Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Major Malphunction: few questions from player (Read 12073 times)
cabal41
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Major Malphunction: few questions from player
Reply #25 - May 7th, 2014 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Monkcher is popular because it can solo fast compared to other ranged classes. You don't see a ranger solo because that would take 3 times longer.

Nerf monkchers and people will just move to the next best RANGED build. Everything in the game is easier with ranged, that's a problem with the content, not with specific builds.

IP Logged

Steiner
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 7th, 2014 at 2:32am
Print Post  
How about nerf the FOTM builds, nerf EE a little, raise up EH a little, and make epic normal more viable? Also of course increase the incentive to run epic elite.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 7th, 2014 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Steiner wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 2:32am:
How about nerf the FOTM builds, nerf EE a little, raise up EH a little, and make epic normal more viable? Also of course increase the incentive to run epic elite.

Sorry I don't get what you mean by epic normal viable? what isn't feasible on epic normal?

Even If you nerf all the FOTM builds. Players. Will. Make. New. Builds. Then nerf those too, rinse, and repeat? How long can Turbine keep doing that and not learn from it? Swashbuckler!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - May 7th, 2014 at 4:44am
Print Post  

IMO:

They should nerf some build possibilities, e.g. Shiradi spell casting and ranged fury shotting.

EE shouldn't be nerfed, it should be made harder (with an incentive to run it). Both EH and EN diffs should be raised. It should require a skilled player with any class to even solo EN. Epic Casual can be used for soloing.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2014 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Steiner wrote on May 6th, 2014 at 4:52pm:
Solo'ers of EE raids are doing this on exact one and only build.
This build is either too strong (if you dont intend any build to solo EE raids) OR other builds are too weak (if you do intend some builds to solo EE raids).

If one build can do and other builds cant, maybe there is some problem with balancing?

Monchers (monk-archers) appeared in late 2011 - start of 2012.
Already back then it was obvious that they are based on DDO poor balancing and use DDO poor balancing to the max.

You have plenty of posts on forums.

Like this one, from april 2013:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415612-Concerned-about-the-future-of-D...

Can we have a comment on this matter from you? Seeing new raids (EE, byoh) full of mostly monchers - do you think this is norm? Do you think it is norm that for every 10 monchers you will be lucky to find one pure monk? Is it norm that monk with splash is much better then pure ranger as ranged physical dps?

1).  Find a copy of the film 'The Dictator' starring Sacha
Baron Cohen
2).  Find the segment of the film where Hairy Potter
'teaches' Al-a-din how to masturbate.
3).  Monkey see, monkey do.

I'm sure things won't seem quite so bad then...

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - May 7th, 2014 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Monchers (monk-archers) appeared in late 2011 - start of 2012.
Already back then it was obvious that they are based on DDO poor balancing and use DDO poor balancing to the max.

They came earlier than that, I started my thread in april 2011.  I think you'll find alot started in March 2011 when the bow of sinew and the extra crit multiplier appeared in u9 on lammania.

The changes to 10k stars came in lat 2011 which made things even more awesome Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2014 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 3:00am:
Even If you nerf all the FOTM builds. Players. Will. Make. New. Builds. Then nerf those too, rinse, and repeat? How long can Turbine keep doing that and not learn from it? Swashbuckler!

This is only true to an extent. Whatever build you come up with, it won't be as good as Monkchers, Cetus or as easy as Shiradi Spammers with Nerve Venom being OP.

But even if you were right, start nerfing those above builds and let's see what build will rise. These builds are good only for 1 thing: discover and underline the most OP abilities with synergies that the Devs didn't think about.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 5:51am by Shuy »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2014 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 12:05am:
FoT solo by a non monkcher

Lol what is the difference.
70 dex Shuriken Mortal Fear tosser in Shiradi is the same thing.
Except with perma "pinned" trash.
Just not so popular.

Silly Shiradi, worst thing that ever happened to ddo.
Load of cheese for people that can't play for shit.

Also Steiner = favourite Khyber hardcore ?
Grow some cojones and don't hide. Or fuck you whoever you are pretending to be him.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441735-We-need-something-to-make-ubers...

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 7:07am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Thank you in advance for your reply.

p.s.
Also, triple completionists + epic completionists playing monchers puzzle me. Do your really need this over 9000 past lives to play easy button i-win build that perfectly works even for 1st lifers in EE content?

Show me your first life monkcher soloing EE FoT. I have monkcher and I do enjoy it a lot. It is OP in some particular quests but I worked hard for it. A lot of grind and farming gear. A lot of twinking and still I am not satisfied. If you think you can roll monkcher, jump in the first EE raid and easily solo it, you're wrong.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 7:32am:
Show me your first life monkcher soloing EE FoT.

Ive did that on mine, not perching.

Quote:
If you think you can roll monkcher, jump in the first EE raid and easily solo it, you're wrong.

the only reason I ever tred my monkcher was because how easy boxes were to acquire. If not for them id still have a 32pt helf monkcher, and id still be capable of soloing EE. Its wasn't a case of jumping in though, I spent a long time gearing and learning how to play it well.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #35 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 7:44am:
If not for them id still have a 32pt helf monkcher, and id still be capable of soloing EE. Its wasn't a case of jumping in though, I spent a long time gearing and learning how to play it well.

That is what I meant. This build won't automatically grant you succes. I have seen many monkchers in the past who simply sucked or were just average because they didn't know how to play it or didn't have gear/tomes/whatever.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 8:45am:
That is what I meant. This build won't automatically grant you succes. I have seen many monkchers in the past who simply sucked or were just average because they didn't know how to play it or didn't have gear/tomes/whatever.

This also applies for lots of other FotM builds, not just Monkchers. The CitW boxes made it a bit easier, but still applies for new toons... unless you've got the resources to pass on boxes.

Shiradi casters might be an exception though.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 6:44am:
Lol what is the difference.
70 dex Shuriken Mortal Fear tosser in Shiradi is the same thing.
Except with perma "pinned" trash.
Just not so popular.

Silly Shiradi, worst thing that ever happened to ddo.
Load of cheese for people that can't play for shit.

Also Steiner = favourite Khyber hardcore ?
Grow some cojones and don't hide. Or fuck you whoever you are pretending to be him.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441735-We-need-something-to-make-ubers...

Not in shiradi .... unless you can twist unbridled rage now ... and the difference is that it is not a monkcher. OP is calling for nerf of monkcher's specifically because only they can solo EE content. THAT is what makes the video a relevant rebuttal.

Also no pin or nerve venom and colors is turned off. Probably because they didnt care to spend 45 minutes soloing only to get frozen and one shotted. Shiradi has already been nerfed.

As for not being able to play for shit ... that is some skill right there. FoT has quite a few things to keep track of. Not saying it's Cetus skill but it's more than about 80% of the players I group with on PuGs (of which I am generally 1 of 2 ranged toons not counting casters which is another rebuttal of the OP).

Now, I couldn't make a Cetus build work for me. Had to revert to a fully ranged toon despite massive headbutting the wall determined effort .... so yeah I recognize skill when I see it in this little microcosm of a game. Calling this guy unskilled without proof of your prowess is loathsome. Especially when you can't even recognize what destiny they are in. You should DIAF. Then again calling out Steiner's bullshit may earn a reprieve .... maybe just melt a limb instead.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 9:35am by Daze »  

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 5:49am:
These builds are good only for 1 thing: discover and underline the most OP abilities with synergies that the Devs didn't think about.

Devs have a hard time thinking about synergies obviously ...

Swashbuckler!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 12:05am:
FoT solo by a non monkcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1rLXwQ5pU

and before you start crying 'but that's not EE' read the description.

Icing on the cake

Like the thrower-builds are any less bullshit?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #40 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:37am
Print Post  

Madmatt said the EXACT same thing on the Turbine forums.  Hmmmmm . . .

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 9:36am:
Like the thrower-builds are any less bullshit?

Not that it is relevant to the thread but how is a ranged build bullshit?

It's currently the best way to do EE because, well ... Turbine.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #42 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 9:38am:
Not that it is relevant to the thread but how is a ranged build bullshit?

It's currently the best way to do EE because, well ... Turbine.

Ranged in general is over-powered in the current DDO because of what you said above, Turbine doesn't understand synergies.  The damage is comprable to melee, more if you can properly utilize IPS (player skill comes in here).  Add in the best defense in the game - stay far enough away from the mobs that they can't get a physics-check on a hit -  and this is where it becomes bullshit.

But don't hate the player, nothing wrong with adapting to a broken game.  But some of the things that certain combinations over-powered should be looked at and adjusted if this isn't what was intended by the developers.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #43 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 9:46am:
Ranged in general is over-powered in the current DDO because of what you said above, Turbine doesn't understand synergies.  The damage is comprable to melee, more if you can properly utilize IPS (player skill comes in here).  Add in the best defense in the game - stay far enough away from the mobs that they can't get a physics-check on a hit -  and this is where it becomes bullshit.

But don't hate the player, nothing wrong with adapting to a broken game.  But some of the things that certain combinations over-powered should be looked at and adjusted if this isn't what was intended by the developers.

Disregarding how you know what the developers intend. (translating the stupid they have implemented is hard yo)

How is fixing the game breaking the means with which it can be played?

If you want to nerf monkchers and by extension all ranged ... make melee survivable. I for one will stop playing ranged toons with that one change right there.

Alternatively you could add difficulty to quests without over inflated dmg and HP's. Making mobs jump up and down to avoid arrows when they are kited as an example. Intelligent usage of spells and teamwork are also an example. With that comes the lowering of dmg, saves and HP's. All of which can be done without pissing off the player base.

But no ... instead we have to contend with idiotic threads like this one.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 11:33am by Daze »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #44 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Steiner bitching about Monkchers and/or Shiradi really should not draw more than one reply.  It must be a new month.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #45 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 6th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I don't see a lot of "monkchers" on Sarlona. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Or maybe they're more popular on the forums than they are in game.

people moved to shuriken builds because it's better/more comfortable to play a thrower in shiradi than a fury monkcher with all those clickies, or at least that's what Rahmanii once told in party chat

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #46 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 11:36am:
Steiner bitching about Monkchers and/or Shiradi really should not draw more than one reply.  It must be a new month.

After all the threads and posters on the main forums I had to be respectful to I couldn't resist teeing off on this asshole.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I rhink the problem isn't so much that ranged is OP in EE as it is that melee is just at a huge disadvantage againt trash mobs that hit for 250+ HP a shot and the uselessness of AC.

I was looking at some EE level 27+ named loot item that was hammer/spear block mitigate 20HP physical damage or something pathetic.

Armour just doesn't scale up to EE. Top end EE heavy armour should make you a walking Abrahams Battle tank. Instead you scrimp and scratch around EDs, etc. for a few points of PRR whereever you can get it.

Turbine just doesn't employ anyone who even remotely understands game design and balance.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #48 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 11:44am:
people moved to shuriken builds because it's better/more comfortable to play a thrower in shiradi than a fury monkcher with all those clickies, or at least that's what Rahmanii once told in party chat

Rah has been a ranged guy for as long as I can remember. If he is moving on to shurikens... well..

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #49 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 11:44am:

Ha, that supports the feedback during the enhancement changes that they didn't listen to. So many players said "not so many clickies on a ranged character" because you're dealing with space and positioning too. So instead a new niche where you can enjoy it outside of bow. Interesting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint