Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) experience macroing (Read 29507 times)
Vaultknight
Korthos Resident

something something some
saying

Re: experience macroing
Reply #25 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 8:26pm:
ok then, when i`m macroing use/not lose cards, i`ll be present  Grin

I think there is a small flaw in your logic...   Huh

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #26 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:50pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

MM72
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 13th, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Hiya

I've been trying a few different macro programs with varying levels of success to farm crucible optionals but as soon as I try to get them to "loop" so I can run them for a couple of hours, failure!  Macro Recorder has worked best so far... I can make it recall, reset and re-enter the quest but then whether its due to latency / lag / whatever... the character always ends up at a slightly different position every time on the run towards the first NPC... Any suggestions?

Cheers peeps Smiley Smiley

Forgot to add I've tried to keep the variables I can control such as zoom level, window positions etc... as constant as I can.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 4:13pm by MM72 »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 13th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
MM72 wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 2:50pm:
I've been trying a few different macro programs with varying levels of success to farm crucible optionals but as soon as I try to get them to "loop" so I can run them for a couple of hours, failure!  Macro Recorder has worked best so far... I can make it recall, reset and re-enter the quest but then whether its due to latency / lag / whatever... the character always ends up at a slightly different position every time on the run towards the first NPC... Any suggestions?

I suppose you could try to modify the script posted here and build in some more fail safes.  Basically, if any portion of your script fails, you want to recall out and start over.

So using the previously posted script, you could add an image search for the dialog box after it is supposed to be open, and if it isn't open, then you route to the recall subroutine.  That would fix some, but not all, of your lag created problems.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 13th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
The script above is nice, but have to make bitmaps etc to get it all to work.

I'm just content hitting 2 of the opts about 90% of the time  Tongue

IP Logged

MM72
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 13th, 2014 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 4:42pm:
I suppose you could try to modify the script posted here and build in some more fail safes.  Basically, if any portion of your script fails, you want to recall out and start over.

So using the previously posted script, you could add an image search for the dialog box after it is supposed to be open, and if it isn't open, then you route to the recall subroutine.  That would fix some, but not all, of your lag created problems.

HIya

thanks for the response... I did try copying the script you posted earlier but not having had any experience of using Autohotkey it failed miserably so I'm not sure what I did wrong  Sad  I tried the record facility in AutoHotkey but when I played it back it looked like my character was having some kind of fit and just sort of stood there spinning, turning and jumping about Cheesy

Any suggestions? and thanks in advance... Smiley

IP Logged

salsonpex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 14th, 2014 at 2:26am
Print Post  
MM72 wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 6:30pm:
HIya

thanks for the response... I did try copying the script you posted earlier but not having had any experience of using Autohotkey it failed miserably so I'm not sure what I did wrong  Sad  I tried the record facility in AutoHotkey but when I played it back it looked like my character was having some kind of fit and just sort of stood there spinning, turning and jumping about Cheesy

Any suggestions? and thanks in advance... Smiley

my suggestion would be to be as little vague as possible, "failed miserably" summarizes a little too much what your problem is

IP Logged

MM72
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 14th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Sorry, I should have been more specific...  I copied the script as posted, created a autohotkey file with it.. when I double click on the script an error message pops up immediately with "Error at line 1, Line Text global playerx, Error: This line does not contain a recognised action... The Program will now exit"

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #33 - May 14th, 2014 at 9:30am
Print Post  
MM72 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 9:05am:
Sorry, I should have been more specific...  I copied the script as posted, created a autohotkey file with it.. when I double click on the script an error message pops up immediately with "Error at line 1, Line Text global playerx, Error: This line does not contain a recognised action... The Program will now exit"

Either the code is contained in another function, or you have to move the global declarations to the function(s) in which the respective variable is used. You'll also need to take screenshots of the images that are in the first few lines, so that the script can find them. Given that you're probably not going to run this in a virtual box and will be panicking as it runs out of control in an infinite loop, you should add this somewhere:

Code
Select All
~$ESC::
  Send {w up}
  Send {a up}
  Send {d up}
  Send {s up}
  ExitApp
return 

That will make it so that pressing Esc will cancel any movements in progress and exit the program.

Edit/aside:

Interesting to see someone else's script and compare methods. I always use Loop x instead of mimicking a traditional while loop. I don't use image captures at the moment, but my script has variables that can be set to adjust the run speed in each running/jumping function. I've only tested on one character, but assuming below 500ms latency, I trigger all 4 optionals 90% of the time. the other 10%, I only get the first Daggertooth and Vrall. The trick is to utilize corners. Your rotation shouldn't vary too much, but the distance you run can.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2014 at 9:39am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #34 - May 14th, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 9:30am:
Either the code is contained in another function, or you have to move the global declarations to the function(s) in which the respective variable is used. You'll also need to take screenshots of the images that are in the first few lines, so that the script can find them. Given that you're probably not going to run this in a virtual box and will be panicking as it runs out of control in an infinite loop, you should add this somewhere:

Code
Select All
~$ESC::
  Send {w up}
  Send {a up}
  Send {d up}
  Send {s up}
  ExitApp
return 

That will make it so that pressing Esc will cancel any movements in progress and exit the program.

Edit/aside:

Interesting to see someone else's script and compare methods. I always use Loop x instead of mimicking a traditional while loop. I don't use image captures at the moment, but my script has variables that can be set to adjust the run speed in each running/jumping function. I've only tested on one character, but assuming below 500ms latency, I trigger all 4 optionals 90% of the time. the other 10%, I only get the first Daggertooth and Vrall. The trick is to utilize corners. Your rotation shouldn't vary too much, but the distance you run can.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - May 14th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
nice gif rest.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #36 - May 14th, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
is that a new (ham) shiradi proc?

IP Logged

salsonpex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 14th, 2014 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I have created an ahk with

global playerx
global playery

double click, no error, I don't understand why it gives you that error

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #38 - May 14th, 2014 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 1:52pm:
[img]

This is an accurate representation of what happens when you give someone an infinite loop macro without a failsafe.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 25th, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
don't forget fiber.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #40 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I've been trying to play with this, as well as recording my own and such, and just can't get things to work. I removed the global entries and got further, but then it doesn't like the loop...until.

Trying to record and edit instead I'm finding that it'll do everything I need it to except actually move. I wonder if I need to send WASD keys down and up for a portion of time instead of how it records it by default.

If anyone would like to help teach me to fish I'd be happy to accept any code bits or an example I can edit.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #41 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 11:58am:
I've been trying to play with this, as well as recording my own and such, and just can't get things to work. I removed the global entries and got further, but then it doesn't like the loop...until.

Trying to record and edit instead I'm finding that it'll do everything I need it to except actually move. I wonder if I need to send WASD keys down and up for a portion of time instead of how it records it by default.

If anyone would like to help teach me to fish I'd be happy to accept any code bits or an example I can edit.

Code
Select All
Send {w down}
Sleep 2000
Send {w up} 

That will run forward for 2 seconds.
The same can be applied to rotating.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2014 at 12:15pm by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I can't talk it all to the whole piece about causing a macro to fail or not. The one I have from a friend uses images to work, and it has a moderate fail rate. Either way, the important part is that each wife, when you reach epic, you have to run the quest optional's down to -80%, and then let it sit for 18 hours. After that the optional's will give you full XP again.

IP Logged

phasebot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:04pm:
I can't talk it all to the whole piece about causing a macro to fail or not. The one I have from a friend uses images to work, and it has a moderate fail rate. Either way, the important part is that each wife, when you reach epic, you have to run the quest optional's down to -80%, and then let it sit for 18 hours. After that the optional's will give you full XP again.

How many wifes do you have  Cheesy

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Oops..... Wasn't supposed to tell anyone about the training program. Well now the cat's out of the bag, I'll just say this: My program is worth a LOT more than Ollie's character leveling program, best package or not. If you buy..... an.... "experience source".... from me, you'll feel like yours is the best package, guaranteed!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #45 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 11th, 2014 at 11:20pm:
No.

This is a Lava Caves issue.

you are golden sir.

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #46 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 10th, 2014 at 11:06am:
Some of my toons get ransacked and some don't.  Haven't been able to pin it down yet either.  VIP/Premium makes no difference.
Make sure they have the quest and don't red box it seems to help.

The prblem is you need to have run and COMPLETED it on Epic difficulty to no-sack optionals. Much lik eyou need a heroic for no-sack heroic optis...

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #47 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
salsonpex wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 2:33pm:
this is the macro I use with autohotkey

I use it inside a virtual box, so I can do other things on computer while macro runs

I despise seeing my macro in public, even with the slight variances to it. oh well, i have a faster one written already with the help of Fr8o finding a few, key aspects. thanks go to him for pointing them out ^-^
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2014 at 2:42pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #48 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Well, it didn't work at all for me, so it might be out there but not usable by all without modifications.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #49 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
And thanks dickbutt, I can get to the point where I can move and make selections, but didn't finish the whole thing. I can go from exit to entry and recall though, just need to talk to the people now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint