Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) exploits 101 2nd exploit up reply #417 pg 17 (Read 329944 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: exploits 101
Reply #200 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Actually this is kind of what I imagine what Hedrick's face looks like.

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:43pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #201 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
yerb

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #202 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 2:55pm:
Some people are just attention seekers. Is the OP?  Time will tell.   My money is on each of these dupes being either something already posted...or fixed long ago and irrelevant.

The thing about old bugs, and fixed bugs, and irrelevant bugs are they ALWAYS COME BACK.
What is fixed now can be broke next update or patch. I've seen exploits fixed years ago pop back up because someone messed with code on a patch.

That is why people list old exploits, fixed exploits, and irrelevant exploits.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #203 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:02pm:
I don't want to have to read 3 pages of bullshit everyday.

Then wtf are you doing on The Vault?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #204 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:38am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 5:01pm:
He probably got a phone call from someone who wasn't too happy. Interrupted his Sunday beating his meat time.

he's definitely not too happy... He even closed HAL's thread with a sour comment xD

Quote:
Been enough drama on the forums already this weekend, no need to add to it.

Wonder if HAL sends him a private message begging for mercy and forgiveness in exchange for another year of ass licking.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #205 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:38am:
Wonder if HAL sends him a private message begging for mercy and forgiveness in exchange for another year of ass licking.

No, it's just a given. Like, a sacrifice of sorts.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #206 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:22am
Print Post  
oh man saw this 5 minutes ago and im still laughing.. This is just the best . made my weekend even better. thanks MY  Grin Grin Grin Grin Cry

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #207 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 9:41am:
The endless card exploit he intends to release is so obvious the retarded red-headed step child of Astraghal would have figured out.

It's a pity that I'm such a retard and can't figure this one out since it is the only one I'm interested in. XP pots to make the TR grind tolerable? Yes please.

The character copy one seems like something that would raise a bazillion alarms at Turbine and get you fucked good and proper.

IP Logged

ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #208 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:25am:
It's a pity that I'm such a retard and can't figure this one out since it is the only one I'm interested in. XP pots to make the TR grind tolerable? Yes please.

The character copy one seems like something that would raise a bazillion alarms at Turbine and get you fucked good and proper.

So you would much rather a card duping exploit over TP??  Doesn't sound right to me.

I do think the OP has the right idea in releasing his exploits, but I do agree with Sham.  Show us something that is meaningful and has a serious impact, or STFU.

These little tricks you have shared are well known across all servers and Turbine has been suffering for it.  In my eyes you have done nothing to turbine except bitch on the vault about having a forum ban.

Either post something that affects turbine, or go crawl back to your pussy ass shithole DDO forums where you spent all your time sucking Jerry's Cock and getting your chin black and blue.

With that being said show action or go fucking die while being raped with the dildo from Se7en.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #209 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:16pm:
Well, there is the problem. Are you going to serve papers to a user account on an online forum? The legality of that seems unlikely at best.  Cool

So, you would have to determine the poster's real identity. Where would you start? As of yet, he has not posted any identifying information which would stand up to legal scrutiny.

Step one would be suing Strake to divulge any information that he has. I am fairly certain that Strake has at least considered this possibility. If such a suit was successful, what would Strake potentially have to turn over?

1) The account registration information, which if memory serves is an email address. Now, anyone who registered on this site who failed to use a throw away email account which completely hides their real identity is just an idiot. (Looking forward to seeing how many existing accounts are suddenly replaced with new accounts.....)

2) Logs of IP addresses which connected to this site, and their associated account names. I would hope that Strake knows to limit the extent of this logging to the absolute minimum.

All you said is well and good, but you don't have to go that formally.  Most people, don't because they're not trained to, cover their tracks very well.  Humans by nature fall into patterns, and if you're very good at pattern recoginition, it's not exceptionally hard to find them even without resorting to lawsuits (it does take a bit more effort than having a retained lawyer draw up C&D letters).

Having tracked down people irl based on their sock puppets, it's not always done w/ lawyers.  If people should have learned nothing else, motivated individuals don't usually have great trouble finding someone's info, and it rarely requires actual hacking to do so.  The vast majority of the time it's not worth the bother, but on rare occasion it's totally the way to solve a problem effectively.  Wink

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #210 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:39am
Print Post  
I think Turbine are more likely to have systems in place to detect entire toons being duped along with their TP than they are a few extra cards or TP being created.

I also think they are more likely to throw the book at you in the first case.

I rather enjoy the game and would rather be able to carry on doing so. I'd just like to mitigate the painful grind a bit.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #211 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Cause of Action? Don't have one, do you?

You'd be the one wasting the money because your lawyer would charge you for the time you spent trying to explain why he should file a legally meritless suit based on nothing in the Law.

You're good at flushing money down the crapper I'll bet.

Lawyers already work for WB genius, you understand that right?  You think WB doesn't prepay legal services by the briefcase full?

Again, it entirely depends on the nature of the company.  Disney will sue your ass off for looking at them funny, and they shit C&Ds like nobody's business, other companies, not so much.

If you think frivolous lawsuits get "tossed" by an objective judiciary, then when are you buying my bridge?  Crazy girl who goes nuts when she's broken up with and gets her rich daddy to pay to file civil suit after civil suit alleging psychological damage.  Seen it, had a friend live it.  His ability to withstand it only came from much wealthier people donating legal services to help him.  Her "comeuppance", none.

Quit trying to "make sense" of the law.  That's not how the game is played.  It's entirely who has the deepest pockets and best creative argument.  And if the shmuck on the other side can't rub two pennies together to defend themselves, then you just bleed them dry.  Using the law to get your way isn't all that different from war, just without the guns.  Some countries roll over like France, other's do the rolling.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #212 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:54am:
Disney will sue your ass off for looking at them funny, and they shit C&Ds like nobody's business, other companies, not so much.

Not in the UK, much to my surprise. Loads of small businesses "borrow" famous characters over here and no-one seems to ever bother them. I guess they have to have someone report it first, and no-one cares enough to do so.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #213 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 9:54am:
Lawyers already work for WB genius, you understand that right?  You think WB doesn't prepay legal services by the briefcase full?

Again, it entirely depends on the nature of the company.  Disney will sue your ass off for looking at them funny, and they shit C&Ds like nobody's business, other companies, not so much.

If you think frivolous lawsuits get "tossed" by an objective judiciary, then when are you buying my bridge?  Crazy girl who goes nuts when she's broken up with and gets her rich daddy to pay to file civil suit after civil suit alleging psychological damage.  Seen it, had a friend live it.  His ability to withstand it only came from much wealthier people donating legal services to help him.  Her "comeuppance", none.

Quit trying to "make sense" of the law.  That's not how the game is played.  It's entirely who has the deepest pockets and best creative argument.  And if the shmuck on the other side can't rub two pennies together to defend themselves, then you just bleed them dry.  Using the law to get your way isn't all that different from war, just without the guns.  Some countries roll over like France, other's do the rolling.

Yes, WB has lawyers on retainer, yes they could theoretically shoot blanks at ghosts. However DDO is such a small percent of anything in the business they really could not give a damn.

Blizzard's Diablo3 had people duping, hacking, boting stuff which literally translated into REAL $$$ and not a squeak from a lawyer was heard as far as I can tell. Blizzards a company with lawyers on retainer and a company who cared about their intellectual property as an online game.

WB doesn't give a shit about DDO unless it effects their books or their time. Using their retainer lawyers is the same as using their time, and quite frankly those lawyers have better busy work to do than shooting blanks at ghosts.

Talking about ghosts no luck getting exploit #1 working and no word on exploit #2.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #214 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 11:55am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:27am:
Not in the UK, much to my surprise. Loads of small businesses "borrow" famous characters over here and no-one seems to ever bother them. I guess they have to have someone report it first, and no-one cares enough to do so.

Same on my side of the Chunnel...
You can get away with using a Cars character ( not Flash though ) in TV ads for months before Disney ask you to stop.
So if Disney ( the 800 pound Gorilla when it comes to derived products from their IPs ) can be taken by surprise on one of their big IP don't expect WB to start to waste lawyer time on a small thing like DDO Vault to get relevant information released.
WB Lawyers have better things to do with their time, and DDO Vault is not impacting the revenue of WB enough for it to be a nuisance that needs to be squashed. ( honestly if they had wanted to squash DDOVault they would have done it long ago )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

theotherone
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #215 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I think the duping exploits are really helpfull for peopl like me, who dont have much time to play the game. It took me like 4 month to get the ingredients for my 1st GS item and trying to get partys for Cannith Challenges etc takes days. Therefor im only interested in some duping mats, not exp, shards etc, thats what i either pay cash for or just play the game since you get free TP while leveling, but the mats grind is crazy and most of it is just undoable solo. so i´d like an exploit for duping some mats like challenge or GS stuff Wink
and i think its something entirely different than getting TP or duping toons when u get some mats to cut down the farming grind as others already said.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #216 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

GamerGirl
Korthos Resident

Reply #217 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
It wouldn't surprise me that the OP was really a vault regular who is doing this to get all the new members who are asking for exploits in a hot and bothered lather to find out ALL the secrets.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #218 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
A S&D order can be and often is written by a monkey, nothing in itself. 

The serious fucker will hit you with a court filed complaint out the gate,  someone who lobs a S&D at you first has already shown they are less willing to go to court. It doesn't mean they wont, just that they are hoping you will bend over right away.

Rule of Thumb, a S&D means your on the right track, a full complaint? you may have to write up that pros and cons list again.

IP Logged

propaganda101
Releaser Of Exploits

I Love Drama!

Reply #219 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Tomarrow night after the devs are in there beds I will post the next on the list!!!! Sleep tight Turbine. Cheesy

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #220 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
One thing I've learned in life is whenever you set out to teach someone a lesson, most of the time they learn a different lesson.

Personally I think you have been blinded by some rage and not in a desire to be a "voice of the people"

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #221 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:16pm:
Well, there is the problem. Are you going to serve papers to a user account on an online forum? The legality of that seems unlikely at best.  Cool

Wow you're a coder, a manager, an entrepreneur, AND a lawyer???

Germaxipadus is truly a Renaissance Douche!

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #222 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A S&D order can be and often is written by a monkey, nothing in itself. 

The serious fucker will hit you with a court filed complaint out the gate,  someone who lobs a S&D at you first has already shown they are less willing to go to court. It doesn't mean they wont, just that they are hoping you will bend over right away.

Rule of Thumb, a S&D means your on the right track, a full complaint? you may have to write up that pros and cons list again.

What's a S&D order? I only know of C&D orders.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #223 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:30pm:
What's a S&D order?

It's when you're mistress gives you an order that doesn't contain a BM.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2014 at 4:39pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #224 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
DDO about to be recycled. Your only chance to evacuate is to leave with us.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30
Send TopicPrint