Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67732 times)
SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #25 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Problem is they would need to log through every toon. And I am not sure but if they don't have a special program to log into your account the relogging to all toons would just take too much time.

Maybe they just thought you would have bought duped items on purpose. Would be also a valid reason to ban for some time.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
Maybe they just thought you would have bought duped items on purpose. Would be also a valid reason to ban for some time.

Bingo!

Really, I have modified my position,  in that case when you just buy duped stuff your not a exploiter with no balls, no really your a pimp!  getting them exploit Ho's to suck all those scales for you while you stand at the ASAH and make coin!

SLAP! bitch! where is my ingots!!!

In case you hadn't noticed I don't have any sympathy for the OP, he is either a liar, or incompetent, or bitching about getting busted for all the profits he made from the dupe economy.  Tell you what cyr.... wait wait, Tell you what Pimp, if you actually bought all those shards with real money, then you would have my sympathy... and contempt.

Stop all your bitching and go play on your alt account, you got caught, so suck it up and stop being a baby.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 7:43pm by »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Did they send you just as vague of a nonsense form letter as they sent me when you were banned?

Quote:
Your Dungeons & Dragons Online account has been suspended as a result of a  confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 14 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you participated in and shared an exploit within the game.

You can find more information regarding the associated policy at the following URL: http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/467
Our ultimate goal is to provide an appropriately safe, fun, and engaging experience for our entire player community. To that end, the Player Code of Conduct must be enforced.

If you have any information that you feel would alter the decision made in this action, please visit http://turbine.com/support, and follow the links to the In-Game Support help page to submit your appeal. Note that all account actions are taken only after a significant amount of research and verification is performed to ensure proper Code of Conduct enforcement. In addition, if you have received a temporary suspension, it will expire automatically - you do not need to contact us to have a temporary suspension removed at its conclusion.

Turbine In-Game Support Team

Quote:
Greetings,

This communication has been sent to notify you of an update to the status of your DDO account.  The ban on your account is being extended by two weeks as we continue to clean characters found to be involved in the use of an item exploit.  We will contact you again at the email on file on your account if there are any additional updates.

Turbine In Game Support

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Munky posted:

Greetings,

This communication has been sent to notify you of an update to the status of your DDO account.  The ban on your account is being extended by two weeks as we continue to clean characters found to be involved in the use of an item exploit.  We will contact you again at the email on file on your account if there are any additional updates.

Turbine In Game Support

Oh man! you are not going to be walking straight when they are done with your inventory!!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 7:51pm by »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #29 - May 26th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
So the question is, what the heck did you buy/resell and made 3 or 4k profit  ?
Scales ? Ingots ?

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #30 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2014 at 6:35pm by »  

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
Problem is they would need to log through every toon. And I am not sure but if they don't have a special program to log into your account the relogging to all toons would just take too much time.

Less time then doing the same thing and deleting stacks also of a large variety of items.

As for the second point...I certainly do not think that buying goods form the ASAH is an intent to buy duped goods.  It is an intent to buy goods...for a good price through a medium that Turbine has complete control over and presumably has a method for tracking item IDs on to track items back to origin...but is just too dang lazy/incompetent to use.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 7:59pm:
So the question is, what the heck did you buy/resell and made 3 or 4k profit  ?
Scales ? Ingots ?

Had 4.2K or so shards a few weeks ago from years of buying/selling.  Bought ALOT of stuff with it.  The stuff I bought recently was scales/ingots which is pretty typical for volume as lots of selling/reselling of those going on for last few months and with a volatile price profits are there, but so is risk.  Figured it was surplus inventory that someone like me had built up and was dumping because they wanted more shard liquidity/diversification of stock...which is what I also do when I buy up inventories and run low on shards I sell off for small profits/small losses to get liquid funds going again/diversify my funds so I can get deals when I see them.

The 4.2K shards...jeez tons and tons of ingredients from buy/resell (since ASAH came out), augments, EE items, pretty much anything I pulled that I could sell and my main did not need and anything that I saw for a good deal on the ASAH and resold later.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #33 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 8:15pm:
Less time then doing the same thing and deleting stacks also of a large variety of items.

As for the second point...I certainly do not think that buying goods form the ASAH is an intent to buy duped goods.  It is an intent to buy goods...for a good price through a medium that Turbine has complete control over and presumably has a method for tracking item IDs on to track items back to origin...but is just too dang lazy/incompetent to use.

Oh I think they used it!  Cheesy

Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 8:22pm:
Had 4.2K or so shards a few weeks ago from years of buying/selling.  Bought ALOT of stuff with it.  The stuff I bought recently was scales/ingots which is pretty typical for volume as lots of selling/reselling of those going on for last few months and with a volatile price profits are there, but so is risk.  Figured it was surplus inventory that someone like me had built up and was dumping because they wanted more shard liquidity/diversification of stock...which is what I also do when I buy up inventories and run low on shards I sell off for small profits/small losses to get liquid funds going again/diversify my funds so I can get deals when I see them.

The 4.2K shards...jeez tons and tons of ingredients from buy/resell (since ASAH came out), augments, EE items, pretty much anything I pulled that I could sell and my main did not need and anything that I saw for a good deal on the ASAH and resold later.

Man! let me be the first to say, I hope they extend your ban and gut every single bag you have!  Grin  Maybe that will be enough to get you to drop your "innocent" act and own up to what you were doing Grin

Come on! be honest it's way more fun to be upfront about exploiting then it is to play "victim" like this!!  I promise you will never regret it!

Or alternatively you could just keep banging your little "poor me" drum and beggin for whatever sympathy you can get, either way? really funny! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 8:29pm by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #34 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
That sucks dude. I'm really sorry to hear that Sad

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #35 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh I think they used it!  Cheesy

Man! let me be the first to say, I hope they extend your ban and gut every single bag you have!  Grin  Maybe that will be enough to get you to drop your "innocent" act and own up to what you were doing Grin

Come on! be honest it's way more fun to be upfront about exploiting then it is to play "victim" like this!!  I promise you will never regret it!

Or alternatively you could just keep banging your little "poor me" drum and beggin for whatever sympathy you can get, either way? really funny! Roll Eyes

You obviously don't have any idea what kind of player/person Cyr is.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 26th, 2014 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
yeah... that must totally be it Grin

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 26th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
So you bought obviously duped items off the ASAH and are now pissed that you were caught out doing so?  And you're pleading "innocence" here?  You have got to be kidding me.  Go die in a fire, you fucking moron.  Enjoy your ban.  You deserve it.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 26th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's totally possible to do this, I know lots of players who have, and they can't be blamed for buying things that the cheaters might have made, that is turbine's job.

That's not how the real world works, you dumb idiot.  If you know (or reasonably believe) that goods are stolen, you can be fucked over for buying them.  See pawn shops.

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - May 26th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 8:15pm:

Oh come the fuck on, you complete loser.  If you knowingly purchased duped goods, you deserve the ass raping you got.  If you had a good reason to believe some of the goods you purchased (at amazing prices!) were duped, you also deserve the ass raping you got.  Suck it up, cheater.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 9:44pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 9:40pm:
That's not how the real world works, you dumb idiot.  If you know (or reasonably believe) that goods are stolen, you can be fucked over for buying them.  See pawn shops.

A reasonable belief that a good could have been duped in DDO is ANYTHING THAT GOES IN A BAG.  That would be a shit load of bans going out with that standard.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:00pm:
A reasonable belief that a good could have been duped in DDO is ANYTHING THAT GOES IN A BAG.  That would be a shit load of bans going out with that standard.

You are a complete fucking joke.  You bought OBVIOUSLY duped goods.  You purloined and purchased goods you knew were listed by thieves.  And now you're whining like a pathetic little bitch because you got caught.  It's really fucking hilarious to watch you try to justify your theft. You're lucky you only received a short ban.  You know you're profiting from theft.  Go cry me a river.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #42 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
From personal experience that hit me as well, all i can say is, turbine has no way to check/prevent duping.
They dont have id coded for every item and they dont have any way to check if stack is legit or no.
Those that are cought in cleansing might as well been duping or no, usually its a case where someone reports you and they check stuff.
Appeal wont do shit, and you will prolly lose hellalotsa stuff you have bud.
Even if you didnt do a thing.
Happend to me, lost all cards and all shit that i had, and the stuff that i bought that was duped was still there.
Tells you about their competence level.

Some other people were hit much harder then me, they had the nerve to delete all gsteel or dr armors for some folks.
Whoever is employed in turbine headquarters, please find a another job.
Like my friend said, i would do their job for half pay and would still do it 100 times better.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2014 at 10:20pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #43 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
That really sucks, there is a good reason despite having over flowing bags of both legit and duped items not one is hitting the AH.... and the economy on them is in the crapper already I figure.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:06pm:
You are a complete fucking joke.  You bought OBVIOUSLY duped goods.  You purloined and purchased goods you knew were listed by thieves.  And now you're whining like a pathetic little bitch because you got caught.  It's really fucking hilarious to watch you try to justify your theft. You're lucky you only received a short ban.  You know you're profiting from theft.  Go cry me a river.

I do not consider dupers to be thieves.  I do not consider those buying items I post as exploiters.  I do not think anyone purchasing an item on the ASAH is exploiting, except the guy who posts an item they duped themselves from a second account or coordinates with their buddy to buy it the second it comes up for four shards.

I also think that based upon the communication from Turbine I have had over this that they consider your assnine response to have any merit either.  Not that I think it will matter, because the guys reviewing this have zero incentive to put it right and a lot of incentives to hose me over.

Oh and lelouch that sucks.  Personally I will say, if my account loses a single item or shard I am done with the game and everything I have left goes to my guild to do with as they see fit.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #45 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Turbine - losing customers is their new business!

Where's Maj with witty comments in threads like these  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:27pm:
I do not consider dupers to be thieves.  I do not consider those buying items I post as exploiters.  I do not think anyone purchasing an item on the ASAH is exploiting, except the guy who posts an item they duped themselves from a second account or coordinates with their buddy to buy it the second it comes up for four shards.

I also think that based upon the communication from Turbine I have had over this that they consider your assnine response to have any merit either.  Not that I think it will matter, because the guys reviewing this have zero incentive to put it right and a lot of incentives to hose me over.

Oh and lelouch that sucks.  Personally I will say, if my account loses a single item or shard I am done with the game and everything I have left goes to my guild to do with as they see fit.

If you paid real money for the shards, I'd also try to get your CC company to reverse the charges.

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #47 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 9:37pm:
So you bought obviously duped items off the ASAH and are now pissed that you were caught out doing so?  And you're pleading "innocence" here?  You have got to be kidding me.  Go die in a fire, you fucking moron.  Enjoy your ban.  You deserve it.

It's still BS.  They ban not even 5% of the people duping, but then they think their Perry fucking Mason for busting people that buy from the ASAH?

Even if Cyr buys stuff that he knows is duped it does not matter.  This just sends a message to people to not buy on the ah.  They cant catch the dupers so they decide that they will start attacing people (no matter if guilty or not).

Maban was great for the game wasnt it?

IP Logged

Eistander
Korthos Resident

"Boss Pro Lurker",Tuesdays
at 9.

Reply #48 - May 26th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:47pm:
It's still BS.  They ban not even 5% of the people duping, but then they think their Perry fucking Mason for busting people that buy from the ASAH?

Even if Cyr buys stuff that he knows is duped it does not matter.  This just sends a message to people to not buy on the ah.  They cant catch the dupers so they decide that they will start attacing people (no matter if guilty or not).

Was just about to mention Maban but you beat me to it. No small wonder that people are leaving in droves, its best to walk away than to get forced out through these ridiculous measures in place. Its not even catching the exploiters so much as everyone else in between.

Game over, man. Game over.

Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #49 - May 26th, 2014 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:47pm:

It's Mayban.  The unfortunate thing about these circumstances is that there's may be no way for Turbine to make up for their heavy-handedness.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint