Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) PC is not a Fight Club (Read 15507 times)
jaggedmonk
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: PC is not a Fight Club
Reply #50 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Too much text not enough time to waste on it.

Muggins is the only good one to read so far. 
Why did two people have their names withheld from such bland comments?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #51 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:00am
Print Post  
*yawn* Good Morning The Vault !!!

I see you spent good time fooling around with that link.  Grin

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #52 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:00am:
*yawn* Good Morning The Vault !!!

I see you spent good time fooling around with that link.  Grin

Good morning, Europa!

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #53 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:29am:
God morgon Europa!

fify
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:35am by Angry »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #54 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:10am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:38pm:
1 and 3 are going to be the norm again, once time gets tight.

They already had people on ML. They could have kicked out the ones they didnt like (they had no problem doing this over the years) and recruited some new people.

Still shut down the ML server to cut costs, and use ML for feedback.

The whole PC promotion is a marketing ploy to make people think something new and different is happening. It seems to have fooled a few.

HairyO - you sound a bit bitter and twisted about ML.

This discussion has been had many times.
ML and PC are not the same.  Even on ML, you were testing early code, not ideas.
The PC is aimed at stopping crap Turbine ideas early in development before they get momentum and become someone's pet project.

It is a 1 year term focus group.
Who friggin cares if it is successful or not.
If it is - great!  If it isn't, how are we worse off?  Just another Turbine dud idea.
You're right, it could be a marketing ploy - but to what end?  The existence of the PC gives me no more or less faith in Turbine than I had before.  And I feel no need to attribute success to either Turbine or the PC.

So lighten up.  The PC exists whether you like it or not, and ML days a fond memories.  Time to move on bro.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #55 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:23am
Print Post  
It'd be awesome if Strakeln put in a post somewhere in there that promoted The Vault.

Something along the lines of, "If you want to know what the PC really is without being EXXXXXTREME PREJUDICED!!!!1!!!!111 pm Strakeln for details. If you want doughnuts and love, pm Fran.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #56 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:23am
Print Post  
They didn't put mine in.

Just for that I'm going to leak all the PC information here.

We spoke about turning DDO into a Turnbased MMO like the original Neverwinter was. The problem that Turbine has been having is that the game is too hard for new players so on all difficulties except Elite, they are going to be adding in a pause type button that you can use to set up a whole string of commands (drink a pot, heal scroll, cleave etc.) and then resume the game. Apparently it will be effective for the entire instance (so you pause the entire party). The Haunted Halls Extended version unlock was the start of the technology so that using completions you are able to enable certain features on the LFM panel so people know that they are going to be joining a turn-based party etc.

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #57 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:23am:
They didn't put mine in.

We spoke about turning DDO into a Turnbased MMO like the original Neverwinter was. The problem that Turbine has been having is that the game is too hard for new players so on all difficulties except Elite, they are going to be adding in a pause type button that you can use to set up a whole string of commands (drink a pot, heal scroll, cleave etc.) and then resume the game. Apparently it will be effective for the entire instance (so you pause the entire party). The Haunted Halls Extended version unlock was the start of the technology so that using completions you are able to enable certain features on the LFM panel so people know that they are going to be joining a turn-based party etc.

This is hilarious.

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Before reading that thing I had no idea what is PC doing (except for meddling with future updates).

After reading that thing I have no idea what is PC doing (except for meddling with future updates).

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #59 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:19am
Print Post  
they are going to be adding in a pause type button that you can use to set up a whole string of commands (drink a pot, heal scroll, cleave etc.)

No. Just no.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #60 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
They didn't put mine in.

Retarded idea is Retarded.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #61 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:32am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:19am:
No. Just no.

Can you imagine that entire sequence being done in a raid? WITH STODDARD LEADING IT?!

Utter chaos.

40 minutes of verbal abuse, several in-game reporting, arguments, linking gear, et cetera - and all BEFORE buffing in the raid.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #62 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Typical pug after the pause implement:

*pushes pause button*
sound of mom yelling in the background
*goes AFK for 30 minutes*

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #63 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
...and those were the last days of the raid pugs. After that day, all raids were done solo only.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #64 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 4:14pm:
Anyone else get the feeling that Fran exclamationmark got kicked out because he couldn't exclamationmark write a response exclamationmark!one

I heard that he couldn't do it without capitalizing every other word. After being told that it wasn't acceptable behavior, he called them all elitists and left party.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #65 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:02am
Print Post  
They didn't put mine in.

Personally I really liked the idea, it will allow me to play when I'm on Call... If I get called I just pause the whole instance and deal with the problem... Then when I've solved the problem I can come back and my party can get going in the quest.

We had a nasty fight if the pause function was muting voice chat or now... Some wanted it to mute the chat while other didn't. In the end it will be a selectable option.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:04am by Flav »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #66 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:02am:
Personally I really liked the idea, it will allow me to play when I'm on Call... If I get called I just pause the whole instance and deal with the problem... Then when I've solved the problem I can come back and my party can get going in the quest.

That might work in my favour, too.

It's just that I find that the rest of the party might object to me holding pause for 3+ hours...

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #67 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Elite WW zerg, all welcome, if you touch the pause button I will find you and I will kill you.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:23am by NOTdarth »  

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #68 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Apparently it will be effective for the entire instance (so you pause the entire party).

So basically crippling lag except less often and (supposedly) the mobs don't get to move either.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #69 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:02am:

We had a nasty fight if the pause function was muting voice chat or now... Some wanted it to mute the chat while other didn't. In the end it will be a selectable option.

are you guys for fucking serious????? Please tell me this is a coordinated/duo troll job.

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:24pm:
are you guys for fucking serious????? Please tell me this is a coordinated/duo troll job.

You need help to see that?
Its either few vaulties trolling people or turbine trolling players.
Feel free to pick one that is more possible, but before saying 'meh, its vault' remember that turbine are kind of... special.

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #71 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
The PC s are all meat puppets that spend there time in a place game that has nothing to do with bettering the game . Now unlike here where everone is treated with respect, value ,honesty , and clairity , burb ah new batch of beer i just made , ops and trying to make the game better for all. Turdine needs to learn from all the greatness that is a shinning example of how it should be done here on the Vault. Cheesy

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #72 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:10am:
HairyO - you sound a bit bitter and twisted about ML.

This discussion has been had many times.
ML and PC are not the same.  Even on ML, you were testing early code, not ideas.
The PC is aimed at stopping crap Turbine ideas early in development before they get momentum and become someone's pet project.

False.  We tested both pretty equally.  Especially in the last year.  You don't even know how many shit things were averted or aborted or put back on the drawing board or ignored and rammed down throats anyway.

You have no fucking clue at all.  If you don't believe they are doing the exact same thing to the PC you are deluded.  We had a term for when they came to us early with something called 'Eldadrining' by some.   

It basically meant showing us utter shit/ we give feedback / they alter it slightly so we are happier all the time the second slightly less shitty version was the one they wanted.  They only showed us the first to get the rage over with.  The idiots fell for it every god damned time.

Eladrin did this shit all the time both on ML and live.  A few others picked up the slack when he went over to Infinite Moneysink.

Besides from talking with a couple people I know on the council they are not seeing anything in initial feedback form that ML didn't see in its last few weeks yet.

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #73 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
SO Meatpuppets agreat punk band or not so great  . LMAO

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #74 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:24pm:

It is NOT a coordinated/duo troll job.

Now you can (ab)use that statement as long as you want.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint