Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Apparently the Council is useless as I(we) thought (Read 22193 times)
NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Re: Apparently the Council is useless as I(we) thought
Reply #75 - May 1st, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 3:16pm:
Yeah, I guess it depends what's important to the individual.  Shinies I can play without, but without hearts I get stuck (at cap), and there's a good chance I'll just stop playing if I have to grind for them.

Remember back when they briefly had "Tokens of Leveling" (or whatever they were called)?  You had to find or buy one about every 4 or 5 levels before you could actually take your level, i.e. worst frigging idea ever?  Such a terrible idea that it drove new players away in droves and they eventually took them out of the game?  Well I don't see hearts any differently than those tokens.  At this point they are just an impediment put in our way so Turbine has an opportunity to sell us a way to bypass them.

When I reach 28, if my idea of 'continuing to play' is TR'ing, then I should be able to do that, period.  No fucking way am I going to sit at 28 running quests just for CoV's so I can TR.  So far I've gotten by because of the one "free" epic heart we got.  But if I hit 28 this life and still don't have the CoV's for a heart, that will probably be the final straw for me.  And the life after that, almost guaranteed I won't have the CoV's, so the clock is already kinda ticking for me.

when did they have those tokens of leveling? 2006-7?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - May 1st, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 8:30pm:
when did they have those tokens of leveling? 2006-7?

Sigils of leveling. I think they came out with F2P in Sept 2009, and it looks like they were dropped in Feb 2010.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_3#No_Level_Sigils_Required

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #77 - May 1st, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
I remember those. I got my one to go from level 4 to level 5 but couldn't find one to go past level 8 and stopped playing that character.

IP Logged

GamerGirl
Korthos Resident

Reply #78 - May 1st, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 9:18pm:
Sigils of leveling. I think they came out with F2P in Sept 2009, and it looks like they were dropped in Feb 2010.

yep, i remember those, thank god they got rid of those

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #79 - May 2nd, 2014 at 4:45am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:54am:
They give barely any fucks about what the council says but they give even LESS fucks about what people on Lamannia say, So there's that.

They do give a few. I'm not saying you'll get exactly what you ask for because you won't and you'll get angry and annoyed you were "ignored" if you expect that, but if you look at what something could have been as opposed to how it changed with enough feedback that didn't involve /signed or just saying it's crap, you would see how it does matter.

This tree has changed but SWF can't be saved without certain lines needing to be crossed. The tree is doomed from the start but that's just this tree. There is tons of stuff that with enough feedback will change to something better, even if it's still not "good enough". I have seen it myself and some things you would poo your pants if you saw how it started out.

Obviously if people aren't playing the game then their bitterness is different but I am still playing and I don't have the issues with the Company others do. I've never bothered being a problem child because I'm here for fun and so when it stops being fun I'll leave. I don't feel the need to have a go at them at every opportunity because it's just silly but I do enjoy seeing others do it because that's entertaining in itself. However, they do listen because some of those devs really are trying to make the game better. Having issues with the company or one person or not enjoying how management handles things is acceptable, but some of those guys need the facts to pitch a case on our behalf, and they do.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #80 - May 2nd, 2014 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:45am:
However, they do listen because some of those devs really are trying to make the game better. Having issues with the company or one person or not enjoying how management handles things is acceptable, but some of those guys need the facts to pitch a case on our behalf, and they do.

It is especially frustrating when those "facts" they need are math facts that they can calculate more easily and more accurately, on account of having access to the information that we only know because of some heroes who reverse engineer them from the combat log.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #81 - May 2nd, 2014 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 5:31am:
believing that all of its Epic loot will be btcoe..

No, Every signal we have seen points towards BTA. But don't take that as granted... I've been out for 3 days ( collecting fossils of sea shells at the bottom of a cliff by the sea ), I haven't checked the latest developments of the PC forum.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #82 - May 2nd, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:31am:
3 days ( collecting fossils of sea shells at the bottom of a cliff by the sea )

Sounds like a WoW thing.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #83 - May 2nd, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
They do give a few. I'm not saying you'll get exactly what you ask for because you won't and you'll get angry and annoyed you were "ignored" if you expect that, but if you look at what something could have been as opposed to how it changed with enough feedback that didn't involve /signed or just saying it's crap, you would see how it does matter.

This tree has changed but SWF can't be saved without certain lines needing to be crossed. The tree is doomed from the start but that's just this tree. There is tons of stuff that with enough feedback will change to something better, even if it's still not "good enough". I have seen it myself and some things you would poo your pants if you saw how it started out.

Obviously if people aren't playing the game then their bitterness is different but I am still playing and I don't have the issues with the Company others do. I've never bothered being a problem child because I'm here for fun and so when it stops being fun I'll leave. I don't feel the need to have a go at them at every opportunity because it's just silly but I do enjoy seeing others do it because that's entertaining in itself. However, they do listen because some of those devs really are trying to make the game better. Having issues with the company or one person or not enjoying how management handles things is acceptable, but some of those guys need the facts to pitch a case on our behalf, and they do.

When the point being ignored is a bug that allows mass duping ... than yes if your report was ignored you have every right to be angry at the risk they let through to the game you enjoy.

Also ... why should agreement posts be ignored? If many people agree with a post or /sign it that should add weight to it. I do agree on 'that's crap' posts being ignored seeing as without reasons it can't be improved. Saying /signed IS feedback.

Doesn't really matter what the devs want if the community manager is blocking pertinent opinions and facts with bans. Not even talking about myself or signature images ... and if I wasn't so bitter about the BS that all entails I might play more.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2014 at 1:57pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #84 - May 2nd, 2014 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
There is tons of stuff that with enough feedback will change to something better, even if it's still not "good enough". I have seen it myself and some things you would poo your pants if you saw how it started out.

One of the frustrating things for me is that we have to go through the "with enough feedback, they'll un-ass their pet project to the point where it'll be less bad then their original implementation, but leave it still pretty crummy" step.

It's wasteful and unnecessarily tarnishes the game.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #85 - May 2nd, 2014 at 4:31pm
Print Post  

Yup, sounds about right.  Thanks.

Meli wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 10:19pm:
I remember those. I got my one to go from level 4 to level 5 but couldn't find one to go past level 8 and stopped playing that character.

You were not alone in that.

GamerGirl wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 11:37pm:
yep, i remember those, thank god they got rid of those

They were idiots to put them in, and "smart" to take them out.

My point is that I don't see hearts as any different from the sigils - they just get in the way of me progressing my character (i.e. letting me play the game).  They serve no purpose other than as a revenue generator for Turbine.  I don't mind giving Turbine money for any number of things, but not to just get some roadblock out of my way, that they put there in the first place, just for that purpose.

I can easily imagine folks getting to 28, raiding a bit, and then just saying "OK, great, I guess I'm done.  Bye!"  I may end up being one of those people sooner or later.  I'm pretty stubborn about not paying for things that I don't think I should have to pay for. And yeah, that will be my choice, so it's on me.  But that's still one less player in DDO, and I bet I'm not the only stubborn one out there.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - May 2nd, 2014 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I've been out for 3 days ( collecting fossils of sea shells at the bottom of a cliff by the sea )

Are those fossils of sea shell drop rates better or worse than the Abbot's Ring?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - May 2nd, 2014 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
mouthfull of samples wrote on May 1st, 2014 at 3:19pm:
I don't mind the idea of cov's but they need to lower the amount needed to epic tr by about half.

I very much mind it. Not only does it lock players out of epic Tring, and that it doesn't resemble how easy it was to get Tokens for Heroic TRing. The other reason is that they replaced end rewards with their bottleneck, instead of making them drop in end chests. Exactly like Tokens.

Also, dupes come and go, and stay, and some even undiscovered and unknown. 2016 heart seeds covers every Iconic and Epic life.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2014 at 4:54pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #88 - May 3rd, 2014 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 12:48pm:
Sounds like a WoW thing.

Nope the real thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1776_in_paleontology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houlgate

Jump to the Falaise des Vaches Noires section.

And at the end of the month, I'll go get some Uranium ore... Somewhere far from the sea called Villefranche.  Roll Eyes

Barkabout wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:48pm:
re those fossils of sea shell drop rates better or worse than the Abbot's Ring?

Depends... There's the common drops ( oysters, and various sea shells, some ammonites ), the uncommon drops ( other kind of ammonites, coral, crinoïdes ), and the rare drops ( bones )...
Since climbing on the cliffs is extremely dangerous ( after all it's mud cliffs ) you have to roam the beach at the bottom and look for things that fell... and you're not alone doing that... There's many people farming the drops...  Grin
But there's more than enough of the common and uncommon drops to please everybody... the rare ones are just icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2014 at 2:37am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #89 - May 3rd, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 4:31pm:
I'm pretty stubborn about not paying for things that I don't think I should have to pay for. And yeah, that will be my choice, so it's on me.  But that's still one less player in DDO, and I bet I'm not the only stubborn one out there.

Nope, me too! That stubborn used to benefit Turdbin, I'd buy TP every year even if I wasn't low (and I have thousands).

Now it works against Turdbin, I'm angry about the gratuitous grind and low quality, and it's a point of stubborn to not give them more money until they demonstrate a significant and sustained change of heart.

I rarely play DDO now, and happily lead my guild in other games, denying Turdbin not just my money but that of my friends as well. OK, well, mostly they wanted to move games and I followed and re-formed the guild, but the point is these decisions are steadily culling their flock of golden geese Angry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #90 - May 3rd, 2014 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 2:33am:
Jump to the Falaise des Vaches Noires section.

And at the end of the month, I'll go get some Uranium ore... Somewhere far from the sea called Villefranche.  Roll Eyes

WTF's going on over there?  You're cloning them, aren't you?  You're going to clone an army of velociraptors shooting uranium bullets!  You madman!

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #91 - May 3rd, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Nothing worth mentioning, just one of my other time waster ( beside DDO and PnP ) : Mineralogy and Paleontology.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - May 3rd, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 6:42pm:
Nothing worth mentioning, just one of my other time waster ( beside DDO and PnP ) : Mineralogy and Paleontology.

Must have quite the trilobite collection by now?
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2014 at 8:20am by NaturalHazard »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - May 3rd, 2014 at 10:28pm
Print Post  

thank god I missed that by a few months.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #94 - May 4th, 2014 at 6:17am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 10:27pm:
Must have quite the collection of trilobite collection by now?

Actually none... Too many fakes around. And I haven't found the time to go to Britanny to collect some.

( and honestly I'm more in rockhounding than in fossil hunting, so I spend more time looking for shinies than for Dead Stuff. )

It's just that I had an opportunity to be housed for free a few klicks away from the site at a time where I was in vacation.

To go back to the topic :
The two biggest fails of DDO are definitely the Sigils of Levelling and the Offer Wall.
Now There's quite a few other not far behind, but these two were the biggest.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - May 4th, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
No, Every signal we have seen points towards BTA. But don't take that as granted... I've been out for 3 days ( collecting fossils of sea shells at the bottom of a cliff by the sea ), I haven't checked the latest developments of the PC forum.

3BC loot will be Bound to Account on Acquire?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #96 - May 4th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on May 4th, 2014 at 7:40am:
3BC loot will be Bound to Account on Acquire?

Probably.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #97 - May 5th, 2014 at 6:35am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 2nd, 2014 at 2:12pm:
One of the frustrating things for me is that we have to go through the "with enough feedback, they'll un-ass their pet project to the point where it'll be less bad then their original implementation, but leave it still pretty crummy" step.

It's wasteful and unnecessarily tarnishes the game.

It happens in business everywhere. Saying that is shouldn't is naive. I could throw down Win 8 and tons of other products to back that claim up. It's not something I like but just like the flu, it's going to happen.

The problem I have with the entire situation is not that it happens, it's that enough people are apparently ok with how the design is going to the point where the game's direction has moved away from what I personally enjoy.

I don't blame people for exploiting because have you seen the costs involved in making a new raid item? I'm doing it honestly and 2 months later still nothing because it's shoot myself in the foot kind of fun. That's not a dev problem, that's a management decision. Managers make decisions based on money and apparently, running a raid 60 times is making them money. Must be for them to keep doing it.

It doesn't take shine away when something is a little bust up when released for me. It does take a lot of shine off when I see some of the ingredient costs knowing that the exploits used means I'm screwed before I start. The costs won't change because nobody complains about it because they have a surplass of items. Feedback is how businesses stay cutting edge.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2014 at 6:36am by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #98 - May 6th, 2014 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 6:35am:
It happens in business everywhere. Saying that is shouldn't is naive. I could throw down Win 8 and tons of other products to back that claim up. It's not something I like but just like the flu, it's going to happen.

The problem I have with the entire situation is not that it happens, it's that enough people are apparently ok with how the design is going to the point where the game's direction has moved away from what I personally enjoy.

I don't blame people for exploiting because have you seen the costs involved in making a new raid item? I'm doing it honestly and 2 months later still nothing because it's shoot myself in the foot kind of fun. That's not a dev problem, that's a management decision. Managers make decisions based on money and apparently, running a raid 60 times is making them money. Must be for them to keep doing it.

It doesn't take shine away when something is a little bust up when released for me. It does take a lot of shine off when I see some of the ingredient costs knowing that the exploits used means I'm screwed before I start. The costs won't change because nobody complains about it because they have a surplass of items. Feedback is how businesses stay cutting edge.

I do think they have shot themselves in the foot with the new raids. As an occasional player I looked at the vast amounts of stuff needed and basically changed my objective to "at least get in and see this content I paid for once" rather than making anything. Which makes me more wary of buying raid content in the future - if the pack is basically that plus an explorer area it doesn't feel that good value to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint