Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67835 times)
Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #175 - May 30th, 2014 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:04pm:
you are surprised by this? Haven't we seen similar examples to what happen to you with the pior scares and hysteria around past duping? Unless those people where lying I saw examples posted here in the vault about people complaining about being targeted and just having large stacks of stuff as being the only reason.

So trading and just having large amounts of stuff on you even if you did not dupe yourself is something that's going to get their attention. Where you not aware of this?

Also having a vault account in the same name as your mother forums account is another way to bring yourself to attention im betting im sure most of the people who fall into that group are among the first to have their accounts logged into an a GM go through their bags and whatnot looking for suspicious amounts of whatever, they deem to be suspicious.

Hopefully more people will be careful, asah is dangerous, storing and trading large amounts of mats, augments especially the more useful ones is dangerous even if you didn't make them magically appear in your inventory.

I was not following the forums as much as in the past, so no sadly I did not take notice of this.

It is kind of one of those situations where no matter how lazy and incompetent Turbine has been in the past I am still surprised when they manage to top themselves.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #176 - May 30th, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:02pm:
You do not guess at what might be duped and erase it or just randomly erase stuff.

They just delete whatever the fuck they want.

They deleted my PLIS back during the first big dupe bans. Made a lot of sense.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - May 31st, 2014 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:08pm:
I was not following the forums as much as in the past, so no sadly I did not take notice of this.

It is kind of one of those situations where no matter how lazy and incompetent Turbine has been in the past I am still surprised when they manage to top themselves.

Yeah well if your someone who likes to trade and hoard what are you suppose to do? Give up on trading large amounts and shuffle your existing goods around and or, worse delete them or give them to friends?

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #178 - May 31st, 2014 at 3:12am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 2:43am:
Yeah well if your someone who likes to trade and hoard what are you suppose to do? Give up on trading large amounts and shuffle your existing goods around and or, worse delete them or give them to friends?

That^^
Trading stuff on AHAS will always get attention. Suddenly prices of Endless Night Ruby went from 50 AS to 950 on my server - so someone out there still have lots of duped augments but keep low.
Only last week I had to delete 5 ESOS and two full Abishai sets (I etr a lot). Certain tricks are not worth getting caught.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #179 - May 31st, 2014 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Check...

Did they send you just as vague of a nonsense form letter as they sent me when you were banned?

I can not believe that they think that is acceptable.  When you say someone has broken a rule you need to actually say the particulars and not a vague term like 'item exploit'.

date/particulars are required.  Otherwise, there is no way to form a proper response beyond what I did which was guess at how they could have incompetently arrived at the false conclusion that I was exploiting.

Sorry to hear you got ban hammered Cyr.

Regarding your point above, pretty sure they keep it vague for two reasons:
1. The due diligence required to form the view that you are an evil exploiter is much lower and fits the Turdbine work ethic.
2. It makes it hard to appeal against something nebulous.

I guess they figure that if they think you have exploited, and they give you a vague reason, the guilty will just assume it was for whatever thing they did.
Job done for them.

I have no problem with the use of scaling bans or punishments, but I think they need to actually prove it, just to ensure they don't get false positives.  The main problem with the false positives is the inventory cleansing that can't be undone, when Turdbine realise the error.

Also, because nailing innocent customers is pretty damn insulting and not particularly good business practice.

Hope to see you back in game soon.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2014 at 4:33am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #180 - May 31st, 2014 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:08pm:

Yeah their incompetence is........just bad.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #181 - May 31st, 2014 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:02pm:
* GMs have been erasing stuff from accounts willy nilly from reports I have read.

I can, in fact, confirm that this happened to me.  The GM erased various store bought items from my inventory that were not dupable (at least as far as I know). 
Oils of Repair (5), Shears of Destoiny (2) amongst other store items were deleted from my toons. 
When I objected I was told tough and that no appeals would be tolerated. 

I also had loads of non-store bought items deleted that weren't dupable.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - May 31st, 2014 at 5:29am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 5:27am:
I can, in fact, confirm that this happened to me.  The GM erased various store bought items from my inventory that were not dupable (at least as far as I know). 
Oils of Repair (5), Shears of Destoiny (2) amongst other store items were deleted from my toons. 
When I objected I was told tough and that no appeals would be tolerated. 

I also had loads of non-store bought items deleted that weren't dupable.

But you where ok with this right? Its all part of the price in the war against these terrible criminals even if some innocent person gets stuff they spent real money on destroyed in the campaign against crime?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #183 - May 31st, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 5:29am:
But you where ok with this right? Its all part of the price in the war against these terrible criminals even if some innocent person gets stuff they spent real money on destroyed in the campaign against crime?

These muppets don't use common sense.
Remember Extreme Prejudice - they think they're the Marines and you da bad dudes.
If you get tarred as an exploiter, ain't no punishment too harsh.  They forget the part about you being a customer, and balancing punishment with not losing customers.  However, you can go around and rip players off with complete impunity though.  Stealing from other players is perfectly acceptable.

Why they delete unusual items, it could be because they're incompetent and have no idea what is dupable and what isn't.

I think the reality is that it is simply expedient.  They don't have time or resources to investigate properly, so they just go delete shit randomly.
We've already seen from reports that the application of Extreme Prejudice is extremely varied.
And it is possible to convert the duped stuff into TP thru trades..... So store bought items aren't necessarily clean.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2014 at 7:41am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #184 - May 31st, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 5:29am:
But you where ok with this right?

No.  It was theft.  clear and simple. 

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #185 - May 31st, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 10:40am:

Similar thing happened to Olas account the.. second time.. third time.. i forget... ~shrug~ one of the times that i wasnt even online for the duping.. i was just marked previously as an exploit user.. Logged in after 3 weeks of not being online at all, to find that i could not log in. Went to change the password and what not, just in case i had forgotten it or something, still couldnt log in.. as i was checking the verification email thingy for the new pass, noticed another TB email stating my account had been suspended for 2 weeks.. i was like... really...

after loggin in my inventory was completely wiped, had nothing left. Raid gear, that isnt even remotely dupable to my knowledge, among many old items, that no longer exist (Pale Lavender Ioun with 70 recharge instead of 50.. :c)

appealed it.. appeal was instantly declined.. So.. the next dupe i got wind of, oddly found it on my own.. who woulda thought... , i went all out.. dint care. made everything and anything i could, and traded it off to random folks.. even folks that just were walkin by.. got a 90 day for it.. but fuck it felt good..

now here i sit.. waiting 2 more weeks to get on and see the dmg... xD

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #186 - May 31st, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I don't understand how some of you can take the EXXXXXXXTREME PREJUDICE™ more than once...

I'd be long, long, LONG gone, if I got hit with it, just once.  Roll Eyes

(Ollie-Baba, you're crazy. I'm just saaaayying.)
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2014 at 12:06pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #187 - May 31st, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 11:20am:
Similar thing happened to Olas account the.. second time.. third time.. i forget... ~shrug~ one of the times that i wasnt even online for the duping.. i was just marked previously as an exploit user.. Logged in after 3 weeks of not being online at all, to find that i could not log in. Went to change the password and what not, just in case i had forgotten it or something, still couldnt log in.. as i was checking the verification email thingy for the new pass, noticed another TB email stating my account had been suspended for 2 weeks.. i was like... really...

after loggin in my inventory was completely wiped, had nothing left. Raid gear, that isnt even remotely dupable to my knowledge, among many old items, that no longer exist (Pale Lavender Ioun with 70 recharge instead of 50.. :c)

appealed it.. appeal was instantly declined.. So.. the next dupe i got wind of, oddly found it on my own.. who woulda thought... , i went all out.. dint care. made everything and anything i could, and traded it off to random folks.. even folks that just were walkin by.. got a 90 day for it.. but fuck it felt good..

now here i sit.. waiting 2 more weeks to get on and see the dmg... xD

Are you trying as hard as you can to get permabanned before you regain access to your account?

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - May 31st, 2014 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 10:40am:

Wait turbine can make mistakes?

But it obviously was not a mistake in regards to the OP? You know they banned him for exploiting not trading in exploited goods right?

What did you do to get their attention? Where you exploiting yourself?

Wait im missing the picture, your only not ok with it when it happens to you, but if it happens to anyone else its all gravy in the war to crack down on these terrible terrible criminals. Not the just the dupers but bob or joe buying a few scales or whatever off the asah or ah to finish their items. Bann em!!! And rape their accounts!!! Even of store bought items!!!
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2014 at 10:32pm by NaturalHazard »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - May 31st, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 10:25pm:
Not the just the dupers but bob or joe buying a few scales or whatever off the asah or ah to finish their items. Bann em!!! And rape their accounts!!! Even of store bought items!!!

The OP is not Bob or Joe who is buying a few items of the ASAH in order to finish his items.  The OP is happily buying up massive quantities of known duped goods in order to resell them.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #190 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Who had that dead horse Imoji?  and can I use it?  Grin

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #191 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Wait turbine can make mistakes?

Of course they can.  And that is why there is an appeals process I imagine.

But it obviously was not a mistake in regards to the OP? You know they banned him for exploiting not trading in exploited goods right?

I don't know why they banned him - he reports that turbine says "Item Exploit".  His assumption was that it was because of the stacks of goods he has been buying/selling on the AH
My assumption is those goods were created by exploits.  When I see 1000 shadow dragon scales for 500 Astral Shards I assume those are exploited scales.   I think it is reasonable for anyone else to assume that. 
The OP does lots of buying and selling by his own admission.  I can see how turbine could well see this laundering the scales/AS.  Each buy/sell creates a transaction that needs to be tracked down and the buying of large quantities followed by many small quantity sales could look exactly like this. 
However the fundamental point here is that any reasonable person would assume 1000 shadow dragon scales for 500AS is dealing in exploited goods. 

What did you do to get their attention? Where you exploiting yourself?

Yes, I participated in Duppapaloza last year.  1st time I knowingly exploited, and I went mad I made 10K CoV.  I didn't dupe any store related stuff, only in game things.  I was banned (without any email saying so for several days) and then ban extended.  A gm logged my character on, deleted every bag and recreated every bag.  GM also deleted loads of other things that weren't in bags, some of which came from in game events/purchase and others that were store purchases and as far as I am aware could NOT have come from exploits. 

I expected to be caught and stripped of the duped goods, I expected a character roll back - I had fun duping for a couple of days. 
I though what they did was disproportionate. 
I had 100's of scrolls, seals and shards from years of raiding 6 nights a week - all gone.  All the shroud/amrath/mindsunder/scales ingredients, all gone. 
All my crafting ingredients gone. 
Ice elemental and air elemental gems (from cove/winter festival) gone. 
flawless Siberys shards (store bought and manufactured) all gone.
Yellow Dopents all gone (store bought). 
Repair Oils all gone (store bought).
Shears all gone (store bought)
loads of other similar stuff all gone. 

Here's a quote to the email response:
"In-game support is unable to return any items removed during the investigat
ion of duplicated items, regardless of the circumstances.

- Turbine Customer Service

Ogdred"
I translate the above to "suck it up".

Wait im missing the picture, your only not ok with it when it happens to you, but if it happens to anyone else its all gravy in the war to crack down on these terrible terrible criminals. Not the just the dupers but bob or joe buying a few scales or whatever off the asah or ah to finish their items. Bann em!!! And rape their accounts!!! Even of store bought items!!!

That's not what I said.  That's not what I meant.  You are making up stuff. 

The "adjustment" to my account was disproportionate.
They took from me store bought stuff (i.e. for all intents and purposes real world bought stuff).

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #192 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:36am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:31am:
Yes, I participated in Duppapaloza last year.  1st time I knowingly exploited, and I went mad I made 10K CoV.  I didn't dupe any store related stuff, only in game things.  I was banned (without any email saying so for several days) and then ban extended.  A gm logged my character on, deleted every bag and recreated every bag.  GM also deleted loads of other things that weren't in bags, some of which came from in game events/purchase and others that were store purchases and as far as I am aware could NOT have come from exploits. 

I expected to be caught and stripped of the duped goods, I expected a character roll back - I had fun duping for a couple of days. 
I though what they did was disproportionate. 
I had 100's of scrolls, seals and shards from years of raiding 6 nights a week - all gone.  All the shroud/amrath/mindsunder/scales ingredients, all gone. 
All my crafting ingredients gone. 
Ice elemental and air elemental gems (from cove/winter festival) gone. 
flawless Siberys shards (store bought and manufactured) all gone.
Yellow Dopents all gone (store bought). 
Repair Oils all gone (store bought).
Shears all gone (store bought)
loads of other similar stuff all gone. 

Here's a quote to the email response:
"In-game support is unable to return any items removed during the investigat
ion of duplicated items, regardless of the circumstances.

- Turbine Customer Service

Ogdred"
I translate the above to "suck it up"

I'm curious, how did that make you feel at the time and now?
Did you think "fair enough, I deserved that" or did you think, "fuck me, what an overreaction.  Screw Turdbine!"  Or maybe something else?

I think the kind of OTT response that you and others experienced does not correct the behaviour they are seeking to stop, but instead achieves one of two outcomes:
1.  Player leaves in disgust.
2.  Permanently alienates players and they think screw you, I'm going to exploit like crazy and fuck with your game just for fun.

Tell me how either of those outcomes serves Turdbine in the long run?

Short sighted muppets making the decisions.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #193 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 7:30am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:36am:
2.  Permanently alienates players and they think screw you, I'm going to exploit like crazy and fuck with your game just for fun.

Option 2)

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #194 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 8:57am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:36am:

It has another effect that extends far beyond the victim. It produces an atmosphere of fear, uncertainty, and stress. "If they are banning people for using the ASAH, I could be next". People come to fear, and eventually hate, the capricious whim of Turbine.

It's important to remember that one major force driving people to play RPGs is to escape the stress of real life. If this particular RPG becomes stressful, it isn't an escape anymore, and they will find one that isn't stressful.

I'm not saying Turbine shouldn't tackle the laundering aspect of duping, but they need to be extreeeemely careful how they do it. Extreeeeeme prejudice here could really blow up in their faces.

They seem to be over confident from a bunch of Forum Paladins goading them on, they need to take a step back and think about the broader implications of punishing people for nothing more than possessing a big stack.

If you poison the sweet taste of scoring a good deal on the ASAH with the bitter nagging fear that you might get banned and your inventory wiped for it, then you are driving another nail in the coffin of this once great game. By all means use ASAH postings as a flag, but target the posters, not the buyers, and require your GMs to use a higher standard of proof than “wow, he's got a big stack”.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #195 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 8:57am:
It's important to remember that one major force driving people to play RPGs is to escape the stress of real life. If this particular RPG becomes stressful, it isn't an escape anymore, and they will find one that isn't stressful.

Wherever you go... there you are.   -Buckaroo Banzai

For me this has always summed up vacations, hobbies, etc... if you are a stress monster (most of us are) you will find a way to recreate your lifestyle no matter where you remove to.  Sad

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #196 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
What I hate the most is Turbine bastards always are always right. JK. They do not care if you have been farming shroud for last few years and have 1000x of every ingredient, essences of cleansing etc. They even do not care for all seals, shards and scrolls - those were duped for sure.
Even if you had a green steel weapons  and they were made years ago - they have every right to delete it and you won't be able to prove that they are fully legit etc.
After all TURDBINE HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT! Turbine morons - GFY!
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:25pm by WP »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #197 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Wherever you go... there you are.   -Buckaroo Banzai

For me this has always summed up vacations, hobbies, etc... if you are a stress monster (most of us are) you will find a way to recreate your lifestyle no matter where you remove to.  

GyaSmiley You have no idea how creepy it is to hear wisdom from a troll. This may be your most effective trolling yet.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #198 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:38pm:
GyaSmiley You have no idea how creepy it is to hear wisdom from a troll. This may be your most effective trolling yet.

Ahhhh! I see your mistake!

I am not a troll, I am a self-satisfying binge posting spaz... just as aggravating mind you, but different.

I get that mistake all the time  Grin

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #199 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
WP wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 5:24pm:
They do not care if you have been farming shroud for last few years and have 1000x of every ingredient, essences of cleansing etc. They even do not care for all seals, shards and scrolls - those were duped for sure.
Even if you had a green steel weapons  and they were made years ago - they have every right to delete it and you won't be able to prove that they are fully legit etc.

of course that sucks, and i would probably just quit this shitty game (as it has become lately) if it happened to me in a big scale.
but if we want to be fair, another way to see it is if you regard the deletion of some unduped items as a punishment for getting caught exploiting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint