Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New LAMA RLS notes for U22 & new toon copy (Read 21234 times)
TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

New LAMA RLS notes for U22 & new toon copy
May 15th, 2014 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442204-Automated-Character-Copy-Tool-U...

NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Ranged weapon critical hits have returned!

Quote:
Lamannia Release Notes (Last Updated 5-15-14)
Lamannia Release Notes: Update 22

Welcome to the Lamannia Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Thursday, May 15th, 2014. These notes will be updated and changed in the coming weeks.

Of Special Note:

Epic Three Barrel Cove

Three Barrel Cove has been significantly updated to support Epic-level questing! Visit Three Barrel Cove by visiting Nadine Shipton in The Harbor, or Evi Joss in House Deneith! NOTE: Monster statting is not yet complete, so things like monster hit points and saving throws are not final.

Guild Changes

Many new improvements to guilds, airships, and guild airship amenities are now available! Check them out! (NOTE: All costs are not final, and are placeholder numbers subject to change. Additionally, guild amenity buff durations are currently placeholder, and will change in a future Lamannia update.) Click here for more information about guild changes coming in Update 22.

Swashbuckler

The Swashbuckler is a new Bard Prestige Enhancement! Swashbucklers can improve their Dodge, Doublestrike, Attack Damage and gain benefits through a special Swashbuckling Defensive Stance!

Bag Deposit Box

The Bag Deposit Box is a new shared account storage tab that can be used to hold anything that fits into a storage bag, including Ingredients, Collectibles, event items and more! The tab can be found by visiting a Banker in-game. Players can drag an Ingredients or other bag into the UI tab to have the ingredients and other items inside automatically populate into the Bag Deposit Box. Free and Premium players get twelve slots for free, and VIP players get an additional thirty-three slots (for a total of forty-five slots) for free. The Bag Deposit Box can be expanded by visiting the DDO Store.

News & Notes

Airships and Guilds

The maximum guild level is now 200! Guild decay begins once a guild hits level 150, and continues until a guild falls below level 150.
Airship amenity hookpoints will now persist when changing decks on an airship.
Airships now have a "get all" buffs button.
Six new airships are now available!
NEW: Most old amenity effects now use the Guild Bonus type. However, older amenities in which several amenities gave the same bonus (such as Armor Class) were unchanged, so the older amenities will continue to stack with each other as before. Additionally, the older Elemental Resistance amenities remain unchanged.

Combat

NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Ranged weapon critical hits have returned!
Monsters will now aggro when players shoot their nearby friends at long range.
Monster AI has been adjusted to improve the ability of enemies to detect players, and to improve game performance (particularly in regard to aggro and when damaged.)

Enhancements

NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Swashbuckler Action Boosts now have charges.
NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Tier 5 of Swashbuckler now has a new ability: Coup de Grace. (Multiselector, Melee or Ranged Attack): Make an attack with +3[W]. If it strikes any Fascinated, Sleeping, Dancing, Dazed, Tripped, Mesmerized, Paralyzed, Petrified, or Stunned enemy, it must make a Fortitude save (d20 + your Perform skill) or die instantly.
NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Swashbuckler abilities that trigger when enemies miss you now trigger when enemies miss due to Dodge, Incorporeal, or most other reasons.
Fixed a few Tier 5 Heroic Enhancements that were not requiring character level 12.
The Monk Ninja Spy's Acrobatic rank 1 now properly updates the dodge bonus display. This was a display issue only.
NEW: Warchanter's Focused ability now adds Jump in addition to its other bonuses.
NEW: Spellsinger's Charlatan ability now adds Haggle in addition to its other bonuses.

Epic Destinies

NEW: Divine Crusader's Stand and Be Judged ability no longer affects bosses.
NEW: Epic moment counters should no longer be reset when going through some portals.

Feats

NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): The Single Weapon Fighting feat and Two-Handed Fighting feat cannot be taken by the same character. The Single Weapon Fighting feat is mutually exclusive with the Two Handed Fighting feat.
A new line of Single Weapon Fighting feats are now available!
Single Weapon Fighting: While Single-Weapon Fighting, you gain +10% Combat Style bonus to attack speed. Requires fighting with a single one-handed weapon, and wielding only an orb, runearm, or nothing in your offhand.
Feat Requirement: 2 ranks of Balance
Improved Single Weapon Fighting: Your Single-Weapon Fighting bonus is increased to a +20% Combat Style bonus to attack speed. You now apply 50% more of your appropriate ability score to your damage instead of just your ability score (for instance, you add 1.5 times your Strength as damage, similar to Two-Handed Fighting.)
Feat Requirement: 4 ranks of Balance, Base Attack Bonus +6
Greater Single Weapon Fighting: Your Single-Weapon Fighting bonus is increased to a +30% Combat Style bonus to attack speed and 100% more of your appropriate ability score to your damage .
Feat Requirement: 7 ranks of Balance, Base Attack Bonus +11

Hirelings

An Epic Hireling Vendor is now available in the Marketplace.

Items

New named buckler shields have been added to the game! (NOTE: These items are not yet available for preview on Lamannia.)
The Key to the City - Eveningstar can once again be used on guild airships.
NEW: Snow Elemental Gems no longer try and fail to enter Gem Bags.
NEW: The Dethek Runestone shield's Spell Power bonus is now an Alchemical bonus, as described. Additionally, the shield's Runic Revitalization effect now works.
NEW: Demolition charges have been updated to allow characters with the Rogue Mechanic's Field Engineer Tier 3 enhancement to place them in half the time, and not be interrupted by damage. Characters with Improved Traps can continue to place them in half the time as well.
NEW: The correct Trap Part type is now given out according to the type of trap disabled. Additionally, a Disable Device skill check is now correctly checked when rolling to determine if trap parts are distributed.
NEW: Trap Parts are now given out on Epic Normal and Epic Elite difficulties.
NEW: The random roll for the number of Trap Parts given out on a successful roll now has a minimum of half the CR of the trap, with the maximum number of parts distributed being the CR of the trap.

Monsters

Kludjargs (red-named Battleragers) are now actually Kludjargs on Hard and Elite difficulties, and have had their hit points reduced. These creatures now have a higher Physical Resistance Rating that goes away as their armor is Sundered off.
Artificer enemies are now correctly wearing their rune arms.

PvP

Character above level 20 can now engage in PvP arenas (Death Match, Capture the Flag.)

Quests and Adventure Areas

The House Deneith quest Storming the Beaches (from the Sentinels of Stormreach adventure pack) now features an Epic version!
Blockade Buster
Fixed a stuck spot.

Chamber of Raiyum
Fixed a stuck spot.

Fire on Thunder Peak
Fixed a focus orb issue with the dragons

Gianthold
The Fog of War now goes away after collecting all of the Words of the Ancient Ones.

The Grotto
Fixed a stuck spot.

The Lord of Blades
NEW: Pets (such as Iron Companions) are no longer selected over players to teleport into the elemental area.

The Pit
Puzzle runes should now be easier to read (some of their glow has been reduced.)

The Subterrane
Fixed a stuck spot.

Three Barrel Cove
NEW: Now that the town in Three Barrel Cove is a public area, three of the old Heroic explorer points have been moved. Players who found the explorer points prior to the release of Update 22 will still have credit for finding the explorer points.

Tower of Despair
Fixed a platform to no longer cause lava damage.

Vault of Night (VoN 5)
Fixed a stuck spot.

Spells

Most spells (and the Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance summoned archon) no longer emit light. This change has been made to improve game performance.
Flame Turret has a new focus orb image.

UI

The Shards for Cake UI window will now properly be suppressed by checking the display check box.

Miscellaneous

NEW: The Test Dojo has new loot! Players will now find boxes in the Dojo that distribute level 20-28 gear, including most gear from Menace of the Underdark and Update 21, as well as crafting ingredients to create Eveningstar Challenge weapons, Eveningstar Commendation items, Thunder-Forged Weapons, and Gianthold Dragonscale armors. Additionally, a box also now contains most Update 22 named items.
Some spell and item lighting effects have been adjusted to improve game performance.

Known Issues

Known issues are now available, click here!

Quote:
Automated Character Copy Tool Update and Feedback
The new Lamannia Character Copy tool is now available! Click here to see it.

You'll need to be logged into the web site on the account where your characters are. Once you are logged in, it's a simple process: Select the server where the character sits, select the character, then select the destination server (Lamannia.) Confirm and wait for the copy to complete. You do not need to stay on the web page while the copy takes place, nor stay logged into the web site.

If you run into a failed character copy, it's possible to try again. If you consistently run into a failed copy issue, please use this thread to let us know about your experience. There are a few known possible reasons for a failed Character Copy to Lamannia:

Item conflicts: If you have an item on Character A, transfer Character A to Lamannia, send the same item to Character B, then try to transfer Character B to Lamannia, it'll fail until you move the item off Character B. The server doesn't allow for the same item to be transferred twice.
Pending Auction House transactions: You - may - run into an issue if you have a pending Auction House transaction in progress (Bid posted, item posted, etc.)
Pending unread mail: You may not live by the "Inbox Zero" rule in real life, but your character has to. Sorry. Unread mail - can - cause a failed Character Copy.

Please note that we are not able to provide direct support for Character Copy to Lamannia, so if you can't get your character copied over, we apologize, but we are not able to manually copy that character over for you.

ALSO: Tell us about your experience with the Character Copy tool! We'd love to hear about it.

A couple of other notes:
You'll see a Transfer button. While this tool is being built with future possible functionality in mind, Transfers are not possible.
If you start the Copy process, you'll see the Transfer button will no longer be "greyed out". Please ignore this. Transfers are still not possible.

Wheeee......
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 1:29pm by TractorsareEpic »  

IP Logged

The Great Neil
Korthos Resident

Re: New LAMA RLS notes for U22 & new toon copy
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Tier 5 of Swashbuckler now has a new ability: Coup de Grace. (Multiselector, Melee or Ranged Attack): Make an attack with +3[W]. If it strikes any Fascinated, Sleeping, Dancing, Dazed, Tripped, Mesmerized, Paralyzed, Petrified, or Stunned enemy, it must make a Fortitude save (d20 + your Perform skill) or die instantly.

Wow. Going to check the cool down timer on this.

Edit: 12 seconds. I'm way impressed.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 1:50pm by The Great Neil »  

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2014 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
The Great Neil wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 1:37pm:

Wow. Going to check the cool down timer on this.

Edit: 12 seconds. I'm way impressed.

so far so am I.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
sure they will make longer cooldown to nerfing it XD

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

The Great Neil
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Athanor wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 1:57pm:

Well perhaps, as is its just really strong.

Hypno, then ranged attack dead.

Round the room up in a disco then IPS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
The Great Neil wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:01pm:
Well perhaps, as is its just really strong.

Hypno, then ranged attack dead.

Round the room up in a disco then IPS.

that looks like an actual reason to roll a swashbuckler. perfom skill 70 possible? face slap followed by kill mwuahaha

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

The Great Neil
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:14pm:
that looks like an actual reason to roll a swashbuckler. perfom skill 70 possible? face slap followed by kill mwuahaha

70? last Cha based bard I had perform was 97.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Didn't they just make thf the weakest choice in stead of swf? Anyone got math on this?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
The Great Neil wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
70? last Cha based bard I had perform was 97.

Sounds gimped

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

The Great Neil
Korthos Resident

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 3:11pm:
Sounds gimped

Was.

Tiki and I duoed WGU EE, took 176 min, cus I could not kill shit really. Ha.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2014 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Many new improvements to guilds, airships, and guild airship amenities are now available! Check them out! (NOTE: All costs are not final, and are placeholder numbers subject to change.)

Heh.  "A shrine of lesser sonic resist will now cost 15 comms for one week."

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - May 15th, 2014 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Athanor wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 1:57pm:

Or make it a base d20, and you get a +4 every time it doesn't hit, for 3 minutes.  </gimpymonk*sigh*>

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

The Great Neil
Korthos Resident

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 3:43pm:
Or make it a base d20, and you get a +4 every time it doesn't hit, for 3 minutes.  </gimpymonk*sigh*>

Perhaps limit it to a song per use, that sounds more like turbine.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:37pm:
Didn't they just make thf the weakest choice in stead of swf? Anyone got math on this?

Nope there is still sword and board.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 1:29pm:
Most spells (and the Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance summoned archon) no longer emit light. This change has been made to improve game performance.

Thank god.

The whole "emit light" thing has been slowing things down for years.

Finally, the hoards of players clamoring for this change will be appeased.

I look forward to the logical extension to this which is to resolve all lag by turning off the computer, thus eliminating all light functions entirely.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
NEW: Epic moment counters should no longer be reset when going through some portals.

Undecided this was supposed to be on live already... wonder if it works this time... or next time.. or the next perhaps.

Also, I'm happy about the copy tool, and that they've publicly posted about it now... but I would have liked to see them fix the issues first.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 4:37pm by Angry »  

IP Logged

Runs With Scissors
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Black Eyes wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 1:55pm:
so far so am I.

with a max DC of 136 on my Bard, I am too.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:03pm
Print Post  

no. thf is the only way to do glancing blows. you can no longer swf with thf feats so if you use bastard or daxe you only get the very lowest amount of glancing blow damage.

swf is quite good though, potentially.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #18 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  

Kind of. SWF feats are stronger DPS than THF but they do not effect sword and board.

So to put the melee types in order from best to worst ...

1) THF
1) TWF
2) SWF

20,000) S&B

Of course none of it makes 1 bit of a god damned difference if you can't survive more than 2 secs in combat ... which is why I clamber for S&B DPS. Having the extra PRR and AC from a good shield helps on an evasion tank.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 5:26pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
wouldnt i be able to use buckler with swf?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
if you're a bard

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #21 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 5:24pm:
Kind of. SWF feats are stronger DPS than THF but they do not effect sword and board.

So to put the melee types in order from best to worst ...

1) THF
1) TWF
2) SWF

20,000) S&B

Of course none of it makes 1 bit of a god damned difference if you can't survive more than 2 secs in combat ... which is why I clamber for S&B DPS. Having the extra PRR and AC from a good shield helps on an evasion tank.

Not sure I understand what you mean by what I marked with red?
If swf is stronger dps than thf why only a second place? Just because of the glancing blows?
s&b needs some work.. Some auto shieldbashes with knockback/stuns could be interesting.

Might just tr my rogue into something swf bardish just for giggles tho Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 6:44pm by Ugg the Unwise »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 6:32pm:
if you're a bard

Rolling a kensai swashbuckler with shield mastery feats. OP insta kills and flavor!

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - May 15th, 2014 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 4:30pm:
Thank god.

The whole "emit light" thing has been slowing things down for years.

Finally, the hoards of players clamoring for this change will be appeased.

I look forward to the logical extension to this which is to resolve all lag by turning off the computer, thus eliminating all light functions entirely.

LMAO, exactly!

Or maybe this presages the sale of torches in the DDO store?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Cynic Rhodes
Waterworks Kobold

Why fix it if its already
sunk.

Reply #24 - May 15th, 2014 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
The link that cordo give takes me to the future character transfer from live server to live server not the character copy to lam. ?
Edit. nevermind, the drop down is to choose chars from a server not to a server. Reading is hard yo.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 9:08pm by Cynic Rhodes »  

“Most Americans are close to total ignorance about the world. They are ignorant. That is an unhealthy condition in a country in which foreign policy has to be endorsed by the people if it is to be pursued. And it makes it much more difficult for any president to pursue an intelligent policy that does justice to the complexity of the world.”
― Zbigniew Brzezinski

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint