Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Am I a jerk? Or are people just fucking clingy? (Read 30752 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Am I a jerk? Or are people just fucking clingy?
Reply #75 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:22pm:
[/img]

Wow.. I didn't even know!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #76 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Why would anyone do that? Poor sushi Sad

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #77 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:18am:
This, situation, happens at least once a week for me.

Put up LFM, people join, zerg through 2mil exp or whatever in a few hours. Done, log off, log on next day.

Random person you did not even know before that joined said group: "Hey are you running anything?", every day after that group.

So as always, I reply the usual after I get annoyed: "If I'm running anything, I will have a group up, if I don't, I'm soloing. Stop sending me random tells asking for that, I don't even know you".

And then the usual reaction is along the lines of "wow wtf, don't worry I won't ask again, jerk".

Do people somehow think you magically become their friends because you grouped with them once, when all they ever said in group was "what's next"? Or do they think I'm some kind of whore they can just call to get free and fast exp? Or are they just clingy fucks that get offended when I tell them they're annoying?

Or am I really a jerk?

No, you are not a jerk.  Yes, this happens all of the time to me when I run with others or give away junk.

I get a bunch of tells for about seven days from players that want the real easy button given to them.  I put in the time to be able to play the way I play.  They can too.

This is what I have found to be successful.  I reply with this,
"I won't mind you adding me to your ignore list.  Have a great day."

It is not overtly offensive.  You are asking them to put YOU on their IGNORE list giving them the psychological feeling of being in power.  Then you are telling them to have a great day because you are just that kind of guy.

Usually, they understand that they have been squelched.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #78 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
You are not a jerk...but looking at it from their direction.  THey enjoyed running with you and perhaps they wanted to run with you more, eventually and slowly gaining a measure of friendship.

Or they just wanted to pike the xp.  *shrug*

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #79 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 1:28pm:
Fuck that looks good.  I was gonna go to a crêperie, but now I'm torn.

Now there's a real man ....

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:19pm:
Why would anyone do that? Poor sushi Sad

sometimes two good things don't equal one good thing when combined.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:18am:
This, situation, happens at least once a week for me.

Put up LFM, people join, zerg through 2mil exp or whatever in a few hours. Done, log off, log on next day.

Random person you did not even know before that joined said group: "Hey are you running anything?", every day after that group.

So as always, I reply the usual after I get annoyed: "If I'm running anything, I will have a group up, if I don't, I'm soloing. Stop sending me random tells asking for that, I don't even know you".

And then the usual reaction is along the lines of "wow wtf, don't worry I won't ask again, jerk".

Do people somehow think you magically become their friends because you grouped with them once, when all they ever said in group was "what's next"? Or do they think I'm some kind of whore they can just call to get free and fast exp? Or are they just clingy fucks that get offended when I tell them they're annoying?

Or am I really a jerk?

Or you are a liar with a HUGE ego.  I call bull shit on your claims of being able to earn "2 million exp or whatever in a few hours". 

You are claiming to run X quests at Y exp per. 

If X is 20 quests then Y must be at least 100,000 exp per quest.

If each quest is averaging, say, 20  minutes, then you are playing 400 minutes (6 hours, 40 min).  Add in time to get to quests, repair, sell, vendor, buff, LFM, etc. 

Total bull shit.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #82 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
You're a jerk , they're clingy and it's rubbing off on you if you need to come here and get"support" about it!

Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:04am by Silky »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #83 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
Didn't care about the rest.

of course not, that is the whole premise of attention seeking emo kids.

you can tell them how to resolve a situation and the causes of it, but all that concerns them is that it occurs and it must be publicly discussed expressed

FEEL EMOTIONS AT THEM

FEEEEEEEEEL

Distributed wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
I dress like this because I am a nice considerate male who doesn't require attention.

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:18am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #84 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:27am:
Or you are a liar with a HUGE ego.  I call bull shit on your claims of being able to earn "2 million exp or whatever in a few hours". 

If each quest is averaging, say, 20  minutes, then you are playing 400 minutes (6 hours, 40 min).  Add in time to get to quests, repair, sell, vendor, buff, LFM, etc. 

Total bull shit.

Who said he was completing the quests?

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #85 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:27am:

Total bull shit.

As if I actually calculated the fucking thing accurately so I could post it. But hey if you want to do math, my last life was 15-20 day 1, 20-24 day 2, 24-28 day 3. 50%+5%+5%. Have fun. If they stick around long enough one day they get a shit ton of exp.

eighnuss wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:17am:
Tagyis talking about attention seeking.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
my last life was 15-20 day 1, 20-24 day 2, 24-28 day 3. 50%+5%+5%.

A day has 24 hours in it. You might want to be more speciific with your time spent playing quests. It takes me 12 hours of 50% pot timers to go from 20-28 on EN mostly. If I'm not going to complete the quest, then I can do a life from 1-20 in a day. In a day being as vague and obscure as i can, because measures of hours are too minute for me to recall when changing my tampon.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
As if I actually calculated the fucking thing accurately so I could post it. But hey if you want to do math, my last life was 15-20 day 1, 20-24 day 2, 24-28 day 3. 50%+5%+5%. Have fun. If they stick around long enough one day they get a shit ton of exp.

Now the lies/BULL SHIT gets even bigger.

Level 24 to level 28 equals 4.5 million exp.  Distributed claims to earn this in "one day".   This would take playing 24 hours straight earning 187500 exp every hour.  Or if you only played for 6 hours you would need 750000 every hour.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience

You are a liar.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
Now the lies/BULL SHIT gets even bigger.

Level 24 to level 28 equals 4.5 million exp.  Distributed claims to earn this in "one day".   This would take playing 24 hours straight earning 187500 exp every hour.  Or if you only played for 6 hours you would need 750000 every hour.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience

You are a liar. 

A sustained 750,000 XP per hour used to be possible (in either House of Death Undone or Impossible Demands).  I don't think it's possible any more with the new XP ransack mechanics.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #89 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
You are a liar. 

Or you just suck at leveling?

Seriously, can you not get at least 400k or more every hour out of epic quests? Most of them never give less than 50k each, and usually WAY more. Most take 10min or less. Fuck, just spies is like 150k in 10min and WGU was 260k in 30min, could have been 20min just running invis.

As I already mentionned, sure, probably not "a few hours". But if you think it's impossible you're serioubly bad at leveling. Sorry I put so much sand inside your vagina.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:21pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:09pm:
Or you just suck at leveling?

Seriously, can you not get at least 400k or more every hour out of epic quests? Most of them never give less than 50k each, and usually WAY more. Most take 10min or less. Fuck, just spies is like 150k in 10min and WGU was 260k in 30min, could have been 20min just running invis.

As I already mentionned, sure, probably not "a few hours". But if you think it's impossible you're serioubly bad at leveling. Sorry I put so much sand inside your vagina.

I don't think your lying I got from 24 and im 50k shy of 28 in just 3 days of relative relaxed playing. If someone went for broke I could see them getting that in a day but ifs not how I would want to play. All I had was a hard streak if that for most of it, as I had given up my elite streak at level 25. Also having an xp pot going, is big especially when I did do some of the more xp laden quests the first time on EE.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #91 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 3:11pm:
when changing my tampon.

Just one? I'm confused. Are you not dual-wielding barbarians? Or are you anticipating swashbuckling and working out how to barb-and-board?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:18am:
Just one? I'm confused. Are you not dual-wielding barbarians? Or are you anticipating swashbuckling and working out how to barb-and-board?

I need 2 hands to pull it out.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #93 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:39am
Print Post  
So ... THF Barbarian wielding? Hm. It just seems you could get more blood soaking from dual barbs. Unless there's something I'm missing, I think I'll just stick with my current build.

IP Logged

derkaderka
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:58am
Print Post  
so ya ive made a level since my last post.  so ya im level 16 now u gonna be level 16 soon? we can run together. i already did cabal for one and desecrated temple of vol.  i need help on inferno and ghost is really hard cool.  and i still got my hard bravery bonus so doin pretty good for sure. so ya when u gonna get on i pm u my phone number, skype, and email so lets play ya

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #95 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:05am
Print Post  
derkaderka wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:58am:
so ya ive made a level since my last post.  so ya im level 16 now u gonna be level 16 soon? we can run together. i already did cabal for one and desecrated temple of vol.  i need help on inferno and ghost is really hard cool.  and i still got my hard bravery bonus so doin pretty good for sure. so ya when u gonna get on i pm u my phone number, skype, and email so lets play ya

Skype me whatever the fuck it is you're smoking.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #96 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:05am:

LAN party at Red Lobster!

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 3:11pm:
A day has 24 hours in it. You might want to be more speciific with your time spent playing quests. It takes me 12 hours of 50% pot timers to go from 20-28 on EN mostly. If I'm not going to complete the quest, then I can do a life from 1-20 in a day. In a day being as vague and obscure as i can, because measures of hours are too minute for me to recall when changing my tampon.

20-28 in 6 hours.  No quest completions.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:07am
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 7:02pm:
A sustained 750,000 XP per hour used to be possible (in either House of Death Undone or Impossible Demands).  I don't think it's possible any more with the new XP ransack mechanics.

It's still possible, but with a new, even more mind numbing process.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:08am by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #99 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:05am:

Bamboo? Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint