Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guy claims ban from duped large scales from au (Read 16508 times)
Lootseller
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Guy claims ban from duped large scales from au
May 5th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
New development in Cannith bannings. Guy seems fishy. Cannith pep report in on this Overvaan guy!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441709-Why-Can-someone-explain-this-in...

Looks like they swept the servers. First Khyber, Sarlona, and now Cannith. Ghallanda or Thelanis next? Cheesy

Edit: Upon 2nd reading large scales was an example. Other ingrs and cards bought.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2014 at 6:53am by Lootseller »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: Guy claims ban from duped large scales from au
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2014 at 6:46am
Print Post  
He posted in infractions so ask him ?

IP Logged

Lootseller
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2014 at 6:50am
Print Post  
If true, that must really suck. Getting banned for cards bought items.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2014 at 6:51am by Lootseller »  

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2014 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Kinda has himself to blame for it.  He's a self-admitted paladin fanboi who crys out against the cheaters.  He's one of the people who put pressure on Turbine to find and ban the cheaters.

As inept as Turbine is what else would you expect?  It's like asking a drunk with one eye and missing 3 fingers to shoot into a crowd and kill the bad guy.  Of course a few innocents are going to take a hit.

That is, if he's even telling the truth.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2014 at 8:34am
Print Post  
nah, banned for standing idle in front of the Bank.
That's where people usually go idle. I know more than half of my guild do...
( and it doesn't seem that they have hit G-Land yet )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
wow. i afk in front of the bank all the time. usually because i never do maintenance so that when i finally get around to a thorough clean out it takes me hours.

also, if any staff are out there reading this a message to convey from someone who was talking to me today and asked me to say it (why they can't say it themselves idk) - they're getting pretty sick of the people who were some of the biggest exploiters not being touched. they are unimpressed with the bannings because they seem to be the small fish and not these obvious people. it therefore seems to them that everyone's just duping and no one is getting caught so that the only people who suffer are those who haven't exploited. they also say all the prices are affected (i can't check that bit as i rarely shop) and this has really put them off the game.

and if you're still reading - would love to be able to buy legitimate boxes from the store. please? my holidays are over now though so it will be a while before i use them.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:11am
Print Post  
If its anything like storing the old boxes... then you should probably just wait for them to bring out boxes2.0 where you get 1-20 and 21-28 all in one click.

Of course xp will be rescaled so that you need 800k to get to 15 and 3m to get 15-20.

IP Logged

Misfits
Korthos Resident

Follow the boobies!

Reply #7 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:05am:
wow. i afk in front of the bank all the time. usually because i never do maintenance so that when i finally get around to a thorough clean out it takes me hours.

also, if any staff are out there reading this a message to convey from someone who was talking to me today and asked me to say it (why they can't say it themselves idk) - they're getting pretty sick of the people who were some of the biggest exploiters not being touched. they are unimpressed with the bannings because they seem to be the small fish and not these obvious people. it therefore seems to them that everyone's just duping and no one is getting caught so that the only people who suffer are those who haven't exploited. they also say all the prices are affected (i can't check that bit as i rarely shop) and this has really put them off the game.

and if you're still reading - would love to be able to buy legitimate boxes from the store. please? my holidays are over now though so it will be a while before i use them.

Yer PC and thus off limits... no worries for you

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Misfits wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:28am:
Yer PC and thus off limits... no worries for you

Oh I would very much want PC people banned also if they have been exploiting. I can see no reason why they should be an exception. Particularly if was generally known that they exploited. You would hope that they would be made an example of.

Misfits or anyone else, if you honestly believe I was exploiting I would ask that you report me. That said I was chatting to someone who said that they have reported 6 people and only 1 got a ban. So I really don't know how this works.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Most of you folks have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, Overvaan dislikes exploiting, but he doesn't report anybody for it and doesn't try to get anybody banned. In his ideal world, Turbine makes shit work as intended, and that's it.

He also never goes afk in front of the bank.

Over was banned because someone mailed him a stack of a single duped collectible when he said he was looking for them in a chat channel. That's all that happened. 

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Lootseller wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 6:39am:
New development in Cannith bannings. Guy seems fishy. Cannith pep report in on this Overvaan guy!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441709-Why-Can-someone-explain-this-in...

Looks like they swept the servers. First Khyber, Sarlona, and now Cannith. Ghallanda or Thelanis next? Cheesy

Edit: Upon 2nd reading large scales was an example. Other ingrs and cards bought.

Unfortunately Overvaan is completely legit...He was a hardcore grinder, 12-18 hour days. Oldschool. Elitist.

Extreme Prejudice on a legit grinder. DDO going to loose another vet player

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:36am:
I can see no reason why they should be an exception.

It would damage the public image (if any) of PC and it would look bad for Turdbine.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #12 - May 5th, 2014 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:45am:
Unfortunately Overvaan is completely legit...He was a hardcore grinder, 12-18 hour days. Oldschool. Elitist.

Extreme Prejudice on a legit grinder. DDO going to loose another vet player

Yes, he's legit, no, they almost definitely won't lose him.

I had something he told me in my bio for a while, it went something like this:

Quote:
If they ever deleted Over I'd cry for a week, then wear black for a year, then after that if DDO was still around I think I'd come back and make a new character

IP Logged

Arnos
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 5th, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:44am:

Yes, Overvaan dislikes exploiting, but he doesn't report anybody for it and doesn't try to get anybody banned. In his ideal world, Turbine makes shit work as intended, and that's it.

Over was banned because someone mailed him a stack of a single duped collectible when he said he was looking for them in a chat channel. That's all that happened. 

If people can get banned for getting mailed items....

Just curious why MANY people in this area haven't mailed the obvious paladins.

IP Logged

Torgal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 5th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Wonder if I will get banned, traded a +5 tome for an obscene (not compared to what was probably duped though) amount of ingredients from the new raids.  Under normal non-duping circumstances I would have been happy with a lot less than I got, but because of the duping the value of those ingredients are really low.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 5th, 2014 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Good work Turbine. But you missed Hal, Handrik, uska, forzah, and powskier.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 5th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:05am:

I don't know why you are posting this here. Your on the PC, if you have this issue post it on the Motherboards, or if you are concerned about a forum ban for the subject matter post it on the private PC forum area. Or barring that send it to whomever the established contact for PC related input is with Turbine, any of those would be much more likely to get attention from people with Turbine then posting this on the Vault.

Otherwise cannot see any reason why you would try to reach the staff from here, unless you are just posting it here in a effort to burnished your vault creds.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 5th, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:45am:
It would damage the public image (if any) of PC and it would look bad for Turdbine.

I think you right on the money here, as posted elsewhere rumor is several PC members got in xploit/grief and Jerry and Co. are struggling with what to do about it. I have been unable to get specifics, Lootseller has said he has the dirt,  but has made a pinky swear not to tell.   

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #18 - May 5th, 2014 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think you right on the money here, as posted elsewhere rumor is several PC members got in xploit/grief and Jerry and Co. are struggling with what to do about it. I have been unable to get specifics, Lootseller has said he has the dirt,  but has made a pinky swear not to tell.   

LOL yes like spilling the beans on everyone else so they can stay  Tongue

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 5th, 2014 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I know at least 2 PC members on Sarlona who got 2 week ban for duping.

Not sure about the 3rd one, no news yet.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 3:59pm:
I know at least 2 PC members on Sarlona who got 2 week ban for duping.

Not sure about the 3rd one, no news yet.

Well really if your going to have those dirty Sarlonians on the PC what do you expect! It's like asking Germans to a pool party and being surprised when they put towels on all the best lounges right away! it's just their nature!

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #21 - May 5th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Arnos wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 11:00am:
If people can get banned for getting mailed items....

Just curious why MANY people in this area haven't mailed the obvious paladins.

hahahaha
i like the way you think!

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #22 - May 5th, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:44am:

That really sucks :/  Anyone know the GM who did it? Is it particularly to the GM?

It all just looks so unfair. I would really like to know what is going on.

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 5th, 2014 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
That guy is a fucking douche bag! He prides himself on being a dick.  Fuck him. I bet that fuckwad exploited hard! I love how he pulls the innocent card. Everyone is a innocent lil princess when push comes to shove. He should have checked his fucking inventory befor making a stink on the forums the past few months. Serves him right. To bad they did not ban his self righteous ass from the forums as well.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #24 - May 5th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I dont care if people exploit, if they dont exploit, if they report or if they dont give a damn. I just want to exploit as much as i can and never get caught.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint