Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PC vs Developers round 1. Fight! (Read 7569 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

PC vs Developers round 1. Fight!
May 7th, 2014 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
It's a pretty well known fact that I don't care for IronClan that much. Unfortunately, he has been antagonizing Turbine more and more lately, making it harder to dislike him.

Steelstar doesn't seem to agree with IC's stance on the role that the PC has played/is playing with regard to the SWF/swashbuckler stuff.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441556-Swashbuckler-Update-amp-Single-...

IronClan
Quote:
We tried to point this out in the Player Council discussions many times but you guys kept asking us to focus on the Bard tree, and we kept telling you we needed the Horses in front of the Cart before we could tell you how much cargo space the cart might need to get the job done.

Steelstar
Quote:
We were quite open with the Council about the status of the SWF feats at the time (mainly, that they hadn't been nailed down in the early looks at the tree), and never dissuaded discussion about the feats (or SWF in general) to have people focus on the tree. The feedback we received on the subject was essentially "SWF is presently underpowered even with Swashbuckler, so any SWF feats should help improve DPS", which was heard loud and clear. Beyond that, there was little to no discussion about carts and horses.

If individuals believe that Single Weapon Fighting in its current proposed form is still underpowered, I'd encourage them to try it out on Lamannia when it opens. We're still open to feedback.

I like it.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Re: PC vs Developers round 1. Fight!
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
The more you like him the less they do.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2014 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I suppose if they make SWF apply to handwraps, it would quiet down most of the unwashed masses. After all, monks get buffed, it must be good.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2014 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 10:08pm:
I suppose if they make SWF apply to handwraps, it would quiet down most of the unwashed masses. After all, monks get buffed, it must be good.

lol and they can get it to work with 2wf feats, hmmm might need to splash for moar feats Cheesy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2014 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Not sure of the point...

But anyway Steelstar is not really telling the truth.

Yes they told us that they intended to add SWF Feats to make Swashbuckler more viable.
No they didn't give us any information about them and told us that they weren't in a presentable form when we asked and that the thing under discussion was the tree.

From there since we had no clue about the Feats and we could only talk about the tree... ( which is weak in itself. ) we did talk about the tree. ( IMO the tree would be better with some TWF ( small weapons ) allowed instead of a buckler )

The feedback that was given was not SWF is presently underpowered even with Swashbuckler, so any SWF feats should help improve DPS. The feedback was : SWF in whatever form currently in game, and even with the swashbuckler tree do not reach the DPS output of TWF/THF, as such, and due to the SWF restrictions on it, the SWBr tree will be overlooked and the bard class ( already considered a weak class ) will still be a the lets fill that last spot class.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2014 at 2:31am
Print Post  
And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:31am
Print Post  
I can tell you exactly what the problem is.

He's is clueless on offering feedback. When you get asked on a tree then comment on that tree and make a separate thread on concerns not related. I.e If you think bards are weak (as I do) then make those points somewhere else. Jumping on a soapbox every opportunity in every thread makes you that crazy guy in the parking lot in terms of how much attention I'll pay. The feats were released when Swashbuckler was released to the public already and so the feats go there for feedback as well. No reason to keep them to the PC. Not that much of a big deal on that side. The stuff IC is complaining about is separate from the tree and was mentioned but we were asked to wait for the feats before shooting it down completely. If SWF was an effective style then the tree is effective as it stands. As far as I'm concerned that's a pretty important fact. If they do make SWF viable then the tree works. If they don't then the tree falls flat. The PC never discussed SWF except in passing on the tree. The biggest problem I have with the tree is that is still gives no reason to play a bard whether the style is effective or not. I'm still better off playing a PDK with a GS.

That guy derails every thread with whines so I agree with rest, the vault should like him. There's a whole bunch of other points discussed that has Steel at a disadvantage because he is being attacked in public about something that can't be proven. I especially love how everyone automatically assumes that game additions and changes are the devs fault. It's a bit naive. IC got answered in the PC section on his whines. He could have just commented on what was being asked but instead he did his little lecture BS in public again so I'm not surprised he's getting ignored. I am surprised Steel answered though because it was a cowardly move on IC's part. I do expect that of him though. He should have stuck to the subject at hand but he chose to take cheap shots.

The rest of us commented on the tree, we were answered on the limitations, it now goes to Lam for more feedback which either shows the PC were right or wrong. That's why I said in another thread to make comments there.

Any person being intentionally antagonistic is an idiot and should probably step back. Having a temper tantrums on changes to a game you didn't like is just silly. It's getting tiring seeing the same twits throwing toys at every change. The game has changed, you either accept it and see if it still works for you or you find a new game that does instead. If you don't like something say so. I want the game to be back to before TR's. Not going to happen. The guy seems to think his arse should be kissed. Whether Turbine is right or wrong makes no difference.

You do have to ask yourself though, if someone like IC is starting to make sense...think on why he wasn't liked by everyone here and then think on why you think he makes sense now. the game would be better if people could get beyond their bitterness and offer financially viable options because right now anything requiring skill is getting sucked out the game by those whining louder about how hard it all is.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2014 at 3:51am by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2014 at 5:37am
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 8:55pm:
It's a pretty well known fact that I don't care for IronClan that much. Unfortunately, he has been antagonizing Turbine more and more lately, making it harder to dislike him.

Indeed; I've been having a similar crisis of faith.  It turns
out that it's a pretty weird experience when someone you
were convinced was a complete tit turns out not to be.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2014 at 5:38am by Jeff_Stryker »  

IP Logged

JustOneGuy
Korthos Resident

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:08am
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 8:55pm:

The enemy of my enemy can still be a giant dillweed.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 3:31am:
I especially love how everyone automatically assumes that game additions and changes are the devs fault. It's a bit naive.

Then who is at fault?  Santa?  Jesus?  Peter North?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 1:56am:
Not sure of the point...

But anyway Steelstar is not really telling the truth.

You say you don't get the point, and then post the exact point right after.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 2:31am:
And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5d2jthbTB1r8gsqgo2_250.gif

You cared enough to post about it, and link the gif from your sig so we get to see it twice   Kiss

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:33am
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 10:30am:
You cared enough to post about it, and link the gif from your sig so we get to see it twice   Kiss

That's just her way of telling you how much she needs to make sure you know that she doesnt care.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 10:33am:
That's just her way of telling you how much she needs to make sure you know that she doesnt care.

I thought it was like using a double-negative so one cancels out the other.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #14 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
I especially love how everyone automatically assumes that game additions and changes are the devs fault. It's a bit naive.

wtf? Is it Ironclans fault then?

What exactly is naive about thinking that when a DEVELOPER makes ... or ... DEVELOPS something bad it is their own damn fault?

EDIT:After reading the rest of that wall of text I find myself wondering how it is you are capable of reading and writing at all.

I think we have our answer as to why Ironclan took it public....
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2014 at 10:56am by Daze »  

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #15 - May 8th, 2014 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 10:47am:

What exactly is naive about thinking that when a DEVELOPER makes ... or ... DEVELOPS something bad it is their own damn fault?

For bugs, blame the developer; for useless abilities, blame the designer.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #16 - May 8th, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 10:52am:
For bugs, blame the developer; for useless abilities, blame the designer.

lol

You do realize that the term developer includes design, art, programming and testing ... at least in video games.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2014 at 11:10am by Daze »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - May 8th, 2014 at 11:10am
Print Post  
EDIT:After reading the rest of that wall of text I find myself wondering how it is you are capable of reading and writing at all.

Good laws, you went back and read the rest of that? Grin

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 8th, 2014 at 2:11pm
Print Post  

Really.  Blaming dev's for the crap they call product it not there fault?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 8th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  

Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 2:11pm:
Really.  Blaming dev's for the crap they call product it not there fault?

You're being naive, guys Roll Eyes

Racckxzkaszak- your name is so fuking retarded-has the answers. He's on the PC. We should listen to him.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #20 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 2:43pm:

Racckxzkaszak- your name is so fuking retarded-has the answers. 

If you trick him into saying his own name backwards will he be forced to return to his home dimension?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #21 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  

No.

The developers who repeatedly half-ass their work are the ones showing a lack of wisdom, poor judgement, and an unwillingness to take past experiences into consideration.

By definition, the developers are the naive ones, not the people pointing it out.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #22 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 8th, 2014 at 3:11pm:
No.

The developers who repeatedly half-ass their work are the ones showing a lack of wisdom, poor judgement, and an unwillingness to take past experiences into consideration.

By definition, the developers are the naive ones, not the people pointing it out.

I thought he left already... Wait, I misread, he was the only one good at his job.. right.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 8th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  

Any person being intentionally antagonistic is an idiot and should probably step back.

So should he "step back" for three months like silver?  Did he get put on the PC so he could step back as well?  was he or anyone on the PC who's comportment you don't approve put there to be seen and not heard? 

Or here is a great question for you "O'wise one" did he change when he was put on the PC?  or was he the same soapboxing aggro poster when they appointed him?

See Turbine is just reaping what they sowed, you put people who are contrary and loud on your PC they will be contrary and loud. If you put people who xploit on the PC they will xploit, If you put people who are just going to stick their noses up your butt and tow the company line on the PC... well your going to put out shitty new trees.

I could go on, with the whole if you put this on the PC then you get that routine, I am sure vaulties could come up with some hilarious ones but I don't want to derail this thread. Maybe I should start one for that.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2014 at 3:26pm by »  

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 8th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  

He's is clueless on offering feedback. When you get asked on a tree then comment on that tree and make a separate thread on concerns not related.

So the devs can then ignore it completely.

The devs want the game their way. Its a simple ego thing. They want to be the creators.

The only way to get them to budge on anything is to hammer away at them. Often. Loudly. And even then the devs will only budge a little.

There is simply no point offering opinions on a new enhancement tree when you have absolutely no idea how the related feats are going to work. Its a complete waste of everyones' time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint