Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Longer you haven't played, the less you miss it. (Read 11513 times)
Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Re: Longer you haven't played, the less you miss it.
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2014 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 11:02pm:
Lag. I used to play 10, 16, sometimes more than 24 hours at a stretch (when special events were new. Cove, mostly). Now I log in, and sometimes I'm not lagged. I run a quest or two, lag begins ... I'm done.

I've put every video option at minimum, sound and mic off, all possible options off or minimum. Still, without fail, ridiculous lag after an hour or so. Worse if I let my toon stand still for 5 minutes. Worst of all if I log out to switch toons rather than quit and restart.

I have quad core (not that DDO uses more than one), 16gb ram, i7-4770 3.4ghz. and 30mbps download/6mbps upload, 19 ms latency.

DDO runs only a little better than it did on my P2 with Wndows xp.

Did you check your pc for viruses?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2014 at 7:29am
Print Post  
He said he was running DDO.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #27 - May 20th, 2014 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Your point is?

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #28 - May 20th, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Haven't logged on since Dark Souls 2 came out. Actual working pvp, mmmmmm.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #29 - May 20th, 2014 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 7:38am:
Your point is?

That you have no sense of humor, apparently.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #30 - May 20th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Goodbye threads are bannable

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 10:39am:
Goodbye threads are bannable

I'm actually sad.. I might not go back. I don't feel much of a draw. I can't point to any one thing that made it happen... Maybe just time.

Or... maybe all the duping.. I got a lot of what I wanted... I dunno.

Some nerfs/bugs didn't help..

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2014 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Call me Paladin ( and I will laugh ) but if if you duped all the shit ( gear/lives/whatever ), it's not really a surprise.

Because there REALLY isn't much to do when you got all.
I would Shadowkeeper shit or similar editor or god mode for single player games as a kid.
After I did that, I played for few hours then lost interest altogether.

That's why I don't dupe shit anymore, even if I know how.
Not saying that's what happened to you.

I don't play for few days or even a week after I have a "ddo binge-raids and shit" on the weekend often.
Or after 1 week heroic TR.

If there is nothing that makes you want to log ( friends, raids, heroic tr, item farm, selling shit on asah, whatever you do ) then it's time for a break.

Week or two, keep reading the forums, then maybe then you would want to log in.
You are not the only one, I feel like many are in the same boots, and "frequency" of new content and stuff barely keeps " old timers" interested.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2014 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 1:33pm:
Call me Paladin ( and I will laugh ) but if if you duped all the shit ( gear/lives/whatever ), it's not really a surprise.

I would Shadowkeeper shit or similar editor or god mode for single player games as a kid.
After I did that, I played for few hours then lost interest altogether.

That's why I don't dupe shit anymore, even if I know how.
Not saying that's what happened to you.

I don't play for few days or even a week after I have a "ddo binge-raids and shit" on the weekend often.
Or after 1 week heroic TR.

If there is nothing that makes you want to log ( friends, raids, heroic tr, item farm, selling shit on asah, whatever you do ) then it's time for a break.

Week or two, keep reading the forums, then maybe then you would want to log in.
You are not the only one, I feel like many are in the same boots, and "frequency" of new content and stuff barely keeps " old timers" interested.

No you're right on duping. I mean, I didn't get in on the box AS amazingness. But, making a lot of progress reduces motivation on gear/grind.

Know what? Raider's Box might have added to it too to some extent.

There are some people I'd like to play with again, so I see myself going back a bit... maybe...

But, I don't think it'll ever be like it was for me.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2014 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I don't play as much as I used to, mainly because of RL stuff taking too much time, but I don't sweat it.  I still sub.  I still enjoy playing when I do get in game.  I find that there is more to do now that I haven't totally run content into the ground the first two weeks it was out.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2014 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 7:27am:
Did you check your pc for viruses?

Shadehater wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 7:29am:
He said he was running DDO.

lol. Other than DDO, no viruses. I've checked, thoroughly. Defrag as appropriate. The last thing I can think of is if my cache is set too high or too low.

Meat-Head wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 12:41pm:
Or... maybe all the duping.. I got a lot of what I wanted... I dunno.

Wipe wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 1:33pm:

I'd agree more with these points if it weren't for the existence of Lamannia. I didn't dupe ings, augs, shards, or cards. I don't like to fuck with my silver cord when I'm astral projecting. There is a sweet spot between overgeared and undergeared. I think it's different for different people.

For me, it's the lag. But I still log into Lamannia almost solely because it's fun to build. I've spent gobs of hours creating, TRing, IcoTRing, ETRing, and ran I think, 2 quests. Lag hits me on Lama, too.

If hearts were free, I'd be logging in more often.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #36 - May 20th, 2014 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
I logged in for the first time in maybe 5-6 weeks. I played one EE Von3. Then logged off. It was ok.

I think I'll stay around, but I'll be pretty dang casual.. We'll see.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #37 - May 21st, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 10:54pm:
If hearts were free, I'd be logging in more often.

This is a good point.  There's enough grind with the XP needs to re-cap.  I don't understand why they need a grind to actually do the TR/eTR itself. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 9:45am:
This is a good point.  There's enough grind with the XP needs to re-cap.  I don't understand why they need a grind to actually do the TR/eTR itself. 

Cash grab.  it's that simple.

I don't think it's working out for them with the player numbers looking like they do.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2014 at 10:01am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #39 - May 21st, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 3:19pm:
No you're right on duping. I mean, I didn't get in on the box AS amazingness. But, making a lot of progress reduces motivation on gear/grind.

Know what? Raider's Box might have added to it too to some extent.

There are some people I'd like to play with again, so I see myself going back a bit... maybe...

But, I don't think it'll ever be like it was for me.

people like you are the reason this game sucks ass no lie

I GOT ALL THE STUFZ I WANTED SO I GOT NO REASON TO PLAY11!!11

instead of "I finally obtained what i sought so now i can spend time playing with friends rather than grinding towards my unreachable goals"

its literally selfish to stop playing because you got whatever gear or item you were working toward. why even work toward it, if it will be the reason you stop playing? You should be hopping on your maxed out cleric and assuring lesser players get completions, or teaching people how to play the game, or playing the game with friends. Not rage quitting cause your endless grind ended.

achieving goals frees you from the burden of trying to reach them, and allows you to do things that would have previously been considered a waste of time like healing a raid or running noobs through quests for named loot, or anything that isnt some self gratifying grind shit that helps no one but yourself.

you single-handedly justify and validate the retarded endless grinds that are programmed into this game, by showing that paying customers WILL LEAVE when the grind ends.

realistically you probably have one toon, melee, at lvl 26 and after one run of the new content determined it was too hard, duped all the ingredients from it, and then rage quit since u were bored.

veni, vidi, vici
more like
solus eram, multiplico objectum, et linquo

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Myth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 21st, 2014 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Playing is a habit

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #41 - May 21st, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 9:45am:

Their assessment of reasonable grind a majority will tolerate is way off. Shown by:

• CoVs
  • Old Heroic XP progression on TR lives
  • Current Heroic XP progression on TR lives to a lesser degree
  • Epic XP progression
  • Epic Destiny 6th Level XP progression
  • Old Epic items ingredient farm
  • Named loot drop rates

and so on and so on. They consistently tweak it the wrong side of bearable, and then wonder why people either give up or dupe.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - May 21st, 2014 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 19th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
I haven't played DDO now for like over 4 weeks. I've taken 1-month breaks before. But, I think I'm at my longest away from the game since I started. I have to say, the longer it goes, the less I care.

I ended up taking time off because I'm taking some grad classes, my kids started baseball, and I didn't have time.

I kinda miss some people I played with. But, it hasn't got me to log back on. I've thought about it several times. But, then I went and watched an episode of House of Cards.

Is this how never playing again happens?

Yes. I stopped playing around 4 weeks ago - basically, with ESO. At first, I could still imagine getting my characters better - I know what weapons I have to make (thunderholme), exactly how long it will take (about a month per weapon running it w/out timers on 3 characters every 3 days) and that still kind of pulls at me, from time to time.

But ESO is only ok. It's not obsessive like DDO is. So I play that game and think "wow, I'm wasting my time here." And then I think "why would I ever bother to improve my characters in DDO? After all, they'll just run the same shit over and over again, but slightly better."

It's a waste of time unless I'm competing against something - myself (my own speed records) or someone else (to make newbs look bad or to try to beat published speed records).

DDO is basically a glorified pacman. It involves planning your character right, sure, but it also just involves repetitive hand-eye coordination over and over and over.

It's fun, I miss it. But ESO made me realize how pointless gaming is - and that is both freeing (I have a real life that needs working on) and shitty (I miss the ultimate escapism DDO was for me).

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #43 - May 21st, 2014 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 11:33am:
people like you are the reason this game sucks ass no lie

I GOT ALL THE STUFZ I WANTED SO I GOT NO REASON TO PLAY11!!11

instead of "I finally obtained what i sought so now i can spend time playing with friends rather than grinding towards my unreachable goals"

its literally selfish to stop playing because you got whatever gear or item you were working toward. why even work toward it, if it will be the reason you stop playing? You should be hopping on your maxed out cleric and assuring lesser players get completions, or teaching people how to play the game, or playing the game with friends. Not rage quitting cause your endless grind ended.

achieving goals frees you from the burden of trying to reach them, and allows you to do things that would have previously been considered a waste of time like healing a raid or running noobs through quests for named loot, or anything that isnt some self gratifying grind shit that helps no one but yourself.

you single-handedly justify and validate the retarded endless grinds that are programmed into this game, by showing that paying customers WILL LEAVE when the grind ends.

realistically you probably have one toon, melee, at lvl 26 and after one run of the new content determined it was too hard, duped all the ingredients from it, and then rage quit since u were bored.

veni, vidi, vici
more like
solus eram, multiplico objectum, et linquo

You mad bro?

I have no rage at the game at all. Not my style.

As for my lvl 26 melee... My main is a 26th life completionist DC Drunk. Over half of those lives were before boxes existed.

I also have a third life Shiradi caster, a third life Monkcher, and a third life tank (lol) who is now a dual nightmares blitzer.

I've helped plenty of new players.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - May 21st, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
I have a penis and like to talk about how big it is. It's actual size is not relevant to my stories.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #45 - May 21st, 2014 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 2:04pm:
I have a penis and like to talk about how big it is. It's actual size is not relevant to my stories.

Except I've already stipulated my penis is smallish. Or, it's at least the small end of average.

Sad

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #46 - May 21st, 2014 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Myth wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 12:05pm:
Playing is a habit

This.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #47 - May 21st, 2014 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 12:58pm:
Their assessment of reasonable grind a majority will tolerate is way off. Shown by:

• CoVs
  • Old Heroic XP progression on TR lives
  • Current Heroic XP progression on TR lives to a lesser degree
  • Epic XP progression
  • Epic Destiny 6th Level XP progression
  • Old Epic items ingredient farm
  • Named loot drop rates

and so on and so on. They consistently tweak it the wrong side of bearable, and then wonder why people either give up or dupe.

I think this is right.

As a casual player who does what she wishes with her non TRed main, I have completely ignored epic TR. And given how quickly the keen folk got the shinies from the new raids I have run them once - done the red dragon once, made it in 10 mins to the other one before the PUG rage quit for some reason.

All this leaves me with is irritation I spend TPs on the raid pack. Its so far outside my goals I am not planning to learn and run the thing. I'd rather teach Von 5 to noobs, at least I get XP from it.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - May 21st, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 1:33pm:
As for my lvl 26 melee... My main is a 26th life completionist DC Drunk. Over half of those lives were before boxes existed.

so you actually played 14 lives and boxed 12?  Chai would be so proud. Wink

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #49 - May 21st, 2014 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 21st, 2014 at 2:04pm:

You are white male living in Alaska, just saying.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint