Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Apparently the Council is useless as I(we) thought (Read 22139 times)
Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Apparently the Council is useless as I(we) thought
Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:59am
Print Post  
From the Swashbuckler thread in the main forum, made by IronClan:

Quote:
Looks like almost no changes were made from council feedback since the last iteration, very weak tree, will be mostly ignored except for flavor/RP players.

Waste of Dev time just like, "protector" tree and Eldritch Knight tree.

Why are you guys afraid to make Bard's relevant? Three really bad Bard trees = 1 really bad class.

Edit: I posted this to the PC forum apparently this thread is visible in the main forums as well: that being the case I'd like to say sorry guys, some of us tried... they are not particularly listening to the player council... though there are certainly some PC members who like this tree.

I'd say howl and howl loudly and maybe they will wake up to just how lame this tree is... Now that this is live can you guys also announce 3BC specifics so the player base can see how out of touch that's going to be as well?

I'm particular interested in the last paragraph. Apparently 3BC is going to suck as well?

I know IronClass is an asshole but still.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Apparently the Council is useless as I(we) thought
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 9:48am
Print Post  
The council was created to give ppl the illusion of choices. Period.

It is pretty trivial, its like how our plutocracy democracy works. Tongue

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:12am
Print Post  
The handwriting was on the wall when Mournlands was closed.

Turbine is doing exactly what Turbine has always done - and basically every other mmo developer does (see ESO and their current fiasco) - pay lip service to the player base and do whatever the hell they want.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Based on the original dev post on the Swashbuckler I am excited about it. Think outside of the box, plenty of fun in it.

Of course half of those abilities probably won't work if they get added, just like Haunted Halls loot is missing half the decent crap it was suppose to have.
But, that is a different problem...

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Surprised?

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

domo
Korthos Resident

Drama Sucks

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
I think what has happen to the game, is these puds are not gamers they don't play , and They don't have a fucking clue what they are doing anymore

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:29am:
Surprised?

If you would have read the title, u'd know the answer.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Well the tree you have been shown is ( somewhat ) better than what we were shown a month ago...

But it doesn't change a fact that it's a SWF restricted tree for an allegedly sucking class.
Most of the swashbucklers I can think of are rapier & dagger guys and not sickle and buckler ponies.
Even the fucking screen captures from films that were were fed shows a guy doing rapier and dagger...
But they don't want to change it to a TWF tree. So yeah it's sucks and yeah we feel somewhat useless at times.

Now consider that it could have been really worse... really really worse. 

As for 3BC... we have done some very pointed warnings about it... That's all I can say for now.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:15pm:

So, it went from unplayable to unplayable? Right. Gotcha.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:54pm:
someone asked about server transfers information so I posted only those comments that MajMal made here in this section into the PC.

As part salve if it makes you guys feel any better people have been getting huffy he's been posting here more than elsewhere. One comment I'm going to 'leak' for your amusement: "I've been waiting for someone to leak PC stuff over there, and didn't expect the opposite of that to happen."

I thought this was awesome. Stuff is shared with the vault rather than the PC. That made me LOL.

Thanks Meli!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 3:49pm:
I thought this was awesome. Stuff is shared with the vault rather than the PC. That made me LOL.

Thanks Meli!

Well, there's also things shared with the PC... it's just that we haven't told you.... yet.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Well the tree you have been shown is ( somewhat ) better than what we were shown a month ago...

But it doesn't change a fact that it's a SWF restricted tree for an allegedly sucking class.
Most of the swashbucklers I can think of are rapier & dagger guys and not sickle and buckler ponies.
Even the fucking screen captures from films that were were fed shows a guy doing rapier and dagger...
But they don't want to change it to a TWF tree. So yeah it's sucks and yeah we feel somewhat useless at times.

As for 3BC... we have done some very pointed warnings about it... That's all I can say for now.

I liked quite a lot in Rune Quest the "Rapier + Main Gauche", even if it sucked...

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:12pm:
Well, there's also things shared with the PC... it's just that we haven't told you.... yet.

The disappointment will exist either now or later. 

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:38pm
Print Post  

Thanks Meli!

That made me lol as well.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:40pm
Print Post  

Swashbuckler sucks unless SWF gives 100% doublestrike, 250% dodge cap, 200% dodge, 200d200 sonic damage per hit.

Be more specific about 3BC. Or be vague but more specifically. What is going to suck? The quests? The loot? C'mon, tell us something more.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #15 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:40pm:
Swashbuckler sucks unless SWF gives 100% doublestrike, 250% dodge cap, 200% dodge, 200d200 sonic damage per hit.

Be more specific about 3BC. Or be vague but more specifically. What is going to suck? The quests? The loot? C'mon, tell us something more.

Having been a part of this cycle in the past...the answer to that is yes.  Yes to all of it.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #16 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  

Thanks Meli!

yw. but my point is guys your voice is heard.

so please hit that thread up for feedback on specifics, unemotionally and factually and with math and details as to why single weapon fighting sucks.

i'm not the biggest builder. i am very much counting on detailed Lammania feedback to assist the devs on game balance and fixing.

what can they do to that bard tree to make it worth it?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:01pm
Print Post  

They're retroactively changing all loot to BTC on acquire. Everything currently in shared bank or TR cache will be BTB (bound to bank). All items on auction are to become BTAH. Mail --> BTM. Trade windows --> BTTW.

In return for this awesome item upgrade, all min levels have been raised to 31.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:12pm:

yeah but that's a given.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #19 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 9:48am:
The council was created to give ppl the illusion of choices. Period.

It is pretty trivial, its like how our plutocracy democracy works. Tongue

nah they still seem to be using it (and i do mean 'use') as a sample focus group.

so stating again we are "representative *of*" not "representative *for*".

so we've had 3 things now that have had cycles through the PC and then out to Lamm but there is other stuff.

really Lamm is where it is at. Lamm is where i would be targetting with both boots to kick things into shape. it seems pretty clear from where i sit that staff are pretty busy, there is a ton of stuff we'll never see (you felt that on ML too) and they'll feed it out to us when ready because in the past all the drama queens have just run with things so far sideways that it distorts people's thinking on how to go forwards.

i'm happy to wait. seriously. i would rather have more formed ideas and concepts to comment on. as long as staff continuing to chat to us on Lamm and the main forums i am ok with that.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:01pm:
They're retroactively changing all loot to BTC on acquire.

Actually no... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #21 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 5:52am
Print Post  

PC=ML without a dedicated server then. Same stuff, different name.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 8:00pm:
yw. but my point is guys your voice is heard.

so please hit that thread up for feedback on specifics, unemotionally and factually and with math and details as to why single weapon fighting sucks.

i'm not the biggest builder. i am very much counting on detailed Lammania feedback to assist the devs on game balance and fixing.

what can they do to that bard tree to make it worth it?

There are already many suggestions in the official thread.

I, personally, like the replies from experienced people that go over each and every single ability. You can start by looking at Cetus' reply #35. I also liked unbongwah's reply #145.

Then I got bored of that thread.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I wish I were surprised that the Players Council is no more than the latest addition in a series of failed attempts to pretend that Turbine listens to their player base. Whether or not they meant well is irrelevant, the implementation trumps their concepts no matter how many rainbows they envisioned.

As far as 3BC goes, I was expecting it to be shitty from the moment I heard they were making it epic. Nobody wants to fight a bunch of CR 80 kobolds with 200k hp in one of the most boring packs to date.

One of the problems that Turbine has run into is the inability to figure out what should and should not be epic. Since they increased the level cap in U14, and even more in U19, they've been phasing out the demons and devils in favor of absurdly healthy wolves. If they want to create content that feels even halfway legitimate for epic level characters, they should forget about the kobolds and work some more on Shavarath, or better yet, the Nine Hells or the Abyss of the Forgotten Realms.

IP Logged

Bolo_Grubb
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I never expected the player council to much of anything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint