Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67666 times)
Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Game Ban W/O item exploiting
May 26th, 2014 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
I just got a ban for item exploiting...which is bull shit because I do not dupe items or even trade for dupable items almost ever...and certainly not recently.

Only thing I can think of (and which makes sense based upon Turbine's incompetence) is that Turbine decided that stacks of items on the ASAH should be investigated and their investigation was the most moronic one ever....log onto toon check number of items...

Problem with that of course is that I regularly buy stacks when I see them for a good deal and the resell them later.

Recently I dropped 4K shards on items and am in the process of reselling them.  So I have tons of inventory still on my account.

I expect Turbine to ignore an official appeal I filed (because incompetence...), ban my forum account, and fuck up my inventory while they are at it.

That many shards worth of product is just not something I will swallow and keep playing afterwards.  So looks like Turbine finally will make me quit the game for good and any future Turbine products while they are at it.

Here is a copy of my post on the official forums.

Account Ban W/O item duping...

Some background...

I buy large amounts of goods from the ASAH when I see deals.

I also resell those goods on the ASAH.

By large amounts I means I spent literally over 4000 shards recently on items.

I have since made back about 3500 shards.

So lots of stuff.

I received an email from Turbine without being contacted ingame that my account had a ban for 14 days for 'an item exploit'...with NO OTHER DETAILS GIVEN which is also unacceptable.

Clearly Turbine is not even doing more then looking at stack sizes on peoples accounts now. That is unacceptable behavior.

I know I know, Turbine does not like being called out on their BS and will shut the thread.

The only way to get Turbine to fix their own bad behavior is to raise a public voice about it.

So here it is. Long time player who raised a huge outcry about the shroud exploiting back in the day is saying...watch out because Turbine is now banning people for having goods acquired on the ASAH!

This is not some random 10 post guy who no ones knows, but someone who most long time forumites know.

Hopefully some of the forumites will see this before it gets deep sixed and pass along the news that Turbine is acting in Mayban fashion again and my likely forum ban serves some purpose.

Later guys.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
That sucks :/ Sorry to hear that. Makes me fear for my own account -__- Hopefully you will get account back, untouched. But, with turbine, that is doubtful.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Very doubtful I will get my account back without untouched which will mean game over for me.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
There is only one solution, threaten to share exploits twice a week... nevermind. Seriously now, GL.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Get busy exploiting or get busy Dying.....

Yeah! I just Shawshanked your ass!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Wanted to post on shithole DDO forums but meh :

That sucks. It really does.

Although I hate to say it but probably every Shadow and Dragon Scale, Draconic Gem, Otto's Box, Black Stone, Meteoric Ruby, Ingot, Meridian Fragment, 3/4 of high level augments and Ruby Eyes since U 21 on asah is duped stuff.

Obvious to anyone that uses/checks asah regularly. "Traders beware" exactly because what happened to you. Even if all you did was perfectly kosher.

I don't care about what you do with your game, but putting duped stuff on asah is really not cool. ( dang not YOU, I mean the "first" person ).
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 5:25pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Sorry didn't see you had posted here yet.  Added to Blackheartx/Overvann's thread in the drama initiative section since the same thing basically happened to him.

Good luck, and the wife read your post and went "Oh shit."

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:06pm:
Problem with that of course is that I regularly buy stacks when I see them for a good deal and the resell them later.

Recently I dropped 4K shards on items and am in the process of reselling them.  So I have tons of inventory still on my account.

I buy large amounts of goods from the ASAH when I see deals.

I also resell those goods on the ASAH.

By large amounts I means I spent literally over 4000 shards recently on items.

I have since made back about 3500 shards.

So lots of stuff.

not sure if true (I do trust him but I don't read his account email, of course) but a friend of mine got banned on Sarlona for buying 5k dwarven ingots; 14 days ban as well.

If I was you, I'd pass on those obviously duped items on the auction house, especially if you resell them. Because, if you buy 5k dwarven ingots, you can probably not ever get that many on a legit way.. Everyone knows that, Turbine, too. And that's why you are banned.

Greed < Account, my advice for next time. I don't think they are deleting shards, but they surely gonna delete the large stacks of mats that you bought. If you are lucky, they are lazy and you can buy your stuff back from  the buy back option @ tavern npc. However, they are saying that they are monitoring your account, so be careful if you buy back anything. Again, my friend could buy his stuff back, and didn't get banned again, but I don't know what he bought back and what he left in there (since it's bugged and does not delete but just remains in the buy back window - yey- 46 pages by now - chances are high that you can just buy it back in a couple of weeks before u22...

either way, good luck.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 5:31pm by Quak »  

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Would be interesting to see how many lfms would be up for the new content if people didn't dupe their shit to sell them on the ASAH, people were so retarded the first days of the update they would buy anything for any price, it was crazy. I remember putting up the first Meteoric Star Ruby in the server on the ASAH and selling it for 5k astral shards, the next day someone bought it, second time I put it up for 3.5k and I sold it again. Duped u21 stuff is probably 90% of today's ddo market.. if they started banning anyone who has at least 1 duped item, they might as well just shutdown the game because ddo population would be 0.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:37pm:
Would be interesting to see how many lfms would be up for the new content if people didn't dupe their shit to sell them on the ASAH, people were so retarded the first days of the update they would buy anything for any price, it was crazy. I remember putting up the first Meteoric Star Ruby in the server on the ASAH and selling it for 5k astral shards, the next day someone bought it, second time I put it up for 3.5k and I sold it again. Duped u21 stuff is probably 90% of today's ddo market.. if they started banning anyone who has at least 1 duped item, they might as well just shutdown the game because ddo population would be 0.

yup.

so ...purdy

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
madman wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:24pm:
Sorry didn't see you had posted here yet.  Added to Blackheartx/Overvann's thread in the drama initiative section since the same thing basically happened to him.

Good luck, and the wife read your post and went "Oh shit."

No didn't see his thread before now.  Have not been as upto date on the forum threads as I used to be.

Thanks for the extra data point.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
More proof that trading in DDO is a bannable offense, sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Munkenmo wrote on May 17th, 2014 at 2:59pm:
They have no way to tell if stuff is duped or not. My partner played ddo primarily to trade. After 5 years of trading, and having our whole guild help send her resources she had more boxes, scales scrolls etc than the average duper.

She and I avoided dupapalooza like the plague.  Turbine still deleted all her bags ( store bought or not), ottos boxes, xp stones, and set her astral shards to 0.

She rang, got nowhere, needless to say she quit. I didnt have as much as her and after getting caught in the dupapalooza bans, logged back in to find everything in my bags set to stacks of 3.

Turbines inability to manage bugs, databases and exploits are pathetic, worse the same QA guy who let this shit go live under his nose is in charge now...

Theres no point getting ahead legit big brother isnt watching you, theyre just waiting till you reach the magic number,  then ban.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Main forum thread is killed.

Not a shocker there, but faster then I would have expected on a holiday weekend.

Wow, munk...just wow.  How could you still play this game after being hosed over that hard?

You raise a stink on the main forums at least?

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 26th, 2014 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:42pm:
No didn't see his thread before now.  Have not been as upto date on the forum threads as I used to be.

Thanks for the extra data point.

NP, as expected, Cord closed your thread but strangely did not cube it.

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:57pm:
Main forum thread is killed.

Not a shocker there, but faster then I would have expected on a holiday weekend.

Wow, munk...just wow.  How could you still play this game after being hosed over that hard?

I think Cord has been checking stuff out all weekend since there have be a few threads closed by him.

Vann/BlackHeartx raised a stink on the forums and still got hosed.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #15 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Great now the AH and ASAH got turdbined too...

YOU FUCKTARDS ARE REALLY RETARDED, CONGRATS
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 6:04pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
madman wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:01pm:
I think Cord has been checking stuff out all weekend since there have be a few threads closed by him.

Vann/BlackHeartx raised a stink on the forums and still got hosed.

Well its not like anyone would want the fat fucker at their bbq is it?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:57pm:

My First ever forum warning (not infraction) was about protesting our bans, then I got caught in the wave of 1month long forum bans that co-coincided with in-game bans.

I'm still on the forums because I still enjoy making builds + it's hard to keep up with all the build bugs / mechanics without crowd sourcing.

Playing is no longer fun though, and I owned few packs, so staying VIP & paying turbine is out of the question.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:07pm:
My First ever forum warning (not infraction) was about protesting our bans, then I got caught in the wave of 1month long forum bans that co-coincided with in-game bans.

I'm still on the forums because I still enjoy making builds + it's hard to keep up with all the build bugs / mechanics without crowd sourcing.

Playing is no longer fun though, and I owned few packs, so staying VIP & paying turbine is out of the question.

Check...

Did they send you just as vague of a nonsense form letter as they sent me when you were banned?

I can not believe that they think that is acceptable.  When you say someone has broken a rule you need to actually say the particulars and not a vague term like 'item exploit'.

date/particulars are required.  Otherwise, there is no way to form a proper response beyond what I did which was guess at how they could have incompetently arrived at the false conclusion that I was exploiting.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Check...

Did they send you just as vague of a nonsense form letter as they sent me when you were banned?

I can not believe that they think that is acceptable.  When you say someone has broken a rule you need to actually say the particulars and not a vague term like 'item exploit'.

date/particulars are required.  Otherwise, there is no way to form a proper response beyond what I did which was guess at how they could have incompetently arrived at the false conclusion that I was exploiting.

Pretty sure they use item exploit nomatter what the offence is. There are numerous threads with people being banned with the same reason and none of them have any idea what the exploit in question is.

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Check...

I'm sending you a PM.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
"Oh, he looks like he has too much stuff" /ban

Sadly, I think this is the only check they do at all. They apparently have no way to track anything item-related in this game. So as Munk said, magic number = ban.

Really sucks that you got banned due to incompetence  Sad

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:55pm:
"Oh, he looks like he has too much stuff" /ban

Sadly, I think this is the only check they do at all. They apparently have no way to track anything item-related in this game. So as Munk said, magic number = ban.

Really sucks that you got banned due to incompetence  Sad

Worst part is that a simple check of tier 3 weapons and phlogs on my account would have made it painfully obvious that I was not duping Sad

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
But Turbine is not able to do such a simple check.

I start to wonder how many players get banned who didn't exploit compared to the real exploiters they are banning.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 7:25pm:
But Turbine is not able to do such a simple check.

I start to wonder how many players get banned who didn't exploit compared to the real exploiters they are banning.

Sure they are.  Log onto account.  Go to bank.  Open bank.  Look for items.  Check inventory.  Check mail.  Check buyback tab.

Done.

Sure a more competent company could just run a database search, but...Turbine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint