Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New Ship Amenities are here (Read 41951 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: New Ship Amenities are here
Reply #75 - May 12th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 6:09pm:
That is the special place where the captain takes you...  Billy Boy, the Captain's Joy...

Captain Buugre's Cabin.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Expinst
Epic Poster

EU gamer.

Reply #76 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
how about the xp required for each level?
We know level 100 is 50,000,000 and 200 is 283,125,000 what about in between?

i would like to know where my guild will stand when the update hits, exponential graph math is long forgotten.

is there a chart up somewhere? if not, can anyone can post it?

None of this shit really matters.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #77 - May 13th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
This is a joke right?  All the broken and half-finished shit in this game and they decide to, instead, completely replace one of the few (arguably) working systems?  What the actual fuck?

This is sooooo Turbine - something in the game kinda works so they just have to replace it with something (guaranteed to be) broken and unfinished...  This has as much chance of ever being extended to level 200 as crafting does.

This - THIS - is where the dev time is going?  Get your priorities straight you morons.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
This is a joke right?  All the broken and half-finished shit in this game and they decide to, instead, completely replace one of the few (arguably) working systems?  What the actual fuck?

This is sooooo Turbine - something in the game kinda works so they just have to replace it with something (guaranteed to be) broken and unfinished...  This has as much chance of ever being extended to level 200 as crafting does.

This - THIS - is where the dev time is going?  Get your priorities straight you morons.

Yes!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #79 - May 14th, 2014 at 2:24am
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 7:53pm:

I'm going to make a wild assed guess here as to why they do it that way.

For them it's probably simpler to scrap the spaghetti code and write some new code than to try to waddle through the all the undocumented and not commented mess left by previous coders.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #80 - May 14th, 2014 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:24am:
I'm going to make a wild assed guess here as to why they do it that way.

For them it's probably simpler to scrap the spaghetti code and write some new code than to try to waddle through the all the undocumented and not commented mess left by previous coders.

The old code also doesn't allow to much in the way of additions. Remember Shroud always breaking or bugs appearing when changes were made? They have to rewrite systems which they've been doing slowly over the last couple years. Obviously not fast enough for everyone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #81 - May 14th, 2014 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I wonder if they've learned anything from their past mistakes. Will the new code be just as poorly written, undocumented, buggy, and unmaintainable as the code they are replacing?

my guess is "Duh, Turdbin".

And the complaint I have, and apparently others have too, is they aren't rewriting the implementation of an existing game system, they are replacing a game system and writing a new implementation to go with it. The difference is they now start from zero again on balance and support systems and interaction with other systems. And it is yet another system players have to learn.

I get the feeling that Turdbin employees don't wash their clothes, they just stop at Walmart once every few weeks and replace the grubby stinking ones they are wearing with new ones that will be grubby and stinking in a few weeks ...

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #82 - May 14th, 2014 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 12:05pm:
I get the feeling that Turdbin employees don't wash their clothes, they just stop at Walmart once every few weeks and replace the grubby stinking ones they are wearing with new ones that will be grubby and stinking in a few weeks ...

they just hire new employees to fill the same grubby stinky clothes.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #83 - May 14th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
LOL, awesome!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #84 - May 14th, 2014 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:24am:

My point is - why are they touching this at all?  "Guild ships are the biggest problem in DDO" - said no one, EVER.

I would have no problem with these changes, two years (or however long) from now after all their other shit is fixed and completed.  Instead they are spending time now 'fixing' something that isn't really broken.

Someone else said it here before better than me: The Turbine way is to keep fixing things until they are broken.  That is obviously still their MO.

It's getting so I'm looking forward to maintenance mode.  At least then they'll stop breaking shit.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #85 - May 14th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Yea, they like touching stuff that is working perfect, like wasting time on secret doors, now this.
Im glad they are making this, but there are much better things to address like 4 lvl max for epics.

IP Logged

GamerGirl
Korthos Resident

Reply #86 - May 14th, 2014 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 4:58pm:
My point is - why are they touching this at all?  "Guild ships are the biggest problem in DDO" - said no one, EVER.

I would have no problem with these changes, two years (or however long) from now after all their other shit is fixed and completed.  Instead they are spending time now 'fixing' something that isn't really broken.

Someone else said it here before better than me: The Turbine way is to keep fixing things until they are broken.  That is obviously still their MO.

It's getting so I'm looking forward to maintenance mode.  At least then they'll stop breaking shit.

I understand completely what you are saying, and you are right. but, they aren't really fixing guild airships and amenities, they are adding to them or replacing them. (it's my understanding that turbine has different departments for fixes than new content, i may be wrong there)

I know time should be spent on other things with a higher priority but they also need to attract players and keep players happy and one thing players have been bitching about for so long is amenities and now they are finally addressing that.

the way i look on it is this, they made things so grindy that sometimes it's just a nightmare to log on and slog through all the epic quests, again, for whatever.

It may not be much but it's something new and shiny and will add something new and exciting and most of the player base, imo, will like it. plus the added competition for the high end guilds is kind of fun, helps the dulldrums.

And, to be perfectly honest, it's not like turbine has any clue on how to fix what is the top priorities and there will always be some bug or other with weapons, gear, ED's, whatever, that will never end, EVER.

so why not have a few new cool things to make the journey more bearable
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2014 at 6:12pm by GamerGirl »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #87 - May 14th, 2014 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
They have a department for fixes?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

GamerGirl
Korthos Resident

Reply #88 - May 14th, 2014 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
They have a department for fixes?

lol i don't know for sure, i've seen people say so on the forums, take that for what's it's worth

IP Logged

RandomName
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - May 14th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 12:15pm:
they just hire new employees to fill the same grubby stinky clothes.

Legacy clothes to go with the legacy code[s].  An interesting concept

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #90 - May 14th, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 6:07pm:
Yea, they like touching stuff that is working perfect, like wasting time on secret doors, now this.

that changed the game for the better. Roll Eyes

at least it serves as trollbait for Chai.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #91 - May 14th, 2014 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
GamerGirl wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 6:08pm:
I understand completely what you are saying, and you are right. but, they aren't really fixing guild airships and amenities, they are adding to them or replacing them. (it's my understanding that turbine has different departments for fixes than new content, i may be wrong there)

I know time should be spent on other things with a higher priority but they also need to attract players and keep players happy and one thing players have been bitching about for so long is amenities and now they are finally addressing that.

the way i look on it is this, they made things so grindy that sometimes it's just a nightmare to log on and slog through all the epic quests, again, for whatever.

It may not be much but it's something new and shiny and will add something new and exciting and most of the player base, imo, will like it. plus the added competition for the high end guilds is kind of fun, helps the dulldrums.

And, to be perfectly honest, it's not like turbine has any clue on how to fix what is the top priorities and there will always be some bug or other with weapons, gear, ED's, whatever, that will never end, EVER.

so why not have a few new cool things to make the journey more bearable

Gamer girl - not sure they have enough staff left for actual depts.
After the last lot of cuts, rough numbers from memory, they have 4 devs, 1-2 coders and 3 producers (with Glin, the new lady we heard from once and never again, and now with MajMal).  So yes, they have 3 chiefs for 6 or so Indians.

I understand your point, but with finite resources, there really are things that are higher priority than new shineys.....

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - May 14th, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441927-List-of-the-new-Guild-Amenities

Madja posted this on forums. Cred to OP.

List of the new Guild Amenities.
I've compiled this list of the various new amenities added in the update.

Please be aware that the buffs scale with level. All the buffs were tested at Character Level 28 and Guild Level 200 (Bonus info: 283,125,000 renown is needed to reach this level).

Some info from Turbine:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille  View Post
Durations are intended to be 3 hours at a base, increasing up to 5 hours as your guild gains levels (there are specific levels that grant 30 minute duration bonuses).
Most numbers for effects should be accurate for your feedback, etc.
Yes, we're intentionally changing Energy Resistance to lower but stacking numbers.
Nearly every effect is using the bonus type Guild. Note that we've changed the bonus types on some of the old amenities to also be of type Guild for the sake of stacking concerns. (Ability scores are no longer Artifact bonuses, for instance.)
Spellpower is not intended to be 100 times more than the text says.
Many effects scale with player level from 1-10, 11-20, and 21+. This isn't true for every bonus, however.
Exact renown curve is still subject to some review.
Please let me know if you notice anything missing!
Also do note that I haven't tested if the buffs actually do what the say they do.

Onto the amenities:

Guild Level 10:

Sign of the Silver Flame I: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist & +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower. (Incorrect description - Meant to give fire resistance)

Shrine to the Devourer I: +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Resist & +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Spellpower.

Stormreaver Memorial I: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist & +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower.

Shrine of Experience I: +1% experience

Three Finger Thad's: General Vendor

The Orien Express: Mailbox, Auction House and Bank

Guild Level 11:

Farshifter's Chambers: Teleporter with included Hall of Heroes teleport. (Works like the ones used to travel between the houses of stormreach).

Guild Level 12:

Chronoscope: +3 Guild Bonus to Reflex saving throws & +40% Enhancement bonus to movement speed while in public areas (does not stack with Phiarlin Pendant of Time or Haste).

Guild Level 13:

Sellsword's Tavern: Your Hirelings gain +3 to all ability scores.

Guild Level 14:

(Large) Bathhouse: +10% Healing Amplification, your range of uncounsciousness extends by +15 hitpoints & you receive 10% less damage while helpless.

Guild Level 15:

Floating Rock Garden: +2 Strength & +2 Wisdom. (Possibly other bonuses aswell, the buff doesn't explain it's effect).

Guild Level 16:

Paradoxical Puzzle Box: +2 Dexterity & +2 Intelligence. (Possibly other bonuses aswell, the buff doesn't explain it's effect).

Guild Level 17:

Old Sully's Grog Cellar: +2 Charisma & +2 Constitution. (Possibly other bonuses aswell, the buff doesn't explain it's effect).

Guild Level 18:

Throne Room: +3 Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Intidimidate and Listen.

Guild Level 19:

Otto's Irresistable Dance Hall: +3 Balance, Jump, Move Silently, Perform, Swim and Tumble.

Guild Level 20:

Shrine of Experience II: +2% experience.

Guild Level 21:

Tactical Training Room: +6 Damage on Critical Hits, +1 DC to Trip, Sunder and Slicing Blow & +2 To-hit with physical attacks.

Guild Level 22:

Danger Room: +3 Disable Device, Hide, Open Lock, Search and Spot.

Guild Level 23:

Forbidden Library: +3 Concentration, Heal, Repair, Spellcraft and Use Magic Device.

Guild Level 24:

Archery Range/Seasoned Archer: +2% Guild Bonus to Doubleshot.

Guild Level 25:

Armory: +6 Guild Bonus to Armor Class & +15% Fortification

Guild Level 26:

Guild Vault I: Guild and Officer Chests

Guild Level 27:

Crusader's Chapel: +15 Guild Bonus to Positive/Negative Spellpower.

Guild Level 28:

Arcane Sanctum: +1 Guild Bonus to Saves vs. Enchantments, +25 Guild Bonus to Maximum Spell Points & +1 Spell Penetration.

Guild Level 29:

Trapsmith's Workshop: +5% Fortification Bypass.

Guild Level 30:

Shrine of Experience III: +3% experience.

Guild Level 31:

Wild Grove: +2 Extra Wild Empathy per rest & Your summoned or charmed creatures gain +3 to all ability scores.

Guild Level 32:

Grandmaster's Dojo: +2 Will Save. (Possibly other bonuses aswell, the buff doesn't explain it's effect).

Guild Level 33:

Black Abbot's Shadow: +1 use per rest of Turn Undead, Lay on Hands and Smite Evil. You gain +4 Deflection bonus to AC and +1 Enhancement bonus to Saving Throws against Evil Creatures (Does not stack with Protection from Evil).

Guild Level 34:

(Large) Proving Ground: Combines Grandmaster's Dojo, Armory, Archery Range and Tactical Training Room.

Guild Level 35:

(Large) Collegium of the Twelve: Combines Wild Grove, Crusader's Chapel, Arcane Sanctum and Trapsmith's Worshop.

Guild Level 36:

Bash the Breakable's Cargo Bay: +1 Guild Bonus to the level of your treasure from chests.

Guild Level 37:

Banquet Hall: Heals ???? spell and hit points for 1 minute.

Guild Level 38:

Concert Hall: +1 Guild Bonus to save vs. Enchantments, +1 Extra Bard Song per day & +1 Extra Action Boost per day.

Guild Level 39:

Archwizard: +1 Guild Bonus to all spell DC's

Guild Level 40:

(Large) Greensteel Crafting Room: Altar of Devastation, Fecundity, Invasion and Subjugation.

Shrine of Experience IV: +4% experience

Guild Level 41:

(Large) Cannith Crafting Hall: Item Deconstructor, Crafting Device - Bound Shards, Crafting Device - Unbound Shards, Crafting Device - Bound Items, Crafting Device - Unbound Items, Jannice d'Cannith <Craftswoman and Vendor>

Guild Level 42:

Game Hunter: +3 Fortitude Saving Throws & +5% damage to helpless enemies.

Guild Level 43:

Fencing Master: 2% Guild bonus to Character Maximum Dodge & +2 Guild bonus to Maximum Dexterity Bonus to armor.

Guild Level 44:

Ninja Assassin: +0.25(W) Weapon Damage & +6 To-Hit bonus when Flanking.

Guild Level 45:

Hag's Apothecary: +20 Maximum HP, +1 Fortitude Saves vs. Poison & +1 Fortitude Saves vs. Disease.

Guild Level 50:

Guild Vault II: Guild and Officer Chests

Guild Level 55:

(Large) Grand Reliquary I: Combines Silver Flame, Stormreaver and Devourer I.

Guild Level 60:

Shrine of Experience V: +5% experience.

Guild Level 65:

Sign of the Silver Flame II: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +5% Guild Bonus to absorb Fire Damage. (Incorrect description - Meant to give fire resistance)

Guild Level 70:

Shrine of the Devourer II: +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Spellpower & +5% Guild Bonus to absorb Acid/Cold Damage.

Guild Level 75:

Guild Vault III: Guild and Officer Chests

Guild Level 80:

Stormreaver Memorial II: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +5% Guild Bonus to absorb Sonic/Electricity Damage.

Guild Level 85:

(Large) Grand Reliquary II: Combines Silver Flame, Stormreaver and Devourer II.

Guild Level 90:

Sign of the Silver Flame III: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +10% Guild Bonus to absorb Fire Damage. (Incorrect description - Meant to give fire resistance)

Guild Level 95:

Shrine of the Devourer III: +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Spellpower & +10% Guild Bonus to absorb Acid/Cold Damage.

Guild Level 100:

Guild Vault IV: Guild and Officer Chests

Guild Level 110:

Stormreaver Memorial III: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +10% Guild Bonus to absorb Sonic/Electricity Damage.

Guild Level 120:

(Large) Grand Reliquary III: Combines Silver Flame, Stormreaver and Devourer III.

Guild Level 125:

Sign of the Silver Flame IV: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +15% Guild Bonus to absorb Fire Damage. (Incorrect description - Meant to give fire resistance)

Guild Level 130:

Shrine of the Devourer IV: +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Acid/Cold Spellpower & +15% Guild Bonus to absorb Acid/Cold Damage.

Guild Level 140:

Stormreaver Memorial IV: +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricity Resist, +15 Guild Bonus to Sonic/Electricty Spellpower & +15% Guild Bonus to absorb Sonic/Electricity Damage.

Guild Level 150:

Guild Vault V: Guild and Officer Chests

(Large) Grand Reliquary IV: Combines Silver Flame, Stormreaver and Devourer IV.

Look to post #3 for a list of the number of hookpoints on the different airships.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2014 at 10:31pm by Black Eyes »  

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #93 - May 14th, 2014 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Vargouille says "Also do note that I haven't tested if the buffs actually do what the say they do."

And that's how it will go to Live......
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 1:34am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - May 15th, 2014 at 1:01am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 11:39pm:
And that's how it will go to Live......

have tested some - and they do seem to be as reported.

Guess we will know more when it goes live in a couple weeks. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:30am by Black Eyes »  

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #95 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:25am
Print Post  
God. How fucking complicated is that? I presume this is a "choices" thing, cue guild kvetching about what we have I guess.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:06am
Print Post  
You guys are so fucking stupid.

Guild leveling is the new endgame of DDO. Get real.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #97 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 5:06am:
Guild leveling is the new endgame of DDO. Get real.

Until Sagas get borked again  Grin

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #98 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 7:44pm:
that changed the game for the better. Roll Eyes

at least it serves as trollbait for Chai.

Grin

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 6:45am:
Until Sagas get borked again  Grin

IF they are giving us Sagas back in U22  Roll Eyes

IP Logged