Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Got a 2 point infraction. Woot (Read 4968 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Got a 2 point infraction. Woot
Reply #25 - May 13th, 2014 at 6:50am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 12:29am:
That's why there are some of us who use clever pseudonyms (aka Cloaking Fields) to mask our true identities.

Ah, of course.....  I hadn't considered how that obfuscation would trick Turbine.   Grin

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #26 - May 13th, 2014 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Meh, many have been using the same nick for years.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #27 - May 13th, 2014 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Wtf is turbine gonna do if they know who I am on forum, give me infractions which I was getting before I joined? Cheesy

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #28 - May 13th, 2014 at 8:10am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 12:23am:
Your Perma might get lifted?

Why keep them separate - because you lose your freedom of speech to some extent.
If Turdbine can link your comments here to your game accounts, then they can carry a grudge.
Case in point: Rest.

For me, I want to be able to express open opinions without fear to my game/forum account.

If I thought Turdbine were more mature and capable of weathering constructive criticism, I wouldn't be so worried.

I do just wonder if the many Vaulties that post realise how easy it is for Cordo to cross-reference.

Fuck cordo, lets see if he will cross-reference this.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #29 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:00am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 9:38pm:
Not sure why people post the details of their infractions here.  It allows Turbine to easily connect your Vault account to your chosen DDO forums account.

I assume it is a throwaway account on the forums?

Easily link our accounts? Whats the point in hiding them? For the most part, there is no point in posting anything really on the motherforums. If you are hiding behind an alt account then you know you're a douche, want to brag about it, but don't want the repercussions of said douchery

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #30 - May 13th, 2014 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 12:23am:
Your Perma might get lifted?

Why keep them separate - because you lose your freedom of speech to some extent.
If Turdbine can link your comments here to your game accounts, then they can carry a grudge.
Case in point: Rest.

For me, I want to be able to express open opinions without fear to my game/forum account.

If I thought Turdbine were more mature and capable of weathering constructive criticism, I wouldn't be so worried.

I do just wonder if the many Vaulties that post realise how easy it is for Cordo to cross-reference.

Then don't post any infractions that can be traced to you. Don't push the envelope. Don't reflect their own bias back on them... In other words .. what's the point of being on a free board if you still cant say what you mean.

There's a reason why infractions and bans are a matter of pride here. Not to say we don't have our fair share of idiots but even so, the vault about an astronomical unit ahead of the ddo main forums due to our ability to shine a spotlight on the bullshit.

Keeping that spotlight on vault members only is fairly retarded considering where this forum came from and how most members got here.

So yeah you have the privilege of hiding your forum name and account from Turbine. Those that haven't have the privilege of calling out Turbine on more bullshit. Which is why some of us are here.

Knocking either of those takes on it is hypocritical.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 4:45pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #31 - May 13th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 9:38pm:
Not sure why people post the details of their infractions here.  It allows Turbine to easily connect your Vault account to your chosen DDO forums account.

I assume it is a throwaway account on the forums?

I post on the Vault using the same name I had on the DDO forums. I have no intention of trying to hide from them.

At the very least, it might serve to drive home the point that their nannying of the Turbine forums serves no useful purpose. It merely moves my comments to a different site, a site that at times tends to include information Turbine would prefer people did not know.

Eventually, almost everyone still playing DDO will either post or lurk the Vault, and Turbine will have completely lost control of the conversation. Will that serve their intended purpose? Probably not.  Cool

In any case, if Cordo, MajMal, or any of their Turbine lackeys are reading this, this is just for you:

Go ahead, ban my game account if you want. Before you do,  just ask yourself this question: Will that better allow Turbine to pay your salary?

Getting my game account banned is no big deal. There are any number of alternatives ways that I can find to entertain myself. Their alternative sources of a paycheck are much more limited.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 25th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
here have two, there small.

IP Logged