Fresh and new is probably right. Lets see what happens when they get close to release time for a major update and they are behind schedule.

Im sure they will provide less and less info to the PC and rush through their own ideas. Only for it to hit Lamania and see the nerd rage.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:02pm:
Good to see Muggins Mai is still as retarded as her introduction post showed her to be.

I actually thought her post was hilarious. Everyone else was like SO SRS and then she comes in with that. Gave me the biggest laugh of my day.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #24 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:07pm:
Fresh and new is probably right. Lets see what happens when they get close to release time for a major update and they are behind schedule.

Im sure they will provide less and less info to the PC and rush through their own ideas. Only for it to hit Lamania and see the nerd rage.

I think you guys think it's:

devs -> PC -> Lamm -> live

I don't think for all topics that is necessarily true. I suspect it's more like a mixture of the following depending on the topic.

1. devs -> Lamm -> live

2. devs -> PC -> devs think about it.

3. devs -> live

4. devs -> PC -> Lamm -> live

5. devs -> PC and devs -> Lamm at the same time with slightly different focus.

It's not that linear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint