Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guy claims ban from duped large scales from au (Read 16574 times)
mattyboy
Ex Member

Re: Guy claims ban from duped large scales from au
Reply #50 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 7:21pm:
Still, it's worth knowing we can grief-ban someone, now. Turbine will help, no questions asked.

as long as your not on the Players council that is.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 8:21pm by »  

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #51 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 7:50pm:
Ever play that game, assassin? Get a group, each person gets someone else's name. That's their target. You can only assassinate someone when you are alone with them. Just get them alone, hand them the paper with their name on it: they dead. For added variety, add a location you have to be alone with them. Winner is the last one left alive.

We're now playing assassin, except legal targets are whoever pisses you off.

This game kinda sucks.  Undecided

Yeah, especially because not everyone can get "Assassinated" by GM's, seems pretty lame that plebs like the OP and even you Revaulting can catch a Ban in a eyeblink but members of the PC just get a slap on the wrist accompanied by a stern talking to, and are sworn to silence. Sad
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 8:20pm by »  

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #52 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah, especially because not everyone can get "Assassinated" by GM's, seems pretty lame that plebs like the OP and even you Revaulting can catch a Ban in a eyeblink but members of the PC just get a slap on the wrist accompanied by a stern talking to, and are sworn to silence. Sad

Assassinating a GM in a game they control is fairly problematic as well.

Which is how the PC enjoy the extension of that immunity.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 8:56pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #53 - May 9th, 2014 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 8:55pm:
Assassinating a GM in a game they control is fairly problematic as well.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #54 - May 9th, 2014 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
It's a good thing I'm not on the PC .... I'd be duping and mailing shit like crazy.

Than again my squelch list would be empty ... I'd be playing moar pugs to get some names on it.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 9:36pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #55 - May 9th, 2014 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Who's left of the thought police? The brains  went down the drain years ago and went swimming with bow legged woman so they can do it ,on your time and money . Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - May 9th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
BAMBIBEER wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 9:34pm:
Who's left of the thought police? The brains  went down the drain years ago and went swimming with bow legged woman so they can do it ,on your time and money . Smiley

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Is all i got to say to you.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #57 - May 9th, 2014 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 9:32pm:
It's a good thing I'm not on the PC .... I'd be duping and mailing shit like crazy.

Than again my squelch list would be empty ... I'd be playing moar pugs to get some names on it.

Dude your are the third person to mention today that they should have joined the PC for just such a reason!  I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that Jerry-the-hut failed to mention the xploit immunity that is a fringe benefit of being on the PC, when he announced turbine was forming it. Can only imagine how insanely happy xploiting PC members were when then realized they have a free pass.   Smiley
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 10:42pm by »  

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #58 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Right now we have vaulties on the PC  ... and I am wondering why they dont have a bank vault door in their sig ...

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #59 - May 10th, 2014 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Well it's the old saying "go along to get along"

We used to have vaulties on the PC. Now the PC has members you used to be Vaulties. Magmal was just the first attempt to co-op the vault, just as the PC was, both have proved to be really effective. Hell, Jerry-the-hut had new some of the new PC members who had Choned out of the vault come back here in a effort to find out even more. Don't fool yourself into not believing that Turbine not all only knows they are on the Vault but encourages and benefits from it.

Oh well,  the bright side those old vaulties on the PC can dupe and xploit like motherfuckers and not catch a ban, thanks to the super secret do make us look bad free passes they get as members.

*note in some cases they would dupe and xploit like fuckermothers as opposed to motherfuckers due to gender issues.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 2:04pm by »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #60 - May 10th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh well,  the bright side those old vaulties on the PC can dupe and xploit like motherfuckers and not catch a ban, thanks to the super secret do make us look bad free passes they get as members.

*note in some cases they would dupe and xploit like fuckermothers as opposed to motherfuckers due to gender issues.

are you suggesting that players who aren't on the JCJ (Jerry's Circle Jerk) who receive possibly duped mats via in game mail would get a ban, but a player who is on the JCJ who openly asks for duped otto;s boxes on the motherforums wouldn't get a ban?

say it isn't true!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #61 - May 10th, 2014 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 10th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
are you suggesting that players who aren't on the JCJ (Jerry's Circle Jerk) who receive possibly duped mats via in game mail would get a ban, but a player who is on the JCJ who openly asks for duped otto;s boxes on the shithole DDO forums wouldn't get a ban?

say it isn't true!

Sadly I cannot say that young yobai, because it is true. 

But chin up! while I may despise a couple of the PC/vaulties for being hypocritical and pretending they don't xploit, or as you pointed out beg for duped otto stones on the Motherboard, I also take great comfort knowing that some of our brethren (the quiet non-spinning ones) are fucking duping like mad!!

Truly by getting those spots on the PC they performed a xploit even Ollie could not do, Carte blanche Bitches!!!

So cheer up and try to live vicariously through their escapades! 

Because in the end there is not a fucking thing we can do about it!
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 5:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #62 - May 10th, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah, especially because not everyone can get "Assassinated" by GM's, seems pretty lame that plebs like the OP and even you Revaulting can catch a Ban in a eyeblink but members of the PC just get a slap on the wrist accompanied by a stern talking to, and are sworn to silence.

Quote:

Quote:
Truly by getting those spots on the PC they performed a xploit even Ollie could not do, Carte blanche Bitches!!!

Astraghal?

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #63 - May 10th, 2014 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 10th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
Astraghal?

Sadly Mr. Revaulting, voting is now closed, but considering you voted for the entire PC and all vault posters I am sure your covered..... but you can't win  Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #64 - May 10th, 2014 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sadly Mr. Revaulting, voting is now closed, but considering you voted for the entire PC and all vault posters I am sure your covered..... but you can't win

No. I was commenting on a striking resemblance to certain dead-horse beater....

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #65 - May 10th, 2014 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 10th, 2014 at 6:55pm:
No. I was commenting on a striking resemblance to certain dead-horse beater....

Oh! I am really sorry, I live for your approval, this is just horrible for me....

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #66 - May 10th, 2014 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh! I am really sorry, I live for your approval, this is just horrible for me....

Yes, I know. And we are both aware how critical the issue is.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #67 - May 11th, 2014 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Please hold me....... Cry

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #68 - May 11th, 2014 at 12:10am
Print Post  
And all joking aside, do you really think the mail-box grief ban technique is widespread? 

The OP (poor fucker) is the only person I know of this happening to.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #69 - May 11th, 2014 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
And all joking aside, do you really think the mail-box grief ban technique is widespread? 

The OP (poor fucker) is the only person I know of this happening to.

Soontm

IP Logged

_
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - May 11th, 2014 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:05am:
wow. i afk in front of the bank all the time. usually because i never do maintenance so that when i finally get around to a thorough clean out it takes me hours.

also, if any staff are out there reading this a message to convey from someone who was talking to me today and asked me to say it (why they can't say it themselves idk) - they're getting pretty sick of the people who were some of the biggest exploiters not being touched. they are unimpressed with the bannings because they seem to be the small fish and not these obvious people. it therefore seems to them that everyone's just duping and no one is getting caught so that the only people who suffer are those who haven't exploited. they also say all the prices are affected (i can't check that bit as i rarely shop) and this has really put them off the game.

and if you're still reading - would love to be able to buy legitimate boxes from the store. please? my holidays are over now though so it will be a while before i use them.

1v1 me mid techies.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #71 - May 11th, 2014 at 4:14am
Print Post  
_ wrote on May 11th, 2014 at 4:12am:

hahahahahahahahahahahah! stop stop hahahahahahahhaha it hurts!! hahahahahahahha

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #72 - May 11th, 2014 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on May 5th, 2014 at 9:05am:
they also say all the prices are affected (i can't check that bit as i rarely shop) and this has really put them off the game.

the only people who complain about 'the prices' or 'the economy' are the fucks trying to extort other players on the AH or ASH.

duping is actually good for 90% of the players because it LOWERS prices.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - May 11th, 2014 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 11th, 2014 at 8:51am:
duping is actually good for 90% of the players because it LOWERS prices.

I think you are going way off on a tangent in order to defend your argument. Massive duping of items or currency is extremely hurtful for later participants, be it a real world or a game world economy. So, unless ddo is going to miraculously survive with very few new players, I would infer that you are incorrect.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - May 11th, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on May 11th, 2014 at 11:34am:
I think you are going way off on a tangent in order to defend your argument. Massive duping of items or currency is extremely hurtful for later participants, be it a real world or a game world economy. So, unless ddo is going to miraculously survive with very few new players, I would infer that you are incorrect.

meh. diablo 2 pretty much has dupe bug for life, still bigger population

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint