Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67860 times)
higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #150 - May 29th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Handling stolen goods is a crime, especially when it's likely you think they are stolen. 

All the new ingredients on sale week 1of U21 were pretty much guaranteed to be stolen (duped).  big stacks for low prices - duped.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - May 29th, 2014 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 29th, 2014 at 2:38pm:
Handling stolen goods is a crime, especially when it's likely you think they are stolen. 

All the new ingredients on sale week 1of U21 day 1 and today were pretty much guaranteed to be stolen (duped).  big stacks for low prices - duped. 

ftfy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #152 - May 29th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  

All the new ingredients on sale week 1of U21 were pretty much guaranteed to be stolen (duped).  big stacks for low prices - duped.

WOW! Arrest all of them! Chase them with torches and pitchforks! Punish them so other will learn the lesson! Halleluyah!

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #153 - May 29th, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 29th, 2014 at 9:09am:
Piracy would be the easiest way to compare duping to real life.

Uh, well, that's up to 5 years prison then.

IP Logged

Silidri
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - May 29th, 2014 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
In other words, more than you'll probably get shoplifting a physical copy of the same thing

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - May 29th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  

even when you buy them off the auction thats run by the justice department?

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #156 - May 29th, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
honestly Natural?  I really admire the way you defend your fellow gray marketeers and insist you all have done nothing to be mocked for no matter how convoluted the logic needs to be.

It's inspiring in its futility, like watching someone fight against the setting sun  Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #157 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:06am
Print Post  
I tried to stockpile a few fucks, so I could hand them out to the next useless cuntwhistle to blow about exploits/exploiters and they could feel loved. But Turbine thought my stack was too high. They banned me and deleted them all from inventory.

Sorry, no fucks to give.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

djork
Korthos Resident

Reply #158 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:30am
Print Post  
i dont understand all the fuck wits sticking up for turbines policy
of banning people with large stacks of stuff.who gives a shit if they
are duped on the auction house.are we suppose to be policing ourselves?those items have been there since u21
if turbine gave a fuck they would have shut the AH down then and there.

fire tard, i've always had i sneaky suspicion you are turbines little bitch.

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2014 at 12:31am by djork »  

djork wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 2:16am:
rest wrote Today at 1:46am:
This whole forum is the Fucktard-specific section of the official DDO forums. What the hell did you expect?

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:33am
Print Post  
djork wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 12:30am:
of banning people with large stacks of stuff.who gives a shit if they
are duped on the auction house.are we suppose to be policing ourselves?those items have been there since u21
if turbine gave a fuck they would have shut the AH down then and there.

fire tard, i've always had i sneaky suspicion you are turbines little bitch.

lol!!!

yeah well there could of been duped mats on there in circulation from much much longer ago.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #160 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Okay, well since I had a huge read fail yesterday I understand that you could have today djorky.

For duping and dupe Pimping The PIMP!! has my up most support and admiration, by all means dupe, dupe Pimp, exploit, I do whenever possible.

Yet If I get caught? I am not going to come to the Vault and say "waaaaa! turbine banned me! and I never exploit! waaaaa!"

So for me the abuse was for The PIMP!!'s attempt to claim innocence and butt hurt over being banned.  Funny when you look at the title of the thread even there he was parsing words, W/O item exploiting  Grin

The point for me? should you exploit? yes! just don't whine if you get caught.  Cry

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2014 at 12:42am by »  

IP Logged

djork
Korthos Resident

Reply #161 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
being savvy on the AH is not exploiting.
duped or not..this is not cyr's problem but turbines.

This whole forum is the Fucktard-specific section of the official DDO forums. What the hell did you expect?

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #162 - May 30th, 2014 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Being savvy is not, agreed.

Purposefully buying stacks and stacks of items the day after they are available is, and I refer to it as  dupe-pimping and something I fully support!

Duped or not .. this is not The PIMP!!'s problem but the fact that he want's to pretend he didn't do it knowingly and puts on this act of being so surprised to be banned  because he is "innocent" and somehow wronged is his problem.

Once again, no problem with exploiting, just don't whine if you get caught.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2014 at 12:57am by »  

IP Logged

Booooga
Dragon Raider

Drama? What's drama?

Reply #163 - May 30th, 2014 at 1:19am
Print Post  
djork wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 12:30am:
of banning people with large stacks of stuff.

I dunno about other peoples, but I just think op's been playing real dirty, therefore he got banned. And since he knows he's been playing dirty and prolly knows that turbine knows he's been playing dirty... so he's bitching here about his ban instead of getting his account back without inventory cleaning.

I mean, if this dude was pretty clean and just bought some goodies from shard exchange, even though they been duped, why would turbine ban him? He didn't dupe them, he just bought them.

Say, they did ban him. If he knew he was clean, he'd not just send an email there and come here bitch about it... he'd phone them and explain that he's clean, so they'd unban him.

Also, I LOL'd about him calling turbine "incompitent." I mean, dude got banned without doing anything and he's not gonna contact turbine so you he have your account back? And he goes to ddo forum to create a thread about him being banned even though he knows it's against the rules? Who's incompitent?

First, you phone them, explain calmly that you're not a duper and you want your account back. If you've done it right, ie without resorting to insults and shit like that, you got your account back. Only then, if it didn't work, you start a shitstorm.

TL;DR No offense, but Cyr seems like either a cheater or a moron.

IP Logged

djork
Korthos Resident

Reply #164 - May 30th, 2014 at 1:49am
Print Post  
you guys have got to be kidding me
-cyr, is not allowed to whinge?
-he has to go through proper channels first?
you sure you dont work for turbine?

if i got banned and i was innocent...fuck the proper channels
i would cause a shit storm.

7 pages of flaming cause you guys think he has no right
to whinge about being banned?is that your point?

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #165 - May 30th, 2014 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Are you trying to miss the point?  Grin

Of course he can whinge, this whole site is a whinge.

If he had Started tbe thread saying "I got banned, guess some of my trades were dupes", it would have gotten half a dozen "bummer buddy, let us know if you need stuff when your back" replies and the thread would be on page 3 by now..

Instead he whines that got banned and he didn't exploit when he manifestly did.... cue the abuse, not that hard to figure out.

The point? by all means exploit, just don't bitch when you get caught and pretend you weren't.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #166 - May 30th, 2014 at 4:44am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 29th, 2014 at 10:48pm:
even when you buy them off the auction thats run by the justice department?

The question you are asking is:
If I have obviously Illegal goods and I sell them using a legal means does that make the goods legal?
The answer to that question is no. 
In the real world this is called "money laundering" - and those people are considered criminals. 

Buying an selling these quantities of ingredients is clearly handling known stolen goods.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #167 - May 30th, 2014 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Moar eXploits moar money. Moar money moar problems.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #168 - May 30th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 12:06am:
I tried to stockpile a few fucks, so I could hand them out to the next useless cuntwhistle to blow about exploits/exploiters and they could feel loved. But Turbine thought my stack was too high. They banned me and deleted them all from inventory.

LOL, awesome!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #169 - May 30th, 2014 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
djork wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 1:49am:
if i got banned and i was innocent...fuck the proper channels i would cause a shit storm.

Uh what would you do? Spam Jerry's twitter? XD

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - May 30th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Booooga wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 1:19am:
I dunno about other peoples, but I just think op's been playing real dirty, therefore he got banned. And since he knows he's been playing dirty and prolly knows that turbine knows he's been playing dirty... so he's bitching here about his ban instead of getting his account back without inventory cleaning.

I mean, if this dude was pretty clean and just bought some goodies from shard exchange, even though they been duped, why would turbine ban him? He didn't dupe them, he just bought them.

Say, they did ban him. If he knew he was clean, he'd not just send an email there and come here bitch about it... he'd phone them and explain that he's clean, so they'd unban him.

Also, I LOL'd about him calling turbine "incompitent." I mean, dude got banned without doing anything and he's not gonna contact turbine so you he have your account back? And he goes to ddo forum to create a thread about him being banned even though he knows it's against the rules? Who's incompitent?

First, you phone them, explain calmly that you're not a duper and you want your account back. If you've done it right, ie without resorting to insults and shit like that, you got your account back. Only then, if it didn't work, you start a shitstorm.

TL;DR No offense, but Cyr seems like either a cheater or a moron.

I contacted them through their official channels within minutes of realizing I was banned.

I was also very clear that any check of my account that would prove duping would come up negative AND explained that a check of the ASAH records would prove the same thing.  I sent the same thing to Turbine in my appeal.

That is their official method of appeal.  They still have not gotten back to me, if anyone is wondering.

I also started a thread on the live forums and here, because Turbine has a long track record of being incompetent and covering up their mistakes unless you go through more then the official channels.

I lost a few epic tokens doing a bank transfer a while ago.  Filed ticket and GM said it was impossible to return the items or verify they ever existed.  I had more then a few friends ingame who had lost items and had GMs return their items so I knew this was a GM being lazy.  I asked to be promoted to a senior GM (which is pretty much the way to get something done through the GM department).  My request was ignored and when I put in a ticket requesting this I was threatened with a ban if I opened up another ticket over the matter...yeah a GM threatened to ban me for asking to speak to his superior over a matter.  I posted on the live forums and it was 'against the rules', but it got the attention of a developer who over ruled the GMs and got my situation straightened out.

My guildy lost a bag soon afterwards and had to do the SAME DAMN THING AS ME even though the GMs had development say to them stop ignoring player tickets about lost items (note more then a few GMs are competent, problem is far too many are not and their idea of doing their job is closing tickets without helping people).  He got development attention got his issue resolved and eventually it led to the bag returning in the mail thing.

As for why did my account get looked at in the first place here?  I have to assume it was either someone who personally did not like me (no shortage of those in the GM department and even a few ingame) or most likely just random ASAH activity being examined by GMs.

As for why the ban, well from responses here it seems Turbine GMs do not bother using (if they have them) any tools to evaluate duping beyond glancing at the size of stacks in someone's bags without regard to if they are bound or unbound. IE, gross incompetence.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - May 30th, 2014 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 8:30pm:
As for why the ban, well from responses here it seems Turbine GMs do not bother using (if they have them) any tools to evaluate duping beyond glancing at the size of stacks in someone's bags without regard to if they are bound or unbound. IE, gross incompetence.

Yeah, more of the lame mantra: "I should be OK so long as I didn't do the duping myself!" 

I'm sure you're prepared to lie more about how you "didn't know" or "couldn't know" that you were purchasing massive quantities of duped goods.  Unfortunately, the jury isn't buying that retarded story.  Nobody with a brain would buy it.

You are beyond pathetic for whining and crying about this.  Be a man, not a whiny little pussy.  Suck it up and move on.  And exploit more carefully in the future.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - May 30th, 2014 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Really there are multiple things here which just pissed me off...

* The form letter without details...literally the details it provided was 14 day ban for 'an item exploit'.  Just plain vague and like receiving a letter saying simply 'you have been convicted of a crime'.  Details such as date of alleged crime and specifics are needed so that a proper appeal can be made as well as to keep the GMs accountable. Frankly, with the letter as written I am guessing at what Turbine thinks I did wrong.  Heck some here think it is not duping but merely buying items from the ASAH which could have been duped...I can not imagine how many players that would cover...I certainly think that IF that is what Turbine is banning people for now they better make that information public.

* No attempt to contact me was made before a ban was handed out.  That would have been a quick conversation with me pointing out that I had bought items from the ASAH and was in the process of reselling them.  I also would have told them they were welcome to look at my BOUND items and see that the one item class of item that just a look at an account without any GM tools could accomplish would show nothing out of order.

* It was done on a holiday guaranteeing that I would not get a response to an appeal quickly.

* It was done by the ingame GM department without any personal responsibility assignable.  By this I mean when you are arrested and you know who your accuser is and if they might have a vendetta against you.

* GMs have been erasing stuff from accounts willy nilly from reports I have read.  That is not acceptable behavior even in the case of people who are confirmed dupers through provable methods (ie they have thousands of BtC phlogs on their toons without thousands of runs of the raids...).  In those cases you either ban the account or you undo the actual duping.  You do not guess at what might be duped and erase it or just randomly erase stuff.  With that type of behavior going on the GMs are clearly NOT BEING HELD TO ANY STANDARDS.  That is a dangerous mentality and leads to situations like mine where assumptions are being made which are wrong and harmful to the players.

* Turbine has for years had the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with in that time.  My cable company is downright pleasant to deal with in comparison.  I honestly am just sick of the company and their screw what the players' want attitude which permeates every department there not just the GMs.

* All in all, I am just sick of dealing with Turbine where playing a game I used to love is more and more of a headache because of the company running it.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2014 at 9:04pm by Cyr »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - May 30th, 2014 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 8:30pm:

you are surprised by this? Haven't we seen similar examples to what happen to you with the pior scares and hysteria around past duping? Unless those people where lying I saw examples posted here in the vault about people complaining about being targeted and just having large stacks of stuff as being the only reason.

So trading and just having large amounts of stuff on you even if you did not dupe yourself is something that's going to get their attention. Where you not aware of this?

Also having a vault account in the same name as your mother forums account is another way to bring yourself to attention im betting im sure most of the people who fall into that group are among the first to have their accounts logged into an a GM go through their bags and whatnot looking for suspicious amounts of whatever, they deem to be suspicious.

Hopefully more people will be careful, asah is dangerous, storing and trading large amounts of mats, augments especially the more useful ones is dangerous even if you didn't make them magically appear in your inventory.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #174 - May 30th, 2014 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:02pm:

* The form letter without details...literally the details it provided was 14 day ban for 'an item exploit'.  Just plain vague and like receiving a letter saying simply 'you have been convicted of a crime'.  Details such as date of alleged crime and specifics are needed so that a proper appeal can be made as well as to keep the GMs accountable. Frankly, with the letter as written I am guessing at what Turbine thinks I did wrong.  Heck some here think it is not duping but merely buying items from the ASAH which could have been duped...I can not imagine how many players that would cover.

* No attempt to contact me was made before a ban was handed out.  That would have been a quick conversation with me pointing out that I had bought items from the ASAH and was in the process of reselling them.  I also would have told them they were welcome to look at my BOUND items and see that the one item class of item that just a look at an account without any GM tools could accomplish would show nothing out of order.

* It was done on a holiday guaranteeing that I would not get a response to an appeal quickly.

* It was done by the ingame GM department without any personal responsibility assignable.  By this I mean when you are arrested and you know who your accuser is and if they might have a vendetta against you.

* GMs have been erasing stuff from accounts willy nilly from reports I have read.  That is not acceptable behavior even in the case of people who are confirmed dupers through provable methods (ie they have thousands of BtC phlogs on their toons without thousands of runs of the raids...).  In those cases you either ban the account or you undo the actual duping.  You do not guess at what might be duped and erase it or just randomly erase stuff.  With that type of behavior going on the GMs are clearly NOT BEING HELD TO ANY STANDARDS.  That is a dangerous mentality and leads to situations like mine where assumptions are being made which are wrong and harmful to the players.

* Turbine has for years had the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with in that time.  My cable company is downright pleasant to deal with in comparison.  I honestly am just sick of the company and their screw what the players' want attitude which permeates every department there not just the GMs.

* All in all, I am just sick of dealing with Turbine where playing a game I used to love is more and more of a headache because of the company running it.

Rinse repeat,

* The form letter without details...literally the details it provided was 14 day ban for 'an item exploit'.  Just plain vague and like receiving a letter saying simply 'you have been convicted of a crime'.  Details such as date of alleged crime and specifics are needed so that a proper appeal can be made as well as to keep the GMs accountable. Frankly, with the letter as written I am guessing at what Turbine thinks I did wrong.  Heck some here think it is not duping but merely buying items from the ASAH which could have been duped...I can not imagine how many players that would cover.

Rinse repeat,

Rinse repeat....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint