Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Am I a jerk? Or are people just fucking clingy? (Read 30759 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Am I a jerk? Or are people just fucking clingy?
Reply #50 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:11pm:
You seem like you're smart and funny, but also like you could be a HUGE prick and that looks down on everyone because you're really insecure and just want be good enough.

I also might be any/all/none of those things, but I've NEVER abandoned a pug, I waste hours helping strangers in this game I don't know, even when they're fucking hopeless.

Why? Because I want more people to play with who are as good as me. The only way that ever happens, is by offering to teach those who don't know. That's it. When you teach someone something in this game, it gets better for EVERYONE. When you're a prick, it gets worse for everyone.

I'd trade 10 nice newbs who are good to other people and willing to learn for 1 awesome-sauce player who is an asshole, EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK.

Yeah! What harharhar said...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #51 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:11pm:
You seem like you're smart and funny, but also like you could be a HUGE prick and that looks down on everyone because you're really insecure and just want be good enough.

I also might be any/all/none of those things, but I've NEVER abandoned a pug, I waste hours helping strangers in this game I don't know, even when they're fucking hopeless.

Why? Because I want more people to play with who are as good as me. The only way that ever happens, is by offering to teach those who don't know. That's it. When you teach someone something in this game, it gets better for EVERYONE. When you're a prick, it gets worse for everyone.

I'd trade 10 nice newbs who are good to other people and willing to learn for 1 awesome-sauce player who is an asshole, EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK.

I don't abandon anyone in the group either and I am glad to answer any questions they might have and teach as much as I can. Two years ago or something I put up a guide on main forums about every tips and tricks I could think of in almost every quest, and I also put up a lot of teaching runs in the past.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone hitting my lfms, good player or not.

It just gets weird when what I said in the OP happens.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:17pm:
Or they could just, you know, hit more of those lfms I put up everyday? Then chat a bit, maybe become friends the way normal people do? Instead of just being creepy stalkers.

You can't be serious. Or you could be and are over coddled, and very sheltered. In which case I blame your mother, specifically for breast feeding you until you were 6 years old. Or as she likes to say "He's only 72 months old."  Your dad, even if unsocial. didn't raise you to be that weak of a bitch to cry here for how hard it is for you to make frandz.

A real man's issues would be what is he going to eat for lunch? Tacos, or sushi today? IDK either :/

After you've had your fill of Vaul therapy sessions, you can help me decide what I want for lunch. Thxbff
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:33pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #53 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
Didn't care about the rest.

Undecided

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #54 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
how big of a deal is it really that shitty people want to play with you after having that experience just once?

most people would feel good about that.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #55 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
Didn't care about the rest.

A guess... people roll char, play a bit, don't know anyone, here you are as a  friendly (friendly = not yelling at them for playing badly), person who they see around and there is hardly any lfms up and no one they know.

Why not give them the starter channel details and suggest they join that? No skin off your nose. You don't have to be in there. I suspect it's going to get worse as the population shrinks and the only influx is new people trying out the game.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #56 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Oh and in answer to the subject line, obv, "not jerk enough".

IP Logged

Misfits
Korthos Resident

Follow the boobies!

Reply #57 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Ya kinda sound like a Douche, TBO.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #58 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
Undecided

Aww, I wasn't talking about you. Hug?

harharharhar wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:35pm:
how big of a deal is it really that shitty people want to play with you after having that experience just once?

most people would feel good about that.

And I would be absolutely fine with them applying to the groups I put up again. But I don't know, when I get them asking in tells it's like, hold your horses there, we're not buddies yet, don't act like we are  Undecided

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
what vet doesnt get random tells from strangers they have  grouped with ?

since your whining about shit that most players just ignore ide go with douchebag jerk option

kinda cemented by your stalking quips and other little asides

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #60 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:38pm:
A guess... people roll char, play a bit, don't know anyone, here you are as a  friendly (friendly = not yelling at them for playing badly), person who they see around and there is hardly any lfms up and no one they know.

Why not give them the starter channel details and suggest they join that? No skin off your nose. You don't have to be in there. I suspect it's going to get worse as the population shrinks and the only influx is new people trying out the game.

Sadly the only channel I know of has Tagyis in it. Kind of a terrible place to send a new player to. Also wtf, am I the only one that has a reply box like this since today? My eyes hurt.

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:53pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #61 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
Sadly the only channel I know of has Tagyis in it. Kind of a terrible place to send a new player to. Also wtf, am I the only one that has a reply box like this since today? My eyes hurt.

What happened to morfs channel?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #62 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:58pm:

Oh I had the info forever ago, but it was for endgame stuff only and at that time I was TRing non-stop. So one life I just didn't rejoin after losing it on TR and have since lost info.

No idea if there's still people in it.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:07pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #63 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
deftest wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:50pm:
what vet doesnt get random tells from strangers they have  grouped with ?

I don't get tells.

Munkenmo wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:58pm:

There are usually 1-3 people in there. I few weeks ago I saw 6 at once! But usually when I'm in there, it's just me. Loulani and Dangered are in there, but they're also in defense so it's dead as hell in there. Plus they are in the euro zone so their playtimes are different than mine.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #64 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
Sadly the only channel I know of has Tagyis in it. Kind of a terrible place to send a new player to.

The fact that you care says you are not enough of a jerk.

hashtag a vaultfail on that one.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #65 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:47pm:
And I would be absolutely fine with them applying to the groups I put up again. But I don't know, when I get them asking in tells it's like, hold your horses there, we're not buddies yet, don't act like we are  Undecided

I'm with you. Appropriate social distance according to familiarity, not random /tells from one-time pug buds.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #66 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Great thread.  May belong in drama initiative though  Wink

Rubbinns wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
A real man's issues would be what is he going to eat for lunch? Tacos, or sushi today? IDK either :/

After you've had your fill of Vaul therapy sessions, you can help me decide what I want for lunch.

Sounds like fish tacos would be a win/win for you  Grin

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #67 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  
No, it is human nature that if someone is playing well that people will want to group with them in the future. If you acted like a noob, they would not request you join.

I get those all the time and just ignore them - except if I am in a dungeon than it is very annoying. If they can't take the time to notice I was in the middle of running something, then I will wait until their run seems to be mostly over and then ask to join and take quite awhile to get to their quest.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Yeah people on sarlona stalk good players....hell i even get stalked on kelray and it is common knowledge that i am gimp i can only imagine what its like for some one that knows what they are doing. That said listen to mo he is right go anon it will solve this problem.

IP Logged

ToBeDetermined
Korthos Resident

nonom?

Reply #69 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:18am:
This, situation, happens at least once a week for me.

Put up LFM, people join, zerg through 2mil exp or whatever in a few hours. Done, log off, log on next day.

Random person you did not even know before that joined said group: "Hey are you running anything?", every day after that group.

So as always, I reply the usual after I get annoyed: "If I'm running anything, I will have a group up, if I don't, I'm soloing. Stop sending me random tells asking for that, I don't even know you".

And then the usual reaction is along the lines of "wow wtf, don't worry I won't ask again, jerk".

Do people somehow think you magically become their friends because you grouped with them once, when all they ever said in group was "what's next"? Or do they think I'm some kind of whore they can just call to get free and fast exp? Or are they just clingy fucks that get offended when I tell them they're annoying?

Or am I really a jerk?

yeah your a fuckwad get used to it you have another century to live with yourself.

IP Logged

garlor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
you are an attention whore, a jerk wouldn't have written this shit

IP Logged

Realism51
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:18am:
This, situation, happens at least once a week for me.

Put up LFM, people join, zerg through 2mil exp or whatever in a few hours. Done, log off, log on next day.

Random person you did not even know before that joined said group: "Hey are you running anything?", every day after that group.

So as always, I reply the usual after I get annoyed: "If I'm running anything, I will have a group up, if I don't, I'm soloing. Stop sending me random tells asking for that, I don't even know you".

And then the usual reaction is along the lines of "wow wtf, don't worry I won't ask again, jerk".

Do people somehow think you magically become their friends because you grouped with them once, when all they ever said in group was "what's next"? Or do they think I'm some kind of whore they can just call to get free and fast exp? Or are they just clingy fucks that get offended when I tell them they're annoying?

Or am I really a jerk?

I'd let em join and then go running the hardest shit I can come up with for them. ZERG ZERG right in the middle, and bring a tidal wave of red alert mobs to their breakfast table. Annoyance revenge - served with a twist of death

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #72 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
You can't be serious. Or you could be and are over coddled, and very sheltered. In which case I blame your mother, specifically for breast feeding you until you were 6 years old. Or as she likes to say "He's only 72 months old."  Your dad, even if unsocial. didn't raise you to be that weak of a bitch to cry here for how hard it is for you to make frandz.

After you've had your fill of Vaul therapy sessions, you can help me decide what I want for lunch. Thxbff

A real man wouldn't be thinking tacos or sushi today. He would eat both.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #73 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:06pm:
A real man wouldn't be thinking tacos or sushi today. He would eat both.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:22pm:

Fuck that looks good.  I was gonna go to a crêperie, but now I'm torn.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint