Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) For MajMal: Q-Target Bugged, Game Unplayable (Read 9602 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: For MajMal: Q-Target Bugged, Game Unplayable
Reply #25 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 5:28am:
Pro players just use the T target mode. Selecting targets, using tab/hotkey, all amateurish bullshit. Aim and go, fuck targeting, it is stupid.

Yeah this...

I have Tab to select and U for use mapped to adjacent keys on my G13 for quick lever/rune/chest etc activation.

I have no problems whatsoever with spells or ranged using auto-target + and occasional mouse select but I have always played this way from day one and it works fucking fabulous for my style... YMMV

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you aren't selecting levers from range using q/tab targetting then you're the sad gimp.  If you aren't using q/tab targetting to find levers/objects then you're even more gimped.

So you're telling us you suck at DDO?  Eh, what's new?

If you don't have a key macro-ed to "Backspace->Use" then you are gimp.

If someone is truly using the soft-targeting/auto-target crap, then you are complaining about a feature that was added to help noobs play the game.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #27 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
I use mouselook toggle now, turns out i was clicking mobs as i held right button mouse to mouselook and strafe. I have rebound all of the keys (i use q and e for other things) to my mouse, and strafe in mouselook. I'm not saying that is your problem, but it was mine.

I rebound tab to be closest target, so that usually gets whatever is in front of me.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2014 at 9:24am by �ed »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 9:20am:
I use mouselook toggle now, turns out i was clicking mobs as i held right button mouse to mouselook and strafe. I have rebound all of the keys (i use q and e for other things) to my mouse, and strafe in mouselook. I'm not saying that is your problem, but it was mine.

I rebound tab to be closest target, so that usually gets whatever is in front of me.

Hm, that could be my problem, I dont use T, I use  right mouse button for mouselook.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - May 16th, 2014 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 8:46pm:
This!

This has been a problem for a long time, and it's getting worse. It's driving me crazy. Redesigned guild buffs aren't going to distract me from the fact that targeting sucks and Turdbin has heen unable/unwilling to fix it for so long that I can't remember when it started.

Eh, it became bad after one of the recent updates/patches.. Now it happens all the time while before it wss not 9/10 mobs but rather like 2/10? idk

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #30 - May 16th, 2014 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
And if you have a mob selected and try to use an ability like manyshot or stun, you must to smash the fucking button because it just don't work in the first time.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 16th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 12:20pm:
And if you have a mob selected and try to use an ability like manyshot or stun, you must to smash the fucking button because it just don't work in the first time.

I noticed something while meleeing. certain attacks will not go off until i let go of attack/auto attack. Namely great cleave, but some action boosts too. on my Monk with wraps/druid in wolf. My cetus melee is working fine

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - May 16th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
q? you mean tab?

been busted since u21
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2014 at 12:38pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #33 - May 16th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
This game is fucking ruined and the fucktards are working to make it even worst.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - May 16th, 2014 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Soft Targeting is something great. I use it all the time.

I go hard targeting ( click or delete for me ) only when I want to gank a given mob, the rest of hte time I just use soft targeting.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #35 - May 16th, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
I have it on good authority that if you want this to be fixed, you must threaten to release an exploit a week to the public until they have addressed the problem.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 16th, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
I have it on good authority that if you want this to be fixed, you must threaten to release an exploit a week to the public until they have addressed the problem.

Probably.  Fuck Turdbine.  This gets me so angry every time I play.

Example:  Invising through content, I want to have that lever ahead of me hard targetted so I can hit it, reinvis instantly and keep going.  Even with no mobs between me and the lever, I cannot hard target the lever any more.  The q/tab targetting simply doesn't work 90% of the time any more.

So what happens?  Well, some mobs catch up to me.  I'm busy mashing q trying to cycle through targets to find the lever.  That doesn't work either... So now I'm busy clicking trying to hit the lever, and it's impossible to click on it with any mobs around.  Same with Dimension Door.

Hell, it's next to impossible to click anything anyway.  You just swing at the air half the time.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #37 - May 17th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
We are aware of the issue. In response, we will be releasing swashbuckler and changing the way ingredients bags work. We look forward to you spending money on new systems. See you in game!

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 17th, 2014 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I rarely use hard targeting. It feels like playing a bad MMO where you have to select a target and mash hotkeys 1-2-3-4 until it dies.

Q is used for the hotbar and Tab is my map on/off button.

I aim my bow with mouselook and click on the party member list to buff/heal others.

Also my F1 is used to select dialog option #1.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - May 18th, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
I feel very fortunate that I don't have this issue.

IP Logged

jaggedmonk
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
My problems with targeting don't seem as bad compared to some complaints here.  Its not constant for any of my toons, yet.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #41 - May 19th, 2014 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 18th, 2014 at 12:02am:
I feel very fortunate that I don't have this issue.

I see this intermittently.  nowhere near as bad as IMARANGER, but it's still annoying.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #42 - May 19th, 2014 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 3:53pm:
I see this intermittently.  nowhere near as bad as IMARANGER, but it's still annoying.

There's your problem. It's IMARANGER. For all we know, he's not hitting the q key and is just repeatedly tapping and raging on the tab key.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - May 19th, 2014 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 6:49pm:
There's your problem. It's IMARANGER. For all we know, he's not hitting the q key and is just repeatedly tapping and raging on the tab key.

lol. No, he hotkeyed his Q key to type, "You're so stupid, you're not worth targeting." And for some reason, the levers and doors stopped responding to him.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 8:31pm:
lol. No, he hotkeyed his Q key to type, "You're so stupid, you're not worth targeting." And for some reason, the levers and doors stopped responding to him.

Now that's a damn good idea!

But sadly, no.  I prefer to use Q instead of Tab, given how often I hard target.  The left ring finger slides up from A to Q much easier than from A to Tab.  I think some use Q and E for strafing, but strafing is for pussies.

Folks who rely on soft-targeting almost exclusively are gimped as all hell.  I want my goddamn hard-targetting back.

Here's yet another example of the nuisance.  My Jungles of Khyber runs take more time now since I can't find the fucking runes without running everywhere.

I'm starting to suspect MajMal introduced this "feature" to slow people down and piss them off.  It's actually an anti-zerging mechanic like doors and dungeon alert.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2014 at 5:44pm by IMARANGER »  

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #45 - May 25th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
like he gives a damn?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint