Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Longer you haven't played, the less you miss it. (Read 11486 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Longer you haven't played, the less you miss it.
May 19th, 2014 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
I haven't played DDO now for like over 4 weeks. I've taken 1-month breaks before. But, I think I'm at my longest away from the game since I started. I have to say, the longer it goes, the less I care.

I ended up taking time off because I'm taking some grad classes, my kids started baseball, and I didn't have time.

I kinda miss some people I played with. But, it hasn't got me to log back on. I've thought about it several times. But, then I went and watched an episode of House of Cards.

Is this how never playing again happens?

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2014 at 12:10pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: Longer you haven't played, the less you miss it.
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Maybe it's the summer-is-coming thing.  I haven't logged in since late April.  Too much competition for my time, so just can't be bothered.

Still here hoping things turn around though.  Crazy huh?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure this is how it works with anything really, not just with online games. But you will eventually log back in, everybody does.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
yes, that's how it works with any addiction. i've gone a year in between playing this game, and also some 6 month breaks. Of the seven year's I've been playing, at least 2-3 of those years were years not playing if you added it up.

It's even easier if you stop reading the forums.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I had a rage quit moment in that new raid with the jumping part (Try doing that shit with 400ms latency). That was about a week and a half again.

I've logged on once since then, checked some auctions and just haven't bothered to log on again. I can't say I miss it either.

The frustrations have just gotten too much, I'm getting bored with running the same content and that targeting issue is annoying.

I'll probably be back but I think it will be good to take a break for a bit.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
I've cut back a lot since the only thing to do is run a few boring raids and wait for the next interesting "feature" to appear.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
When I think about you I touch myself

I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself

I honestly do
I touch myself
I touch myself

ohhh, you meant DDO... Umm, well, this is awkward, for you, maybe?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 12:38pm:
When I think about you I touch myself

I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself
I touch myself

I honestly do
I touch myself
I touch myself

ohhh, you meant DDO... Umm, well, this is awkward, for you, maybe?

I thought he was talking about whacking it too.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #8 - May 19th, 2014 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I haven't played since GW2 came out.  Played that for about a year then quit.  That game has it's own problems but I also got bored.  While playing though, I was always thinking about how much better the PvE is in DDO.  Then I think about the bugs and lag.  DDO is a much better game but doesn't have the quality that GW2 has and tries to maintain.  GW2 didn't have any lag unless in WvW fighting over garrison and all 3 full map zergs are there or world bosses.  Server can't handle everyone trying to do something at once in a small area.  I think ANet has a better chance at fixing that, they do try to fix stuff way more frequently than Turbine.  Not saying everything there is perfect but it is in a way better state and the people in charge have a better view of how things should work and not this release and ignore the bugs(so called "patch later policy") that Turbine has.

Played Battlefiled 4 but that game is fucked up also.  I don't think it will get sorted out for another year.  EA pushed for the game to be released before it was actually ready.

I like DDO still but can't bring myself to play because of the bugs and having to work around and knowing that Turbine has a policy of release and fix later, if they decide to fix at all.

I'm hoping GTA 5 will be released for PC.

I don't see myself going back to DDO unless they actually fix stuff and have a massive improvement of quality.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2014 at 2:13pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 2:09pm:
I'm hoping GTA 5 will be released for PC.

Watch Dogs - May 27

As for the rest, I'm at the 2 year mark.  I resub in October and managed to log on 3 times before I just said F' it.  I couldn't  bring myself to run the same shit again to get my TR's back to cap.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #10 - May 19th, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
I did only von5/6 in 1 month, was hard first few days, but after that, it is like meh.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 12:27pm:
But you will eventually log back in, everybody does.

I haven't logged in for any reason since I heard at turbine that ddo's lifecycle was over. That was, mmmm over a year ago, but there was still development in the pipe. Interestingly, maj sucked someone's dick so well that he landed a producer title. Does this mean that he has the green-light to try to extend the lifecycle? Possibly, but I don't play dead end mmo's.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
I haven't played DDO now for like over 4 weeks. I've taken 1-month breaks before. But, I think I'm at my longest away from the game since I started. I have to say, the longer it goes, the less I care.

I ended up taking time off because I'm taking some grad classes, my kids started baseball, and I didn't have time.

I kinda miss some people I played with. But, it hasn't got me to log back on. I've thought about it several times. But, then I went and watched an episode of House of Cards.

Is this how never playing again happens?

Sure is bro.
Know how you feel.   Once the micro psychological hooks fade, you realise you have all is spare time!

ATM, I log in, potter around on the auctions, look at inventory full of nice shinies I've been meaning to sort, and then can't be bothered, so go and watch GoT or Walking Dead instead.

The changes to inventory mgmt will kill it for me, as it will just make the game more of a chore than it already is.

Enjoy the family time Meat.   Smiley

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 3:14pm:
Watch Dogs - May 27

That title looks outstanding! I am thinking it might be time for a FPS vice MMO focus.

ESO did not deliver for too many reasons to list here.
GW2 and Wildstar are the same fucking game, just a different mod or skin.
Everquest landmark is a sneaky way to get players to pay for the privilege of designing their graphics for late 2015's EQNext.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 19th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I took off last summer and I have seen my play time wain this year too.  The trend seems to fit.  Take some time off for RL.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Wham
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 19th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Taken breaks to play other games more before like Star Wars, but the current end-game is just bad, so any break is probably going to do it for you more than previous.  Although it might not seem like much while you're playing, the cut'n'paste nature of the last few raids, the nonsensical epic prisoners and epic rats and the token grinding CoV's etc. really make you not miss the game.  There has to be something you remember fondly to want to go back to and nothing recently does that.  Probably go back to EQ before DDO.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - May 19th, 2014 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Lag. I used to play 10, 16, sometimes more than 24 hours at a stretch (when special events were new. Cove, mostly). Now I log in, and sometimes I'm not lagged. I run a quest or two, lag begins ... I'm done.

I've put every video option at minimum, sound and mic off, all possible options off or minimum. Still, without fail, ridiculous lag after an hour or so. Worse if I let my toon stand still for 5 minutes. Worst of all if I log out to switch toons rather than quit and restart.

I have quad core (not that DDO uses more than one), 16gb ram, i7-4770 3.4ghz. and 30mbps download/6mbps upload, 19 ms latency.

DDO runs only a little better than it did on my P2 with Wndows xp.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2014 at 12:52am
Print Post  
The longer that i am away from this thing game , the more books i read , climbing 10 .9 >Euro 6.0 not top rope but lead a pitch , made a solar generator ,  and yes the drunken rage is leaving me . Ahh

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Yes you must be wasted to understand my #3 IQ post Cheesy

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2014 at 1:06am
Print Post  
OH ,What has been read you may ask? Wellee Well well.Wheres FUCKO ? Reckless Endangerment , Grain Brain, Irrational Exuberance, Bull By The Horns , and wait for it Surfing Women Of the BIG O.  Grin

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2014 at 1:08am
Print Post  
IF you have not surfed well you not get the comment >your couch is not a way to live .
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2014 at 1:10am by BAMBIBEER »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2014 at 1:53am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 5:59pm:
ATM, I log in, potter around on the auctions, look at inventory full of nice shinies I've been meaning to sort, and then can't be bothered, so go and watch GoT or Walking Dead instead.

Same here.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
BAMBIBEER wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 1:08am:
IF you have not surfed well you not get the comment >your couch is not a way to live .

The dangers of drinking salt water.....

IP Logged

BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2014 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Bieldge  water is the worste . oh wait is that a sausage . Oh Know here comes the Brian policle from LIfe OF  Brian' Ah Chemistrey  Make the pain go  away  . NOT # 0938222346  > NEW Stuff

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2014 at 6:10am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 3:41am:
The dangers of drinking salt water.....

LMAO! At first I thought that with enough beer I might understand Bambi, but I think you're right, it's not beer, it's salt water. Beer I'd be willing to try, but I'll pass on seawater.

Yeah, a month or 2 ago I got back from a break of 7-8 months, and already the shine has worn back off, maybe time for another break.

If only inventory management wasn't such a pain. And I can't wait to see how much fun it's going to be when I can't hold 2 windows open at once.

I wonder if I'll even notice my whopping 12 shared collect/ingredient slots.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint