Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67810 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #100 - May 28th, 2014 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 6:16am:
Lol, I bought my meteoric stary ruby for 2m pp.  Grin

sad, my friends all made sure we had as many as we needed.

oh, and fuck turbine with your entrapment. they cant ban the people who post 10000 scales?
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 10:59am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #101 - May 28th, 2014 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 2:55pm:
Your operating assumption should be, everything is duped.  And if it's not duped, it's gotten by players duping raid timers.

No, that should not be the player's assumption when buying from the store.  That should be Turbine's assumption and if everything is duped then they should close down their method of selling these obviously duped items.  To keep the store up while banning those that purchase items from their store is unconscionable.

If I get a great deal on a stereo I bought from Best Buy, I should be assured of not be arrested for buying stolen property. Now, if I get a great deal on a stereo I bought from a guy selling it out of the back of his van in Best Buy's parking lot . . .

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #102 - May 28th, 2014 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 2:56pm:
Turbine should probably police the sellers not the buyers. Seems like entrapment. But if you going to buy duped shit and flip it don't come here and give us the holier than thou speech. Live by the sword. Cool

Of course they should police the sellers, but to make the buyers police Turbine's own store is ludicrous.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

Reply #103 - May 28th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 4:43am:
See, there's where your idea of guilty mismatches Turbine's idea. While you think it's totally fine to buy 5000 dwarven ingots for 1000 astral shards to resell them, because they are surely legit in your little pony farm world, while everyone else, including Turbine, knows they are duped. Just because you close your eyes to the facts thrown at you, it does not make you innocent.

Tell me how to tell an item is obviously duped versus being listed as a fantastic deal?  Is it part of the description?

I haven't played DDO in 18 months, if I were to come back and play now and decided I needed a lot of the new items to catch up, how should I determine what is duped and what is legit when I shop in the store?

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - May 28th, 2014 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 8:18pm:
Laundering duped goods is the last thing I expect to happen when reposting items on the ASAH.

I expect if Turbine kept a record of ANYTHING AT ALL it would be ASAH SALES as these involve real world currency converted to Turbine currency most directly out of anything in the game.

As such I always assumed, and still do assume, that Turbine has records that can be accessed by employees who are more competent then the ones who log onto an account and check stack sizes of unbound items.

I see no difference in buying a good from the ASAH and reposting, using it, trading it through channels, or giving it to someone else as far as the whole nonsensical argument about OMG you might have bought a duped good goes...

It's all the same except that the ASAH one has the most chance of being trackable by Turbine back to original source.

As to the mental midget spamming the thread I am pretty sure I had answered their moronic question already.  Of course I bought items during the first week of U21.  I buy and sell new items from every mod first week it is out because that is when you can make the profit from a voilatile market generally speaking.  I didn't do so well with my purchases then actually as market went WAY down from initial spike.  Made good shards from halls items (no meotoric augments sadly as I never pulled them Sad) which kept me in the black during that overall period.  Did better with more stable prices later and a second spike in prices which occurred on thunder forged (they went to a stable 100 shards per 100 stack for a while and I generally had bought at that time for something around 550 per 1000). 

Had plenty of shards going into the update also.

Your shards are providing the liquidity for dupers who need to sell to move their goods.

And no, they don't have records, not the imaginary NSA level records everyone like you who gets pinched assumes they have.  If they did, they'd have busted everyone right off the bat.  And no, they don't have the developers or bandwidth to keep those records.  If they did, there'd be no such thing as a "customer service" problem for them.

Let me explain how this works.  You got caught with a stack of x, that you can't explain the provenance on.  Your assumption that provenance doesn't matter is your fatal assumption.  Provenance very much does matter, especially when the authorities don't trust the provenance on anything that can't be proven.  Because Turbine keeps no records to explain the provenance, they are going to assume, and you can argue otherwise until your blue in the face, that your stack is from illicit activities.  You can argue you're just some innocent joe schmo moving goods in a market, but they clearly believe the market to be comprimised by large quantities of illicit goods (which it is).  You move those goods, you risk their wrath, it is that mother fucking simple.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 8:38pm:
I'm not one to jump on the beat-down wagon but Wow, you are stupid.  Not all who dupe sell their stash.  Fact is a lot of them (who I've never met or spoken to and would never associate with) carefully avoid any selling as they know it could get them noticed.  They dupe to avoid the "dick-in-pencil-sharpener" grind the game has become, that's all.  Close the shard exchange and they would still dupe. 

It was hyperbole genius.

At some point, you dupe enough for your personal use, period (minus small recurring duping on consumables).  It's the ability to liquidate dupes via others to the non-dupers that allows the dupers to gain things they can't dupe.  If everything dupable was btc, there's a point at which duping would plateau.

The reason why you create 100 augments of the same type isn't because you like to swim in them.  It's because when I pull EE Ivy Wraps, you'll offer me every stack under the sun to get them passed to you (without knowing that I know how easy it is to a) make those stack, or b) even have my own).

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 12:44pm:
No, that should not be the player's assumption when buying from the store.  That should be Turbine's assumption and if everything is duped then they should close down their method of selling these obviously duped items.  To keep the store up while banning those that purchase items from their store is unconscionable.

If I get a great deal on a stereo I bought from Best Buy, I should be assured of not be arrested for buying stolen property. Now, if I get a great deal on a stereo I bought from a guy selling it out of the back of his van in Best Buy's parking lot . . .

Except that Turbine's version of Best Buy turned into a LA Swap Meet.  Sure, it looks like Louis Vitton, but I can assure you, it's not.

And mind you, I've never suggested any of this is the way the world should be, but it is what it is (and people want to continue pretending it isn't).  Deal with that reality, because people subscription fees and purchases from the DDO store aren't enough to pay to improve it.  Certainly not when I can conjure up new goods like magic cupcakes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:00pm:
It was hyperbole genius.

At some point, you dupe enough for your personal use, period (minus small recurring duping on consumables).  It's the ability to liquidate dupes via others to the non-dupers that allows the dupers to gain things they can't dupe.  If everything dupable was btc, there's a point at which duping would plateau.

The reason why you create 100 augments of the same type isn't because you like to swim in them.  It's because when I pull EE Ivy Wraps, you'll offer me every stack under the sun to get them passed to you (without knowing that I know how easy it is to a) make those stack, or b) even have my own).

Ilivedreams is right. He usually just sticks to things as they occur, objectively. When I call him names it's because my ethics dont agree, not that he is wrong. Im a stupid ethical retard. I dont want to sell or buy items in a game, even less if it's real money. Not that im some fukin saint, I just dont feel this is a service that i should be taking payment from.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 12:48pm:
Tell me how to tell an item is obviously duped versus being listed as a fantastic deal?  Is it part of the description?

I haven't played DDO in 18 months, if I were to come back and play now and decided I needed a lot of the new items to catch up, how should I determine what is duped and what is legit when I shop in the store?

You want to avoid even the hint of stain altogether, don't dabble in the duped good market until the authorities solve the issue, likely never.

Most of the smart players knew Turbine was always gonna take away the punchbowl at some point and bust up the party.  We left after getting our buzz on and before the music stopped.  The idiots now are the people who didn't see it coming because they were trying oh so hard to bed the floozy in the corner.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #109 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:14pm:
Most of the smart players knew Turbine was always gonna take away the punchbowl at some point and bust up the party.  We left after getting our buzz on and before the music stopped.  The idiots now are the people who didn't see it coming because they were trying oh so hard to bed the floozy in the corner.

"Retard" isn't an option for google translator. 

are you saying:

A- you quit playing DDO?

or

B- you were duping and selling/buying duped shit but stopped duping before you got caught?

10 GET ANSWER$
20 IF ANSWER$ = "A" THEN 40
30 IF ANSWER$ = "B" THEN 50
40 NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK
50 GO FUCK YOURSELF
60 GO TO 50
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 2:24pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #110 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
Your shards are providing the liquidity for dupers who need to sell to move their goods.

you don't think dupers have all the shards they could ever use?  stupid squared.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #111 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
you don't think dupers have all the shards they could ever use?  stupid squared.

This  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 2:31pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:22pm:
"Retard" isn't an option for google translator. 

are you saying:

A- you quit playing DDO?

or

B- you were duping and selling/buying duped shit but stopped duping before you got caught?

10 GET ANSWER$
20 IF ANSWER$ = "A" THEN 40
30 IF ANSWER$ = "B" THEN 50
40 NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK
50 GO FUCK YOURSELF
60 GO TO 50

I said what I said.

The dupeconomy is long in the tooth and the bubble is bursting.  The only people being caught up in the enforcement now are idiots who thought good times roll forever.  Yes, buying and selling stacks of dupable goods on margin, most of which are likely duped, is continuing to drink from the punchbowl long after it's mostly watered down ice.

The same greed monster that induced dupers to flood the economy, even to today, is the same greed monster that kept the OP trading, long after it should have been apparent, to a truly smart trader, to get the fuck out of the market.  But, someone's got to be left holding the bag when they should have hedged their bets.  Even better, or worse if you're the OP, it gives Turbine the satisfaction like feeling they meted out punishment, and so they'll likely move on to other things.

Life isn't fair, but I don't expect to quit for a while.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - May 28th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:26pm:

No, they do not.  They spend them, because why else would they need them.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #114 - May 28th, 2014 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:00pm:
It was hyperbole genius.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - May 28th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
AS cap number is same as plat cap? Going by Auction House rates what are the max sell/buy values for the 2 Houses?

Turbine cant control the items coming through its money house. They can try to reign in on the large buyers and sellers. If they closed the ASAH they wouldnt have to do these things. But game dead needs to leech harder. You are allowed to slowly trickle, but never flood. Think of it as permanent Shards on demand. It is an ATM with a limited withdrawal daily. The sales are aimed at the larger majority of the player base.                         

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #116 - May 28th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - May 28th, 2014 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
Let me explain how this works.  You got caught with a stack of x, that you can't explain the provenance on. 

Let me stop you right there.

I have been very clear about the providence of the items I sell on the ASAH.  I have bought them on the ASAH or I looted them.

That is the providence as far as I care.  If Turbine does not have ASAH records that does not make anyone with a stack of unbound items a duper.  It just makes Turbine stupid.

Lack of evidence is not evidence of wrong doing.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - May 28th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 8:54pm:
Or, just learn your lesson and get out of DDO while you can. I still miss what the game once was, but what once was will never be again.

Best advice I have ever read on the vault.

You are right and that is almost certainly what will happen either way here at this point with the exception that I might log in if they actually pull their heads out of their asses unban my account and leave it alone to drop my AS into the guild airship fund for my guildies.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #119 - May 28th, 2014 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 7:48pm:
Let me stop you right there.

I have been very clear about the providence of the items I sell on the ASAH.  I have bought them on the ASAH or I looted them.

Very clear? Did you buy any stacks of fire scales, shadow scales, ingot, or black stone during the first week? 

If you are being "very clear" you can grace us with the answer that you have been dodging since the thread began.

Cyr wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 7:48pm:
That is the providence as far as I care.  If Turbine does not have ASAH records that does not make anyone with a stack of unbound items a duper.  It just makes Turbine stupid.

Lack of evidence is not evidence of wrong doing.

You have not done anything wrong as far as duping, buying selling are concerned. The only thing wrong you did was buy duped goods and bitched, whined and endlessly try to dodge responsibility for getting caught being a smart buyer/seller.

Stop fucking lying, you self-pitying little self-declared little victim! no one cares that you bought and sold, we just think your pathetic as you hide behind "as far as I care" you stupid disingenuous child.

Did you buy in the first week or not? you fucking whiner?

too much? Smiley

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #120 - May 28th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
I might log in if they actually pull their heads out of their asses unban my account and leave it alone to drop my AS into the guild airship fund for my guildies.

Keep dreaming The PIMP!! you gonna buy all your exploit Ho's new cars as well?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - May 28th, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:43pm:
No, they do not.  They spend them, because why else would they need them.

You realize AS dupes were very publically mentioned by Maj Mal right?

IP Logged

Arnos
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - May 28th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
I need to post the obligatory:

Assuming that the OP is telling the truth- my suggestion of mailing Duped Items to the fanbois and paladins on the motherboards (or for example- the people whose characters are clearly in the Memorial Day pic)....
WILL GET PEOPLE BANNED by simply having stuff in their inventory.

SO. Sally Forth My Minions. Cry Havoc!!!!!

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - May 28th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
You bought what were obviously stolen (duped) goods.  You knew exactly what you were doing.  Everybody knows that you knew exactly what you were doing.

You can plead innocence all day long, but everybody knows you aren't innocent.  Now you're paying the price.  Suck it up, you whiny little bitch.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #124 - May 28th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Exactly, most people here seem to understand that,

The PIMP!! should be proud about making such massive coin and turning so much stuff around like a Auction beast. And sure a little bummed that he got caught and may lose a fair few things.

But really, just "hey I played hard, got caught out, fair point" instead of all this bullshit.

The people who get banned for unknowingly buying duped goods? (and there are going to be some) sure as hell don't know about the vault much less to run over here and whine for sympathy while playing semantic games.

I do feel bad for some of them, but really they are playing a entirely different game from players who post and populate the vault, doomers and Fanbois alike.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 9:45pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Send TopicPrint